Gustavus Adolphus College

Gustavus Adolphus College Employee Reviews

Very fun and Great job.
Manager (Former Employee), Saint Peter, MNFebruary 27, 2015
Awesome collegiate job to have. Would not have wanted any other job. I learned a lot on how to deal with people throughout my years of experience.
Fun place to work, not difficult, social.
Head Campus Safety Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Peter, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: perks include food, prestige, can do homework during work, hours
Cons: will work late nights
This is a great job, the day goes quick, you'll spend time doing rounds, data entry, and managing workers.
The management does really well considering the amount of dropouts in the student employment sector.
You will work late at nights at time, but it is rather easy going.
Art Assistant typical day at job
Art Department Teaching Assistant/Aide (Current Employee), Saint Peter, MNJanuary 18, 2015
Because it is work study at school, the job is really flexible at hours and pay rate is always low minimum. At times the job give us projects at minimal states but at times too much to handle. Supervisors are super nice about your problems if you cant make it that day for work. The hardest part about the job is trying to fit in all your hours in a week, and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in an art field that I want to.
Geology Museum Curator (Current Employee), St. Peter MNAugust 27, 2014
It's not as much of the "place" as it is the "people" that work there. Working in one of the science departments had its ups and downs, but it was always an enjoyable day when I was able to collaborate with my colleagues.
Great work-study job with a flexible schedule.
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Peter, MNAugust 2, 2014
Worked as an Athletic assistant under the work-study program at Gustavus under one of my swim coaches.
Wonderful community
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee), Saint Peter, MNFebruary 4, 2014
It was always a joy to work with students and faculty in the Gustavus community, as everyone was very kind, thoughtful and considerate. It was my pleasure to contribute to the campus culture and help further their causes.
A challenging setting
Print and Mail Services (Current Employee), Saint Peter, MNAugust 7, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no growth oppurtunity
My time at Gustavus was a learning experience from day one. I dealt with a diverse demographic, ranging from faculty, to students, to Vice Presidents. I learned to put a smile on my face and do the best job possible with what I was given. We had many unique and challenging requests, many with the added pressure of NO room for error. My co-workers were competent in their duties and I felt I could rely on them if I had questions. A difficult part of the job was being asked for input and not getting backing from management. The time with my student employees however was very rewarding and enjoyable.
Great environment and awesome people to work with.
Writer at Office of Marketing and Communications (Current Employee), Saint Peter, MNMay 10, 2012
I work independently on stories in which I interview different organizations or groups and write a feature story about it. The hardest part of the job is not getting feedback on my stories to make progress.
Expérience universitaire
Etudiant en Maîtrise / Assistant en français (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 28, 2014
double casquette de professeur de français et d'étudiant en économie. L'année 2001 fut particulière pour un passionné de politique du point de vue américain.