Guilford County Schools Employee Reviews

I loved working with GCS! It is family oriented and staff members try to stay connected.
North Carolina EC Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Carolina/ SternbergerMay 20, 2017
GCS is a great place to be employed. It is hard work but trully rewarding for those who have a true love of children. Making a connection with parents and fellow staff members all with the goal of helping to educate and shape a child's life for the good, is awesome. Put in the good stuff and awesome comes out! Pay could be better but that's everywhere. Think of the children and all will work out.
Pros
Discounts on family theme parks and fun locations.
Cons
Hardly any breaks privately. Lunch with kids. No down time.
Productive learning environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2017
I enjoy working with students and teaching in the classroom, however am looking for a career change to benefit my area of study. I am passionate about helping others and acquiring new skills to promote advancement in a new position.
GCS is always struggling to do more with less.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 15, 2017
While it does have it's rewards, public education is a hard way to make a living. Being a Teacher's Assistant in North Carolina offers absolutely no security. It is a very demanding job that is often unappreciated.
Pros
Working with professionals that appreciate you.
Cons
Classroom management.
Constant Budget cuts
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 15, 2017
No job Security. Budget cuts take place every year. You will never know if your job will be available during the following year. For classified employees, the salary isn't enough to live on
Compensations should be better
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 8, 2017
Great work but the pay should be better. Typical day includes helping the front office and providing bookkeeping for the school's budget under the principal's direction.
great school system
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 7, 2017
Good school system, qualified, dedicated teachers, great parental support and administrative support. Additional training encouraged and room for advancement.
Great
Biology Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at guilford county schools and if not for my circumstances at the time I would have remained. The kids were great and eager to learn
Great people to collaborate with.
Personalized Learning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2017
GUilford County Schools has wonderful teachers and district level employees that are willing to collaborate to create engaging and effective curriculum for all students.
Great Place to work
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 20, 2017
An amazing job that I have as an educator! I truly enjoy what I do for the educational and socialization of my students. Networking with great colleagues, administration and parent.
Productive and energetic environment
ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2017
Productive and energetic work environment. This position requires one to commute to about 16 schools a week delivering instruction to students during physical education.
Productive workplace and great opportunity to help others
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2017
I enjoy the positive greetings in the morning from staff, students, and parents. In the morning I have car rider duty letting the children out of the cars and I learned to stay enthusiastic so that the children would have a positive start to their day and be ready to learn. I conduct reading lessons in my classes with the students in small groups and enjoy monitoring their progress and helping them improve their fluency. The most challenging part of the job is keeping some students motivated and focused, and also keeping certain behaviors such as talking under control. I enjoy building relationships with my students and helping them learn. I also love when they give positive feedback.
Pros
Great coworkers, fun activity planning
Cons
Budget cuts
Fun atmosphere
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Colfax, NCApril 6, 2017
Loved working there!. Very fun atmosphere. Very flexible with doctors apt etc. loved the employees. Loved the family's I was able to work with. Established life long relationships.
Student
Director, Student Intervention (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 4, 2017
Great place to learn and develop. Princeton University ensures that all faculty and staff are taught the "Princeton Way" and ensure that each individual is successful. They offer profession and personal training.
Productive place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2017
Guilford County Schools is a great place to work. You are able to learn, grow and learn new things. The most enjoyable part about the job are the students.
great community
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 24, 2017
wonderful community of staff, teachers, parents and administration. Administration has changed over the past few years raising some internal issues. Be assured the staff of educators have nothing but the best intentions and are more than qualified to ensure a quality education for each student.
Wonderful place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27405March 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Guilford County Schools. They are well organized and show appreciation for their staff. I wanted to advance in my career is why I left Guilford County Schools. I worked with special needs children while I was employed. I was able to take my learning experiences with me .
New Program in Guilford County-Growing Pains
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 9, 2017
With the new program, Building Futures, in Guilford County this year there is a lot of assessing on what works and does not work for our students. On a typical day, any student can have a behavioral issue(s) and it could lead to distracting other students. With my position, deescalation and processing is very important, while staying consistent with our evolving behavior level system. Our workplace culture is very focused on teamwork and supporting each other. Being able to adapt to various scenarios is key and that is one trait I pride myself in but also still working on.
Pros
Healthcare, work hours
Large school district.
Treasurer/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2017
Guilford Co. Schools district is very large and you can feel a bit lost if you don't have good support at your school. Smaller schools feel more like family. They have a new superintendent and I don't know if the situation for employees is going through any changes.
Diverse Science Classroom
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Diverse science classroom with diverse student learners! Cutting edge technology meets science knowlege! The most enjoyable part of the job--watching students learn science!
Supportive place to work.
Curriculum Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Team spirit and cooperation was evidenced on a daily basis. Working with students was rewarding. Freedom in planning and purchasing teaching materials pleased teachers. Giving support and encouragement to teachers and students gave a lot of satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible job duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guilford County Schools. Our community is ready to answer.