Gulfeagle Supply Employee Reviews in United States

No help from the top.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 11, 2016
I was brought in and lied to from the beginning. Corporate is hard to work with. They have a way to do things in the south that they think will work in the north. They need to learn to diversify. Your not going to sell roofing and siding in the winter months. This is something they have figured but the way they deal with it is too shut down Branches. 4 in the last 6 months at least. Including ours that was only open for 16 months. Gave us no time to build a customer base. Underpaid on every level. Was told we could move to different branches when our branch closed. Tried to pursue it but like everything else it was a lie with them. The Branch level is excellent to work with. Corporate is where the problems are. Very far from what they claim to be a family run business.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Tampa, no stability.
Winning culture with tools to succeed
branch manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Companies like GES are the exception in this industry. Family owned and operated they are engaged in the daily business and realize that good employees are extremely hard to find. We are given every resource to succeed from equipment to training, safety to benefits. Very few companies have fully engaged and empowered employees that feel they have a stake in the success or failure of our branch. GES has a culture that is the model for other companies to be measured by. Never will you hear..."im just the driver", each team member is engaged and accountable for making sure our ultimate goal is met. Taking care of our valued customers and making sure GES is a viable supplier that grows relationships as it grows the business.
Pros
Set up to win and succeed
Cons
Not many northeast locations but coming soon
A very good place to work
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
The best place I have ever worked at. This is a work environment
that allows you to do your job without someone looking over your
shoulder. It is a results oriented workplace that allowed me to be
flexible in my hours and lunch times....as long as the work gets
done...And that has been an issue with previous companies I have
worked for.
It is also a work culture that for the most part is on a 1st name basis. I always felt relaxed at work. Not just because the dress is
business casual, but because it is just a good environment to work
in. I am comfortable saying that management ALWAYS treated me
fair, and took the time to recognize my accomplishments.
Pros
Excellent management team and work culture
Cons
Location could be difficult for a daily commute.
Be careful.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Longwood,FlAugust 20, 2015
I was a delivery driver for this company for 9 months I was lied to repetitively by my foreman and management about work loads and well, pretty much anything and everything. Be carefull of this company it is not a good place to work nor a safe place to work. There's a lot of forvoratism within the co.,& you're not going to be part of it. You will be nothing but a human fork lift. "Stay away"
Pros
Cons
Poor management
management was anti social
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
this private, family owned company was EXTREMELY difficult to work with. Not a good corporate culture. Executive management was isolated on one side of building with private entrance; exclusionary.

Comment – October 12, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your employment experience. While we do not have a private entrance at our Corporate office, we do apologize for any experiences that may have been unsatisfactory for you and accept your feedback as a means to better our workplace for our #1 priority: our people. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

great place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2015
This was a new company to town. I started the territory from our first day in Wichita, ks. I brought many new accounts to the company. I also continue it's growth annually. My most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and developing and maintaining relationships.
Pros
independence
Cons
limited territory
Be careful
Residential Sales/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  wisconsinApril 6, 2015
I was hired to get this company up and running on the residential side of roofing. I did a great job getting things all set to succeed. We did about 1 million in the first year and I kept bringing new customers in and things were good. We then bought out a competitor and I was shipped to a new location and laid off. Upper management is a complete joke. Don't waste your time unless if this job is until you find something better.
Pros
Ok pay at the time
Cons
Upper management a joke/ no room to advance
great work place
striker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2015
i love the people in the tampa branch .great attitudes fun to work with
Pros
good people great company
Cons
pay is not all that great
Hard worker
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  7312 Business Place Arlington Texas 76001January 15, 2015
I have been in the wholesale roofing business for fifteen years. I have learn to buy material from vendors at a low cost for my company. I have good way to work with customers were they understand me and my company.
Productive fun work place
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 6, 2014
- many customers
-long days
- mgmt. fun
- coworkers helpful
- enjoyable atmosphere
Pros
room to move up
Cons
difficult customers

Want to know more about Gulfeagle Supply?

Ask a question
Excellent and Productive place to work
Senior Staff /Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
There is never a dull day here. The responsibilities are great and the reward are even greater. Bonuses, trophies, parties are given in celebration of job well done. Friendly and peaceful environment. I love working for this company.
Pros
management is relaxed
Cons
you carry the bulk of the insurance cost.
Roofing Materials Company
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Fl.July 22, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. I was the only female and we all worked well together and well respected among my co-workers and customers. Because I was the first voice you heard when calling the company or the first or second go to person for complaints and or with issues, I had to be able to learn about the materials so I asked questions, helped as much as I could with hands on customer service. I learned to drive the fork lift and made happy customers. Hardest part of the job, was keeping the guys ( my co-workers) to keep their bathroom clean...=)
Fun Company, poorly managed, lots of safety risk
Striker (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 2, 2013
Although I enjoyed this job, it's extremely dangerous and the compensation for the level of danger is not enough in my opinion. It is by far the hardest job I have ever done. They ask things they shouldn't of their employees. Lots of safety requirements but pressure to work faster then possible all the time. If you skip a safety procedure you'll be fired. Unrealistic expectations in the snow, like loading roofs. Traversing a snow covered roof is quite the unwelcome thrill. Especially with a 90lb bundle of shingles.
Pros
fun work, good people, great exercise, lots of ot in the busy season
Cons
months with less than $100 paychecks through the winter, poor management, high risk to life and limb, poor compensation, no raises