Gulfeagle Supply Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor hrs.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 15, 2017
Favoritism in this work place is a big problem, management here are always looking out after them selves and not the employees. Warehouse manager is a big back stabber... hrs here are long and got to put up with last minute things, or people coming in at the last minute. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere...
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No breaks one lunch. When you do take it, your asked why are you taking a lunch.
March 22, 2017

Thank for your feedback and bringing these concerns to our attention. We are very much interested in hearing more about the work environment you mentioned and the challenges you experienced with management so we can address your concerns quickly and appropriately.

We encourage individuals to use the EthicsPoint Hotline at 1-888-206-0438 or www.ethicspoint.com to address concerns in confidence. Your feedback will help us improve our work environment for current and future employees as well as for our customers.

Family oriented work plce
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work, great people! As you can see I've worked up the ladder with this company to manager. There was no hard part of this job. It was a Monday through Friday job.
Pros
7am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
March 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it!

Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2017
They have a great family atmosphere, long time employees and loyal customers. You either love your job or you don't. I have enjoyed my time with the company as well as the education and experiences.
March 22, 2017

Thank you for your response.
We appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your experiences with Gulfeagle!

Family owned and operated company. Interested in furthering sales and not people.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2016
Gulfeagle operates on a low budget regarding salaries. Their emphases is on sales and not mentoring or supporting employees to progress personally or professionally.
March 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our people are our #1 priority here at Gulfeagle! We try our best to focus on and develop our teams. We offer various in-house and outside developmental trainings to our employees to attend so they can progress personally and professionally, and we appologize that you did not feel that was the case.
We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Gulfeagle Supply
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2016
A great place to work, the management is great for the most part and the owner and president have an open door policy. The people working here are great people and while the retiring employees are slowly shifting out the new blood are all really nice. As someone who knew every single employee at both the BSC and Branch #1, I have to say that all in all this is one of the best places I've worked in a long while.
Not impressed with management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 25, 2016
This company has a lot of potential but they are not utilizing the talent that they cannot see they have, instead they force the employees with skills out in order to hire cheaper younger workers with no experience in the business.
No help from the top.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 11, 2016
I was brought in and lied to from the beginning. Corporate is hard to work with. They have a way to do things in the south that they think will work in the north. They need to learn to diversify. Your not going to sell roofing and siding in the winter months. This is something they have figured but the way they deal with it is too shut down Branches. 4 in the last 6 months at least. Including ours that was only open for 16 months. Gave us no time to build a customer base. Underpaid on every level. Was told we could move to different branches when our branch closed. Tried to pursue it but like everything else it was a lie with them. The Branch level is excellent to work with. Corporate is where the problems are. Very far from what they claim to be a family run business.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Tampa, no stability.
Customers and employees made a great atmosphere to be at.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 19, 2016
Work day was pleasant, some overtime in the busy season. I had experience in the roofing industry so I picked up on the products well and knew most of the customers. Management was great to work with at the branch level. It was a very casual and laid back place to be, co-workers were great and we all took care of each other. The hardest part of the job was having to let customers down when product was unavailable and locating different sources to get them the materials that were needed. I really enjoyed the laughter and the light heartedness of the environment.
Pros
Fun people to work with at branch levels
Cons
Expensive benefits/ corporate management is greedy and selfserving.
A very good place to work
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
The best place I have ever worked at. This is a work environment
that allows you to do your job without someone looking over your
shoulder. It is a results oriented workplace that allowed me to be
flexible in my hours and lunch times....as long as the work gets
done...And that has been an issue with previous companies I have
worked for.
It is also a work culture that for the most part is on a 1st name basis. I always felt relaxed at work. Not just because the dress is
business casual, but because it is just a good environment to work
in. I am comfortable saying that management ALWAYS treated me
fair, and took the time to recognize my accomplishments.
Pros
Excellent management team and work culture
Cons
Location could be difficult for a daily commute.
Be careful.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Longwood,FlAugust 20, 2015
I was a delivery driver for this company for 9 months I was lied to repetitively by my foreman and management about work loads and well, pretty much anything and everything. Be carefull of this company it is not a good place to work nor a safe place to work. There's a lot of forvoratism within the co.,& you're not going to be part of it. You will be nothing but a human fork lift. "Stay away"
Pros
Cons
Poor management
January 19, 2016

Thank you for your comment, your feedback is very important to us!

management was anti social
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
this private, family owned company was EXTREMELY difficult to work with. Not a good corporate culture. Executive management was isolated on one side of building with private entrance; exclusionary.
October 12, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your employment experience. While we do not have a private entrance at our Corporate office, we do apologize for any experiences that may have been unsatisfactory for you and accept your feedback as a means to better our workplace for our #1 priority: our people. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

great place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2015
This was a new company to town. I started the territory from our first day in Wichita, ks. I brought many new accounts to the company. I also continue it's growth annually. My most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and developing and maintaining relationships.
Pros
independence
Cons
limited territory
Be careful
Residential Sales/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  wisconsinApril 6, 2015
I was hired to get this company up and running on the residential side of roofing. I did a great job getting things all set to succeed. We did about 1 million in the first year and I kept bringing new customers in and things were good. We then bought out a competitor and I was shipped to a new location and laid off. Upper management is a complete joke. Don't waste your time unless if this job is until you find something better.
Pros
Ok pay at the time
Cons
Upper management a joke/ no room to advance
great work place
striker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2015
i love the people in the tampa branch .great attitudes fun to work with
Pros
good people great company
Cons
pay is not all that great
Hard worker
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  7312 Business Place Arlington Texas 76001January 15, 2015
I have been in the wholesale roofing business for fifteen years. I have learn to buy material from vendors at a low cost for my company. I have good way to work with customers were they understand me and my company.
Productive fun work place
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 6, 2014
- many customers
-long days
- mgmt. fun
- coworkers helpful
- enjoyable atmosphere
Pros
room to move up
Cons
difficult customers
Excellent and Productive place to work
Senior Staff /Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
There is never a dull day here. The responsibilities are great and the reward are even greater. Bonuses, trophies, parties are given in celebration of job well done. Friendly and peaceful environment. I love working for this company.
Pros
Management is relaxed
Cons
You carry the bulk of the insurance cost.
Roofing Materials Company
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Fl.July 22, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. I was the only female and we all worked well together and well respected among my co-workers and customers. Because I was the first voice you heard when calling the company or the first or second go to person for complaints and or with issues, I had to be able to learn about the materials so I asked questions, helped as much as I could with hands on customer service. I learned to drive the fork lift and made happy customers. Hardest part of the job, was keeping the guys ( my co-workers) to keep their bathroom clean...=)
Fun Company, poorly managed, lots of safety risk
Striker (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 2, 2013
Although I enjoyed this job, it's extremely dangerous and the compensation for the level of danger is not enough in my opinion. It is by far the hardest job I have ever done. They ask things they shouldn't of their employees. Lots of safety requirements but pressure to work faster then possible all the time. If you skip a safety procedure you'll be fired. Unrealistic expectations in the snow, like loading roofs. Traversing a snow covered roof is quite the unwelcome thrill. Especially with a 90lb bundle of shingles.
Pros
Fun work, good people, great exercise, lots of OT in the busy season
Cons
months with less than $100 paychecks through the winter, poor management, high risk to life and limb, poor compensation, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulfeagle Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9