Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Inc Employee Reviews

Told to lie on pre trip inspections or be terminated
Driver for rehab. (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 26, 2017
Because I would not lie on pre trip inspections for the vero Beach rehab center disabled van & actually did inspections -the supervisor terminated me.
Pros
Loved working with disabled people
Cons
Forced me out because I did my job right.
Fun working place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 1, 2017
Enjoyed working with different peers, managers and co workers are all every nice and well respectful workers. I would referred anyone to work with this beautiful growing company.
Safe and healthy team environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 20, 2017
Good clean well maintained equipment, Well trained staff, expectations were defined early and never a problem to meet. I felt lower management kept the worker level employees insulated from upper managements moodiness
Pros
good equipment, easy going pace
Cons
part time position
I work for The OWW Gulfstream Goodwill in Clewiston,FL
Custodial lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clewiston, FLMarch 15, 2017
I do not work in a store. I work with the Okeechobee Waterways (OWW) in Clewiston,Fl and we are contracted with the Army Corps of Engineers to maintain the cleanliness and grounds around the levees, some structures, and the Army Corps parks. I love my job! My supervisor Charles srgt. is the best and is always willing to help and teach. You do work outside and during summer time the sun is awful, but the parks are beautiful and the people most of the time are very kind. The people at the work place are very friendly and always willing to help. The hours for the custodial crew are awful. Not having 2 days off in a row doesn't feel fair at all, I don't get much time on the weekends with family because of it. But the overall job itself is great and the pay is nice. Also all benefits are included so that is a huge plus. Working for the OWW has showed me there is allot more to goodwill industries then just working in a store. They do so much and help so many people.
Benefits
Cons
Custodians only get one day off at a time so there isnt much time for families on the weekends.
Productive and Fun Place with a Nintendo Wii
Assembler/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 28, 2017
The Most enjoyable part of the job is being with my friends who i care about. and working for this company is good because you have your lunch breaks and you can eat your food and be able to listen to your music in peace.
Pros
Free Lunches for The Holiday parties
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive workplace and ALWAYS something to do.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at work, I come in, then I go clock in. As I walk to clock in, I see many familiar faces on my way. I see customers that have been there before, and I am greeted by them, I also see some of my coworkers who greet me with a smile as well. After I clock in, I put new merchandise on the sales floor, then I look clean up the store a bit, then I look for something else to do. At Goodwill, you could never be bored, there's always something to do. Later in the day, I take my 10 minute break, then back to the sales floor I go. Working at Goodwill was a fun experience, and you feel like a family there.
Pros
Great environment, friendly people, sweet customers that you see often
Cons
Short Breaks, pay
Only if you're looking for part time work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 22, 2016
Unless you are absolutely desperate, this is a lousy job. The pay is terrible and you're constantly fighting for hours. They're not looking for people who are dedicated and want to stay. They're just looking for bodies when they need you.
Pros
Cons
they will give you as little hours as possible, low pay
Productive workplace
Human Resource Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed working in the HR department and the new skills I learned there. I enjoyed working with people and this was a good fit for me.
I enjoyed helping out quarterly in the Rehab department as Goodwill helps people get back to work with disabilities and I helped in preparing resumes for them.
Pros
Assisting employees and public get help in returning back to work due to disabilities
Cons
New management changes overall and departments not working together as a whole.
More like a prison than an employer. Ironically called "Goodwill."
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 25, 2016
No respect for employees. No regard for them as"people." Employees talked down to. No amount of work was ever enough. Constantly being reminded that "cameras" are watching you. Don't try to plan something on your day off, they can be switched at anytime expecting you to come in. Don't bother asking for it off because then they would be playing favortism. Please don't get sick unless you are willing to spend the money to go to the doctor to tell you what you already know and could have treated yourself with over the counter meds. Without a doc note you are subject to termination. In the whole time I was there in 2 years no one took a vacation.
Typical Work Day
Wares Processor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 14, 2015
Easy work, but sometimes a burden. Great co-workers and management. fqwb vuwqnbxichsdvibfpovegv iukcvd n cuoief ewbdnojfe rc c ih nwlejbc o wevm hf nvjre ojwe nhibfvn w
Pros
Easy
Cons
hadr work
Employer of last resort
Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 15, 2015
If you are homeless and hungry, then take a job here. Otherwise keep looking. If you like words like: dignity, integrity, respect and usefulness, describing the place where you work, they will not be found there. Management works like they're on holiday. Workers work like it's an interment camp. Didn't work for me. YMMV
Pros
Employment
Cons
Everything else
Productive work enviroment to be a part of.
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 22, 2015
Laid back work place. No aggressive management procedures to belittle employees. Excellent discussion alley for all employees with different views.
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
average pay
A much better place to wok when I was there. Not as much now.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work involved opening and closing duties, cash duties, supporting associates and volunteers, and submitting reports.
I learned each employee had their own particular talent for certain duties, and assigned them accordingly. They showed me respect for that, and the respect I showed them.
The hardest part of the job was the diversity of the clientele, (customers), and learning their way of doing business. I had to set some boundaries, and explain what we could do, to their satisfaction. I did find the experience rewarding.
The hardest part of the job, was understanding why some were placed in a position of responsibility, without proper skill set; while others, who did a great job, were demoted without clear reason.
Management has gone through many changes. At this point in time, I would not like to work there.
Pros
Employee discounts, good atmosphere
Cons
Job security has become very iffy.
Rewarding positions that helps others.
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Challenging but rewarding position. I have learned to adjust to the different managerial staff technical and people skills. The coworkers are team players. The hardest part of the job is working nights or weekends when intensively training participants to perform the job duties. The most enjoyable part is assisting person with disabilities and mental illnesses maintain employment.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
low salary