Gulf Coast Medical Center

Gulf Coast Medical Center Employer Reviews

Very nice outdoor open attatchment for the lunch area
Referrals & Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: occassional free lunches
Cons: not enough rest rooms for amount of employees in the facility
Busy medical care walk-in clinic
Pleasant coworkers
Enjoyed translating for Spanish speaking patients
"Growing Facility"
PMHNP-BC, Clinical Program Manger and DON (Current Employee), Wharton, TxDecember 17, 2014
Pros: being able to get most surgiries done in-house that is covered a 100% by the hospital
Cons: not being able to work overtime if necessary
A typical work day involves constantly moving, which helps the day go faster. I have learned administrative responsibilities, which as a clinician I had no experience in. Great co-workers that are eager to learn. The hardiest aspect of the job is wearing 3 hats. Most enjoyable part is being able to see my patients and watching them reach to the best of their abilities.
Great learning experience
Preceptorship/Student Nurse (Former Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 24, 2014
This is where I done preceptorship my last semester of nursing school. The ER staff was amazing and was very kind and willing to teach me how to do the skills I needed to learn. The best thing I liked about it was the fast pace of the ER and it was during spring break so we had a lot of patients come through the ER.
I also precepted in the Labor and Delivery department. The staff welcomed me with open arms and taught me so much about this area of nursing. My favorite part of this experience was how close all the staff was and well everyone worked together as a team. I learned more during this preceptorship than I ever imagined.
ok place to work for
CRT (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 27, 2014
pay on low end of scale, organized, ok to work for, great coworkers, collaborate as a team
Staff RN
Staff RN (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 20, 2014
I did total care of patients and interacted with MD's and families.
A nice place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 26, 2014
Great people, caring environment. Great about working around your schedule.
Oftensloe but very busy at times
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2014
I received experience in a hospital pharmacy, assisting nureses in taking care of their patients.
a caring atmosphere
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Wharton, TXApril 25, 2014
Everyone worked together for the best outcome for the patients.
Great group of co-workers
Laboratory/Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, lab director, very friendly staff.
Cons: staffing shortages.
The staff was great. We had a fun time and everyone is friendly.
Staffing is a problem area. They really need to allow departments to staff appropriately for the workload. This would help retain employees and save a lot of money in training.
N/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Wharton, TXMarch 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at the hospital. I learned so many new things. The entire staff were amazing.
Not a Good place to work to provide for your family.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: no benefits, little pay
Job is very unstable. Work hours are always being cut from 20 to 25 hours a week. You are hired on as PRN so you never get any of the benefits.
exceptional patient care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 8, 2014
being the best nurse you can be every day! going the extra mile to make a difference!
Sucks
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee), Ft MyersDecember 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Moved from another state to accept FT nursing position in ICU. Fired when season was over and patient population dropped. Lee Memorial has a monopoly on hospitals in Lee County, all but one are owned by LMH. If you're terminated from one, you have no options. The ICU at GCMC is HUUUUGE. 32 beds in 3 sections. They have a high patient turnover and you never have the same patient twice for a full shift. Constant admit and transfer. No continuity of care. Insurance companies dictate all care. So if you have little or no insurance, you don't get the same care as the snowbird next door.
Was a nice place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee), Panama City FlDecember 21, 2013
I enjoyed how fast paced the job was. Was a nice place to work while I was there.
oversee daily projects and work orders to insure completion.
Manager of EVS / Transport / Linen (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 28, 2013
Pros: friendly place to work with great co-workers
Cons: no run to move up in the job.
Daily challenge was meeting dead lines and organizing the staff work load and assign staff to certain project. inspect projects and make sure the staff re following the safety guide lines.
Exciting place to work. Second family
Emergency Room Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great place
Cons: *
Great learning environment. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving a problem for someone, and helping, and serving the sick, putting a smile on someones face who does not feel well.
Good Hospital, Not so good Managment
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Wharton, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: finances
Financial decline is worrying to staff. Hours keep getting cut and it is becoming more and more difficult to stay.
Average hospital
Staff Nurse, Intern Preceptor, Med/telemetry unit (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Typical hospital experience. Located in Florida the weather was pleasant and the area was beautiful.
Very productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Foley, ALSeptember 1, 2013
Loved going in on procedures with the doctor. Given a lot of respect from colleagues. But I just didn't fit in.
Fun Work place Family oriented
RN-NICU (Current Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good work environment, friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
I love the people i work with, we work as a team. We are under new management at this time. The hardest part will be leaving but there are not enough work hours to maintain our bills.

1 2 3