Based in the Solana Beach office, a .NET Developer will join a small energetic group responsible for the technology capabilities of a growing financial services company. This role will be engaged in developing custom software tools and integrations in a Microsoft .NET environment, currently using primarily C# and ASP.NET as well as SQL Server 2005/08, windows forms, and windows services. Developers at Gurtin Fixed Income have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and ongoing improvements.
This role affords an opportunity to work very closely with business users in creating new tools and features and working to expand the capabilities of existing systems (not just fixing bugs) In this environment, developers can not only see how their tools improve the firm’s operations on a daily basis, but also have the opportunity to experience dramatic and personal growth both intellectually and in their career progression. The ideal candidate will be motivated, curious, well organized, willing to learn, and have a passion for software development.
- Design and development of new tools and features for proprietary applications using C#, ASP.NET, and SQL
- Work with business users to define requirements, and help determine how tools and features will be built
- Research new tools and methods; and help integrate them into existing systems or development procedures
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and use a balanced approach to solving those problems using software
- Daily proactive monitoring and support of scheduled import/export tasks and automated reporting, escalating issues to appropriate IT staff as needed. Respond to and troubleshoot any unexpected custom software problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Motivated by and enjoys solving business problems and seeing immediate impact on business users
- Development experience with .NET platform, especially with ASP.NET and C#
- Some experience with Microsoft SQL Server, queries, procedures, and views
- Ability to work independently or with a team, plan work, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired skills (or things you will learn):
- Windows Forms, Windows Services, WPF, or ASP.NET MVC
- Automated build/deployment tools
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and advanced Microsoft Excel Functions
- Industry-standard tools like Advent APX, Bloomberg, and IDC BondEdge
- Background dealing with individual investment accounts, and/or fixed income
Base compensation is commensurate with experience, and bonus is at the discretion of management. This is a full time position and includes all benefits provided to full-time employees of the firm.
Based in San Diego and Chicago, Gurtin Fixed Income Management, LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor regulated by the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 with over $6 billion in assets currently under management. The firm manages discretionary fixed income portfolios for ultra high net worth clients, family offices, and investment consulting firms and two limited partnership investment funds.
Visit www.gurtin.com for more information