GW Medical Faculty Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Ready for a new professional opportunity.
Medical Assistant for Orthopedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Washington.dcMay 3, 2015
I love what I do; I enjoy the versatility of medical assisting. I can contribute to the way the office operates. I especially like working directly with patients. Working with patients who know who I am motivates me to provide excellent care.
I work for a doctor who specializes in Orthopedics Surgery. I make sure the patients have a understanding of their surgeries and are comfortable with the post operation directions. They need someone to understand, listen to them, and treat with the best bedside care, I am that person.
The hardest part about my job is there are no opportunities for growth. My goal is to join a physician group that values company culture, advancement and a warm friendly environment.
Excellent Company to Work for
QUALITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2015
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Emergency Medicine, International Programs is an excellent company to work for. They have great leadership, outstanding compensation and fantastic benefits.
productive
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDJanuary 18, 2016
productive and fun day to work. working with my coworker has made the work more easy. my management is best, she is very understanding.
changes
office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2016
Its ok nothing major to say right now as the company is going through major upper management changes and fail to communicate with employees
Management has poor communication skills and management training.
Customer Service/Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
I would not recommend employment in the Customer Service/Business Office department. Poor management skills and the department has a high turn over rate due to poor management and communication skills. Not an inviting place to work and staff is belittled by management. In addition Customer Service management will not allow career advancement within the company.
Administrative Assistant
Front Desk Liaison/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDMay 12, 2015
Cultivating administrative professional with pervasive years of experience working in business healthcare environment. Eagerly pursuing a position where my skills of satisfactory client driven customer relations will be utilized and appraised.
Enjoyable cowokers
Compliance Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
There really isn't a typical day at MFA, every day brings new adventures. Being here I have learned how to do CMS audits as well as CERTs.
Very exceptional company with great benefits
Assist a variety of specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2015
MFA is a highly reputable organization with excellent benefits. However, advancement and growth opportunities aren't that great.
inefficient, growing too fast
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2014
Some travel opportunities but overall, company cares 10x more about the doctors than admin personnel. Nice coworkers but management needs more training. Very inefficient company. Most processes are still paper. Promises to make things electronic but it never happens.
Pros
great coworkers, but the good ones tend to leave
Cons
didnt feel appreciated, no snow days
excellent management;always allow you to advance
Call Center, Advanced Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2013
I work in the call center at GW Medical Faculty Associates as an Advance Scheduler. I schedule for the whole department of medicine thru phone and by email from internal physician and from patients. I also check voicemail 3 times a day from patient or physician whom leave message for a return call for various reason. I have learned to become a better time player; to work under pressure and to make every person feels important.

The management team always advancing the department so all the employee will continue to advance their learning so everyone will have a chances to advance to an higher position.

My co-worker are great to work with we treat everyone like family. We always helping each other.

The hardest part of my job is that I can not always help every patient's due to a situation that is not under my control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient's and knowing that my services will and have made a differences in someone life.
George Washington MFA Ophthalmology Dept
Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2012
I enjoyed my co-workers very much. They were helpful and informative in my daily job. In fact I was trained by them, not by management or leads like one would anticipate.
The hardest part was trying to get through the day without intimidation from some of their doctors. It's hard enough when you are new on the job.
I was actually let go from my position here without just cause or warning.
But thats okay, life's all about the journey.
Its a good place to gain experience
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2012
I came to the Medical Faculty knowing only a little and I have learned so much and still continuing to learn. There is much growth but it depends on the person and their own self motivation. We experience a very high volume of calls and it can be a shock to someone like me who has never experienced it but Im now used to it. the hardest part it of the job is a patient be difficult and wont allow you to help and I dont like to not help patients when they call but some patients be su furious its either there way or no way at all. The most enjoyable part is being able help those and at the end of the call the patient tell you how much they appreciate you for your help.
Pros
being able to interact with physicians
Cons
short breaks when short of staff
Job Stability and Some benefits
Administrative Coordinator, Department of OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2012
MFA is a great place for job stability. The pay is competitive.
Productive workplace
Pharmacy/Oncology Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2012
A very detailed, courteous and compassionate patient oriented environment.