Gulfeagle Supply Employee Reviews

Highest Turnover rate for employees ever seen
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Highest Turnover rate for employees ever seen 10-20 employee monthly in a company of around 800. Toxic upper management who are also all family. No time off until you reach a year. expected to be at work instead of preparing for and during hurricanes
Great place to work and good people is what makes the job go smooth
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day working for this company is pretty good, the company has all the resources to help you become better at your job. Everyone in upper management responds within 24 hours and if need be you are able to get in touch with the president of the company, in which makes a big difference as an employee.the company has a great family history an strong core values that makes the workplace good for everyone. The hardest part of the job is pretty much getting new vendors open. After being with the company for almost a year I must say that i'm happy to be more than just an employee they make you feel part of a family overall. When you need someone to talk to whether it's business or personal it's always a listening ear available.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Long Meetings
Lie alot about job site risks and never can guarantee enough hours per week
Crane operator/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 14, 2017
Need better Managment top to bottom, and better benefits, pay and more opportunities to excel within the company. Must have safety equipment if they want you to be on dangerous roofs or life threatening job sites. A few people were hurt within a few weeks of work or consecutive weeks of injuries.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Benefits not that great
Summary of Gulfeagle
Customer Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 14, 2017
A typical work day for my job at Gulfeagle. I would show up around 6:45 everyday to help get everything going before the start of the business day. One of my jobs was to check our trucks off as they would leave the yard. I did this for all of our trucks every morning. After all of the trucks had left for their first runs I would a number of tasks each day. Help any customers who may come into the show room. Manage the inventory. Process the sales, write up any quotes that the customers needed. Then the trucks come back around lunch and I would usually send them out for an afternoon run. My day usually ended around 4:30.
Good branch
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2017
The branch level management is good but could use more assistance from the corporate office in terms of customer retention and perks. Need less micromanaging from corp depts.
itr was okay
Assist driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 29, 2017
gulf eagle was a great place if you needed a job but for long terms i don not recommend them. the work was extremely hard and does not match the pay that you are getting.
Pros
truck most of the time
Cons
doesn't pay well
Labor Ratio
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 1, 2017
The work is good when it is available. Lack of hours when the weather is bad. There is work to be done but you still are sent home to save the managers bonus for labor ratio
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
Medical benefits. Lack of hours
a good place to work
Delivery driver/ warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 22, 2017
a good place to work. nice atmosphere got to do more than i expected do while working there. i met a lot of nice people some became real good friends.
Great work place in manager is wonderful person to work with
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2017
Got be able to lift up to 100 pounds other then that the job is cupcake.40 hours a week with a lol overtime in the manager is very understanding in wonderful to work with.
Class a driver
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COJune 2, 2017
Worked as a class a driver for 2 years..They give me unemployment 1/17 to 4/17.. job attached..Found out today that they are keeping me on unemployment cause slow work..I was prob the best semi guy they had there but let me go..They lie bout most things an if your not in the what I call the kool kids circle..Your out of luck. They would rather keep drivers that damage there equipment then drivers that have no incidents. Would not go back ever
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Lies lies an more lies
Great place to work if you do your job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 31, 2017
Working at Gulfeagle Supply is great as long as you do what you are supposed to do. People are expected to work not play on their cell phones. We get thirty minutes a day for lunch and if we need to take a brake we get one. They provide gatorade during the summer months. Workers at the Denton branch have feelings that are hurt with the littlest thing and complain about anything and everything.
Pros
Good $$ and great place to "WORK"
Cons
Always have to worry about other peoples feelings.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  St. PetersburgMay 18, 2017
I like working there because they treat you good understand your needs.When you tell them your problems they try to solve it for you n also very kind managers
wonderful place
Delivery driver/ warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 11, 2017
wonderful place to work loved working there hate i had to leave. could use some improvements in a few areas. but never the less i enjoyed working there.
Same company as Gulfeagle Supply
Territory Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2017
Same company as Gulfeagle Supply. The staff and delivery drivers enjoyed working with this company. Its has over seventy locations nation wide and continues to grow!
Family oriented work plce
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work, great people! As you can see I've worked up the ladder with this company to manager. There was no hard part of this job. It was a Monday through Friday job.
Pros
7am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
March 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it!

Disorganized and unsafe.
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  GypsumMarch 4, 2017
They don't have expectations for their delivery drivers so they trucks and highly abused. The relay of information from management to supervisor to employee is almost non existent. For example for the entire time I worked there I had no idea when I would be coming in for work the next day until the supervisor texted me between 8 and 11 at night. In the short time I worked there the whole fleet (4 trucks) had to be sent back to the manufacturer to be worked on/rebuilt. And two of them were purchased the year I started. In other words, very very poor vehicle/equipment upkeep.
Pros
On the road, new places every day.
Cons
Unsafe, disorganised.
Ap specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Working with all of my branches on variances invoices, processing invoice for payment, checking for correct materials and pricing,going thru the daily mail, entering invocies into the the system, scanning, emailing for correct invoicing
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2017
They have a great family atmosphere, long time employees and loyal customers. You either love your job or you don't. I have enjoyed my time with the company as well as the education and experiences.
March 22, 2017

Thank you for your response.
We appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your experiences with Gulfeagle!

Productive workplace with good work ethics
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Days start at 6am and they assign you a load. We load trucks in the morning and take off to the first house to deliver. Steady work in the summer but not so much in the Winter time. If work is not consistent they will start cutting hours but besides that its a great place to work and stay fit doing so with great compensation
Pros
Fulltime, great pay, plenty of work
Cons
cut hours when slow, hard as far as physical labor
Family owned and operated company. Interested in furthering sales and not people.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2016
Gulfeagle operates on a low budget regarding salaries. Their emphases is on sales and not mentoring or supporting employees to progress personally or professionally.
March 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our people are our #1 priority here at Gulfeagle! We try our best to focus on and develop our teams. We offer various in-house and outside developmental trainings to our employees to attend so they can progress personally and professionally, and we appologize that you did not feel that was the case.
We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulfeagle Supply. Our community is ready to answer.