Gulf States Toyota Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of overtime, you cant plan any family time, rude management, lot of micromanagers, good for teens
Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Fun job at first 7 months, then closed my department down (would have retired in that department. bumped to another department. Horrible supervisors, older workers mean and try to throw you under the bus. Coming from another department, we had targets on our backs. kept reprimanding, suspending then firing us 1 by 1.
lots of micro management. the jobs are easy, just repetitive. your constantly being rushed. good benefits. you couldn't plan a weekend with family, cause they tell you have mandatory ot. if you don't show up suspension or get fired. managers from hr to supervisors are mean. good place for high school graduates to figure themselves out.
got gift cards ever so often and lunches etc.gifts at Christmas and bonus at end of financial year.

this is a place for people who don't have a family life, who are single etc..
Pros
bonuses and gits at xmas
Cons
horrible managers, rude workers
Productive and fun, plenty of overtime
Accessory Installer/inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
As the job alone? pretty good paying job. The only thing that bothers me is that theres no job advancement or any positions on first shift available.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
raises
Good Job environment and culture for sure
Shop Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2015
This is a great company, job is good, benefits and culture is amazing. But as any other production company, demands are high and takes most of your balance of life and work. Work is over 60 hours a week and for Salary personnel that is not a good bargaining.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
work schedule
fun place to work
Processing Licensing Specialist/Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2016
This was a job where I loved the work and loved the people.
Training was very good.
Management was a holder of higher standards.
Co-workers had good attitudes and always willing to help when needed.
The hardest part of the job was the work load.
The most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving.
Pros
you received workout points every time you worked out/discount on cars
Cons
healthcare
GST Toyota
Manufacturing Team Leader/Shop Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  VPCMay 15, 2016
When I started working at GST it was a vibrant and enjoyable place to work. I worked there for 10 years. Hardly anyone of my old colleagues is still employed there. They were systematically removed one by one. I have never witnessed this many salaried associates being let go in my 27 years of experience. It was down right personal. I am not bitter, but relieved that I no longer have to partake in their undoing. Three years ago there was a management change at the very top and that's when the unraveling began. We made millions and millions of dollars for this company, only to lose our jobs eventually. Their modus operandi is to get as much out of you as possible, place you on a Performance Improvement Plan once they feel like they have to replace you and then ultimately let you go. I worked 10 years of my life, basically 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for this company. Always putting their profits before anything happening in my life. In the end, they said goodbye, without a severance package or compensation of any sort. They ought to be ashamed of themselves for the way they end up treating their salaried associates.
Pros
The hourly associates are very caring and good to work with.
Cons
Management does not care about anyting other than money.
Very Family Oriented and employee friendly
IT Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Enjoy working with the company. Some long hours but nothing too routine. Company does believe in family and is accommodating
The Normal day of Toyota
Parts Distribution Picker (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJune 16, 2016
The normal day at Toyota is going to work around noon going to lunch almost dinner time and than the highlight of the day was going to play basketball. The training they had was top notch the best training i have been through.
Good business model
Manager, Quality Assurance and Training (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
Never boring with lots of interesting challenges. Get to work on the latest and the best vehicles and above all good people who want to do the right thing for the customer.
N/a
Quality Auditor, Training Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Organization that took consideration of all employees, and always opened to new ideas. Continuously striving for success, and remained positive.
Dead end job with no opportunity for advancement.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2016
Dead end job with no opportunity for advancement. Management overlooks individual qualifications. When a job opportunity comes up, management already has a favorite candidate in mind.
I would not recogmend for anyone to work here
Bed-line Sprayer (Former Employee) –  houston, txOctober 13, 2014
-The days were long but a good days work.
-I learned a lot working there. Work-wise its not a bad place to work.
-The management isn't the best. The managers don't use their power correctly and the HR is NOT on the side of the employee.
-the co-workers were a healthy mix of good and bad.
-the hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of respect and appreciation given the employees from the management team.
-The best part was working with my hands and the sense of pride I felt after a long days work.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
management
fun workplace
driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Enter 4 am pick up car of the train, passing through carwash, and parking in parking lot, most from 10 different locations, depending on the need we changed location, parking to warehouse
good people
Pros
good people, good salary
Cons
long hours 4am to 7 pm
Private Family Owned Company
Manager, Business Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2015
Large, private, family owned company dedicated to providing support to the Toyota dealers within the 5 state protected territory.
Pros
Corporate Values
Cons
Promotional opportunities are limited
Breaks could be longer when working long hours, I dont play ping pong and ect. The enviroment is a hot one so be prepared to sweat alot but durable
Final Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2012
It's a good place to start and possible have a growth. Depending what work type enviroment you come from. When comming from a large corporate world the ability to move fast and growth rate is slower then the norm.
Pros
it pays some bills
Cons
stating salary's a little deceptive, and the work hours especially weekends
If I Could only turn the clock around
Warrranty Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2012
Leaving Gulf States Toyota in Houston, Tx was the biggest mistake of my life. I worked in the best department, worked independantly, great benefits, hours, vacation, excellent compensation, everything...
Absolutely, the greatest position I ever held.
Pros
compensation, co-workers, benefits, vacation, etc
Review
Inbound Driver (Current Employee) –  Hoston,TXAugust 8, 2012
The job is very fast pace with a fun atmosphere. Incentives and yearly raises.
The company is great to work for how I didn't always agree with management thoughts.
HR Consultant/Benefits Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work varied for me. My tasks were as simple as maintaining associates documents to handling employee relations and productivity and so much more. However, I enjoyed the associates interaction. There were times when they just needed someone to show them that their concerns were being answered and that HR was there as support in good and bad times. My coworkers and I got along well. However, I felt as if management didn't support the concerns of all associates. The hardest part of the job was to prepare associates for lay offs or terminations.
Pros
very conviently located and great work experience
Cons
management was not always suportive of all associates.
New market penetration made the job demanding
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 19, 2012
Develop, manage, and achieve company sales and profit, goals for the retail stores
Develop a highly-engaged, winning team of retail sales Representatives and their direct
report of 13 dealership or retail store front operations. Enthusiastically train and educate sales
representatives on new promotions, products, and corporate initiatives to collaborate with
national retail partners to continuously improve sales, customer processes, and the relationship
between the sales representatives and the retailers core staff (retailer refers to dealer partners).
Assess individual and team performance and provide specific performance improvement
plans, as needed. Strategically achieve operating and store expense budgets by
translating high-level marketing plans into tactical action items for the team to execute.
Pros
strong brand recogniaton
Cons
new market development and product launches
workers are friendly
Technical Trainer/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
Management needs to be improved. co-workers are friendly and hardworking individuals it's a shame that this company does not know how to treat them.
Nice place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
Manager is supportive, great team members who are approachable, friendly and helpful. Good overall environment. Parking garage, cafe, gym and walking trails.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf States Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9