Guilford County Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult environment to teach kids
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2016
My coworkers are fantastic! They work hard for their students giving their very best each and every day. When you basically only have 15-20% of the students who want to learn and the other 80% or so are allowed to disrupt the classroom with little or no consequences, it does not allow the others to be the very best students they can truly become. As well as teachers being the very best they can be as well.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is simple and not hard at all. I learned a lot from this job with dealing with over 400 students a day. The management could be more organized, but is okay. Some of my co-workers are good people to work with at times. There is no hardest part of my job it is pretty easy. I enjoy working with the students and helping them get the snacks that they enjoy buying each day the Al Carte is open where I work in the cafeteria.
Pros
Free lunch, works with me with leaving a few minutes earlier to get my son off the bus.
Productive Workplace
Teacher 2nd Grade (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
It has been a pleasure working for Guilford County School. They strive to put the students academics first and to meet the needs of all students.
Guilford county schools
Lead indoor and outdoor activities (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
A great place of employment but minimal room to grow. I have a great sense of job security but I need full time work. I enjoy caring fro the children and watching them grow. If you love working with children then Guilford county is the place for you.
Great School system
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2016
I grew up and I received a great quality education in this school system. I believe that this school system is still great, though we lost a great leader in Mo Green.
Pros
Great students and teachers
Cons
Change at the top
Teaching must be your passion
Special Education Case Manager/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCMay 12, 2016
To teach you must love what you do. As we must cater to needs of others more so that our own and we must do so with the smallest pay.
Cons
low income after 10 plus and 40 plus hours per week
Innovative, productive place to work
Mission Possible Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 9, 2016
The Mission Possible department and team has been the greatest place to work with the greatest group of people. This position gave me the opportunity to be innovative with the support I offered teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job was, seeing teachers grow in their instruction and relationships with children. The hardest part of the job was not being able to coach more teachers because of time constraints or lack of human resources.

I learned in this position that highly impacted schools want the same things for their students as affluent schools, but they have to do it with limited resources, which makes it harder and it seems to go slower and cause burn out in teachers sooner.
Pros
Incentive funds for staffs at highly impacted schools
Cons
Limited amount of funds for incentives
Productive and fun
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work and answering phone calls and making sure visitors are greeted in a timely matter and also making sure there is enough staff to cover each class room.
Fun place to work!
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2016
I enjoy working closely with the employees of Guilford County Schools, as well as with the children I am placed with. The various employees are welcoming and friendly, as well as the environment I am placed in. I do feel as though I acclimate well to most places I work in general, but I truly love working with students.
Focused on students education
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2016
Great fast pace work environment dealing with high school students. The job has different levels of responsibility that impacts a team of people.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Two person job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2016
Typical day at work is serving the kids .
I learned to do other jobs within
Great manager
Co-workers respectful and team players
Hardest part of job was some heavy lifty at times.
Most enjoyable part was seeing kids happy to be served great food.
Opportunity for Growth
Youth Development Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 9, 2016
GCS is a very diverse school system, welcoming to newcomers and students are great! GCS is a place where an individual can grow and utilize best practices and receive support from administration at the same time.
Pros
Flexible Faculty and Staff
Cons
Traveling
fabulous work environment for people person
cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2016
blossoming for 8 years as a cashier in this school system helped me to grow mentally and physically while working with professionals and children
Pros
only monday thru friday
Cons
not being able to always feed every child because or their lunch issues
fantastic work experience
Language Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2016
i learned a lot of children with hearing disabilities. my co-workers were some of the most helpful i've ever met. the hardest part of my job was learning how to teach each child individually but the best part was watching each kids progress everyday.
Pros
great learning experience
Great Place to work
Technology Assistant/Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Great Place to work!!! People are wonderful to work with great place for advancement. Great for advancement for educational purposes, i.e. new degrees and certifications.
Excellent School System to work for
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pearce ElementaryFebruary 8, 2016
Guilford County Schools when compared to other counties has an excellent, and well organized special education system. Paperwork is very easy to complete and implement. The system is overall very organized. I always felt that I was treated fairly and had a strong support system from the administration both in the building and upper management levels.
Pros
organized
Cons
multiple meetings
Great impact on students
Instructional Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Instructional Support is challenging but worthwhile. Teaching Assistants can have a tremendous impact on students and teachers if they are directed to work with students primarily and support the classroom teachers with administration and other tasks.
Rewarding-Love working with students
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2015
Assisting students with Special Needs. How to work with several people instructors in the same room. All my managers/supervisors were nice, some didn't know the job, but that was where patience was helpful. Some of my co-workers were a little dramatic, some were hard workers with good work ethics, some were very entertaining, and some were professionals. The hardest part of my job as an assistant was waiting to become highly qualified to teach. The most enjoyable part was to see a child smile, to know that they were making progress and that you were apart of that progress and joy.
Pros
No lesson planning
Cons
The drama from other staff
good place to work
Exceptional Children Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2015
Good work environment \
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
• Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
• Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and instructional technology.
• Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
Needs improvement
8th Grade Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 30, 2015
This school district is too big for it's own good. They are constantly making changes and getting in their own way. The district is so diverse that some policies work great in one school and not in others.