GulfStream Aerospace Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work on the latest aircraft entering service
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2016
Gulfstream is a good company overall. In my experience I have had the opportunity to move within the company and have discovered better working conditions in Flight Test as opposed to Production. I worked in the G-650 Production line for the required time before I could transfer. The production line moves very fast. Emphasis is on getting aircraft out quickly. Rush. Rush. That's production.
Pros
New Aircraft. Good working conditions.
Cons
Too many managers.
Great culture. The company sets their goals high and always meets them.
Energy Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 24, 2016
The company is always looking to take necessary actions to stay ahead and reduce costs. This is reflected on the work environment, where people are frequently tasked with various responsibilities that keep them more than busy. It's not the most fast-paced culture but if you're anything like me, you admire a job that maintains challenges.
Pros
Great pay, friendly co-workers, no micro-management, competent upper management
Cons
Desperately need a dedicated IT department
Great Project with Poor Management
Electrical Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 22, 2016
Gulfstream aerospace produces a great product and has a great reputation, but due to poor mid level management suffers from the "good ole boy" system of hiring. There are quite a few excellent performers at Gulfstream that are squeezed dry of productivity due to an alarming number of lazy individuals who are friends with their bosses.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Product
Cons
Management and perpetually lazy coworkers
Love the people. Upper management does not listen.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2016
Overall Gulfstream is a good place to work, but the all might dollar dictates how much you have to work. Crews are cut to bare minimal to get the job done, which puts a lot of stress on everybody from the manager down. Director levels are clueless on what happens on the shop floor or what it actually takes to get the job done.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Productive workplace with a dedicated attitude to make employee life and customer life better
Tool support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 18, 2016
Relaxed but focused on objective. Learned to streamline processes and find the most efficient way to cut out waste involving tooling and machinery applications. Management is dedicated and hardworking at your disposal. Co-workers are diligent and trustworthy and are willing to help you learn. Hardest part of the job is finding new ideas and new ways to make things better when they are already on their way to perfection. the most enjoyable part of the job is that the company is a close nit family. working together and making a difference in the company as a whole provides the feel of having a greater purpose with the people you close to in the workplace.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Expensive calfeteria prices
Worked at Gulfstream for More than 7 Years
Inventory Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Pros

It was an exciting atmosphere to work in. The training was great. The management team was skilled and was knowledgeable on policy and procedure and what needed to be accomplished in providind superior services to their customers.

Cons

For the project that I was working on, there were not enough hours for me at the time. I did request more hours, but The budget for the project did not allow the extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing an awesome job at providing premium safety to your clients and an excellent work atmosphere to your employees
Pros
Good benefits, management knows the business well, best employer in the area"
Cons
Unstable business and does not have a work life balance"
Company stresses a home/work balance but looks down on you for needing personal time off.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 4, 2016
Poor review of those in supervisory / management positions. Just like reviews go from the top down, Employees should also be able to review their supervisors / management for issues in poor leadership / unprofessionalism.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Layoffs or "corporate restructuring"
Good ole boy club
Manufacturing Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 12, 2016
Company has good pay and benefits. You have to be part of the boys club for promotion and advancement. Favoritism runs through the company. They only focus on schedule and margin, safety and quality are second thoughts to them. Rules apply to everyone except leaders.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership and integrity
Not good for young employees
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 22, 2016
. Fast paced work rate but can feel rewarding.
. I have definitely become a more polished technician.
. Management can be okay or a nightmare.
. Mostly good co-workers but some like to step on heads to stand out.
. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to learn something interesting every day.
Pros
Being able to say you work for the company.
Cons
healthcare is expensive and has allot less provisions compared to the previous year, nepotism, nepotism, nepotism, manipilative leadership
Leading market in Buisness Aviation and Technology
Sr. Aircraft structural Mechanic/Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 18, 2016
Currently working in Advanced Aircraft Program. Lots of research of Spec.manuals and investigation to be in compliance with GAC and FAA guidelines.
Pros
Benefits and paid leave and numerous retail discount programs.
Cons
Huge workload, getting up at 3:30 AM, 12 hour days

Want to know more about GulfStream Aerospace?

Ask a question
Rewarding productive environment with job advancement great benefits and pay
IMS/Dispatcher/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 14, 2016
Great start to any morning, busy paced environment. Learning to cope with the different personalities on a daily basis with Managers/co-workers. Understanding the bias attitude toward work ethic and who knows who, vice who knows what and work experience with added education
Training is terrible
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMay 29, 2016
Works days are Monday though Friday from 7am to 330pm. Only 30min lunch which i wasn't a fan of because that are not a lot of places to eat in the area. I started here as a intern was hard for me to get started trainers here are not very good and you are left to figure things out on your own. Management can be confusing at times never giving a clear message on what they need from you. Management also likes to play favorites with the older employees. This location was once a different company that was brought by Gulfstream and they kept a lot of the old employees. Hardest part of my job was training myself on components i was working on. My lead tech was so unapproachable and rude it was impossible to get any kind of training from him. The pay rate is good and it is a good company. But i would not recommend working unless you have a lot of experience, because don't expect a lot of help with training.
Ever changing IT culture
IT Apps Designer II (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 2, 2016
During my nearly 2 years there, they were transitioning from one CIO to another, then another when I left. They tried 3 different IT organization strategies, and eventually went with all full time, non contractor workforce, which is a 180 degree turn from how they had been operating the past decade.
Pros
money was excellent
Cons
constant upheaval in IT
Great Place to work
Administrative Associate III (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2016
Typical day at work is 10 hours.
Learn about aircrafts and company policy and procedure.
Management is management.
Co-workers are diverse.
Hardest part of the job depends on the person and their knowledge.
Most enjoyable part of the job learning different things.
Pros
lunch and learns
Cons
Short Lunches
Porductive and Positve Atmostphere
Global Security Aassociate III (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the Job is seeing the finished product. My co-workers are great. A typical work day consist of eight hours depending on what department you work in. The hardest part of the job depends on what department you work in but you may have to work on holidays. Management is great very proactive.
Great place to grow
Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 23, 2016
During my tenure at Gulfstream, they taught me how to handle myself as a business professional. During my time at Gulfstream, I was only a high school student but they taught me how to be on time and how to take control of difficult situations. It is a great place to work with a lot of growth to be achieved.
Fun place
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 26, 2016
Fun job. End product (jets) are the best in the market and you get to see them daily. If you don't like the South, you will not enjoy the area though (Savannah is pretty and has some history but it is small. Limited stores/restaurants). Salary are attractive. Promotion depends on experience time - if you go above and beyond, you will not have big promotion.
Wished I could have worked there longer - GulfStream
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 16, 2016
As a contractor, job security is unknown.
Learned how Civilian sector is run very differently than Military sector.
Management lacks communication in mid levels.
Co-Workers have singular agendas.
Great daily working conditions. Excellent Working environment.
Hardest part is changing company focus and operational messaging
Most enjoyable was product and brand pride
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Contract employees termination at will clause
Terrible management
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2016
worst management ever, uneducated with ZERO leadership skills. Be prepared to come to work everyday in a very negative environment because management ahs beat everyone down so much everyone pretty much hates their job.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
too many to list
Enjoyable company
Sr. HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 17, 2016
Co-workers are what keep me working everyday. I love making people happy and that is what my job is all about. The company respects their employees therefore I respect them.
The hardest part is not knowing if or when I will be laid off with the current situations of the company.
Everyday I go to work is an enjoyable day.