Guild Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

very negative atmosphere
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 16, 2016
I am so sorry to say that management is all involved in petty office stuff and the processing manager was moody, ill natured, negative and deliberately would misrepresent the truth to cause discontent in the office. She has been there since day 1 and If she doesn't like you, your days are definitely numbered. Very unfortunate atmosphere that spreads to the entire office. There is a grey cloud hanging in there. Apparently, their plan was to hire additional loan officers to generate more income but, for some "strange" reason, they could not and there wasn't enough work for all the processors. I was the last one hired and the first one fired.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
one bad apple ruined it
Workng with Loan Officers and Agents to obtain homeownwership for individuals.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 30, 2015
A Family Oriented Work Environment, they understand that business is important, but that nothing is more important than family.
working thewew
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2015
its really boring not a lot to do
not a equal company. it crazy didn't enjoy my time working there mother and daughter work together so it was very uncomfortable
ok place to work if you are entry level or need a pit stop
Correspondent Loan Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 14, 2015
This place had too much office politics. There were a few good people but majority equates to misery loves company. The only great things I have to say about this company is it's in a nice location, close to the freeway, the office manager & CEO are awesome, and you can pretty much come and go as you please as long as you prove you can get your work done. Otherwise, this place is very unorganized, leadership sucks, too much gossip and back stabbing, too much estrogen in one office. With the mortgage industry fluctuating, job security isn't 100%. The market is good right now, but that's right now. Just keep that in mind
Pros
come and go as you please
Cons
office politics/unsurety of job security
Fun place to work at. Management support was very good.
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 11, 2015
Been close to 11 years but job atmosphere was positive and management support was very good. I do not recall having any any issues. The loan officers were experienced and the support from underwriting as well as management was outstanding. The underwriting of loan was considered "common sense" where the loan was not over conditioned.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Do not have any cons
Very Quiet Office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2015
This is a very quiet office. People do not talk to eachother. There is a really nice coffee maker in the kitchen. There is usually candy at the front desk.
Amazing Company
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
Guild Mortgage Company, is an amazing company to work with. There is room for advancement, and management is exceptional.
Jr. Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 13, 2014
Learned from senior management how to fit square pegs into a round hole.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
professionalism
Average
Loan Officer Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2014
Management could be better - Job enviornment is amazing - the people I work with are incredible.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fircrest, WAApril 28, 2014
Arrived first and opened the office. Organized the office as to office supplies, answered phones, greeted customers, ordered out on working loans, Worked with several Loan officers, processors, title companies, underwriters and vendors. Learning the different personalities of different loan officers as each was their own person.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to organize the office and stay one step ahead of the Loan officers.
Pros
challenges, respect, great pay
Cons
no access to loan officers scheleduled appointments, did not know when they were coming to work.
Fun to work there
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 10, 2014
worked 7:30 to 5:30
it was a good job
small office
co-workers nice
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
not enough work
Hard working enviorment with amazing co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria CA 93458March 23, 2014
I learned so many great things working with Guild Mortgage. The branch manager took me, a girl that knew nothing about the mortgage industry, and completely transformed me as a person in the work place and out of the workplace. She gave me a opportunity that know one else would. She taught me how to do multi-tasking like I never thought possible, she trusted me with top producers and clients and she molded me into the best and most hard working women I ever thought possible. When the industry got slow and she had done everything in her power to keep everyone at her branch, corporate unexpectedly sent multiple packages to her. In those packages were severance packages, for me and two other girls. Many tears were shed because we had all become a family and now our family being torn apart. I will forever be thankful for my branch manager who had great expectations for me as well as believing in me.
Good place to wrok
Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I performed desk and field reviews of conventional, FHA and VA appraisals.
Great company to be apart of
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  TacomaJanuary 13, 2014
My experience with Guild Mortgage was one that was very much like a family. We did alot of voulunteering as a team.

I very much enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and being apart of this company.
A happy environment
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 11, 2013
Guild was a great place to work with a family feel to it. Everyone was respectful of each other and we all helped each other achieve success in our positions.
Pros
good environment and management
great co-workers
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 18, 2013
hardest part of job was dealing with demanding loan officers
Pros
health benefits
Cons
not enough trainging
active mortgage company
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagle, IDOctober 12, 2013
Hard work, great team. Guild is a solid company that has been able to with stand the trend and decline in the market.
Pros
able to train and grow staff
Cons
stress level is high
Fun Workplace in an Exciting Industry
Project Approval Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2012
Played key role in the acquisition, submittal and approval of zone 19, company’s $ 1 Billion residential community Carlsbad, CA. Mediated all efforts for approval, including community forums, City/County hearings and plan submittals.
Good company - poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 31, 2012
Great place to meet new friends but that's about it. If you want room to advance within a company, this is not the place for you!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
gossip insurmountable amongst employees as well as management.
Great company vision, from the top down.
Loan Processor/Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTAugust 31, 2012
In my opinion Guild Mortgage Company is the best company in the industry.

2.7