Gundersen Health System

Gundersen Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Solid healthcare organization
RN (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 18, 2015
Gundersen Health System is an excellent healthcare organization. They treat their employees well and provide good benefits. Work life balance is good as they don't require mandatory overtime and are respectful with your schedule. My co-workers were great and very supportive and management listened to our concerns.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Poor cafeteria and terrible parking
amazing, knowldgabe and caring staff
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 18, 2016
Stressful environment, however coworkers worked seamlessly together to help reduce the stress. most enjoyable part of the job was making friendships that last a lifetime. Worst was the job itself, the stress and the frequent management turnovers
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many management/staff turnovers
Great People, Great Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Fantastic work environment, professional environment but easy to get along with everyone, very friendly. Good compensation and benefits, superiors did care about performance and well being
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 12, 2016
Fast paced and co-workers are wonderful resources. Most will help you through tough situations. The hardest part is handling any angry individuals but that is to be expected in healthcare. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make an impact in individual lives within job duties.
Pros
Employees willingness to help each other out. Advancement within the organization. Job security.
Cons
can't think of one yet.
I can't believe the management is allowed to continue to intimidate employees. Many have left which should be a red flag.
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 22, 2016
It's rewarding to work with patients The employees are a diverse group to work with, The work goes by quickly. Too many meetings for me. I enjoyed my co-workers, but the management is not professional. They lead by intimidation.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Management needs a major overhaul.
Bleeds professionalism
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 6, 2016
Gundersen was an excellent place to work. The training was fantastic, the team was professional, and culture was caring. Gundersen wants to see their employees succeed! Biggest mistake of my life was to leave Gundersen for a position that was offering me a few thousand more dollars. I'm hoping to get back into GHS soon.
Good place for Volunteers
Gundersen Health Systems Volunteer (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 8, 2016
I really enjoy volunteering at Gundersen. All the people I get to work around are some of the best people I know. The best part about volunteering there is being able to help those who need help. There was never anything truly difficult about volunteering at Gundersen.
Pros
6 Dollars for lunch, Volunteer days, appreciation for help
Cons
nothing
Well Certified Hospital through Joint Commision
Diagnostic X-ray tech (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIMay 15, 2016
Patient care during exams, communication with coworkers, Check expiration dates on meds, Take call to cover off hours
Great place to work and grow
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 19, 2016
Supportive management and progressive upper management walk the walk and talk the talk. Everyone truly cares about the patients.
Gundersen Health
Scheduling Specialist Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day for me is scheduleing patient for appoinments and answer phone call from patients.
I interact with Dr. and help them schedule.
I enjoy my co-workers
Hardest part of my job is scheduling patient in a timely manner.
Pros
free work out area
Cons
Drive from Home

Want to know more about Gundersen Health System?

Ask a question
Ever Changing
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJanuary 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part about my job are the patients I help and my immediate co-workers. We work so well as a team and collaborate very well about the daily almost hourly changes we review and learn to practice. We train each other on our daily job requirements.
Enjoyable workplace with mostly supportive co-workers.
Laboratory Support Technician (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 31, 2015
Days can vary from completely dead to outrageously busy, but for the most part staff just have to deal with it.
Management is good, at least from what I saw of my supervisors. He listened and did what he could with the higher levels.
The staff are friendly for the most part but can at times feel cold.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients. Entering a room and explaining why you're there only to have them groan in frustration. A joke that the 'vampires are here' was common.
Gundersen is a fun place to work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 21, 2016
Overall I like working at Gundersen. I love my co-workers and the job has its perks. I am currently looking for better opportunities.
Good Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Harmony, MNJanuary 8, 2016
The job was a good job, wasn't too bad. nice coworkers and so on and so forth. I don't feel like I should HAVE to review my previous job just to make a resume and get another job!
A challenging place to work which entices my innate ability to function in a fast pased workplace
Social Worker/Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 6, 2015
My review is best described in a personal interview. I have achieved much personal growth and satisfaction from working at Gundersen Health System. My husband relocated which is requiring me to job search as well.
Fun place to work.
Intern (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 8, 2015
Everyday was different. I would have several different projects to complete daily. Management agreed with my school schedule and made work flexible to my schedule. My co-workers were always willing to help me if I had a question or needed some advice. Hardest part about the job was leaving, but my connections with my co-workers was most enjoyable.
great place to work and learn
Radiologic Technologist LaCrosse (Current Employee) –  LaCrosse WISeptember 1, 2015
a great place to work that gives an opportunity and experience in many imaging departments. wonderful equipment and support staff.
Poor managerial structure
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Crosse WIFebruary 26, 2015
GHS prides itself on beauty, boasts it's energy independence, and dotes on it's patients while ignoring employee satisfaction and though there are many avenues to follow to voice concerns and ask for assistance, whey are all tied to the same place and HR at GHS is the biggest problem.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, lack of organizations willingness to improve obvious problems
good place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 21, 2015
Lots of opportunities, but sometimes difficult to move up or around. Seems like a lot of external hires where Gundersen used to hire a lot within. Hard to believe that out of the thousands of people that work there that majority of the open vacancies now are filled by external applicants.
Fine
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 6, 2014
Work 4 day a week including every 3rd weekend and on call. I learned a tremendous amount about nursing, patients, coworkers, delegating, prioritizing, communicating and nursing proceedures. The hardest part of the job is not always being appreciated or understood by management. The most enjoyable part is working the the many different people, especially the patients and their families. It is very gratifying to me to make people feel better and to calm worries.
Pros
variety and autonomy, connecting with people.
Cons
burn out happens quickly without strong support from the organization.

Gundersen Health System Reviews by Location