Gwinnett County Public Schools

Gwinnett County Public Schools Employer Reviews

Awesome!
Community School Coordinator (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJuly 20, 2014
I learned a lot from my experiences and job duties at this company. They were always so gracious to teach me knew skills.
Best School District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 4, 2014
Gwinnett County School District is by far one of the best school districts to work in as an educator. From professionalism to technology to overall student success the ratings are off the chart. The reason I left Gwinnett County is due to the fact that at the time they had no full-time positions opened in my area of expertise. I received an offer for – more... a full-time position from Dekalb County in which I accepted. – less
Challenging and rewarding
Assist children on Special Needs bus as a Monitor (Former Employee), Loganville, Ga.June 7, 2014
Pros: everything about the job was enjoyable
As an monitor on a Special Needs bus I was responsible for supervising students on the bus. all of the children had some kind of disability so I had to be able to secure wheelchairs, give oxygen if needed, get children on bus on the chair lift. My sure the students get to and from school safely.
My co-workers were all dedicated to the safety of the – more... children. The hardest part for me was at the end of the school year and I had to say goodbye to my students.
I learned so much from the students about true determination. – less
World-Class School System
Certified Middle Grades Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: great schools
Cons: teaching is challenging and the most time consuming job!
Gwinnett is a world-class school system that keeps teaching and learning at the forefront.
Good School System for motivated teachers
Daily and Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAMay 29, 2014
This school system as a whole strives to be the best in the state. It varies from school to school how each day works. If you are unable to find a teaching job right away being a sub is a great way to figure out which school and area you really want to work in.
Too many students in a classroom; supportive APs
English Teacher (Current Employee), Lawrenceville GAMay 22, 2014
Pros: dedicated local staff
Cons: the county does not value teacher needs
Gwinnett county packs 35 students into a classroom which makes it difficult for any teacher to reach each student. Although the APs and other teachers are extremely dedicated, the overall structure of the system makes it incredibly difficult to support each student.
work with special needs childen in a classroom setting
ParaProfessional (Current Employee), loganville gaApril 6, 2014
Pros: summers off/ and major hoildays two to three weeks off
Cons: very low pay
I typical work day at work is morning announcements, began with our first academic of the day. Then we break for lunch with the students. Constantly dealing with various behaviors throughout the day. Management / School Principal's are oakayyy at times. The hardest part of my job is trying to feel appreciated and tying to survive on such low pay. Very – more... sad. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the pay
Customer services with parents pertaining to their children. My coworkers were the best group of people to work with very caring and concerned people.The hardest part of my job was trying to live with the little pay that you received in the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and their parents.
Good for immediate, necessary job
Bus Manager (Former Employee), Gwinnett CountyMarch 17, 2014
Pros: immediate job if income needed now
Cons: lack of standardization in discipline of students
Management types vary by location. Upper management is wishy-washy. Standardization is a buzz word, not necessarily put into practice. Fellow workers are great.
Great Company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Seeing as how I am a substitute teacher I can not offer a full review of this employer. However, my experience with the company so far has been excellent.
Fun place with wonderful coworkers
Stellar Substitute (Current Employee), Dacula, GANovember 20, 2013
I've had a difficult time starting off at this job, but everyone is supportive, and friendly. I am usually very busy with my work schedule and running around to complete tasks. I have enjoyed my job because although it's stressful at time, I am able to interact with the students everyday.
Work with different schools throughout the district
Various Positions (Former Employee), GAOctober 30, 2013
Atmosphere at school dependent upon administration.
Sharpened negotiation, people, and problem solving skills
Authored and facilitate lesson plans and study guides
Input grades and attendance into internal software programs
Exciting and professional work environment,
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee), Lilburn, GASeptember 28, 2013
Overall satisfied with working there. My reason for leaving is because of budget cuts to technology support.
Nice place to work
Route Planner (Former Employee), Buford, GASeptember 10, 2013
GCPS was a very fun place to work, nice environment and I enjoyed my time there, the manager was very down to earth and my co-workers were caring. However, Im just not able to meet all of my personal financial needs based on my salary.
I loved working with children
Assisted teacher (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free zaxby lunches on friday along with wearing blue jeans
Cons: salary cap was not extended.
I enjoyed the interaction and the teaching aspect of this job. The administration was wonderful and helped us achieve our goals.
Excellent place to work
Spanish Teacher/Foreign Language Dept. Head (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 30, 2013
This is a district where you can grow.
Best co-workers/team mates
rewarding position
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: no job security
Enjoyed working with the children but I was no longer eligible to work as a substitute due to new regulations. It was necessary in Georgia to be a certified teacher to substitute. I agreed with this!
Non stop interaction with students
Math Teacher (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be interacting with students by giving instruction. When not instructing and supervising students, teachers are involved in faculty meetings.
A lot of presure and dificult.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete the work load.
To make sure all routes were cover every day. Communicate to drivers safety procedures and report to managers of any situations. Co-workers were hard to please and some had a negative attitude. The hardest part was trying to please parents and administrators.
Every day is different working with children of different groups is a good experience.
Bus Manager (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: split shift - allowed me to go to school during the day and night.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day for me in this job is getting up at 4:30 a.m. and getting prepared for a 7.25 hour day that is split. I would get to my school bus location at a set time of 5:45 a.m. to get to my first H.S stop @
6:15 a.m. continue to pick up elementary, then I pick up my middle school children to finish up in the morning at 9:45 am. I do the same but – more... only I start at the schools in the afternoon that starts at 1:30p.m. and see that they get home safe I finish up at 5:10p.m.

I have learned that we as parents juggle a lot and our children sometimes are angels and sometimes they are not. I have learned how to delicately enlist parents help when their child is not being an angel. I have got my CDL class B through the county.

Management is supportive and knowledgeable.
My co-workers and I worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job is dealing an upset parent who wants address one of your students about their child.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a child getting on the bus happy and excited to share their day at school. – less

1 2 3