Gurtin Fixed Income Management LLC – a dynamic, growing, independent firm providing fixed income management services to high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and families – is currently seeking a Client Relationship Associate to be part of our Relationship Management team which focuses on providing the highest level of service to the firm’s sophisticated clients and their advisors. The Client Relationship Associate we seek will join the team in our San Diego office. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of achieving results, an unwavering positive attitude, and a strong desire to take ownership of an important set of firm responsibilities.
- Manage, coordinate, and document all aspects of the new account opening process, including, but not limited to, pre-filling new account custodial paperwork and investment management agreements, confirming accurate completion of client documents, regularly communicating with custodians to assure accuracy of account set up, tracking the status of new accounts, documenting and maintaining client information using CRM applications, confirming with clients the receipt of funds, and notifying traders of funds for investment.
- Interface with various teams within the firm – including firm management – to resolve and follow up on client requests and issues, as well as provide support on special projects, including online client portal updates, marketing material preparation, and firm publication formatting.
- Support existing client accounts while ensuring that all client-related solutions are provided in the most professional manner and all client information is managed with the highest integrity.
- Help efficiently develop, document and maintain firm processes and procedures.
- Assist in general administrative duties such as answering phones, directing phone calls, and maintaining readily accessible files, as well as assisting with additional duties as needed.
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Ability to take direction from multiple parties, work independently, balance multiple deadlines, and remain detail oriented and well organized while handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Mature, innovative, self-starter with an aptitude to learn, willingness to take ownership of areas of responsibility, and a strong desire to successfully fulfill tasks from start to finish
- High level of professionalism, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a “client first” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Strong professional and character references
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Minimum of 1-2 years of client service &/or operations experience in the Financial Services industry
- Experience with Schwab Institutional forms and Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX)
Base compensation is commensurate with experience, and bonus is at the discretion of management.
Based in San Diego and Chicago, Gurtin Fixed Income Management, LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor regulated by the Investment Advisors Acts of 1940 with over $7.2 billion in assets under management. We specialize in separately managed high grade tax-exempt and taxable fixed income portfolios for high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and families, many of whom are included in the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest individuals. We also work with many independent investment consulting firms and multi-family offices to build fixed income related financial solutions that meet their clients' unique needs.
Visit www.gurtin.com for more information.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.