Guthy-Renker Employee Reviews

Very Stressful Destructive to Self Esteem
Consumer Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJuly 17, 2016
I've been with the company for 3 years, it's been an uphill battle all the way. I needed the job so I stuck it out and tried to make a success of it. Each time I managed to advance, management would change and knock me and others back down the org chart. The pay is low, they're requiring mandatory overtime. I want my life back!
Pros
Insurance Benefits
Cons
Eveything else
Productive and Energetic place to Start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 6, 2016
For the year that I was at Guthy-Renker I learned it was a great place with good co-workers and a nice break room. Call volume was High but you get great chances of advancement quickly.
Pros
High Advancement Rate, Friendly Environment
Cons
Management can be intimidating
Billing Agent (Current Employee) –  Arden, NC 28704May 21, 2016
The company looks after the employees and even celebrates them. The co-workers are gossipy. There are lots of rumors floating around about people from others that don;t know them.

The work flow is good and if you run out of work there is always something to do. But I find that if you work at a steady pace you never run out of work.
Pros
occasional free food, lots of work, Good supervisors in billing
Cons
gossips
Could be better
Director (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaMay 20, 2015
There are always pros and cons to every workplaces.

Typical day consists of putting out fires and managing up. Spend most of my time correcting other people's assumptions and to calm the panicking execs whenever they hear inaccurate information.

Pros: There are really talented and intelligent people working here.

Cons: Unfortunately, the only ones who get noticed are the ones that take credit for other people's work, hoard information and keep others out of the loop, and interrupt others in meetings so they can be the most boisterous. Those who are "seemingly" intelligent by regurgitating facts in front of executives, are the ones that deemed "valuable" and are rewarded. While those who work hard, who actually contribute to the bottom line, do not get noticed.

With new management, there seems to be a trend of people trying to prove their value. That translates into throwing others under the bus. It's difficult to trust others.
Great company, Room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Great culture, great management. Unified Team and room for advancement and growth. I have no complaints about this company.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Pay could be hight
Very corporate
Project Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of meetings and work
They did not promote employee relationships
Management was focused and driven but they were not micromanagers
My co-workers were very driven but unsocial
The hardest part of the job was being isolated to only my projects and not being in an environment that had no culture
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCNovember 16, 2015
A day at my job consist of help agent with calls, take over supervisor request calls when needed on the phones. I normally send email request at supervisor level with either billing, processing refunds or update accounts.
Work hard play hard
Office Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 13, 2015
Worked for G|R during a period of post lay-offs, rebuilding, restructuring. Its a great environment if your willing to pull up your sleeves and do some dirty work. Always felt appreciated.
Large company making changes- moving in the right direction
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 13, 2015
Guthy-Renker has been a top direct marketing business for decades but has struggled to make the full transition in to the digital age. They are making huge strides to get up to speed and leave the past behind. Future is looking bright for those looking to join G-R.
Great experience
Private Asst / Property Mgr to Co-Founder (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAJuly 17, 2015
The founders of the company are the most incredible men you could ever work for. They are humble and kind. Great work environment and great company.
Pros
Cons
None I can think of

Want to know more about Guthy-Renker?

Ask a question
Excellent Company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Worked From HomeMarch 28, 2015
As a Customer Service Representative who was an AT HOME AGENT, the job could get boring with it's monotony. You were tied to a computer for 8 hours with two (2) 15 minute breaks, and a thirty (30) minute break for lunch. Each call lasted an average of 4-5 minutes. You were pretty drained at the end of work..
Good Learning Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaMay 21, 2012
Productive work environment. Hardest part are the long hours. Most enjoyable is I have room to grow here.
Great company
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 3, 2014
Shows employee appreciation with various recognitions and very competitive pay scale.
Guthy-Renker is fun
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Very nice people to work with. They are very open to new ideas and you can enjoy the diversity of their teams. It is in a very good location with lots of options for good food. The most enjoyable part for me is not doing the same thing over and over again everyday.
Csutomer Service
At Home Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Customize Customers accounts and resolve Customer issues in a timely and professional manner. Live chat and responding to emails.
Pros
Work At Home
Cons
Lack of Communication
loving fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCDecember 9, 2013
the one thing i enjoy most about my job is the meeting of interesting peoples and helping them meet their personal needs
Pros
work from home
Cons
lunch break