Four decades after its founding, the Guttmacher Institute remains the global leader in advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights. Through its interrelated program of research, policy analysis and public education, the Institute works to generate new ideas, encourage enlightened public debate and promote sound policy and program development. The Institute’s overarching goal is to ensure the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health for all people worldwide.
The Human Resources/Finance Administrative Assistant supports the overall Human Resources and Finance functions. S/he will provide administrative support to the HR Manager on staffing, compensation and benefits administration, compliance, and HRIS maintenance. S/he will also support the Controller on reconciling accounts and processing payroll.
- Assists in drafting and editing job descriptions and position announcements;
- Posts position announcements through outlets designed to reach targeted audiences; monitors costs and applicant source lists;
- Assists in sorting and screening applicants, and routing applicants to appropriate hiring teams;
- Schedules applicant interviews and reserves appropriate meeting spaces;
- Assists in maintaining timely correspondence with candidates;
- Enters candidate data into background check portal and assists in scheduling reference checks;
- Assists with the on-boarding process including communication with new hires, verifying I-9 and other documentation, and schedules orientations;
- Maintains physical and electronic employee files with confidentiality and security;
- Maintains HRIS (ADP Workforce Now), benefit portals including health, retirement, and ancillary benefits;
- Assists in the review and processing of monthly invoices;
- Assists with all employee education, special events, open enrollment, and health & wellness programs;
- Updates regularly the Human Resources Intranet portal, emergency staff lists, and other informational resources for employees;
- Tracks the progress of performance evaluations and other time sensitive employee communications;
- Assists in drafting memorandums, general correspondence, reports and presentation materials as required;
- Assists in fielding questions from employees and routes them appropriately; and
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Updates employee changes in ADP PayExpert during each semi-monthly payroll;
- Assists in preparing and processing semi-monthly payroll;
- Processes cash receipts and maintains cash log;
- Organizes and files journal entries;
- Distributes credit card statements to staff;
- Alerts staff of un-submitted expense reports;
- Assists with preparing the monthly government expenditure report;
- Arranges project reports for monthly meetings as well as the annual audit; and
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Human Resources and Finance supporting role;
- Familiar with HRIS; ADP Workforce Now and PayExpert a plus;
- Strong with Word and Excel spreadsheets;
- Must demonstrate initiative and good judgment;
- Excellent customer (employee) service skills and ability to work with all levels of staff;
- Strong and effective time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail, and monitors own work to ensure quality;
- Ability to appropriately handle and process confidential and sensitive information;
- Highly dependable and punctual; and
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
Salary and Benefits:
Mid to high $40Ks commensurate with experience; excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, commuting subsidy, and generous time off.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Guttmacher Institute, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038; Fax: 212-248-1951; E-mail: Please include in the subject line your first and last name and title of position you are applying for.
Please note that no telephone calls will be accepted.
No agencies please.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.