Gunderson Dettmer is looking for a full-time SQL Database Administrator to join our headquarters located on the Peninsula in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. This opportunity is ideal for people who are interested in managing a Microsoft SQL database environment for an International Law Firm with offices in the U.S. and China.
Gunderson Dettmer is one of the country's leading business law firms serving the emerging growth and technology marketplace. We represent venture capital firms, investment banks and technology companies in Silicon Valley, throughout the U.S. as well as internationally. These clients range in size from start-ups to large public companies in diverse types of transactions, including public offerings, mergers, acquisitions and venture capital financings. We are committed to being the employer of choice by working together to create an environment in which each of our people can grow, take initiative, and develop a fun, fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
You’ll join an outstanding firm that provides:
- Up to $110,000 in salary, commensurate with skills and experience
- A generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program; paid time off; life insurance; STD and LTD.
- A flexible schedule and reasonable autonomy in performing your work
- Reimbursement for job related certifications and conferences
- A team that emphasizes collaboration and cross-training
This position is ideal for people who are interested in managing a Microsoft SQL database environment. This is an opportunity well worth pursuing, you will look back and be glad you joined us.
You must be experienced with:
- Writing PL-SQL code and design (e.g. functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- SQL server tools (e.g. Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs)
- Performance tuning, query optimization, performance monitoring and other related monitoring Detecting and troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU/memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Indexes, including, but not limited to, management, checks, configuration and patching
- Backups, restores, recover models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, database mirroring and replication
- Windows servers, security delegation, SPNs and storage component
- Working knowledge of Database and Application migration protocols
We also require:
- At least 3 - 6 years relevant experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to participate in our after-hours support rotation
- The ability to work equally well in a team and on your own
Ideally you will also have:
- 4 year Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- Some experience working with project teams to plan, execute and implement reporting and software customization projects
- Some experience providing end-user technical support for reports, dashboards and/or SharePoint
- Some experience with Visual Studio and/or the Microsoft SharePoint platform
- Some familiarity with our accounting and document management systems
- Law firm experience
To apply, please respond to this posting with a copy of your resume and cover letter. If we think there is a potential match between us, we will contact you to set up a phone interview.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Gunderson Dettmer is a thriving business law firm headquartered on the Peninsula in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area.