Guthrie Health Employee Reviews

would be great if changes were made
PSS (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 28, 2017
a typical work day- checking in around 100-200 patients, mostly fast paced and enjoyable. It would be a great place to work if management would address and handle issues between co-workers and the staff actually worked together as a team. There are many different departments in the clinic. Even though we are categorized by department, WE ARE ALL STILL GUTHRIE and need to act as a team!
Pros
Routine hours, hour lunch, great benefits
Cons
very low pay
The day after my last, was the best day of my life...
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 10, 2017
Incompetent and nepotistic management.
Constant drama and bickering.
Lazy co-workers.
In 3yrs working there, I saw my manager 3 times, all of which to be belittled.
Be prepared to be looked down upon.

The Environment Services Department is the worst place to work.
Pros
I received a paycheck
Cons
Read my review
Enjoyed working with the staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Working with the staff and physicians was great. Working with the patients even better. Learned many things while working in all the different departments.
Pros
patient care
Cons
few breaks
Family oriented
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Guthrie and was very upset when a medical condition made me leave. I enjoyed working with and for my patients, you get to know em
Progressive and Innovative Healthcare System
Director, Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 25, 2017
Overall, I would rate Guthrie a 4 out of 5 stars as a place to work. They are an innovative and progressive organization with a strong mission as well as values. The organization has strong senior leadership and they know what they are doing in today's tough healthcare climate.
Pros
There's support for staff and management, if they ask, I have never seen an CHRO who rolled up their sleeves, go into the trenches, and support all levels of staff, The pay and benefits are competitive
Cons
The existing work culture can be difficult to change, motivate, and engage, Long hours and very little work/life balance but that's everywhere you go, Parking is a nightmare
Former evs
Evs (Former Employee) –  CorningJune 30, 2017
I loved my job at the hospital,i enjoyed what I did everyday,the nurses were great,tbr problem was the EVS manger James Bentley horrible boss no leader skills very none caring person,has favorites employees treats others like trash, thing in the EVS department are horrible a few of the cleaners shouldn't be cleaners,alot of drama, also drug users in the department that nothing is done about that,if there was a different manger in that department it would be a wonderful place to work
worked with a lot of grate people who loved to help others just as much as I did.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 20, 2017
I loved going to work, i looked forward to helping the people on my unit and there families. I got to expand my training and help more then I could unlike at the nursing home that i worked at before the hospital. I met alot of strong inspiring nurses that i looked up to a lot. I also got benefits and and 40 hours a week and decent pay. The hardest part of the job was when people would pass away but as time went on I was able to handle it and deal with it much better then at first. i love the medical field and helping and caring for others.
Pros
full time, benefits, decent pay, helping take care of others, good staff to work with.
Guthrie makes sure that their employees are trained to take care of the patients
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 1, 2017
I would start my day by looking at all 8 doctors schedules and seeing who needs me to help them the most. I log into the computer and start rooming patients. I go to collect all the necessary instruments and tools that are needed for the day.
Pros
Patients are the priority
Cons
Employees are not given enough encouragement
Pss
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 26, 2017
I greatly enjoy helping patients, working as a team, and providing input to help promote better patient care and community. I have also enjoyed working with several local, out of state, & out of the country companies in this position as well.
pleasant work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 25, 2017
We were a Family. Both on a work level and a personal level.
Guthrie was there for everyone. They had a support system for whatever situation arose. They had your back.
Pros
support for the community ie: Relay for Life, Health Care Week was awesome
Cons
Employee turnover rate
They are purging 30 million in salary
OpenVMS system manager (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAFebruary 24, 2017
too stressful to continue there. No appreciation of key employees. But I enjoy building and maintaining clusters. They are purging 30 million in salary by July 2017.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
too much undue stress
Positive and rewarding work environment
REGIONAL FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Big Flats, NYApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of:

Checking in/out patients
Collecting copays and balances
Scheduling appts/ procedures
Prior authorizations and pre-certifications.
Faxing notes to doctors
Sending refill requests to the nurses
Phones
Entering charges
General Office Duties

I learned a great deal working with the various specialists that rotated in through the week at our office. I established and maintained great relationships/friendships with physicians and staff.

The hardest part of the job was seeing some very sick people daily.

The most enjoyable would be seeing sick people getting well again, establishing a good relationship with patients and with colleagues.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Being able to use PTO was difficult do to coverage
Very nice Office and co workers.
Medical Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PASeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed the people and staff that I worked with. Never felt like a job, just something I enjoyed going to everyday. Learned a lot and will always be grateful to them in their education that they gave me.
Pros
Enjoyed every day and learned everyday.
Cons
none for me.
extremely busy place to work
visit coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 8, 2015
I have learned so much working there. A typical day at work is answering multi-line phones, scheduling appointments at multiple locations with multiple providers. When the phones would be a little slower, we would verify workers comp, justify escreen checks with valid appointments and refile to get paid for the ones that did not get paid. Had a great manager who you could go to anytime for help and she always helped you. I worked with several co-workers who were just amazing people as well, got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was remembering the thousands of companies that we dealt with daily, because third party billers were involved and they changed a lot. I have to say the most enjoyable part of the day was that there was not much down time and it helped your day go by faster and the variety of people that I got to meet over the phones. I really enjoy talking to people and getting to know them
Pros
cafeteria food was amazing
Cons
department was under staffed
Productive work environment
EVS Aide, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 23, 2015
The comraderie and teamwork I experienced here was refreshing. No matter what needed to be done, it was done well and on time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
time restrictions
great place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMarch 2, 2015
Love to learn new things and help people out. I am a very hard worker. helping patients and coworkers,

sometimes it is hard when you deal with difficult patients but no matter where you go you deal with that.
Pros
helping people
Cons
sometimes long hours
billing
patient accounts (Former Employee) –  sayre, paAugust 23, 2014
The job was great. But the office drama was terrible. We got a new supervisor that knows nothing about the job but makes us work het reports while she can play on the computer and call in her pets and talk to them all day while the people who know their jobs do both of theirs.. very unprofessional work environment.. Supervisors don't care for their employees. Our boss would preach to be positive but then be whispering about you the next second.. very immature and unprofessional.
Pros
Job security
Cons
bullying bosses, poor work env'ironment, catty woman
Employees are full of energy and very helpful
Kitchen Aide/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 1, 2014
Working with Guthrie was a good experience because I was around so many professional nurses and doctors and heath managers and technicians who are a good motivation for my future goals in hiring my education and job experience in order to get a great career. My managers were friendly and hands on and I felt like I could go to them without an issue. The hardest part of the job is being the lowest on the totem pool in a hospital. Being around motivated people and meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of any job.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
Hot atmosphere
Has potential
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 21, 2014
A typical day at work varies on the what assigned tasks we have that day. For record room, we pull anywhere from 6 to 10 lists for providers with an average of 22-28 patients per list. Prep the chart for the visit and the technician, file away just as many charts through out the day all the while multi tasking with emergency requests and messages, add ons we have to find any missing charts that have not been located for the next days lists, fill in any messages, include but not limited to answering phones, verifying insurance, making and cancelling appointments, and any and all requests from technicians and providers or higher staff.
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
not very organized and still using paper charts
Solid healthcare provider
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 27, 2014
Gained alot in healthcare knowledge and was able to use my marketing and project management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guthrie Health. Our community is ready to answer.