Gulfstream

Gulfstream Employer Reviews

Gulfstream
Manufacturing Liaison Engineer (Current Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 9, 2014
Gulfstream is a great place to work. Management makes an effort to understand processes, Coworkers are great and pay is above standard. Paid overtime is a huge plus as well.
Employment reduction
Spare Parts Sales Rep II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2014
After 9/11 aviation business took a down fall. I was laid off
Steady job with fair benefits
Shop Hand (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no raises considered
Lots of overtime available. People are okay. Only problem is that everyone is replaceable
Commerical Build Aircrafts
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: personal design buillt aircraft
Productive environment and work ethics. Multiple Levels learning curves.
CUT THROAT
Finisher (Former Employee), GaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management egos
Gulfstream is very cut throat! If someone in management doesn't like you...you won't stand a chance. It doesn't matter if you are extremely reliable, hard working, and willing to put in extra hours.
Gulfstream Review
Avionics (Former Employee), Savannah GeorgiaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: lifetime career opportunity's
Cons: needs a larger cafeteria.
Excellent work ethic company wide. Superior management and communications. Leading edge company standards.
Had a lot of Quality AssuranceClasses
Inventory Material Specialist II (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2014
Worked a lot of long hours at Gulfstream.I leaned a lot about air craft .Pulled kits for air craft.Generated parts identification tags 307 tags.Used automated inventory system.There were a lot of classes at Gulfstream.Co-workers were good. The hardest part of my job was climbing a very tall ladder.The most enjoyable was making my parts per hour.
Manufacturing Engineer 2 (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2014
I learned to be a productive member of a highly effective team while meeting extremely strict and difficult time lines.
It was Great at One Time
Technicin (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2014
It was a great place to work until a new Director took over in 2009 and he had to insert his military style ego approach and the place has not been the same. We have some good things going on like benefits and salary is OK but the whole attitude of the company changed. I would leave but I am close to retirement so I am hanging on. Lots of favoritism – more... and condescending attitude and just outright rudeness from our Director. If the owner knew what was going on I think he would be demoted or fired. Now the other facilities don't have our problem so the company is very solid in those cities. – less
enjoyed seeing the final product
Team Leader (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 18, 2014
long days. hard work but very benefiting. co-workers were great. all and all and good company to work for
A workplace that is run by deadlines
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: intense and driven by high demands
Gulfstream Aerospace has it's pros and cons. It is very cut-throat in its atmosphere and not very secure as it is driven by consumer demands for an expensive airplane.
Aerospace
I.S. Representative to Senior Management (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 12, 2014
Pros: great career growth.
Cons: outsourcing of all of it to csc.
This was a wonderful opportunity to work in the aerospace industry. I loved everyday I worked there. The people were great. I worked mostly with senior managers and senior executives. We had a campus on sight for learning. I earned my PMP there. I had great teams that worked under me. I have great success stories working for Gulfstream. I was really – more... sad when they were bought by General Dynamics and all of IT was outsourced to CSC. However, this gave me the opportunity to move back to the mid-south to be with my children and be here for the birth of my grandchildren. – less
Company Pride
Intern (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 12, 2014
I have never worked for a company with such a high morale. In my time with Gulfstream, I found myself working with people who wanted to be there and who enjoyed their jobs.
Fun, Innovative, and Rewarding
HR (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 9, 2014
Pros: amazing opportunities
Cons: no a single con
There is no such thing as a typical work day. Each day brings its own unique challenges and excitement. The biggest lesson to learn is that positive relationships are the key to a successful career. Management works hard to produce the best product and future leaders. My coworkers are like my family. We even celebrate "Family Day", where employees are – more... allowed to bring family members to see and learn more about the company. The hardest part of my work would be the rapid growth. It is a great problem to have. The growth is also the most enjoyable part of this job. – less
Great Company
Engineer II, Final Phase G650 Engineering (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 30, 2014
Overall a pretty great company to work for. Management is a bit sketchy, but otherwise ok
Productive and fun learning enviroment.
Supplier Recovery High School Apprentice (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me consisted of, clocking in and going to my assigned working station. I would have a load and warranty quotes to process so that is what I would work on first. When I am do with the quotes, I would go ask my manager for more work to do or go assist a different team.
Top Tier Aircraft Maintenance
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 17, 2014
An aircraft maintainers dream job. If you want to turn wrenches, this is the most prestigeous place to do so.
Eclipse was a great place to work.
Propulsion, Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque nmApril 14, 2014
Great place to work. Coworkers and job overall were exceptional. fun, lively, and innovated culture.
Fast Paced Rewarding Engineering Environment
Tech Spec II - Lead / Program Manager - Standards (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 12, 2014
Pros: excellent pay grades and benefits
Gulfstream is a very progressive top notch technical company on the spear head of R&D, design, and technology in the aerospace business
Great Place to Work
Finance MBA Intern (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2014
A very professional, and enjoyable company.
Very cool to work at the Service Center and see all of the planes on a regular basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Gulfstream

Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, – Read more