Guthrie Health Employee Reviews

extremely busy place to work
visit coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 8, 2015
I have learned so much working there. A typical day at work is answering multi-line phones, scheduling appointments at multiple locations with multiple providers. When the phones would be a little slower, we would verify workers comp, justify escreen checks with valid appointments and refile to get paid for the ones that did not get paid. Had a great manager who you could go to anytime for help and she always helped you. I worked with several co-workers who were just amazing people as well, got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was remembering the thousands of companies that we dealt with daily, because third party billers were involved and they changed a lot. I have to say the most enjoyable part of the day was that there was not much down time and it helped your day go by faster and the variety of people that I got to meet over the phones. I really enjoy talking to people and getting to know them
Pros
cafeteria food was amazing
Cons
department was under staffed
Don't follow the values and Mission Statement set by Sayre
RFCO (Former Employee) –  IthacaFebruary 22, 2013
Ithaca Office - Catty women
HIPPA violations
Patients waiting for an hour or more - Arrived and forgotten
Trained in Sayre and everything done differently in Ithaca. Would not want to be a patient there knowing that the office help, LPN's, etc. are talking about you.
SS# are given where everyone can hear.
Administrator does not deal with the "real" problems.
Hardest part....using my integrity, morals and ethics when many lack the same.
Stressful, blaming others, no one wants to say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake". It is always someone elses fault.
I understand that this type of thing happens in other medical facilities.
Pros
some good doctors and nurses
Cons
forgotten patients, aren't notified when appts. cancelled, too much gossip.
Fast pace and challenging job that pushes me to grow personally and professionally everyday I work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 7, 2013
A typical work day at Guthrie Healthcare Systems includes assisting an unknown number of patients that present with simple to very critical health problems. I have to make their visit positive while doing the same with family members. Co-workers can be challenging as some of them have worked there longer than I have and don't believe change can be good. I have learned to be patient with them, patients, family and myself. The hardest part of my job is staying positive during some of the most stressful moments of an ER. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference in a person's life, no matter how minor it might seem to me.
Pros
offers personal growth, offers professional growth, challenging, rewarding
Cons
unpredictable, stressful, 24 hours a day, work holidays
Has potential
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 21, 2014
A typical day at work varies on the what assigned tasks we have that day. For record room, we pull anywhere from 6 to 10 lists for providers with an average of 22-28 patients per list. Prep the chart for the visit and the technician, file away just as many charts through out the day all the while multi tasking with emergency requests and messages, add ons we have to find any missing charts that have not been located for the next days lists, fill in any messages, include but not limited to answering phones, verifying insurance, making and cancelling appointments, and any and all requests from technicians and providers or higher staff.
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
not very organized and still using paper charts
billing
patient accounts (Former Employee) –  sayre, paAugust 23, 2014
The job was great. But the office drama was terrible. We got a new supervisor that knows nothing about the job but makes us work het reports while she can play on the computer and call in her pets and talk to them all day while the people who know their jobs do both of theirs.. very unprofessional work environment.. Supervisors don't care for their employees. Our boss would preach to be positive but then be whispering about you the next second.. very immature and unprofessional.
Pros
job security
Cons
bullying bosses, poor work env'ironment, catty woman
Employees are full of energy and very helpful
Kitchen Aide/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 1, 2014
Working with Guthrie was a good experience because I was around so many professional nurses and doctors and heath managers and technicians who are a good motivation for my future goals in hiring my education and job experience in order to get a great career. My managers were friendly and hands on and I felt like I could go to them without an issue. The hardest part of the job is being the lowest on the totem pool in a hospital. Being around motivated people and meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of any job.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
hot atmosphere
Team work among co-workers
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarye, PaOctober 30, 2013
a typical day at work would contain taking care of patients needs such as bathing, dressing and prepping for any procured that they may be going for. I learned how to manage my time, take Blood pressures, pulse, temperatures, EKG's, and check blood sugars on patients. On of the challenge of the job is the time management between work and family. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many different people and helping them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little to no breaks
Mid sized regional medical center with a great work culture amongst the nursing staff. Leadership has depeneded on this loyatly for many years.
Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Sayre,PAJuly 1, 2013
Premier health care employer in specific area. Rural setting, thus the number of medical centers is limited, but Guthrie stands out for its heads above care beyond the small town atmosphere.
Pros
great place to live.
Cons
limited job opportunity and growth
great place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMarch 2, 2015
Love to learn new things and help people out. I am a very hard worker. helping patients and coworkers,

sometimes it is hard when you deal with difficult patients but no matter where you go you deal with that.
Pros
helping people
Cons
sometimes long hours
working with happy and enjoyable staff
Front Office Assistant Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Athens, PAAugust 11, 2013
a typical day at the office was to open the doors turn on phones check mail, check in check out patients inter act with the Doctors kepp office clean and tighty up waiting room.
Good experience
Desktop/Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 8, 2014
I learned a lot of different things in a great deal of different areas. A lot of the people down there are really nice and easy to get along with. It was a wonderful place to work.
Cons
distance
Nice place to work.
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PADecember 5, 2012
Nice place to work. People are friendly,willing to help each other.Very productive,patients were seen in a timely manner.Rooming Patients fast enough was the hardest part.
Pros
nice christmas party.weekends off.
Cons
some co-workers hard to work with.
It was a good job
Regional Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sayre,PAJune 11, 2013
I was a float and traveled to different physicians offices with in the NY-PA Region. I enjoyed doing this because there were different things every day.
Productive work environment
EVS Aide, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 23, 2015
The comraderie and teamwork I experienced here was refreshing. No matter what needed to be done, it was done well and on time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
time restrictions
Unorganized and poor communication
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 23, 2013
I am a former employee and there was alot of drama and we were
frequently short-staffed which is difficult in a busy department.
Love employees that I work with.Company considers you just a number.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sayre PA 18840November 29, 2013
Nice job for family person. Pay not so great, but insurance is great.
Pros
m-f/great insurance
Cons
poor pay
Great teamwork
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Worked very well as a team/family. Everybody is friendly and cares about each other as well as our patients.
Pros
works well around appointments
Cons
n/a
Great employer for 18 years
Clinical MOA/EMG Technician (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAOctober 10, 2013
I was able to work independently and was trusted. Had great co-workers and great patient relationships.
Solid healthcare provider
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 27, 2014
Gained alot in healthcare knowledge and was able to use my marketing and project management skills
Great Co-Workers
Secretary / Occupational Medicine (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 5, 2013
I have learned a lot administratively. I enjoy the challenge this job brings.