Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Employee Reviews

Phlebotomist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Pre-Donation screening, Training, Employee Scheduling, Safety Training, Customer Service, Quality
Assurance and Quality Control, Whole Blood Draws, Therapeutic draws, Apheresis Draws (Platelets and Plasma)
Perform routine blood work and other bodily fluid collections and labels specimens with computer labels.
Contributes to the general laboratory functions and institutional needs.
Attends regular department staff meetings and in-service training.
Maintains compliance with laboratory policies and procedures, as well as safety practices.
It all depends.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Every day is a new adventure. Often times you will be with a different group of people everyday. Different supervisors have different expectations of different subordinates. If you hope for a lot of consistency this is not the job for you. If your thrive in an ever changing environment this is the job for you.
Most management are hypocrites
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Not saySeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy what I do by helping people and it's rewarding. The donors are my reason to wake up and smile. Upper management on the other hand is a different story. They will stab you in the back and smile to your face. If you don't kiss butt or become friends with the right people, then you become a target. You can't trust ANY management, so don't even bother believing them. Watch your backs with this company because they don't play fair. They discriminate in their own secretive way.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Poor Management, extremely long hours
I love Volunteering
VOLUNTEER - Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I enjoy volunteering with GCRBC. My grandmother has needed blood 3 times in the past and without people to donate she would have been dead by now. I can give back to my community by volunteering!!
Filled With Kindness and Opportunity
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
The company is great and truly strives to be the best in the blood business. The orientation is thorough and the road to advancement is clearly laid out in front of you.
great meeting new people on a daily
Super/Apeheresis Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
hours of coming in to work or getting home is not guaranteed. I have a thick skin to work with the people. have a back up plan you are the last option.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
hours, management
Stressful place to work
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
They are the only job that willing to take you in without having the adequate experience, because they want to teach you their own way. However, the pay is good
Fun place to work
Donor Recruiter Coordinator (Exempt Position) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
It is a fun place to work but it is not for the weak of heart. Those with strong organizational skills preform the best since no one micromanages you.
Pros
Great team and everyone helps each other out.
Cons
Limited room for advancement and growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Donor Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Working for Gulf Coast is very rewarding on a personal level knowing that my work affects patients' lives and families. I enjoy being part of a team of people insuring a safe and adequate blood supply for our community.
hardwork with too many chiefs and not enough indians and too many incompentant people in charge
Apheresis Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
A job that provides a worth while, life saving product but with little reward and not enough appreciation in the end for its employees.
If you have no life, no kids and want to make decent money it's for you. If you have kids, want a life, married, etc you may need to rethink it, Heed the warning!
good pay
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
It's a good company to work for. They treat their employees pretty well. The schedule kind of sucks but they pay pretty well. It has it's downfalls though, they don't always accommodate you when you really need it.
Great Company!
Phlebotomist and Apheresis Tech (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 21, 2017
Great work place. Learned a lot. Good place to get experience. Hard working hours. Helpful whenever you need help. Kind company. So much to learn and move up in the company.
Accept the position ONLY if no one else calls you back.
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
You can't trust anyone at this company. They will smile in your face while going to upper management to spread lies. It's like working with a bunch of slow ppl. The pay should be more for what all we have to endure.
Pros
Off most holidays....yay!
Cons
Childish & messy environment. Management is a joke.
Great Mission
Director of Technical Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2017
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a great company with a wonderful life-saving mission that speaks to the heart of why I decided to study Medical Technology.
Job Security and Benefits
LAN Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to sustain job and obtain new skill sets. Great co-workers to work and learn from. Great retirement benefits.
Great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
A lot of hours. crazy hours. great management. training is very through and detailed. you know what you're getting your self into with in the first month of training. training is extensive.
Nice co-worker
Sr. Web and Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
You will have secure job in this company. All co-workers are so helpful and friendly.
Nice, knowledgeable executive officers.
Helper
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 29, 2016
Friendly staff and have great team work. I enjoyed helping out and was able to donate my blood. if you to donate this is the place to go. Just check it out.
Drama filled environment - enjoy
Apheresis Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
This place is all about who you know. Drama is a big thing and management will get involved. Pay is great , but not worth the drama or headache
Pros
Pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2015
I love working here, the only reason I have to leave is because my husband is being relocated. The hours are a bit off, so you will need a good support system at home. Overall compensation is average, could be better, but they hire people right out of school.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
might not get a lunch everyday