Guilford Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Teacher
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCSeptember 7, 2017
This job was very fun. The hours were 8am until 1pm. Management was fair. The work culture was fair. The hardest part of the job was understanding some of the students due to their disability.
Nice place to work depending on your specific area of responsibility.
Administrative Assistant, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoy working with others, while extending great customer service in the HR office. One has to adapt to the various aspects of the culture and understand how the College operates; the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the faculty, staff, students, and working with the community.
Pros
People you work with; some perks
Cons
Not alot of options for advancement.
Very Less working hours and No benefits.
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 7, 2017
I work 4 hours per work for GTCC. This is nothing. If you have a full time job, and you want to earn little money with little amount of effort. GTCC is your place. I am making $320 per month. If you are teaching on campus, then maximum you can make $960 per month.
Pros
Balanced environment.
Cons
Very Less working hours. No benefits.
Love g.T.C.C
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 24, 2017
Took classes to obtain my Early Childhood credentials and was offered a job as a Substitute teacher. Great job wonderful boss and the experience was awesome.
You are helping others
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 18, 2017
Part time instructor for adult education is a great way for you to stay involved in education while helping others. It allows you to share not only knowledge, but life experiences with your students. Helping your students learn new skills or to polish and improve their skills base is rewarding.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCJuly 5, 2017
Great job opportunity for college students seeking training and experience in a educational environment. Excellent work opportunities provided for federal work study student aides.
Pros
Able to go to school and work
Cons
Pay rate at the time
Nice Employer
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCJune 28, 2017
The position I was in was a work study. It wasn't a permanent position. The job itself was ok. very easy to do. The people were very nice and easily to get alone with.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No benefits
Great atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCJune 13, 2017
Never a dull day. The faculty, staff, and students are wonderful to work with. You will find that many students will often return to see, and talk to you even after they have graduated. It is always nice to see them when they come back, and it's even better when they are doing good things in their lives.
Beware of which department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCJune 1, 2017
I worked at GTCC overall its a good company to work for, but beware of the department you apply for. People in certain area like cosmetology are very petty and childish. They don't give you much direction, and expect you to be a mind reader.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Childish work environment
Great school
(RN) classroom and clinical training (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMay 24, 2017
Great school to be a part of, I love the nursing students and my passion is teaching the students how to be the best possible nurses they can be when they leave the college.
Computer Technology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMay 12, 2017
no I am not comfortable doing this this makes me terribly uncomfortable despite the fact that you say it is anonymous nothing is on the internet and using your service should not be contingent upon this
Rise above
Department Chair/Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMarch 31, 2017
I would describe GTCC as a wonderful place to work as long as you are prepared to take every opportunity to evolve and grow as a professional. GTCC allowed me to grow my management skills while providing me with additional resource along the way.
Learning Environment
Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for GTCC. I was able to teach adults how to do how to enhance their reading and writing skills. Friendly environment and great staff.
GTCC is a great institiution to work for
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NC; Greensboro, NC; High Point, NCJanuary 18, 2017
GTCC is a great institution to work for as I have gained experience as it relates to the way they apply technology to their functions and processes as they relate to project management.

The hardest part of the job is there volume/number of units that need to be maintained and the lack of workforce that is provided to meet the demands of the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am able to assist in the completion of individual job functions by providing the technology they need in order to do so in a timely and effective manor.
fun and informative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 31, 2016
this is the best place to go to school and to work, I loved every minute of it, the teachers are great and management is wonderful
Pros
flex time and work
Cons
money
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company that valued it's employees and sought to create an environment. It feels like family here where you will receive support to do your job and be great at it.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Excellent educational institution with staff of true professionals dedicated to their work. Highly effective faculty, staff and administrators.
Executive Director of Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  601 East Main Street Jamestown, NC 27282August 24, 2016
This is a wonderful institution serving the students of the Triad Area with transferable knowledge and workforce skills with excellence. There is a highly committed faculty, staff and administrators.
Pros
The mission
Cons
Salary increases limited by the State of NC
Fun workplace. Gain a lot of experience
Financial Aid Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCAugust 22, 2016
Since it is a Workstudy position you are able to learn a bunch of skills that you can utilize later on in life for real world application. The hours were flexible semester to semester depending on the class schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule for classes and exams
Cons
difficult students
no comment
Assistant Director for Student Life (promotion) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMay 27, 2016
I prefer not to comment. I do not believe in bashing a school. I enjoyed the students but I needed to find a better work environment for me.
Very informative job to help those in need
Computer lab Tech Helper (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMay 21, 2016
My experience as work study have been great for these two years helping with the computer laboratory. A typical day on the job included helping students dealing with difficulties on their computers, register for class, and technical problems. I have learned how to deal with various issues dealing with computers such as using Microsoft Office, learning how to solve computer issues including internet problems. My supervisors were great caring individuals who has really made a positive impact on my life. I also had a great relationship with my co-workers, and have never went through a major issue with them. The hardest part of working was dealing with the attitudes of students who made the atmosphere unpleasant at times. The most enjoyable part of working at the lab was helping others when they need it most along with getting to know fellow individuals personally.
Pros
Very flexible schedules, caring environment, pleasant workplace