Gulf Coast Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great People, horrible owner
Director of Quality Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXDecember 20, 2016
Typical work day: BUSY
Learned to: Multitask
Management: Great
Co-Workers: Awesome
Hardest part: The OWNERS
Most enjoyable part: Administration
Paid well for the area that I live
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 4, 2016
I was paid well for my job responsibilities and the benefits that i had with this job were the best benefit packages that i have ever seen. If the store in panama City had not closed, i would probably still be working with the company.
I worked with some of the best nurses I have ever seen.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 26, 2016
Since I left Gulf Coast Hospital, there has been a total new management crew hired. From the CEO, CFO, CNO on down it has all changed. I hope that the hospital has benefitted from those changes.
Pros
Great nurses to work with.
Cons
Not enough support staff. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Good people to work with/for
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Transcribed dictation incoming. Handled surgical data for floors/charting processes, as well as Surgery Department.
Pros
Loved the group I worked with and Department Manager
Cons
Transcription Dept. was closed
A learning experience
Sterile Technologist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 19, 2016
GCMC was my first exposure to the medical field. After working at GCMC I knew that I had what it took to work in the medical field. I learned about surgery and the sterilization process of instruments.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Under the guidance of the RN, I was exposed to the world of pediatric and maternity nursing. Providing excellent patient care and proper documentation.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXMarch 15, 2016
Managed administrative details of the office. Maintained the staff records, including monitoring the expiration of Medical Staff Licensing. Payroll preparation. Monitored nurse to patient requirements. Maintained medical supply levels. Maintained Policy and Procedure requirement.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great co-workers.
Cons
Frequent ownership/management turn around. Inconsistent management.
good
Currently volunteering (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33912September 10, 2016
Had an amazing time volunteering there. It is very welcoming and peaceful. All the staff is vert nice. I would recommend other people to work here
It was an awesome hospital
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 14, 2015
Great place to work for unfortunately they closed down. The people were friendly, very professional. Good benefits and very easy to talk to management.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
It closed down
unsafe facility w the main concern being budget
nurse, staff pool (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 30, 2012
short staffing a normal. Do more with less daily. Budget the biggest concern. Patient safety questionable. Benefits lacking. No loyalty to staff. Family life becomes few and far between. Administration caters to patients with money and social status.
Management not receptive to staff concerns. Pay average with raises nonexistent.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
lunches short and breaks dont exsist

Want to know more about Gulf Coast Medical Center?

Ask a question
High paced with a variety of services
Medical assistant/pharmacy tech (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLNovember 3, 2012
Arriving to work is usually the first challenge of a typical day with regards to knowing which of the multiple buildings to report to and the constantly changing start times. Once there, things run at a fast pace with a good team of co-workers helping to triage patients along with entering information into the EMR system. It is always very difficult to take issues or concerns to management due to lack of communication between management and employees. Many different services offer many different learning opportunities which in turn gains employees valuable information to carry along. The amiability between like positions is a great attribute where as the lack of with management is quite disconcerting.
Pros
the nursing staff work well as a unit to keep the patient flow and doctor on time.
Cons
changing schedules, lack of management, poor benefits, and no vacation time or paid holidays.
Over all review
Insurance Biller/Follow-up (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MsSeptember 15, 2012
My employment at Gulf Coast was a good and positive work experience. The staff and employees was very friendly. And always took the time to assist you, if needed. Gulf Coast also offered great benefits and provided activities to promote employee moral.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday.
Cons
evaluation raise should be higher
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a very enjoable workplace.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2013
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a wonderful hospital. Top 100 in the area. Their facility works as a whole. Starting with the Physicians down to the valet parking. There is not one person at that hospital that doesn't have a great attitude knowing and living our core values. I have learned a lot at this job, considering I came from a retail background. A in house facility is very different compared to assisting the public. we have the best team of pharmacists, technicians, clinical pharmacists, and management. I think that the hardest part of the job is the emergency orders(stat) that come from the ER. Handling them is very enjoyable and gratifying.
Pros
working with a great team and ensuring that patients get better
Cons
Knowing some patients are terminal
Sucks
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Ft MyersDecember 26, 2013
Moved from another state to accept FT nursing position in ICU. Fired when season was over and patient population dropped. Lee Memorial has a monopoly on hospitals in Lee County, all but one are owned by LMH. If you're terminated from one, you have no options. The ICU at GCMC is HUUUUGE. 32 beds in 3 sections. They have a high patient turnover and you never have the same patient twice for a full shift. Constant admit and transfer. No continuity of care. Insurance companies dictate all care. So if you have little or no insurance, you don't get the same care as the snowbird next door.
Cons
Saving lives one patient at a time.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 25, 2012
At the start of my day I will review my cases and make sure I have all supplies and equipment up and functioning. Check my rooms to make sure they are clean and free of blood and bodily fluids. Check with management to make sure there aren't any special task that I need to complete for that day. Assist my co-workers if help is needed. As a surgical tech there are times when the schedule may become hectic and it always subject to change. Being able to adapt being and experienced in all specialties allows me to handle change with ease.
Great workplace.
Assistant Director of IT / Government Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TexasJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working for GCMC it was my second family. I worked there for 28 yrs. I looked forward to the daily routines of running reports, balancing systems and data entry into the systems. My co workers were like family. I enjoyed everything about my job except when our network went down or we had internet issues.
Pros
Montly birthday lunches with the CEO
Cons
Hospital week, employee of the month and healthcare
LMHS is always pushing for the best patient care and being on the forefront of medical education.
Unit Coordinator - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2012
I love my job. I actually look forward to going into work, which isn't something that a lot of people can say. A typical day is spent entering and interpreting orders, helping medical staff and management stay in sync with each other and helping my co-workers maintain a safe patient environment.
Productive and fun workplace with good people
Registered Nurse ER / ER Admit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 3, 2013
everyday is an experience to learn as the people around you are always willing to help and teach. management isnt high and mighty but eye to eye willing to work shoulder to shoulder. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the patients the ones that refuse to learn and the ones accept the help and learn a little more about themselves.
Productive & Beneficial place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Panama City, Fl.February 1, 2012
I was employed by this company & not only was I an employee but I was part of the family there. The pay was great along with benefits. And the most important thing about this place was I always looked forward to going to work there, they make you feel good about the job your doing.
Pros
benefits, discounted meals, non smoking campus
Cons
having to weed out the bad seeds
Positive work environment
Radiologic Technologist, Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2013
Working at GCMC was a great experience. I learned so much and got to work with great techs! The hardest part of the job was seeing my patients suffer. The most enjoyable part of working at GCMC was the strong learning environment and positive co-workers.
Pros
digital xray equipment, helpful co-workers, wide variety of patients
Cons
competitive hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf Coast Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gulf Coast Medical Center Reviews by Location