GW Plastics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good coworkers
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2017
worked in the packing department ,packing various medical equipment to be shipped to various companies world wide,helped out in different departments.
Fun, awesome,
Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  South Royalton, VTJune 28, 2017
It's fun there only because I did worked on the machine where you have to cart the flash, inspect, build boxes, pack and put label all by yourself and it's very challenging but it's great. It's very hot but I like the job.
Pros
12 hours a day. Love the ot.
Cons
Short breaks for a 12 hour shift
Good people, fast paced learning
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Royalton, VTMay 25, 2017
I got to work with experienced engineers while I was an intern and this was extraordinarily valuable to my learning development towards my future jobs. The people were all fantastic to work with and very helpful and fun.
Been there to long
Secondary operator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, VTMay 10, 2017
GW is a good place to work if you need a good paying job but there's to many bosses and not enough workers.There's t much gossip, and most people act like teenagers then adults.
Management will throw you under the bus to save themselves
private (Former Employee) –  Royalton, VTApril 10, 2017
Division Manager stomped around slammed doors and cussed and blamed employees on a regular basis. Finger pointing and blaming people happened almost daily. When things went well, he took the credit, when they went badly, he passed the blame.

quality control consisted of blaming whomever made the latest mistake, and threatening them.

The most hostile work environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
managers use lower employees as scapegoats
Poor management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2017
This company has no idea what its doing To many people in charge trying to out do each other it's like a contest and the employees usually get screwed.
Pros
Shift Hours and benefits
Cons
Untrustworthy people that are supposed to help throw you under the bus
Non productive area to work in
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTMarch 3, 2017
This place is a tearable yo work on if you are slow worker everything has to be done fast but at the expensive of getting things wrong most of the time
Pros
Vendending machine
Cons
No lunch breaks
In process Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2016
Hard place to work for if you like working hard with great pay this is the place. Lots of overtime if you want different sifts to chose from . room for advancement
Great opportunity - advancement
IPI (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2016
Great place! A/C in the summer and great conditions. Fully understand expectations and success is up to you. Good benefits. Opportunities for advancement. Management cares about the employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits, constant constructive feedback
suckked
Weight Count (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2016
A hot enviorment, with LAB COATS AND HAIRNETS on,wen the A/C IS not working and is 110 degress in the building
Pros
never
Cons
never

Want to know more about GW Plastics, Inc.?

Ask a question
Productive Work
Injection Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2016
Long hours, keeps you busy, learn a lot about manufacturing process, learn about the injection molding process, requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time
Slow paced
Warehousing Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2016
Job had many duties but downfall was that non were clear. Management did not communicate clearly what was expected from the employees. Spent night restocking and putting back items in their correct places
Pros
No customers to interrupt job
Cons
not enough hours
GW Plastics
QAT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I was very proud to work for GW Plastics. The company had people who cared about my success and growth. I was quickly promoted to the Quality Lab. I learned a great deal. I would go into work with a purpose everyday. I did start ups, and restarts, also EOR testing on products. I wore medical gear from head to toe. Communicated very well with the production workers to obtain data.
Pros
rewarding
Great and professional atmostphere
I.T.I. (Assembler) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2015
Had no problem with anyone I worked with or for.
Great teamwork with the former coworkers I worked for and we would work very hard to meet our deadline. Easy simple and routine type of job. Worked the clean room which sanitizes hospital items and ship them out. There was another department that the company made these items (syringes and coils)
Interesting and informative also good benefits, excellent relationship
Research, Development (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTAugust 27, 2015
Troubleshoot and correct problems that occurred overnight, learned new methods for doing things. A bad day was lite due to management assisting in the area of difficulty, co-workers appreciated that. What was enjoyable was the satisfaction of good product was shipped out the door, well done.
Pros
Company pinics, compensated for work well done, and for attendance.
Cons
Company paid health care, Company Vacations.
IPI (In Process Inspector) (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTJune 17, 2015
I would have stayed if it was not a 12 hour postion. I was also ver pregnant and could not be on my feet for a long period of time
Stable area employer
Production (Current Employee) –  RoyaltonMay 8, 2015
GW has been around for more than 55 years and is one of our area's largest employers, without them most of us would not have jobs or have to travel further from home. Management knows everyone and values the long service of employees. They can be tough but it's because they care about the products that go out the door. The benefits are excellent and there is a lot of opportunity to advance. I am glad to have a job with a company that is so stable.
Pros
Benefits, management, stability, close to home
Privately held company with on-site Leaders who know our names!
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Bethel, VTMay 7, 2015
The Officers of this company know their staff, from entry-level to senior management. They are engaged and hands on. They care about their employees, evident by the comprehensive benefits, competitive salaries and company events. Some examples include Spring Barbecues, Summer Picnic, Awesome Christmas Party, Service Awards.

There have been a lot of companies that have gone out of business in this area, yet GW Plastics continues to expand! We need stable employers in Vermont.
Pros
Management, company events, benefits, stability
Cons
I don't have any complaints, I feel very fortunate to have been with GW Plastics this long! I hope to retire here!
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2015
part time setup up fill in for sick . job used and abused. medical molding 30 machines. 3 shifts clean enviroment no work ethic
Stable, secure place to have a career
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, VermontNovember 20, 2014
I read some of these reviews and felt compelled to comment. I've worked for GW for over ten years, and my experience has been very different. Management here cares about their employees, and they show it by maintaining excellent benefits, and a retirement plan that is richer than most. Career growth opportunities are evidenced by the number of employees who have risen through the ranks, from entry level to Sr. Manager, and even one VP. Every year, we celebrate employee anniversaries from 5 years to 50 years - evidence of a stable, secure place for a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GW Plastics, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.