GW Medical Faculty Associates Employee Reviews

Professional Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me was very productive in a peaceful atmosphere with great people. The hardest part of my job was when I was laid off, and had to say good-bye to such nice co-workers. We were a dynamic team who's mindset was if you fail I fail, team work makes the dream work!
Pros
Often having free lunch from meetings!
Cons
Being laid off
Shaky future
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 12, 2017
MFA was a wonderful organization until a major restructuring occurred. Management tries to act transparent while folks are secretly laid off. The work place culture is work, work and more work while you are paid very little. Management enforcing accountability company wide is a joke.

The hardest part of the job is doing more work without more money. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient or colleague overcome a challenge.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low pay
Productive workplace with learning and growing abilities.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Productive work place where team work is key. Always having a open door to express concerns in bettering the work flow of the clinic. The multicultural environment came as a plus when making final decisions because every different option mattered. Working with this company I never experienced patient complaints in my department. We strive on having patient leave with a smile. Management always made themselves available to every employees concern and worked out the best solution for each individual. I was able to advance more in medical terminology, patient care and multitasking with each Physician. Some parts of the job that seemed hardest was the attempt to make everyday a great day. Having the knowledge that some patients come in and leave with the worst news of their life made some days hard, but there is also a bright side. Knowing that you can encourage that patient by informing them know that is it not the end is most enjoyable to me.
No Comment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2016
GW MFA was a different kind of place to work. The people for the most part were nice but the complaints were always the same. Management didn't care about the employees concerns.
Apply at your own risk
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCDecember 7, 2016
Its a good place to work if your just starting out, there is no room for advancement and the upper management hold you back from going into a higher and better position. There aren't many benefits and there isn't much to come to work for. There is always something going on there is a lack of communication and the is a major lack of organization.
A day in the call center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2016
Messaging doctor's for patients and vice versa
Scheduling patients appointments
Assisting irate patients to my best ability
Transferring and providing general information to patients
Registering new patients into the system
Meetings with medical departments on how to better assist patients with medical needs
Reviewing and providing medical information to affiliated or mutual doctors for a patient
Pros
I was able to help patients
Fertility Nurse Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2016
Good work environment, great downtown location, expensive parking. Expensive health and dental insurance. Friendly staff and connected well with patients.
The MFA could be a positive place to work if people didn't gossip so much
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
I enjoy some of the individuals i work with, i just wish the work load was evenly separated. I also wish there would be a little bit more of organization with everything!.
Working at GW
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR & CIO (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2016
You team will become family and sad when they leave the company when you have a good relationship with them. The hardest part is communication with departments when projects are involved and not returning calls or given updates ahead of time.
Pros
Free breakfast once a wk
Cons
Underpaid, Administrative staff force to arrive to work when there is a snow storm.
Enjoyable cowokers
Compliance Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
There really isn't a typical day at MFA, every day brings new adventures. Being here I have learned how to do CMS audits as well as CERTs.
productive
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDJanuary 18, 2016
productive and fun day to work. working with my coworker has made the work more easy. my management is best, she is very understanding.
changes
office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2016
Its ok nothing major to say right now as the company is going through major upper management changes and fail to communicate with employees
Excellent Company to Work for
QUALITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2015
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Emergency Medicine, International Programs is an excellent company to work for. They have great leadership, outstanding compensation and fantastic benefits.
Administrative Assistant
Front Desk Liaison/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDMay 12, 2015
Cultivating administrative professional with pervasive years of experience working in business healthcare environment. Eagerly pursuing a position where my skills of satisfactory client driven customer relations will be utilized and appraised.
Management has poor communication skills and management training.
Customer Service/Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
I would not recommend employment in the Customer Service/Business Office department. Poor management skills and the department has a high turn over rate due to poor management and communication skills. Not an inviting place to work and staff is belittled by management. In addition Customer Service management will not allow career advancement within the company.
Ready for a new professional opportunity.
Medical Assistant for Orthopedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Washington.dcMay 3, 2015
I love what I do; I enjoy the versatility of medical assisting. I can contribute to the way the office operates. I especially like working directly with patients. Working with patients who know who I am motivates me to provide excellent care.
I work for a doctor who specializes in Orthopedics Surgery. I make sure the patients have a understanding of their surgeries and are comfortable with the post operation directions. They need someone to understand, listen to them, and treat with the best bedside care, I am that person.
The hardest part about my job is there are no opportunities for growth. My goal is to join a physician group that values company culture, advancement and a warm friendly environment.
Very exceptional company with great benefits
Assist a variety of specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2015
MFA is a highly reputable organization with excellent benefits. However, advancement and growth opportunities aren't that great.
inefficient, growing too fast
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2014
Some travel opportunities but overall, company cares 10x more about the doctors than admin personnel. Nice coworkers but management needs more training. Very inefficient company. Most processes are still paper. Promises to make things electronic but it never happens.
Pros
great coworkers, but the good ones tend to leave
Cons
didnt feel appreciated, no snow days
excellent management;always allow you to advance
Call Center, Advanced Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2013
I work in the call center at GW Medical Faculty Associates as an Advance Scheduler. I schedule for the whole department of medicine thru phone and by email from internal physician and from patients. I also check voicemail 3 times a day from patient or physician whom leave message for a return call for various reason. I have learned to become a better time player; to work under pressure and to make every person feels important.

The management team always advancing the department so all the employee will continue to advance their learning so everyone will have a chances to advance to an higher position.

My co-worker are great to work with we treat everyone like family. We always helping each other.

The hardest part of my job is that I can not always help every patient's due to a situation that is not under my control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient's and knowing that my services will and have made a differences in someone life.
Productive workplace
Pharmacy/Oncology Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2012
A very detailed, courteous and compassionate patient oriented environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GW Medical Faculty Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9