Gulfport Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Good coworkers. See the following.
PT Receptionist/ Registration (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 6, 2017
My advice as a former MHG employee is...stay away from this company!!! So many snakes! Worked in registration and management or so called 'team leader' was unprofessional. Never could answer work related questions due to lack of knowledge and instead focused on writing people up and then have employees always worried about their jobs. Working under such stress to begin with and management made it that much more stressful by not doing what they were supposed to do. Loved the work and people but the lack of leadership in that particular department leads me to tell friends to...stay away!
Pros
Nice co workers great salad bar and cafeteria
Cons
Department management. Parking.
Productive and Excellent work place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 18, 2016
Doctors ,Nurses,CNA/PCA worked in sync to care for Patients and their families.
Learned alot of new hands on techniques for a speedy recovery of our patients
Manager were on the floors ensuring adequate assistance for staff and patients
its a very nice place to work for knowing your well informed and cared for from the CEO especially floor managers.
Loved the ethnicity aspect of the caring scope gave us Hope and security .
Pros
Caring for Patients and Staff
Cons
30 min break for 12 hour shift for 37 hour week
Not to bad, just watch out for the management
RMA (Current Employee) –  Offsite physician clinicJanuary 21, 2017
Offsite clinic managers are awful (most) will lie and make you look bad if needed. If they want you fired they will write you up for everything you do and put you on a 90 day probation in which they will fire you at the end of and at 5pm. They also are supposed to tell you , you can go to HR and talk to them about your job but will never tell you.. the nurse supervisor over the clinics is the head of the snake! Turn over is bad. If your a favorite or someone important relative and not working out at one place they you move you to another clinic to save your job and move that person at that clinic somewhere else without notice or choice and make it look like the other person is the bad employee. Enjoyed my co-workers and physicians. Get new clinical management and environment would be awesome!
Pros
Good lunch breaks, pt focused
Cons
Mangment (offsite clinic managers), clinical nursing supervisor is a snake
productive and busy work place
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pharmacy departmentJanuary 17, 2017
very productive and busy work place
friendly work area and well communication
always ready for new ideas and changes
willing to accept and follow rules and regulations
Pros
scan tag into entrance
Cons
parking spaces
Productive place to work.
Outpatient Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 13, 2017
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport has given me the opportunity to work in a productive environment with other staff members who share my desire to help others who are in need of physical therapy assistance.
Knowledgable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 13, 2016
I learned a lot about nursing and helping patients achieve their goal in their health. My co workers were very helpful in teaching me and assuring that I understood what and when I needed to do certain things to complete my job for the day.
Pros
the ability to help people and see them smile
Cons
medical in its own is a con
Compensation and Workplace environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 4, 2016
I am currently a full time Central Sterile Processing Technician. The pay is not so great. You would probably make just as much money working in fast food maybe more. We really don't get paid enough for what we do. We put ourselves in harms way when it comes highly infection diseases and 8.98 an hour is not enough I feel, especially if you're certified.
The day shift is the best shift to work. Day shift co workers are great but the night shift workers aren't very friendly. If you can handle bad attitudes then maybe night shift is for you.
Overall the hospital is great.
Pros
Great hospital, great job
Cons
work environment, pay
One Of The Greatest Hospitals
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 26, 2016
Would recommend anyone to this establishment! Excellent nursing staff with friendly employees. Can be a stressful environment, as for being employed but that's the "hospital life." My Coordinator was awesome with balancing my work and school schedule. Also this hospital has great food and delicious salads!!!
Great employer
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 17, 2016
I have been here for nearly two years and I still love to go to work everyday. Colleagues are wonderful, there is plenty of room for professional growth and the support of management is top notch. As with most Americans, I could stand a bit more money in my paychecks, salaries/wages are not to industry standards. Benefits are very good with employee pharmacy and EAP available. Education continuation is encouraged and scholarship opportunities are available. Overall, it's a great place to.work.
Pros
PTO, health benefits, advancement opportunities, safe work environment.
Cons
Pay is not commiserate with degree
Memorial Hospital Gulfport
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 13, 2016
The facility is growing fast. This is a 445 bed facility and the In-patient pharmacy was a dream job come true.
Pros
steady work
Management very understanding
Lead coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 30, 2016
Slow paced on an average work day. Learning excel is the hardest thing I have had to learn. Management is very understanding about personal issues. Co-workers are very willing to help you. I enjoy doing reports. I have had very little hands on experience with ICD-10 coding. Although I have ICD-10 training.
Pros
Employee pharmacy
Cons
Being thrown into a task without proper knowledge.
Great work environment with wonderful employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff and management, and found everyone to be extremely helpful. I would recommend this workplace to other medical professionals.
Productive work environment.
Medical Coding and Billing (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 22, 2015
Gulfport Memorial is a productive hospital. Everyone works diligently to complete their tasks on time.
Everyone is eager and willing to help one another.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Short breaks.
Great staff and co-workers
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 27, 2016
Very welcoming staff
Everyone is extremely helpful and willing to assist in any way
Manager of the department is very supportive
Busy city/county hospital ER/School clinics in 2 local High Schools
Staff/Charge RN in ER/School Clinic RN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 27, 2013
Worked as staff/Charge RN in City/county hospital ER. Enjoyed helping people with their health/social problems.Most days were under 200 Pts. seen.Liked making sure ER ran smoothly .Transfered to new program running school clinics in local schools,set up and ran clinic in largest 3 grade high school in state,Harrison Central High from1996 -2005. After Katrina,moved to smaller Pass Christian HS.RN there resigned due to tough working conditions after Katrina.My manager asked if I'd be willing to transfer.Enjoyed working with HS aged kids. Much of work was teaching them how to take care of their health needs.
Pros
Co-workers, charge RN's
Cons
Upper level management short sightedness
i enjoy working @ Gulfport Memorial Hospital.
Business Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Gautier, MSOctober 26, 2015
Memorial Hospital Gulfport is a wonderful place to work, the staff is amazing, and the interaction with patients are priceless.
Pros
great hours, amazing staff.
I trained at Gulfport Memorial
student (Former Employee) –  OR, ER, ENDOMarch 19, 2013
I went to Jefferson Davis Jr. College on Pass Road in 1978 to 1980 I'm 62 now but, I'd give anything to work there again. It was a wonderful experence. I enjoyed my career as a CST. I never regretted it for a second.
I even worked in Great Britain and travel tech-ed. It was wonderful.
The training I received at Gulfport Memorial was instrumental in my career.
Pros
everything
good company
Third Party Collector - Cashier Representative (Current Employee) –  gulfport msAugust 25, 2015
Gulfport Memorial is a good company to work for. The only thing is that the compensation is not equivalent to the work that is required.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
not enough pay, not able to move up in the department
Family atmosphere
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 26, 2015
Family atmosphere.

Learned a lot about the medical field--supervisors eager to have employees cross-train.

Working for the company--lots of areas for advancement.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Stable work environment, job security
Biller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 27, 2012
I went to work and knew what needed to be done and what was expected of me. Co-workers were great and enjoyable to be around. Hardest part of the job was some communication between departments and managers.
Pros
understanding bosses
Cons
low wages and not many benefits, no paid holidays unless you had vacation time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulfport Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5