Gulfport Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rearding Career (A day-by-day review)
Manager of Ortho/Neuro/Telemetry/Medical Units (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 2, 2018
Over the past 12 years at the same facility, I have had the privilege to grow from a staff RN into the first Neuroscience Coordinator at our hospital, assist in developing and maintaining the first Joint Commission Stroke Center in MS, assist in the first Intracranial Clot retrieval on the gulf coast, create and manage the new acute 5th floor beds and all staff, budget accountabilities, and teaching our new generation of nurses in all settings. This growth and experience has taught me the value of your team, and the challenges associated with staff and budget management. I will state again the importance of one's surrounding team to accomplish goals while juggling the many responsibilities associated with such responsibilities. The most difficult part of most positions, do not come with the patients we love and serve, but from directing and training staff to be the best of their ability. I truly enjoy growing new people while advancing my own knowledge in the process. I have been blessed with a strong career and look to continue my growth with a motivated and goal oriented team.
Pros
Health Care Benefits, job security, opportunity for some advancement, employee envolvement
Cons
Administration biases with political influence that is not always patient-focused, low end of salary wages, and limited employee goals/suggestions.
Excellent place of employment
Business Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 8, 2017
Memorial Hospital is the BEST place I have EVER worked.
The staff and management from bottom to executive levels maintain the Mission of Memorial: Patients first and an analog of CARE that is set as the philanthropy: Care, Action, Respect and Empathy towards patients and coworkers.
Would recommend this employer to anyone.
Memorial
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 24, 2017
Busy environment, with below average pay. It's really political, expect to be pulled to different units. Only bonus is that the patient ratio is 4:1. Management is not really ever around, and when you do need something, it takes them quite a while to get back.
Greatness
Multi Skilled Tech (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 23, 2017
I think that Memorial Hospital is a great company to work for overall. They really do look out and care for the employee. I would recommend this job to anyone
all for themselves
MEDICAL/SURGICAL RN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2017
I had had many positive feedback on this institution but my experience was not positive. The management on my floor was poor, we had heavy caseloads with little relief. This unfortunately lead to many staff taking a "thats not my patient" approach and attitude.
Pros
pay
Cons
understaffed
very knowledgeable employees
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 26, 2017
Loved working here. Teamwork is their second name. I only worked for a short while and not many hours. I appreciated the job and enjoyed learning all I did from the employees. I leaned a lot working here.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
it was a temporary job
best place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 6, 2017
hospital is up to date in hospital procedures and state of the art equipment . the staff makes the hospital the best. they have the best staff and managers.
Work with experienced colleagues willing to share there knowledge.
Clinical Analyst (Information Systems) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 24, 2017
Work environment was clean and organized. Great support staff. Times could get fast paced while working in the ER, but working as a team helped me gain skills in delegating, seeking expert advice when making quick clinical decisions, and assistance in producedures to stabalize patients. The team approach provided for more effective and safe care.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Benefits decrease yearly
High expectations
Multi Skilled Tech (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 24, 2017
High expectations without salary compensation. Starting salaries are not competitive. Memorial is a massive operation that employs many people however, they have extremely high expectations for clinical employees that do not come near comparing to the salary they have to offer.
Beware of the Office Politics
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 7, 2017
Office politics are ridiculous. It doesn't matter how well you do your job. Its one of those places where it is not what you know but who you know. Everyone is afraid of you doing a better job than them because, if you do, you are a threat. Many of the older employees and managers are extremely racist and prejudice; and, few hide it well.
Pros
Cafeteria discounts
Great experience
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 18, 2017
Memorial Hospital offers a vast variety of opportunity to anyone looking at a Hospital System experience. Offering both Hospital and Physician Clinics to work in and develop.
Horrible
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 17, 2017
This is the worst placed I've ever worked, People are out to get you, they are backstabbers, ethnic groups are never corrected for poor work ethics. My office has rats and major infestation of roaches in the hallway.

DO NOT APPLY!
Pros
Cons
Rats, roaches, backstabbing
Great facility with great employees
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 11, 2017
Gulfport Memorial is one of the best facilities on the coast. The care of the employees and staff is top notch. It is like a big family there and the patients can sense that as well,
Pros
Great staff
great place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501July 10, 2017
This job was the most rewarding job that I have ever had. The people that I worked with were amazing. The staff is very knowledgeable. They love to teach, and are great with patients.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Long hours and sometimes very delayed breaks
Great place to work with many opportunities to expand knowledge and experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 26, 2017
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport is an incredible place to work with a healthy work environment and honestly one of the best group of managers that I have had the privilege with which to work. The hardest part of this job was the work load which at time could be overwhelming but my team leader would "pitch in" and help at times like these. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients, alleviating their fears and providing them with the information they needed to manage the non medical side of their health care.
Pros
cafeteria and food court on campus, work out facilities on campus
great place to work
Cash Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 30, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Great management. Great opportunity for advancement. quiet clean work space. fast paced and fun. not very good pay
productive yet fun
Cardiac and Vascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 30, 2017
Memorial is the best hospital on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I absolutely love my job and what it entails. No matter how busy or stressful a day may seem, at the end it was all worth it. Every patient we scan says they have never been to a nicer hospital. We all believe in team work and positive attitudes. I would recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
working with friends
Cons
short breaks
Stable work envirnment
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 26, 2017
great benefits, stable, sound environment to work in
there is always room to grow in you field, and also able to transfer to another department, clean, safe envornment
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
no raised to be given for 2017
Good place to work.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed the people and friendly environment. I had no complaints while working here. I was able to work remotely after a training period of 3 months and was able to learn a lot on the job.
Lovr every minute of it
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 2, 2017
Great work family! Very supportive team, you have a lot of sad/devastating cases that come in but you have a great team behind you. Hard work but very rewarding. I've been with MHG right at 7 years and I love every minute. If you're thinking about applying, definitely do it.
Pros
Great team, long shifts-short work week, support
Cons
Lunches could be longer