GUTHY RENKER Employee Reviews

My routine
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 17, 2015
Project Manager for Many brands,Leading a team, cross functional team, rolling out of new products, Product management, professional services, Technical Support.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed working here and learning how to process images and also scan images. I loved going to work and making friends with management and co workers. I just wish that the hourly compensation was better.
Bustling but pleasant work enviroment
Live chat agent (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCSeptember 29, 2015
This was a temp job. A day consisted of responding to live chats on three different product websites, responding to customer's emails and making account changes accordingly, and processing returns. The work environment was pleasant. The hardest part of the job was learning the large amount of product information in a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part was getting to try something new.
Pros
good breaks, pleasant work enviroment, decent pay
Cons
temporary job, lots of technical issues in systems, long driving distance
Every day brings something new
FULFILLMENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 29, 2015
I have learned to be flexible in all areas and that change is something to be embraced and not feared. It is also important to learn to multi-task.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Insurance
Lot of Politics and too many managers sitting on your head
QA (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica CAMarch 28, 2015
Only thing good there is salary.
Everybody is in panic mode there with fake smile.
Too much micro manage.
No time flexibility.
Even if you work on weekend or till 1 am on weekday, it is not recognized.
Even if your all projects are done before time or you help others is not recognized but time off for doctor's appointment becomes a big deal.
Typical work hours are about 10 hrs.
Pros
Salary, encourage to learn new stuff so that you can do more things.
Cons
no work life balance, management
fun place to work but supervisors sucked.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 24, 2015
I worked there for a short time. It was enjoyable. My last supervisor was not fair. I am diabetic and she brought treats and knowing I am diabetic she didn't bring any for me to enjoy. Before going to her team I was getting all green in my stats. Then going to her team my stats were in the red. She helped others with improving but when I asked for help she ignored me and told me she didn't have time.
fun place except no flexible hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington LouisianaApril 10, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job at Guthy Renker. I enjoy a fast paced environment. Minus the shifts I wouldnt mind going back if they were open again.
Productive and fast-paced enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 8, 2014
A normal work day for me included answering up to 80 calls per shift. What i love most about Guthy-Renker is that there was so much room for advancement within the company.
Okay place to work
Director - International Brand Marketing (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 21, 2013
Typical Direct Reponse company to work for. A lot of changes in the past couple of years.
Non-Productive
Agent (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 26, 2013
* answer calls and help the customer to the best of my ability

* learned to never use proactive

* management, not understating and not helpful

*co-workers nice

*most enjoyable part of my job was getting my paycheck
Pros
paycheck
Cons
short breaks
Harsh conditions with small compensation
Care Sales Agent, Cosmetic Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 18, 2013
I enjoyed helping others find what it was they were looking for but I spent most of my calls helping those disatisfied with their product and unhappy that the company continued to send them product without notice. I enjoyed easing the customer and assuring them that I was there to help. I did not enjoy however that the customers did this by constantly using blasphemy towards the company. There was a time when a disabled woman was struggling to order product and my manager began to hassle me for taking so long to help her. I felt unappreciated due to the fact that my job was to help these clients and that also her order was HUGE and the company was making money off of it. My co-workers were incredibly supportive and always there in times of crisis or frustration with the company poilicy.
Pros
helping customers, solving problems, being acknowledged as a great employee
Cons
short breaks, unrealistic expecations when helping those with financial instability