Gulf Coast Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXMarch 15, 2016
Managed administrative details of the office. Maintained the staff records, including monitoring the expiration of Medical Staff Licensing. Payroll preparation. Monitored nurse to patient requirements. Maintained medical supply levels. Maintained Policy and Procedure requirement.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great co-workers.
Cons
Frequent ownership/management turn around. Inconsistent management.
It was an awesome hospital
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 14, 2015
Great place to work for unfortunately they closed down. The people were friendly, very professional. Good benefits and very easy to talk to management.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
It closed down
Awesome doctor and owner
Head Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 6, 2015
The three days I worked a week were awesome. The patients were friendly, the doctor was very knowledgeable of what was wrong with the patients and knew how to treat them. The owner was one of the best bosses I've ever worked for. He treated me with respect and never looked down on anyone.
case manager
case manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 1, 2015
Great team of case managers but we are micromanaged. Director lacks leadership and communication skills. Job consists of doing insurance reviews and discharge planning. Work load is heavy.
Pros
great colleages
Cons
no breaks excepts a short lunch, micromanaged
Clean rooms all day
PRN Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2015
Sanitinze patient rooms
Clean nurses station
Change customer bed
Clean beds
Mop floors
Assist patient with needs
Offer patient if they need something
It's a very fast pace medical center.
Radiologic Technologist and Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLFebruary 14, 2015
My daily routine: drug screening, PFT, nebulizer, called in Rx to pharmacy, get patient history, wound care, injections, manual blood pleasure, x-ray, Pt/INR, check glucose level, HCG test, prepare for Pap smear.
Pros
local
Cons
no holiday pay, benefits.
great small community hospital
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXJanuary 29, 2015
typical day-med surg, icu, er. this hospital is also a teaching hospital and I had the opportunity to have several nursing students pass through.
Great workplace.
Assistant Director of IT / Government Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TexasJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working for GCMC it was my second family. I worked there for 28 yrs. I looked forward to the daily routines of running reports, balancing systems and data entry into the systems. My co workers were like family. I enjoyed everything about my job except when our network went down or we had internet issues.
Pros
montly birthday lunches with the ceo
Cons
hospital week, employee of the month and healthcare
Very nice outdoor open attatchment for the lunch area
Referrals & Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Busy medical care walk-in clinic
Pleasant coworkers
Enjoyed translating for Spanish speaking patients
Pros
occassional free lunches
Cons
not enough rest rooms for amount of employees in the facility
"Growing Facility"
PMHNP-BC, Clinical Program Manger and DON (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TxDecember 17, 2014
A typical work day involves constantly moving, which helps the day go faster. I have learned administrative responsibilities, which as a clinician I had no experience in. Great co-workers that are eager to learn. The hardiest aspect of the job is wearing 3 hats. Most enjoyable part is being able to see my patients and watching them reach to the best of their abilities.
Pros
being able to get most surgiries done in-house that is covered a 100% by the hospital
Cons
not being able to work overtime if necessary
Great learning experience
Preceptorship/Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 24, 2014
This is where I done preceptorship my last semester of nursing school. The ER staff was amazing and was very kind and willing to teach me how to do the skills I needed to learn. The best thing I liked about it was the fast pace of the ER and it was during spring break so we had a lot of patients come through the ER.
I also precepted in the Labor and Delivery department. The staff welcomed me with open arms and taught me so much about this area of nursing. My favorite part of this experience was how close all the staff was and well everyone worked together as a team. I learned more during this preceptorship than I ever imagined.
ok place to work for
CRT (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 27, 2014
pay on low end of scale, organized, ok to work for, great coworkers, collaborate as a team
A nice place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 26, 2014
Great people, caring environment. Great about working around your schedule.
Oftensloe but very busy at times
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2014
I received experience in a hospital pharmacy, assisting nureses in taking care of their patients.
a caring atmosphere
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXApril 25, 2014
Everyone worked together for the best outcome for the patients.
Great group of co-workers
Laboratory/Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 25, 2014
The staff was great. We had a fun time and everyone is friendly.
Staffing is a problem area. They really need to allow departments to staff appropriately for the workload. This would help retain employees and save a lot of money in training.
Pros
co-workers, lab director, very friendly staff.
Cons
staffing shortages.
N/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXMarch 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at the hospital. I learned so many new things. The entire staff were amazing.
Not a Good place to work to provide for your family.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Job is very unstable. Work hours are always being cut from 20 to 25 hours a week. You are hired on as PRN so you never get any of the benefits.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
no benefits, little pay
exceptional patient care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 8, 2014
being the best nurse you can be every day! going the extra mile to make a difference!
Sucks
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Ft MyersDecember 26, 2013
Moved from another state to accept FT nursing position in ICU. Fired when season was over and patient population dropped. Lee Memorial has a monopoly on hospitals in Lee County, all but one are owned by LMH. If you're terminated from one, you have no options. The ICU at GCMC is HUUUUGE. 32 beds in 3 sections. They have a high patient turnover and you never have the same patient twice for a full shift. Constant admit and transfer. No continuity of care. Insurance companies dictate all care. So if you have little or no insurance, you don't get the same care as the snowbird next door.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf Coast Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gulf Coast Medical Center Reviews by Location