Gwinnett County Public Schools

Gwinnett County Public Schools Employer Reviews

Worked me until there was nothing left
Classroom teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: sweet children
Cons: principal was moody, low compensation, pay freeze for 5 years
I was asked to taech afterschool, Saturday school and taught over the summers. The pay did not make the difference for me to stay for long. I was tired and burned out after six long years of coming in early and staying late each day.
I loved working with special needs children and their parents.
Bus Monitor (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: children
Cons: pay
I was responsible for special needs children to and from school every day. The schools I was assigned to was difficult schools. One was for the very sick and extremely handicapped and the other was for somewhat violent students. I was hit, cursed at and spit on daily, but I would not have changed schools for nothing. I had good working relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the sick children, it broke my heart, they were also the most enjoyable part of my job. I won bus monitor of the year in 2005, that was a great honor.
Productive, fun, fast paced work place
Cafeteria Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, able to inter act with the children and faculty
Cons: was considered part time
Very fast paced feeding 1500 students breakfast and lunch, order inventory, Ordered product, entered employee hours, assisted with nutritional classes for each individual class through out the year.
Great Staff and students
Educator (Former Employee), GeorgiaOctober 14, 2014
Ongoing professional development
Support staff
Training
Great to work for
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee), Lilburn, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great to work for
Great to work for and would work there again.
This is all you need to know.
early start in East Gwinnett(Suwanee, east Lawrenceville)
Bus Manager (Current Employee), SuwaneeSeptember 27, 2014
It is challenging, but I enjoy helping those kids with special needs; some kids are medically fragile and you have to be very careful with them
Hours work good
Bus Manager - Zone 063 (Current Employee), Lawrenceville,gaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: time off
I like the schedules except for haveing to get up at 4.00 am. Time off is good when School is closed yu are off too.
Worked mostly with women who were supportive. Worked with volunteers and the elderly. Great job.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great agency
I managed the Volunteer program at the YWCA for the Elderly.
Very rewarding job. Great volunteers that really cared. Loved working with the Elderly
Very fun place to be at and work at.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 18, 2014
I loved working here as I love children. It was something different everyday. Great teacher and other staff members at this school. The bad of doing this job is that the hours are not consistent and the pay was very low!
Structured
Teacher Support Specialist (Former Employee), Grayson, GAAugust 21, 2014
This position was extremely beneficial for student learning.
Great Place to learn and grow
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 24, 2014
Great place to learn and grow. Everyday was exciting and fun.
Awesome!
Community School Coordinator (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJuly 20, 2014
I learned a lot from my experiences and job duties at this company. They were always so gracious to teach me knew skills.
Best School District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 4, 2014
Gwinnett County School District is by far one of the best school districts to work in as an educator. From professionalism to technology to overall student success the ratings are off the chart. The reason I left Gwinnett County is due to the fact that at the time they had no full-time positions opened in my area of expertise. I received an offer for a full-time position from Dekalb County in which I accepted.
Challenging and rewarding
Assist children on Special Needs bus as a Monitor (Former Employee), Loganville, Ga.June 7, 2014
Pros: everything about the job was enjoyable
As an monitor on a Special Needs bus I was responsible for supervising students on the bus. all of the children had some kind of disability so I had to be able to secure wheelchairs, give oxygen if needed, get children on bus on the chair lift. My sure the students get to and from school safely.
My co-workers were all dedicated to the safety of the children. The hardest part for me was at the end of the school year and I had to say goodbye to my students.
I learned so much from the students about true determination.
World-Class School System
Certified Middle Grades Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: great schools
Cons: teaching is challenging and the most time consuming job!
Gwinnett is a world-class school system that keeps teaching and learning at the forefront.
Good School System for motivated teachers
Daily and Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAMay 29, 2014
This school system as a whole strives to be the best in the state. It varies from school to school how each day works. If you are unable to find a teaching job right away being a sub is a great way to figure out which school and area you really want to work in.
Too many students in a classroom; supportive APs
English Teacher (Current Employee), Lawrenceville GAMay 22, 2014
Pros: dedicated local staff
Cons: the county does not value teacher needs
Gwinnett county packs 35 students into a classroom which makes it difficult for any teacher to reach each student. Although the APs and other teachers are extremely dedicated, the overall structure of the system makes it incredibly difficult to support each student.
work with special needs childen in a classroom setting
ParaProfessional (Current Employee), loganville gaApril 6, 2014
Pros: summers off/ and major hoildays two to three weeks off
Cons: very low pay
I typical work day at work is morning announcements, began with our first academic of the day. Then we break for lunch with the students. Constantly dealing with various behaviors throughout the day. Management / School Principal's are oakayyy at times. The hardest part of my job is trying to feel appreciated and tying to survive on such low pay. Very sad.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the pay
Customer services with parents pertaining to their children. My coworkers were the best group of people to work with very caring and concerned people.The hardest part of my job was trying to live with the little pay that you received in the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and their parents.
Good for immediate, necessary job
Bus Manager (Former Employee), Gwinnett CountyMarch 17, 2014
Pros: immediate job if income needed now
Cons: lack of standardization in discipline of students
Management types vary by location. Upper management is wishy-washy. Standardization is a buzz word, not necessarily put into practice. Fellow workers are great.

1 2 3