Gulf Coast Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
EKG tech (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 9, 2017
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. The supervisors and managers are very nice and friendly. They care about their staff and their patients. Patient care is amazing. The staff is well trained. The hospital is clean and the equipment is up to date.
A typical day at work
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 21, 2017
A typical day at work involved admitting patients in labor, triaging patients, and circulating in c-sections. It is very fast-paced and you are expected to quickly turnover patients to admit new patients.
well rounded
Full Time Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2017
worked as a travel nurse. was hired for the CPCU unit. although I did orientation on unit but then I ended up working on the overflow unit (gen. med/surg). not what I signed up for at a traveler but at least everyone that I worked with was nice
hosptial
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2017
This is a great place to work, the people you work with are great and the company itself is very helpful to help accommodate you in any way that they can.
Fast paced, work as a team (usually
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2017
Some of the nurses are tough to work with but most are fair We definitely don't get paid for what we are worth. No room for advancement but that is because I don't care to peruse them
Pros
some times free meals
Cons
some time no time for a break
What I learned.
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a for profit hospital. During my employment there I encountered times at the end of the month where to meet budget there were some supplies not available to meet the demands of patient care.
Easy, good atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 2, 2017
cardiac patients. Staff was helpful, considerate. The hardest part of the job was managing a large team of patients on some days. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients improve rapidly.
Pros
Friendly, supportive staff
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth
Not much room for advancement
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Basic lab job including Hematology, Chemistry, and Blood Bank. It's normally laid back except for the Snow Bird season where the workload increases. The lab director is absolutely fantastic however the manager isn't. The hardest part of the job would be when I first arrive at work and realize that i have 8/12 hours left until I can leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to leave. For some reason Gulf Coast Medical Center cannot keep a fully staffed lab which causes stress on the current staff.
Pros
Lab Director
Cons
Everything else
Good people to work with
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I liked working here, but the pay was very low. This is where I learned how to schedule surgeries. Management didn't know how or what to do to schedule surgeries. I was sent to classes to learn the medical terminology. I also enjoyed working with the Dr's and their staff here. I had a great relationship with my co-workers. We all worked together so our office ran smoothly.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Low pay.
Work Enviroment
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 31, 2017
Coworkers were great. Always willing to help. Productive team. Steady hours. Able to grow, move to different departments. Learn new skills. Compassionate
Great staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 20, 2017
Great opportunity for Cna and encourages you to be a nurse. I can draw blood, straight cath and do blood sugars.I am very skilled as a CNA advance. They pay to further you education also.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Long days
It was a nice place to work before close down
Certified Nursing Assistant Duties (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39531August 8, 2017
Hours per week: 40 Home Heath Provider Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: My main role was to provide basic care to my patient, as well as to assist her with the daily basic activities that she had trouble performing alone such as bathing. My responsibilities included taking her vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature. Dispensing of medication according to the daily scheduled.
Great Work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 31, 2017
For my first real job this was a great experience for me to learn about the health field being that that's what I'm looking to go into after school. I've learned about different diseases and how to clean them. How to wear PPE and work with patients.
Christmas parties or Turkey for Holidays.
Front Desk/Diagnostic Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FL 34668July 11, 2017
Working for Gulf Coast was a really nice place to work and to learn a great deal about the medical feild. My only real complaint would be the owners not observing the flow of the company themselves and depending on and believing the Admid on employee performance. I only recieved one raise in all the time I worked there and when I put in my notice only then was a raise offered.
Pros
Learning about the medical profession, the Staff, the patients, etc.
Cons
The Administration.
Overall, good place to work.
Staff RN - Neuro ICU (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJune 27, 2017
Quick patient turnover in the ICU. Very fast-paced. Supportive team members. At times, under-staffed for patient loads. Immediate supervisor/Director very supportive.
To soon for trauma training
Emergency Medical Registered Nurse internship (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJune 20, 2017
Wish they had a internship program to let you introduce yourself into the level two trauma. Preceptors and a lot of work plus taking trauma patients. Large facility and patient were not happy do to the lack of car
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
short breaks
stressful at times
Circulator R.N. (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 16, 2017
I prefer to be in a particular service, and I was given the opportunity to have that. I enjoyed the surgeons, and I was unhappy with the housekeeping staff
Pros
not much
Cons
occasional no break, left to work over without notice, often had to turnover own room., unfair call schedule.
Gabriel Cullens
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 25, 2017
Gulf Coast Medical Center has truly been beneficial to my growth in the medical field on multiple occasions by creating a foundation for me to become persistent in my daily periodic responsibilities. Its very Challenging and quiet often competitive, yet it has offered me the ability to mature, and become dedicated to any profession, which has come a relation to that which i seek to pursue in my future career as a surgeon.
Very good experience gained
RN Post Anesthesia Care Inpatient (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2017
Typical day includes responsibility for total care of patients received from the operating room. I ensured patients fully recovered from anesthesia and addressed any problems that arose
Pros
Good pay, Good experience
Cons
Benefits, hours required to work
Workplace
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 16, 2017
GCRMC is an amazing place to work. Great staff, patients, and administration support. I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking for a job. Flexible work hours.