Guthrie Health

Guthrie Health Employer Reviews

Has potential
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Sayre, PAJune 21, 2014
Pros: an hour for lunch
Cons: not very organized and still using paper charts
A typical day at work varies on the what assigned tasks we have that day. For record room, we pull anywhere from 6 to 10 lists for providers with an average of 22-28 patients per list. Prep the chart for the visit and the technician, file away just as many charts through out the day all the while multi tasking with emergency requests and messages, add – more... ons we have to find any missing charts that have not been located for the next days lists, fill in any messages, include but not limited to answering phones, verifying insurance, making and cancelling appointments, and any and all requests from technicians and providers or higher staff. – less
Solid healthcare provider
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Sayre, PAMay 27, 2014
Gained alot in healthcare knowledge and was able to use my marketing and project management skills
Good experience
Desktop/Network Analyst (Former Employee), Sayre, PAApril 8, 2014
Cons: distance
I learned a lot of different things in a great deal of different areas. A lot of the people down there are really nice and easy to get along with. It was a wonderful place to work.
Positive managment
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Amazing family practice providers
Great hours of operation
Great teamwork
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sayre, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: works well around appointments
Cons: n/a
Worked very well as a team/family. Everybody is friendly and cares about each other as well as our patients.
Love employees that I work with.Company considers you just a number.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Sayre PA 18840November 29, 2013
Pros: m-f/great insurance
Cons: poor pay
Nice job for family person. Pay not so great, but insurance is great.
Team work among co-workers
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sarye, PaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little to no breaks
a typical day at work would contain taking care of patients needs such as bathing, dressing and prepping for any procured that they may be going for. I learned how to manage my time, take Blood pressures, pulse, temperatures, EKG's, and check blood sugars on patients. On of the challenge of the job is the time management between work and family. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many different people and helping them. – less
Great employer for 18 years
Clinical MOA/EMG Technician (Current Employee), Sayre, PAOctober 10, 2013
I was able to work independently and was trusted. Had great co-workers and great patient relationships.
working with happy and enjoyable staff
Front Office Assistant Family Practice (Former Employee), Athens, PAAugust 11, 2013
a typical day at the office was to open the doors turn on phones check mail, check in check out patients inter act with the Doctors kepp office clean and tighty up waiting room.
Fast pace and challenging job that pushes me to grow personally and professionally everyday I work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Corning, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: offers personal growth, offers professional growth, challenging, rewarding
Cons: unpredictable, stressful, 24 hours a day, work holidays
A typical work day at Guthrie Healthcare Systems includes assisting an unknown number of patients that present with simple to very critical health problems. I have to make their visit positive while doing the same with family members. Co-workers can be challenging as some of them have worked there longer than I have and don't believe change can be good. – more... I have learned to be patient with them, patients, family and myself. The hardest part of my job is staying positive during some of the most stressful moments of an ER. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference in a person's life, no matter how minor it might seem to me. – less
Great Co-Workers
Secretary / Occupational Medicine (Current Employee), Sayre, PAJuly 5, 2013
I have learned a lot administratively. I enjoy the challenge this job brings.
Mid sized regional medical center with a great work culture amongst the nursing staff. Leadership has depeneded on this loyatly for many years.
Charge nurse (Current Employee), Sayre,PAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great place to live.
Cons: limited job opportunity and growth
Premier health care employer in specific area. Rural setting, thus the number of medical centers is limited, but Guthrie stands out for its heads above care beyond the small town atmosphere.
Unorganized and poor communication
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sayre, PAJune 23, 2013
I am a former employee and there was alot of drama and we were
frequently short-staffed which is difficult in a busy department.
It was a good job
Regional Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sayre,PAJune 11, 2013
I was a float and traveled to different physicians offices with in the NY-PA Region. I enjoyed doing this because there were different things every day.
Don't follow the values and Mission Statement set by Sayre
RFCO (Former Employee), IthacaFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: some good doctors and nurses
Cons: forgotten patients, aren't notified when appts. cancelled, too much gossip.
Ithaca Office - Catty women
HIPPA violations
Patients waiting for an hour or more - Arrived and forgotten
Trained in Sayre and everything done differently in Ithaca. Would not want to be a patient there knowing that the office help, LPN's, etc. are talking about you.
SS# are given where everyone can hear.
Administrator does not deal with the "real" – more... problems.
Hardest part....using my integrity, morals and ethics when many lack the same.
Stressful, blaming others, no one wants to say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake". It is always someone elses fault.
I understand that this type of thing happens in other medical facilities. – less
great experience
LPN (Former Employee), Corning, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: hard work with little reward
very hard work. great experience . Great experience with co workers.
Nice place to work.
Lpn (Former Employee), Sayre, PADecember 5, 2012
Pros: nice christmas party.weekends off.
Cons: some co-workers hard to work with.
Nice place to work. People are friendly,willing to help each other.Very productive,patients were seen in a timely manner.Rooming Patients fast enough was the hardest part.