GulfStream Aerospace Employee Reviews

Expect Changes Soon
FP&A Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 22, 2017
Many employees and upper management are older and have been at the company for 20+ years. This makes for quite a conservative, traditional work environment, however I expect this to change in the coming years as large numbers of people will be reaching retirement at the same time. I expect the workforce to get younger in the very near future and expect the company to be more innovative.
Excellent workplace where their main important asset are the workers.
Senior Invoice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 17, 2017
I like the company values and practices, the way that they acknowledge and appreciate different points of view, opening to the thoughts and opinions of others. Their way to explain to all employees the big picture of the company to better understanding the strategic priority and the company vision.
Good company
MRB Structures Engineer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 17, 2017
Good place to work, not a lot of room to grow. Easy to take time off and managers work with your schedule if you want to work a short week every now and then.
Ping Ball and fools Ball is relaxing at break or lunch times.
Asset Facilities Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at work is first opening my email to see how many work orders I have received overnight and what are the priorities in getting them taking care of.
I have learned overtime that everyone who puts a work order in thinks their WO has top priority and want it done ASAP. When I contact them I always have a time frame as to when their WO will be addressed and what I think the issue is and what it will take to complete their WO.
The work place culture is pretty good based on other companies I have worked at.
The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the work load given based on the number of building I have to take care of.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting with clients and customers and delivering on my word. I have never promised anything that I did not deliver on, on time, that's what I'm know for ever where I worked.
Pros
Lunch & Leans and a free lunch is always a good thing
Cons
Company rules and policies not clearly defined
Life long commitment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2017
There isn't much to say honestly, because working in the aviation industry you are either all in or simply just trying to get by and at Gulfstream they do a great job at minimalizing this, hence creating a pretty solid working environment.
Pros
Busy start to finish
Cons
As a contractor, the fear of being walked out everyday is there.
Great Company
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 8, 2017
Typical day was fun and enjoyable. Great work culture. Always had work to do but the managers were very caring and understood the work assigned. Love this company!
Good Company
WARRANTY SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2017
good company to work for...was there for many transitions worked there for 17 years for 3 different companies but gained most of aviation experience within Gulfstream.
Sr Airworthiness Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 29, 2017
Except for normal personality differences between workers and management, and a few strange policies, this was one of the best places I have ever worked. Each department is different. The training was great. I learned a heck of alot. and enjoyed every moment when when the work was hard. If the economy didnt go downhill in 2008 I would still be there.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
safety audits
Gulfstream Product Support Distribution Center
Inventory Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 24, 2017
Gulfstream's warehouse offers easy work with decent pay and alright benefits. Management could be worked on, with sometimes leads being more clueless than the works. Don't think you will be trained properly in the warehouse since you are almost expected to fully understand all procedures and how all the software works, although it is all very simple and comes naturally within a few weeks. The work is very simple you ship parts, that's it and you meet your shipping quota. With the hardest part of the job being part allocation since the warehouse is getting pretty full.
Pros
Payed lunch, Good hours, easy work
Good place
Senior welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 22, 2017
Good place to work for, excellent pay and benefits packages. Work schedule depending on dept is pretty good. Nothing really bad to say about this company
Fast Paced / Stressful environment
Group Assets & Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 21, 2017
Leadership focuses only on production and costs. Very little loyalty or support for employees.

Leadership encourages taking care of the staff but lower levels of management do not support or encourage the same.

Worked their four years and only received 1 performance review.
Good Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 20, 2017
Great people and time off, must be willing to work overtime and be committed everyday, company does promote within and the sky is the limit if your willing to put the work into it.
Good Company to work foor
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 20, 2017
Good Company to work for. People are decent and have a good attitude. Company is growing and has good benefits. Growth opportunities are available for persons wanting to advance.
Gulfstream Aerospace
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 19, 2017
I would love to return to employment at Gulfstream Aerospace. I made a great mistake in leaving the company. I can only hope to have another opportunity to return. The people are great to work for and the people who I worked with were fantastic. I can only hope that I might have another opportunity to work at this great company. It would be an honor and pleasure to return. Thank you for consideration.
Pros
The people are outstanding
Good job
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2017
great job with excellent pay, but be prepared to always be on your toes. Do hesitate to ask too many questions and asking for help is somewhat frowned upon.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Etna Green, INJune 15, 2017
Good place to work for someone who like fast paced jobs. Work environment is clean and orderly for the most part. Don't have to kill yourself to have a good work day.
Top aircraft manufacturer in the world
Security Officer, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 14, 2017
Its as big as a city. The pay is respectable. Employees meet people from all over the world.

They have a program that takes care of stray cats. Catches them, gets them fixed and returns them to the property. They have shelter and they are fed.
Pros
Good Salary, Health Care and 401K
Cons
No job security
Great job
Sheet Metal Mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 7, 2017
I worked dayshift loved the hrs. Working 10 hr days 4 days a week was right up my alley. We had ping pong tables to enjoy for break time. The culture there could have been better. If it was closer to home i would still be there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management should be more hands on
Gulfstream Aerospace Corp
Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Gulfstream was a good company to work for, worked around and with allot of good mechanics,and inspectors. Worked allot of long hours including weekends.
Pros
Great mechanics and inspectors to work with.
Cons
Too much politics !!!
Best Place Ever to work!
Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work was come and enjoy breakfast with the other employees, then start work. I' learned a lot of information about order forms, plane parts,gained a lot of knowledge of working with other cultures of people. Management was excellent depending on who's your manager. The hardest part of the job is unloading the trucks.The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing everyone smile.
Pros
Half price food, great benefits, 1 hr lunch breaks etc
Cons
401K, health, medicaid etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GulfStream Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.