Gulf States Toyota

Gulf States Toyota Employee Reviews

fun workplace
driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: good people, good salary
Cons: long hours 4am to 7 pm
Enter 4 am pick up car of the train, passing through carwash, and parking in parking lot, most from 10 different locations, depending on the need we changed location, parking to warehouse
good people
No comments needed
Office Manager-AR/AP (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for. Family oriented believes in hiring from within and mobility to move within the departments is alway available to all employees
I would not recogmend for anyone to work here
Bed-line Sprayer (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: management
-The days were long but a good days work.
-I learned a lot working there. Work-wise its not a bad place to work.
-The management isn't the best. The managers don't use their power correctly and the HR is NOT on the side of the employee.
-the co-workers were a healthy mix of good and bad.
-the hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of respect and appreciation given the employees from the management team.
-The best part was working with my hands and the sense of pride I felt after a long days work.
The company is great to work for how I didn't always agree with management thoughts.
HR Consultant/Benefits Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: very conviently located and great work experience
Cons: management was not always suportive of all associates.
A typical day at work varied for me. My tasks were as simple as maintaining associates documents to handling employee relations and productivity and so much more. However, I enjoyed the associates interaction. There were times when they just needed someone to show them that their concerns were being answered and that HR was there as support in good and bad times. My coworkers and I got along well. However, I felt as if management didn't support the concerns of all associates. The hardest part of the job was to prepare associates for lay offs or terminations.
ok place to work for.
Final Inspector (Current Employee), houston,txJuly 4, 2014
work night shift. takes a little time to get used to but pay is good.
productive and simple
Driver/Porter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: simple and easy work
Cons: under contract/no insurance
Since under contract when working with Gulf States Toyota my experience was limited but eventually grew as I was promoted within a short period
Frendly place to work.
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Boerne, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Great clients and employees. Very busy and professional atmosphere. They are always striving to be the best.
A very productive and great work enviorment
Job Placement Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: its was a freat job.
Cons: sometimes work hrs
The job was a production job that based your pay on how well you worked while having qaulity and speeed. The dapartment i worked in was vehicle processing.Never really had issues with management becacue the work enviorment was really laid back. The hardest part of the job was getting the best quality as possible.the most enjoyable part of the job to me like said was the laid back enviorment. The job was great experience but over all the reason i had to leave because the company had a layoff to downsize.
no a good place
Pre Delivery Inspector/Certified State Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: short lunches
management bad no life there bad co workers and lazy people no reward for working hard
Productive and fun workplace with great people.
Field Support Specialist/Sales/Dealer Ops (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: lovely campus with cafe, starbucks, and workout facility available for the associates.
Cons: the open concept cubicles were sometimes distracting depending on your area.
The Meetings and Event position was in a fast paced department where projects changed frequently. I learned to be even more flexible than I already was! It took fielding the balls as they came to you and juggling many balls at one time. You never knew what could come your way from one day to the next.

The goal of the incentive trips was to create experiences for the attendees that they couldn't create themselves, even though most had the means to travel anywhere they wanted to go. We always kicked it up a notch and added an element of surprise.

Management was very supportive and allowed the associates to do what they do best every day. It was like a big family and everyone was on the same team. Great people to work with! Company values were taken very seriously.

The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of the stakeholders at many different levels but that also made the challenge enjoyable!

In the Dealer Operations position I was the liaison to 70 Field Team associates. This required providing communications to keep them in the loop, being the "go to" person when they needed something for their dealers, as well as some reporting. My responsibilities were quite varied, from meeting planning to website training.
Toyota Distributor for 5 State Area.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: fun to work there.
Cons: none.
Great company. Worked for Administration, Human Resources, and Parts Supply departments. Almost 13 years of experience with many opportunities including planning company Holiday party for 800 associates.
Auto Industrie that is Solid, but Company is set on standards - don't rock the boat
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Felipe, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Long work days, set on stadards and what they want to do vs what is right
New market penetration made the job demanding
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 19, 2012
Pros: strong brand recogniaton
Cons: new market development and product launches
Develop, manage, and achieve company sales and profit, goals for the retail stores
Develop a highly-engaged, winning team of retail sales Representatives and their direct
report of 13 dealership or retail store front operations. Enthusiastically train and educate sales
representatives on new promotions, products, and corporate initiatives to collaborate with
national retail partners to continuously improve sales, customer processes, and the relationship
between the sales representatives and the retailers core staff (retailer refers to dealer partners).
Assess individual and team performance and provide specific performance improvement
plans, as needed. Strategically achieve operating and store expense budgets by
translating high-level marketing plans into tactical action items for the team to execute.
Review
Inbound Driver (Current Employee), Hoston,TXAugust 8, 2012
The job is very fast pace with a fun atmosphere. Incentives and yearly raises.
Breaks could be longer when working long hours, I dont play ping pong and ect. The enviroment is a hot one so be prepared to sweat alot but durable
Final Processor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 30, 2012
Pros: it pays some bills
Cons: stating salary's a little deceptive, and the work hours especially weekends
It's a good place to start and possible have a growth. Depending what work type enviroment you come from. When comming from a large corporate world the ability to move fast and growth rate is slower then the norm.
If I Could only turn the clock around
Warrranty Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2012
Pros: compensation, co-workers, benefits, vacation, etc
Leaving Gulf States Toyota in Houston, Tx was the biggest mistake of my life. I worked in the best department, worked independantly, great benefits, hours, vacation, excellent compensation, everything...
Absolutely, the greatest position I ever held.

About Gulf States Toyota

Even good ol' boys buy foreign cars from Gulf States Toyota (GST). One of only two US Toyota distributors not owned by¬†Toyota – Read more