GW Medical Faculty Associates Employee Reviews

lunch breaks
Register Medical Assistant ll (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDNovember 10, 2017
a typical day at work for me will be coming in at 8 am, turn on the computers, lights in the rooms, and do qc on the med chart and starts the day. bring patient into the room, gets their vital signs and document the readings in to the chart.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no career advancement
Productive and very good experience
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2017
Very helpful place to start a career and then move up. The routine is very simple. There is no dull moment at the job. The people there are very sweet and helpful when you want to learn
Its an okay place to work
Nursing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2017
Its an OK place to work but the healthcare benefits are horrible. Going thru some changes hopefully for the better. The copays for the health insurance are extremely high and get no perks for being an employee.
Pros
It a job
Cons
Benefits are horrible
Needs Improvement
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2017
GW MFA will lose employees based on the job culture. Although they are extremely relaxed in nature they do not pay well and they do not promote growth.
Doctors are very knowledgeble
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20037March 20, 2017
Very busy atmosphere. I learned how to deal with people from all walks of life. Management is there to assist and direct you in all areas. The culture in the workplace is very acceptable. The hardest part of the job is getting patient to comply to HIPPA rules and regulations at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to interact with the Seniors that come in for their appointments and helping them with inquiries and pointing them in the right direction.
Pros
GW offers tuition, and discounts may apply at certain stores
Cons
health care, salary could be better, not that many breaks
Professional Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me was very productive in a peaceful atmosphere with great people. The hardest part of my job was when I was laid off, and had to say good-bye to such nice co-workers. We were a dynamic team who's mindset was if you fail I fail, team work makes the dream work!
Pros
Often having free lunch from meetings!
Cons
Being laid off
Shaky future
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 12, 2017
MFA was a wonderful organization until a major restructuring occurred. Management tries to act transparent while folks are secretly laid off. The work place culture is work, work and more work while you are paid very little. Management enforcing accountability company wide is a joke.

The hardest part of the job is doing more work without more money. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient or colleague overcome a challenge.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low pay
Productive workplace with learning and growing abilities.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Productive work place where team work is key. Always having a open door to express concerns in bettering the work flow of the clinic. The multicultural environment came as a plus when making final decisions because every different option mattered. Working with this company I never experienced patient complaints in my department. We strive on having patient leave with a smile. Management always made themselves available to every employees concern and worked out the best solution for each individual. I was able to advance more in medical terminology, patient care and multitasking with each Physician. Some parts of the job that seemed hardest was the attempt to make everyday a great day. Having the knowledge that some patients come in and leave with the worst news of their life made some days hard, but there is also a bright side. Knowing that you can encourage that patient by informing them know that is it not the end is most enjoyable to me.
No Comment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2016
GW MFA was a different kind of place to work. The people for the most part were nice but the complaints were always the same. Management didn't care about the employees concerns.
Apply at your own risk
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCDecember 7, 2016
Its a good place to work if your just starting out, there is no room for advancement and the upper management hold you back from going into a higher and better position. There aren't many benefits and there isn't much to come to work for. There is always something going on there is a lack of communication and the is a major lack of organization.
A day in the call center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2016
Messaging doctor's for patients and vice versa
Scheduling patients appointments
Assisting irate patients to my best ability
Transferring and providing general information to patients
Registering new patients into the system
Meetings with medical departments on how to better assist patients with medical needs
Reviewing and providing medical information to affiliated or mutual doctors for a patient
Pros
I was able to help patients
Fertility Nurse Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2016
Good work environment, great downtown location, expensive parking. Expensive health and dental insurance. Friendly staff and connected well with patients.
The MFA could be a positive place to work if people didn't gossip so much
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
I enjoy some of the individuals i work with, i just wish the work load was evenly separated. I also wish there would be a little bit more of organization with everything!.
Working at GW
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR & CIO (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2016
You team will become family and sad when they leave the company when you have a good relationship with them. The hardest part is communication with departments when projects are involved and not returning calls or given updates ahead of time.
Pros
Free breakfast once a wk
Cons
Underpaid, Administrative staff force to arrive to work when there is a snow storm.
Enjoyable cowokers
Compliance Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
There really isn't a typical day at MFA, every day brings new adventures. Being here I have learned how to do CMS audits as well as CERTs.
productive
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDJanuary 18, 2016
productive and fun day to work. working with my coworker has made the work more easy. my management is best, she is very understanding.
changes
office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2016
Its ok nothing major to say right now as the company is going through major upper management changes and fail to communicate with employees
Excellent Company to Work for
QUALITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2015
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Emergency Medicine, International Programs is an excellent company to work for. They have great leadership, outstanding compensation and fantastic benefits.
Administrative Assistant
Front Desk Liaison/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDMay 12, 2015
Cultivating administrative professional with pervasive years of experience working in business healthcare environment. Eagerly pursuing a position where my skills of satisfactory client driven customer relations will be utilized and appraised.
Management has poor communication skills and management training.
Customer Service/Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
I would not recommend employment in the Customer Service/Business Office department. Poor management skills and the department has a high turn over rate due to poor management and communication skills. Not an inviting place to work and staff is belittled by management. In addition Customer Service management will not allow career advancement within the company.