GULF BEND CENTER Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Upper Management Messy
Learning & Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 6, 2017
HR and upper management unprofessional, biased and discriminatory. Lots of back stabbing and manipulative behavior by many of the overpaid top managers.

Hypocrisy rules at GBC - upper manager behaviors include saying one thing and doing another. No collaboration or transparency very dictatorial. If you complain you are terminated so staff is always in fear.
Pros
hours
Cons
environment
Other employees
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for Gulf Bend, it is a great place to work, and some employees are truely enjoyable. But I will say the company makes frequent changes with little preperation time. Upper management is defintely biased and I believe shady. My last (and still currently there) inexperienced nurse supervisor was unprofessional, not very understanding, not easy to get along with, and to mention not helpful when nurses would ask for her help... as my two previous supervisors were. There was a power trip
Pros
Benefits, doctors and other employees
Cons
Pay, Nurse supervisor, upper management
Self-responsibility / Ownership
GBC Advocate (Current Employee) –  Gulf Bend Regional PlazaSeptember 28, 2015
GBC is transitioning employees, teams, to an integrated approach mental health and intellectually developmental disabled care and business model. It was long overdue.

More advance technology is evolving and increasing the availability and accountability of GBC services. Changes at first were difficult. It was difficult-to remove "imprints" of past challenges, but the structure, culture, and routines are changing. Co-workers are less resistant to change as a sense a ownership and accountability has emerged.

Modern organizational change has largely motivated our internal moves and we are adapting quicker. Those who have refused to change are left behind (sadly) and those who did adapt are witnessing self-responsibility for our success and failures.

This impact was felt at every level employee to senior management.
Pros
Benefits, Working with Compationate people, Empowerment for work responsibilities.
Cons
Stigma of people with mental health issues, funding and lack of resources to serve those in need.
Good management team
Mental Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXJune 5, 2014
great job great people to work with
learn about different illness
worked alone on my sift
hardest part of the job was meds in take for clients
stressful
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 25, 2014
I do enjoy some of the clients we serve; but the families can be difficult at times. My immediate supervisor is very helpful and I enjoy working with my partner in the Care Coordination sector. There is a hand full that truly seem to want you to succeed the others only care about them selves. I am use to working as a team and having each others back to complete the task at hand. The hardest part of the job is not be able to help everyone; the most enjoyable part is seeing the clients smile when they are having a good day.
Pros
work mostly alone and flex hours
Cons
very low pay!
Great place to work.
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 24, 2014
Everyone treats you like family. This is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GULF BEND CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

GULF BEND CENTER Reviews by Location