Gulf States Toyota Employee Reviews

Tried this company
Main Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I worked here for over three years and can say that it was the strangest organization to work for. Their values that they were trying to portray in there handbook, were not the values implemented. The management was like a turn style and always changing. The hardest part of the job was trying to do your job, with the tools you had and not with what tools you needed. They didn't really seem to care. And the prescription insurance is not good here. The doctor gives you a prescription and they will not fill it or after one, they will cut you off. I never seen a company trying to manage there employee's medicine.
Pros
Free lunches, Flu shot
Cons
Long hours, every Saturday
Professional environment where everyone respects one another.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
Great work environment where associates are valued. Most associates have worked there 10+ years and it is proof it is a great job.
Good business model
Manager, Quality Assurance and Training (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
Never boring with lots of interesting challenges. Get to work on the latest and the best vehicles and above all good people who want to do the right thing for the customer.
N/a
Quality Auditor, Training Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Organization that took consideration of all employees, and always opened to new ideas. Continuously striving for success, and remained positive.
The Normal day of Toyota
Parts Distribution Picker (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJune 16, 2016
The normal day at Toyota is going to work around noon going to lunch almost dinner time and than the highlight of the day was going to play basketball. The training they had was top notch the best training i have been through.
fun place to work
Processing Licensing Specialist/Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2016
This was a job where I loved the work and loved the people.
Training was very good.
Management was a holder of higher standards.
Co-workers had good attitudes and always willing to help when needed.
The hardest part of the job was the work load.
The most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving.
Pros
you received workout points every time you worked out/discount on cars
Cons
healthcare
GST Toyota
Manufacturing Team Leader/Shop Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  VPCMay 15, 2016
When I started working at GST it was a vibrant and enjoyable place to work. I worked there for 10 years. Hardly anyone of my old colleagues is still employed there. They were systematically removed one by one. I have never witnessed this many salaried associates being let go in my 27 years of experience. It was down right personal. I am not bitter, but relieved that I no longer have to partake in their undoing. Three years ago there was a management change at the very top and that's when the unraveling began. We made millions and millions of dollars for this company, only to lose our jobs eventually. Their modus operandi is to get as much out of you as possible, place you on a Performance Improvement Plan once they feel like they have to replace you and then ultimately let you go. I worked 10 years of my life, basically 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for this company. Always putting their profits before anything happening in my life. In the end, they said goodbye, without a severance package or compensation of any sort. They ought to be ashamed of themselves for the way they end up treating their salaried associates.
Pros
The hourly associates are very caring and good to work with.
Cons
Management does not care about anyting other than money.
Dead end job with no opportunity for advancement.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2016
Dead end job with no opportunity for advancement. Management overlooks individual qualifications. When a job opportunity comes up, management already has a favorite candidate in mind.
Good temporary opportunity
Shop Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Great opportunity for those that are motivated to used their talents. GST serves Toyota vehicles to 5 different states with sister enterprises that serve with transportation, warranty, financing, marketing, training and have a network of dealerships that support customers with their needs for a reliable vehicle.
Busy segment of the business that works long hours and provided professional installment of add on accessories to the vehicles. The enterprise offers re-qualification of quality of the vehicles and pre- inspections of most of the vehicle shipped. Customer satisfaction focused with the vision that everyone should own this quality product.
Pros
Always meeting enterprises expectations that continues growth according to demands.
Cons
Not a team player that appreciates their members.
Very Family Oriented and employee friendly
IT Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Enjoy working with the company. Some long hours but nothing too routine. Company does believe in family and is accommodating

Want to know more about Gulf States Toyota?

Ask a question
Private Family Owned Company
Manager, Business Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2015
Large, private, family owned company dedicated to providing support to the Toyota dealers within the 5 state protected territory.
Pros
Corporate Values
Cons
Promotional opportunities are limited
Productive and fun, plenty of overtime
Accessory Installer/inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
As the job alone? pretty good paying job. The only thing that bothers me is that theres no job advancement or any positions on first shift available.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
raises
Good Job environment and culture for sure
Shop Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2015
This is a great company, job is good, benefits and culture is amazing. But as any other production company, demands are high and takes most of your balance of life and work. Work is over 60 hours a week and for Salary personnel that is not a good bargaining.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
work schedule
Nice place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
Manager is supportive, great team members who are approachable, friendly and helpful. Good overall environment. Parking garage, cafe, gym and walking trails.
Lots of overtime, you cant plan any family time, rude management, lot of micromanagers, good for teens
Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Fun job at first 7 months, then closed my department down (would have retired in that department. bumped to another department. Horrible supervisors, older workers mean and try to throw you under the bus. Coming from another department, we had targets on our backs. kept reprimanding, suspending then firing us 1 by 1.
lots of micro management. the jobs are easy, just repetitive. your constantly being rushed. good benefits. you couldn't plan a weekend with family, cause they tell you have mandatory ot. if you don't show up suspension or get fired. managers from hr to supervisors are mean. good place for high school graduates to figure themselves out.
got gift cards ever so often and lunches etc.gifts at Christmas and bonus at end of financial year.

this is a place for people who don't have a family life, who are single etc..
Pros
bonuses and gits at xmas
Cons
horrible managers, rude workers
Good working hours
Team Leader Night Shift Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2015
Learned process of adding on options for Toyota vehicles and repair the machinery to keep plant running efficiently. Taught employees to repair equipment as well.
workers are friendly
Technical Trainer/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
Management needs to be improved. co-workers are friendly and hardworking individuals it's a shame that this company does not know how to treat them.
fun workplace
driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Enter 4 am pick up car of the train, passing through carwash, and parking in parking lot, most from 10 different locations, depending on the need we changed location, parking to warehouse
good people
Pros
good people, good salary
Cons
long hours 4am to 7 pm
No comments needed
Office Manager-AR/AP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for. Family oriented believes in hiring from within and mobility to move within the departments is alway available to all employees
I would not recogmend for anyone to work here
Bed-line Sprayer (Former Employee) –  houston, txOctober 13, 2014
-The days were long but a good days work.
-I learned a lot working there. Work-wise its not a bad place to work.
-The management isn't the best. The managers don't use their power correctly and the HR is NOT on the side of the employee.
-the co-workers were a healthy mix of good and bad.
-the hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of respect and appreciation given the employees from the management team.
-The best part was working with my hands and the sense of pride I felt after a long days work.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf States Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

Gulf States Toyota Reviews by Location