GuideOne Insurance Employee Reviews

Fun and family oriented place to work for
Senior Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 20, 2012
7:30a.m.-4;30.p.m, managed my day as an adjuster, learned a lot about self and time management, inter-personal and collaborative skills were mandatory. Management was great, due to constant audits, always busy. Co-workers were great, still are like family, but some were not academically up to par. Hardest part of the job was interacting with the latter type of co-workers and also denying coverage to a client. The most enjoyable part was when I not only retain clients to improve the comapny's bottom line, but also when clients are happy with the services I provided and get additional friends and family to be a client as well
Pros
yearly bonuses, constant free breakfast and lunches
Cons
growth potential was minimal
ab
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 5, 2014
GuideOne Insurance company offers standard homeowner, auto products and personal excess liability coverage. The Insurance project involves the design and development of a Web based application to provide online insurance services. The web application provides functionalities such as policy management, profile management and claim reporting. The client can access complete account information, details about his policy, upgrade to a new policy based on his previous payment history and credit score , track his claim approval status, and Look up for an agent near his area and file for claims. It also involved developing Soap and Rest Based Webservices to allow communications between other modules.
Great Experience
Agency Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 8, 2012
I worked for this company during my fresh and introductory period in the insurance industry. The atmosphere in the small office in Independence, MO was very pleasant. The agents and adjusters were very professional and high-spirited. This group of people expressed empathy, concern and knowledge with each and every customer. I was able to experience working with a select group of professionals who magnified "customer service" and delivered on the covered product each and every time.
Pros
great work life balance, office atmosphere, flexibility and great team.
Quite place to work and was able to work independently
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed helping the customers solve problems. The respect I received from the customers was amazing. It was gratifying knowing I was able to assist customer with their insurance problems. I big plus was that my customers always ask for me instead of the agent, in some cases.
Pros
Enjoyed helping cusomers
Cons
no advancement along with no benefits or keeping up with the pay scale
Poor management training, little availability for advancement, but do get free lunches
-- (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 5, 2013
No two days are the same, which isn't always a good thing. If your number is pulled to be disliked, work environment becomes borderline more unbearable. Peers were great, but lack of transparency by middle and upper management made it difficult.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
for an insurance company, insurance benefits were lacking
Great place to work, good environment and people.
Supervisor, Pat Kamp (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed my time there. I was a part-time worker and they were very accommodating to time-off needed, except this year the decided to downsize, so time-off was not accommodated.
Pros
good pay, good fellow workers, free full lunch
Cons
not so open to changing the way things were done.
Online Marketing testing
Sr. QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 9, 2015
In this company we can learn how to manage insurance quote in online. I learn how to interact all kind of critical testing and meeting .
Mostly I like in this company interact every one.
The place which taught me most of the basics
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 26, 2015
I have gained a lot of basic things here and it made me face the competitive world with which I have been very successful so far.

4.2