Publication or Company Guilford Press
Industry Book Publishing
Benefits 401K, Dental, Health
Job Duration Full Time
Job Location New York, NY USA
Guilford is seeking a full-time Marketing Assistant with a minimum of two years’ experience in book publishing. The marketing department at Guilford is fast-paced, productive, and highly invested in the quality of our work—and we are looking for a talented marketing professional to join our team.
The Marketing Assistant has a hands-on role in the department which includes:
- Communicating with acquisition editors and authors to secure pre-publication endorsements from prominent professionals.
- Acting as academic liaison: sending out letters, emails, and books to professors and engaging in follow-up and reporting.
- Working with our Senior Copywriter to create new title announcements.
- Regular updating of our database, including making copy changes and entering information.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational skills; impeccable attention to detail; excellent writing skills; and a team-player attitude. The position requires the ability to proofread, edit, and coordinate a multitude of tasks with accuracy and promptness. The ability to meet important deadlines is a must.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs is required. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential. A college degree is preferred. Exhibit and conference travel is also required.
About Our Company
Guilford Press is an independent academic/scholarly press located in SoHo, NYC. We publish outstanding titles in psychology, education, geography and related fields. We are a very productive company with high standards in a collaborative environment. For more information about Guilford, please visit our website at www.guilford.com.
Candidates should send their resume with a well-written cover letter, including both salary history and requirement, to the attention of Andrea Lansing at resume@ guilford.com. Please note that resumes received without cover letters will not be considered. No calls, no snail mail, faxes, no agencies please.