Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

unorganized place
Loan Processor Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2017
worked briefly at guild mortgage not very much training on the system and overall job. nice coworkers, no communication with the manager as she was never there
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun workplace.
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 16, 2017
I loved working here. It was an amazing workplace and all the co-workers were great. Management was excellent and very helpful with anything I needed.
Senior DE Underwriter/203K Trainer Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great Culture, perfect work life balance. Management is always available to help. Flexible with working form home or office. Training staff is ver knowledgeable.
Branch Manager is a Tyrant
Mortgage Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2017
Guild Mortgage is a great company to work for. Great benefits and pay is comparable to most. The branch manager has lost so many employees in recent months due to his screaming, bullying and degrading comments. Anyone going to work there--beware of this man because you too will eventually be a victim of his tyranny.
Pros
Other people in the company, benefits
Cons
Branch Manager
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
The Mortgage business in general is a tough place to hang your hat. The money used to be outstanding, but since around 06' its been hard to survive. The staff and manager there are awesome people.
Pros
People that work there are great.
Cons
Money wasnt stable enough for me
Productive and Fun place to work.
Transaction Coordinator LP2 (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 21, 2017
Busy all day working on loan pipe line.
Management had good communication but didn't offer much employment security.
Culture was professional and fun
Most difficult part of job was knowing which manager was working the same project that was assigned to me.
Pros
Social activities
Cons
Office politics
Good people, but struggles with internal structure
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CAJune 16, 2017
Enjoyed working with Guild very much, even though I was a contractor. It was low pressure, friendly people and a nice atmosphere. The biggest issue was the lack of a knowledge base to do your job properly. Every so often, you were told what you were doing was the wrong way and it must be done differently... which countered what you were told previously. Without having procedures written down, it's hard to follow the correct steps to do your job correctly. This caused stress to the team. This issue was recognized and steps were moving toward fixing this issue. Hopefully it will be taken care of by the time you work there! :)
Pros
Occasional free food and occasional food left-overs from maanger meetings, low stress, good people
Cons
Slightly low pay rate, 6-month temp contract and even you might not be hired on as an employee
Bully
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 3, 2017
One particular boss/ASM in Omaha, NE is a bully. Verbally abusive to the operations team only. Will not reprimanded the sales team because they are the reason he gets paid.
Pros
I loved everyone else within Guild Mortgage. The underwriters, funders, trainers, etc.
Cons
The Omaha boss only cares about his bottom line
Euless Branch was Great
Processing (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMay 8, 2017
it was a team atmosphere ,everyone got along. It was like a little family that worked together. The branch did 90% of builder business so it was very fast past
Pros
great culture
Cons
Nothing to say
Rude
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2017
Very rude and narcissistic. They told me one thing and then would do another. Many changes after being hired. They are alot of clicks and the employees are rude and narcissistic.
Loan processing
LOAN PROCESSOR III (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 1, 2017
I work for a very high producing loan officer. Typical day at work is analyzing credit; income; reviewing appraisals; title, customer service. Daily goal is to make the mortgage process go as smoothly as possible.
acceptable
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 2, 2017
This was a nice place to work. Very close to home and a very fun team of individuals. was involved in diverse loans that made me a very knowlegable processor.
This office was acquired by Guild, in Austin, therefore many issues present
Sr. LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2017
You have a fair amount of flexibility in how you manage your pipeline Timelines are tight and things can get hectic. Too many supervisors/mangers. There can be too many cooks in the kitchen.
Pros
file bonuses are good.
Cons
Austin office is basically a branch and therefore not the best place to be in the company
Good work environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 23, 2017
This job has taught me so much about the mortgage system and allowed me to further my carrier in the Mortgage industry if wanted. The hardest part of the job is rejections, but with the guidance of my employees and supervisors I am now able to easily take rejections and move on
What you learned
Loan Officer Assistan (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 16, 2016
Many products available to the customer base. Small company with room to grow. Room for advancement. Rewards employees with good pay and benefits. Busy.
Not good
Dialer Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 28, 2016
the women gossip and laugh behind closed doors, cliques are formed and alliances of who is on whose side are created. not a professional office. Management poorly handles misconduct in work place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too many to count.
Worst place ive ever work
LO (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 9, 2016
People are rude, and very unprofessional. No room for advancement and training is awful.
I've never worked in a place where people look down on you and make you feel like an outcast. Not a very team oriented company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, very catty and unprofessional
Great first job
Hazard Insurance Specialist/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2016
This was a great first job, it taught me a lot about time management as it did get busy the shifts I worked. We all had to come together and work as a team since there were so many customers. At times the line would be out the door, and wouldn't die down for about three hours. It was hectic but it kept me on my toes and challenged me. The only thing was they were short staffed, so I would have to cover someone's shift every so often or work overtime. I didn't mind because it was summer and I had a lot of free time, but when school came around I couldn't put my job before school.
Pros
A lot of hours, great summer job.
Cons
Didn't work well with school schedule.
Hiring Practices
prospective employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2016
Poor hiring process. Underqualified managers that do even respect applicants enough to return phone calls. I would not recommend to anyone looking for a job.
Super supportive company
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAOctober 10, 2016
If I had a chance to work for Guild Mortgage again I would do it in a heartbeat. This company is all about supporting it's employees and helping them grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.