Guild Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and challenging work place
Lead Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
At Guild, I learned professionalism and what it means to work as a team to achieve goals. I loved the company's ethics and it's push to motivate their employees. I worked Full-Time, Monday-Friday so the schedule wasn't harsh on my social life. The company took their time to train their new employees to ensure they understood regulations and products.
Poor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
I worked more than eight hours every day.
90% of my lunches were eaten at my desk.
Management was a terrible in that it does not know how to train properly and therefor there is a high rate of turnover.
Management made the job hard.
The money was the most enjoyable part of working there.
Pros
Income and Bonus, Lots of free lunches
Cons
Management, environment, training, take your work home
Great company to work for!
Transaction Coordinator/Loan Partner (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 5, 2017
This company takes great care of their employees while having a consistent work environment. Everyday is a new learning experience with coworkers who are willing to help out in anyway possible. The best part? Making customer's dreams of "home ownership" a reality!
Good and productive place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 22, 2017
Work days are busy and full of engaging parts. I learned many additional administrative related things. Management is thorough. Overall a good place to work.
Great office to work in , all employees are very and friendly with a great envorinment
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 20, 2017
I was trained in processing of loans and loan officer assisting. A very pleasant office with friendly hard working staff. The best part of my job was making peoples dreams come true in buying the american dream, a home. The hardest thing about this job was letting the clients know that they didnt qualifiy for a loan.
Pros
monthly free lunches from corportate
Cons
No overtime
diversity
loss Mitigation Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2017
What i have like about my previous jobs is the diversity in cultures as well as in opinions that my coworkers bring to make the job fun as well as productive.
Pros
health screenings, gym
Cons
logistics of my job
Great work life balance
o Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 16, 2017
Guild shares the philosophy that community involvement is essential to success. I love being a part of the volunteer efforts. With children in various activities, they are flexible for me to attend their events and supportive of any activity related fundraisers.
The company sends information almost daily on federal changes or system improvements. There is a online university for additional trainings available for all employees.
Pros
Support, education
Cons
cyclical work, advancement limited
Fun days in the office at the front desk
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I loved my job here, I worked at the front desk as learning awesome skills in customer service. I also worked well with Excel and Microsoft.
Great Company to Work for Long Term
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Good people, culture and leadership. Health and Dental Benefits are at the minimal standard required for a company of 3000 plus employees. PTO 2 weeks a year starting.
Pros
Stable, fast growing company.
Cons
Benefits are sub par for company this size and wealth
productive
Sr loan processor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2017
This job was remote from home, so no office environment, my co workers I only know them by pictures and emails but they were very helpful and friendly when it comes to work together
Pros
Working from home, good pay and bonus
Cons
no interaction in person
N/a
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CADecember 13, 2016
The only downfall is we now work Saturdays, full day but it is definitely for the benefit of the customer. We offer a variety of products and services to make Wells Fargo a clients one stop shop from Life Insurance, to car insurance, car financing, mortgage lending, student accounts, minor and teen accounts, child star accounts, regular account, high volume clients and business accounts. Wells Fargo has it all.
good culture, no loyalty
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 29, 2016
The culture of the company is great, but the top management has no loyalty to the branch managers. They will take their positions away when they feel they are growing to large for their own success. Overall good company and culture but not very loyal.
very negative atmosphere
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 16, 2016
I am so sorry to say that management is all involved in petty office stuff and the processing manager was moody, ill natured, negative and deliberately would misrepresent the truth to cause discontent in the office. She has been there since day 1 and If she doesn't like you, your days are definitely numbered. Very unfortunate atmosphere that spreads to the entire office. There is a grey cloud hanging in there. Apparently, their plan was to hire additional loan officers to generate more income but, for some "strange" reason, they could not and there wasn't enough work for all the processors. I was the last one hired and the first one fired.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
one bad apple ruined it
Workng with Loan Officers and Agents to obtain homeownwership for individuals.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 30, 2015
A Family Oriented Work Environment, they understand that business is important, but that nothing is more important than family.
working thewew
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2015
its really boring not a lot to do
not a equal company. it crazy didn't enjoy my time working there mother and daughter work together so it was very uncomfortable
ok place to work if you are entry level or need a pit stop
Correspondent Loan Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 14, 2015
This place had too much office politics. There were a few good people but majority equates to misery loves company. The only great things I have to say about this company is it's in a nice location, close to the freeway, the office manager & CEO are awesome, and you can pretty much come and go as you please as long as you prove you can get your work done. Otherwise, this place is very unorganized, leadership sucks, too much gossip and back stabbing, too much estrogen in one office. With the mortgage industry fluctuating, job security isn't 100%. The market is good right now, but that's right now. Just keep that in mind
Pros
come and go as you please
Cons
office politics/unsurety of job security
Fun place to work at. Management support was very good.
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 11, 2015
Been close to 11 years but job atmosphere was positive and management support was very good. I do not recall having any any issues. The loan officers were experienced and the support from underwriting as well as management was outstanding. The underwriting of loan was considered "common sense" where the loan was not over conditioned.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Do not have any cons
Very Quiet Office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2015
This is a very quiet office. People do not talk to eachother. There is a really nice coffee maker in the kitchen. There is usually candy at the front desk.
Amazing Company
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
Guild Mortgage Company, is an amazing company to work with. There is room for advancement, and management is exceptional.
Jr. Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 13, 2014
Learned from senior management how to fit square pegs into a round hole.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Professionalism