GW Medical Faculty Associates

GW Medical Faculty Associates Employer Reviews

excellent management;always allow you to advance
Call Center, Advanced Scheduler (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 18, 2013
I work in the call center at GW Medical Faculty Associates as an Advance Scheduler. I schedule for the whole department of medicine thru phone and by email from internal physician and from patients. I also check voicemail 3 times a day from patient or physician whom leave message for a return call for various reason. I have learned to become a better time player; to work under pressure and to make every person feels important.

The management team always advancing the department so all the employee will continue to advance their learning so everyone will have a chances to advance to an higher position.

My co-worker are great to work with we treat everyone like family. We always helping each other.

The hardest part of my job is that I can not always help every patient's due to a situation that is not under my control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient's and knowing that my services will and have made a differences in someone life.
Productive workplace
Pharmacy/Oncology Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 19, 2012
A very detailed, courteous and compassionate patient oriented environment.
Job Stability and Some benefits
Administrative Coordinator, Department of OB/GYN (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 5, 2012
MFA is a great place for job stability. The pay is competitive.
Its a good place to gain experience
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2012
Pros: being able to interact with physicians
Cons: short breaks when short of staff
I came to the Medical Faculty knowing only a little and I have learned so much and still continuing to learn. There is much growth but it depends on the person and their own self motivation. We experience a very high volume of calls and it can be a shock to someone like me who has never experienced it but Im now used to it. the hardest part it of the job is a patient be difficult and wont allow you to help and I dont like to not help patients when they call but some patients be su furious its either there way or no way at all. The most enjoyable part is being able help those and at the end of the call the patient tell you how much they appreciate you for your help.
George Washington MFA Ophthalmology Dept
Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 5, 2012
I enjoyed my co-workers very much. They were helpful and informative in my daily job. In fact I was trained by them, not by management or leads like one would anticipate.
The hardest part was trying to get through the day without intimidation from some of their doctors. It's hard enough when you are new on the job.
I was actually let go from my position here without just cause or warning.
But thats okay, life's all about the journey.