Gulf Coast Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

It was an awesome hospital
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 14, 2015
Great place to work for unfortunately they closed down. The people were friendly, very professional. Good benefits and very easy to talk to management.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
It closed down
It's a very fast pace medical center.
Radiologic Technologist and Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLFebruary 14, 2015
My daily routine: drug screening, PFT, nebulizer, called in Rx to pharmacy, get patient history, wound care, injections, manual blood pleasure, x-ray, Pt/INR, check glucose level, HCG test, prepare for Pap smear.
Pros
local
Cons
no holiday pay, benefits.
High paced with a variety of services
Medical assistant/pharmacy tech (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLNovember 3, 2012
Arriving to work is usually the first challenge of a typical day with regards to knowing which of the multiple buildings to report to and the constantly changing start times. Once there, things run at a fast pace with a good team of co-workers helping to triage patients along with entering information into the EMR system. It is always very difficult to take issues or concerns to management due to lack of communication between management and employees. Many different services offer many different learning opportunities which in turn gains employees valuable information to carry along. The amiability between like positions is a great attribute where as the lack of with management is quite disconcerting.
Pros
the nursing staff work well as a unit to keep the patient flow and doctor on time.
Cons
changing schedules, lack of management, poor benefits, and no vacation time or paid holidays.
Awesome doctor and owner
Head Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 6, 2015
The three days I worked a week were awesome. The patients were friendly, the doctor was very knowledgeable of what was wrong with the patients and knew how to treat them. The owner was one of the best bosses I've ever worked for. He treated me with respect and never looked down on anyone.
case manager
case manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 1, 2015
Great team of case managers but we are micromanaged. Director lacks leadership and communication skills. Job consists of doing insurance reviews and discharge planning. Work load is heavy.
Pros
great colleages
Cons
no breaks excepts a short lunch, micromanaged
unsafe facility w the main concern being budget
nurse, staff pool (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 30, 2012
short staffing a normal. Do more with less daily. Budget the biggest concern. Patient safety questionable. Benefits lacking. No loyalty to staff. Family life becomes few and far between. Administration caters to patients with money and social status.
Management not receptive to staff concerns. Pay average with raises nonexistent.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
lunches short and breaks dont exsist
Over all review
Insurance Biller/Follow-up (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MsSeptember 15, 2012
My employment at Gulf Coast was a good and positive work experience. The staff and employees was very friendly. And always took the time to assist you, if needed. Gulf Coast also offered great benefits and provided activities to promote employee moral.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday.
Cons
evaluation raise should be higher
Productive & Beneficial place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Panama City, Fl.February 1, 2012
I was employed by this company & not only was I an employee but I was part of the family there. The pay was great along with benefits. And the most important thing about this place was I always looked forward to going to work there, they make you feel good about the job your doing.
Pros
benefits, discounted meals, non smoking campus
Cons
having to weed out the bad seeds
Not a Good place to work to provide for your family.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Job is very unstable. Work hours are always being cut from 20 to 25 hours a week. You are hired on as PRN so you never get any of the benefits.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
no benefits, little pay
Great workplace.
Assistant Director of IT / Government Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TexasJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working for GCMC it was my second family. I worked there for 28 yrs. I looked forward to the daily routines of running reports, balancing systems and data entry into the systems. My co workers were like family. I enjoyed everything about my job except when our network went down or we had internet issues.
Pros
montly birthday lunches with the ceo
Cons
hospital week, employee of the month and healthcare
Clean rooms all day
PRN Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2015
Sanitinze patient rooms
Clean nurses station
Change customer bed
Clean beds
Mop floors
Assist patient with needs
Offer patient if they need something
Great learning experience
Preceptorship/Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 24, 2014
This is where I done preceptorship my last semester of nursing school. The ER staff was amazing and was very kind and willing to teach me how to do the skills I needed to learn. The best thing I liked about it was the fast pace of the ER and it was during spring break so we had a lot of patients come through the ER.
I also precepted in the Labor and Delivery department. The staff welcomed me with open arms and taught me so much about this area of nursing. My favorite part of this experience was how close all the staff was and well everyone worked together as a team. I learned more during this preceptorship than I ever imagined.
"Growing Facility"
PMHNP-BC, Clinical Program Manger and DON (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TxDecember 17, 2014
A typical work day involves constantly moving, which helps the day go faster. I have learned administrative responsibilities, which as a clinician I had no experience in. Great co-workers that are eager to learn. The hardiest aspect of the job is wearing 3 hats. Most enjoyable part is being able to see my patients and watching them reach to the best of their abilities.
Pros
being able to get most surgiries done in-house that is covered a 100% by the hospital
Cons
not being able to work overtime if necessary
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a very enjoable workplace.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2013
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a wonderful hospital. Top 100 in the area. Their facility works as a whole. Starting with the Physicians down to the valet parking. There is not one person at that hospital that doesn't have a great attitude knowing and living our core values. I have learned a lot at this job, considering I came from a retail background. A in house facility is very different compared to assisting the public. we have the best team of pharmacists, technicians, clinical pharmacists, and management. I think that the hardest part of the job is the emergency orders(stat) that come from the ER. Handling them is very enjoyable and gratifying.
Pros
working with a great team and ensuring that patients get better
Cons
knowing some patients are terminal
Sucks
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Ft MyersDecember 26, 2013
Moved from another state to accept FT nursing position in ICU. Fired when season was over and patient population dropped. Lee Memorial has a monopoly on hospitals in Lee County, all but one are owned by LMH. If you're terminated from one, you have no options. The ICU at GCMC is HUUUUGE. 32 beds in 3 sections. They have a high patient turnover and you never have the same patient twice for a full shift. Constant admit and transfer. No continuity of care. Insurance companies dictate all care. So if you have little or no insurance, you don't get the same care as the snowbird next door.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Saving lives one patient at a time.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 25, 2012
At the start of my day I will review my cases and make sure I have all supplies and equipment up and functioning. Check my rooms to make sure they are clean and free of blood and bodily fluids. Check with management to make sure there aren't any special task that I need to complete for that day. Assist my co-workers if help is needed. As a surgical tech there are times when the schedule may become hectic and it always subject to change. Being able to adapt being and experienced in all specialties allows me to handle change with ease.
Very nice outdoor open attatchment for the lunch area
Referrals & Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Busy medical care walk-in clinic
Pleasant coworkers
Enjoyed translating for Spanish speaking patients
Pros
occassional free lunches
Cons
not enough rest rooms for amount of employees in the facility
great small community hospital
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXJanuary 29, 2015
typical day-med surg, icu, er. this hospital is also a teaching hospital and I had the opportunity to have several nursing students pass through.
productive work days with a great family atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Panama city FloridaFebruary 3, 2013
I worked as a server for Locos for eight years. I learned how to accept a variety of the public and enjoyed my customer relations I was able to help my manager with paperwork as well as scheduling. I loved all my coworkers and had a second family at my work place. The hardest part of the job was not making enough money at times but for the most I was able to make more than expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working together as a team.
Pros
great work enviornment, great employers
Cons
healthcare, public relations, great atmosphere
LMHS is always pushing for the best patient care and being on the forefront of medical education.
Unit Coordinator - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2012
I love my job. I actually look forward to going into work, which isn't something that a lot of people can say. A typical day is spent entering and interpreting orders, helping medical staff and management stay in sync with each other and helping my co-workers maintain a safe patient environment.