Gulf Coast Medical Center

Gulf Coast Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great group of co-workers
Laboratory/Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, lab director, very friendly staff.
Cons: staffing shortages.
The staff was great. We had a fun time and everyone is friendly.
Staffing is a problem area. They really need to allow departments to staff appropriately for the workload. This would help retain employees and save a lot of money in training.
N/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Wharton, TXMarch 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at the hospital. I learned so many new things. The entire staff were amazing.
Not a Good place to work to provide for your family.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: no benefits, little pay
Job is very unstable. Work hours are always being cut from 20 to 25 hours a week. You are hired on as PRN so you never get any of the benefits.
exceptional patient care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 8, 2014
being the best nurse you can be every day! going the extra mile to make a difference!
Sucks
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee), Ft MyersDecember 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Moved from another state to accept FT nursing position in ICU. Fired when season was over and patient population dropped. Lee Memorial has a monopoly on hospitals in Lee County, all but one are owned by LMH. If you're terminated from one, you have no options. The ICU at GCMC is HUUUUGE. 32 beds in 3 sections. They have a high patient turnover and you – more... never have the same patient twice for a full shift. Constant admit and transfer. No continuity of care. Insurance companies dictate all care. So if you have little or no insurance, you don't get the same care as the snowbird next door. – less
Was a nice place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee), Panama City FlDecember 21, 2013
I enjoyed how fast paced the job was. Was a nice place to work while I was there.
oversee daily projects and work orders to insure completion.
Manager of EVS / Transport / Linen (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 28, 2013
Pros: friendly place to work with great co-workers
Cons: no run to move up in the job.
Daily challenge was meeting dead lines and organizing the staff work load and assign staff to certain project. inspect projects and make sure the staff re following the safety guide lines.
Exciting place to work. Second family
Emergency Room Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great place
Cons: *
Great learning environment. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving a problem for someone, and helping, and serving the sick, putting a smile on someones face who does not feel well.
Good Hospital, Not so good Managment
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Wharton, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: finances
Financial decline is worrying to staff. Hours keep getting cut and it is becoming more and more difficult to stay.
Average hospital
Staff Nurse, Intern Preceptor, Med/telemetry unit (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Typical hospital experience. Located in Florida the weather was pleasant and the area was beautiful.
Very productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Foley, ALSeptember 1, 2013
Loved going in on procedures with the doctor. Given a lot of respect from colleagues. But I just didn't fit in.
Fun Work place Family oriented
RN-NICU (Current Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good work environment, friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
I love the people i work with, we work as a team. We are under new management at this time. The hardest part will be leaving but there are not enough work hours to maintain our bills.
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a very enjoable workplace.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2013
Pros: working with a great team and ensuring that patients get better
Cons: knowing some patients are terminal
Gulf Coast Medical Center is a wonderful hospital. Top 100 in the area. Their facility works as a whole. Starting with the Physicians down to the valet parking. There is not one person at that hospital that doesn't have a great attitude knowing and living our core values. I have learned a lot at this job, considering I came from a retail background. – more... A in house facility is very different compared to assisting the public. we have the best team of pharmacists, technicians, clinical pharmacists, and management. I think that the hardest part of the job is the emergency orders(stat) that come from the ER. Handling them is very enjoyable and gratifying. – less
brand new facility
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 28, 2013
Pros: new facility
Cons: a lot of changes
It was nice working in a new facility. What a break, not to have to deal with old, outdated machinery. The staff was a combination of new and old and we learned together. Management changed while I was there and has since changed again. There are a lot of changes going on in the department.
Productive and fun workplace with good people
Registered Nurse ER / ER Admit (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 3, 2013
everyday is an experience to learn as the people around you are always willing to help and teach. management isnt high and mighty but eye to eye willing to work shoulder to shoulder. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the patients the ones that refuse to learn and the ones accept the help and learn a little more about themselves.
Positive work environment
Radiologic Technologist, Per Diem (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2013
Pros: digital xray equipment, helpful co-workers, wide variety of patients
Cons: competitive hours
Working at GCMC was a great experience. I learned so much and got to work with great techs! The hardest part of the job was seeing my patients suffer. The most enjoyable part of working at GCMC was the strong learning environment and positive co-workers.
great place to work
Social Worker PRN (Current Employee), Panama City, FLApril 30, 2013
Pros: flexiable
Cons: small place
I have enjoyed my time at GCMC. They work with you and try to proivde a great place for everyone in the hospital.
Patient care is definately a top priority
EKG/ Stress Technician (Former Employee), Panama City, FLApril 5, 2013
Mostly everyone works as a team and treats each other as family.
HAD PICNICS AND LUNCHES
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Wharton, TXMarch 21, 2013
Pros: they would have birthday lunches for the workers
Cons: very strict on employees
IT WAS A HARD JOB TO DO BUT THE PEOPLE AND ENVIROMENT MADE IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
It is a highly stressful but rewarding job
House Supervisor (Current Employee), Wharton, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: very rarely getting lunch or a bathroom break and no help when we need it
We take care of all kinds, from scrapes to MI's to Strokes, and also deaths. I feel I learn something new everyday, and have been told by a past instructor that you should learn something new everyday and when you stop learning then it is time to get out of nursing. I enjoy working with people and my coworkers. My job is hard and sometimes thankless, – more... but at the end of the day we have saved and helped lives. – less