Gwinnett County Public Schools Employee Reviews

loved working with the children
Bus Manager (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: field trips to earn extra money
Cons: no raises, not very good health care.
Working with children was a excellent experience for me in learning something different every day about the children. The pay isn't very good but the child were great
Adminsitrative Assistant /Bus Manager
Administrative Assistant/Bus Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Number of days worked.
Cons: None
I have learned alot these past 8 years with Gwinnett County Public schools. Great work enviroment with friendly people. Their was no hard part to this job but their was challenges. What is a job without challenges.. That is alway welcome to me.
Great place to workplace
Bus Driver/Manager (Former Employee), GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: 3+hrs break time, full benefits
Cons: bad childen
Working for this job was an unexpected pleasure, The work days were planned out, by the times of each schools which is fast paced, but not too hard to do.
Just a High school Job
Internship/ Human Resources (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 8, 2015
The Job Never Offered raises. Had an entire family working their from mexico and didn't have legal papers. It was an ok job to have and balance school. less thsn 20 hrs a weeks.
An enjoyable place to work.
Administrative Professional (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Work hours
Cons: Low paying
Manage student discipline and attendance. Manage teachers professional learning and development. I enjoy helping the students get and stay on track.
Excellent Professional Development Training
School Counselor (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: System-wide support
Cons: Heavy caseloads
Overall, my experience in GCPS has been quite rewarding. I have grown tremendously in my professional career due to the high expectations set forth by the county/state, and in addition to this, continuous Professional Development Training to enhance my skillset.
Good Place to work, if you like being outside on the road daily.
Bus Manager (Current Employee), Gwinnett CountyMay 20, 2015
Pros: The kids are great, I love working with them.
Cons: In the elements all day, no air condition on the bus.
I pretrip my bus prepare it for the day. Pick up and manage students as I transport them to school. Communicate with team leaders to make sure everything for the day run smoothly. Coordinate with coworkers to ensure safety.
Expectations are impossible to meet.
Middle School Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee), Five Forks Middle SchoolMay 6, 2015
Pros: Summer vacation
Cons: Being held responsible for things that are completely out of your control.
Teacher has all of the accountability, and students are not held responsible for their education. Teacher's time, professional input, safety, and overall work is not valued.
Very nice school system.
Substitue Teacher (Former Employee), Gwinnet County Public SchoolsApril 27, 2015
Pros: Clean school, good lunches and helpful staff
Cons: Map Quest need to be up dated because there are some new schools in Gwinnett County.
I enjoyed the teaching environment. The schools are clean and the students are ready to learn. It was amazing to me that there are so many different languages within the schools. I loved the diversity.
Most of the time I was at a different school everyday. The students made me feel welcome as well as the faculty and staff. There wasn't a hard part on the job because I enjoyed what I was doing. Everyday I was ready to work! I would walk in the class room, read the lesson plans for the day and set up the classroom. After the students were settled down in the classroom, I would introduce myself and we would start the day off right.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new students everyday and listen to their stories about life.
Now that I am a retired teacher, I feel that I still have a lot to offer the public. I am a people person and love to meet people . I enjoy helping people. I am not ready to sit down. When I am given a
job, I always do my best.
A very friendly environment
Substitute teacher/Clinic Nurse (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Helping students
Cons: Too many students in one classroom
I really enjoy helping students with their classroom work and providing first aide at all grade levels during a regular school day.
Gwinnett County School
Currently a First Grade Teacher (Former Employee), GAMarch 31, 2015
My fellow colleagues were a true team. They were willing to help and collaborate a great deal. They cared about the students. The administrative team tend to change and alter expectations without notice.
Good place to sub
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: devloped online and call in system for subs teachers leave very good details for the school day
Cons: No cons really
I have been Substitute Teaching for about 4 years and I love it. They pay more than other districts. I am able to work this and another job to make ends meet. There are some really good schools here.
GCPS is an excellent school system that seeks to provide excellence in education.
Third Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent professional development.
Cons: Large class sizes and frequent testing which impacts instructional time.
GCPS has been an excellent employer. I have been working in a positive environment and provided excellent professional development throughout my employment.
Very Challenging and Fullfilling Educator Position
Substitute teacher (Current Employee), GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility on hours and location, cheap lunches
Cons: no benfits, low pay, challenging students
Very flexible hours, Challenging and fulfilling job to be an educator. Self managing job system. The days go by quickly an easily depending on the students. The most enjoyable part is actually getting to pass on lessons that you know will help these young men and women later in society.
Fun and relaxed environment
CLERK III (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: days off, seeing kids every day, hours worked, talking with parents
Cons: lack of money
I was in charge of coordinating the substitutes when teachers or other staff members were out. I also worked closely with the principal and both assistant principals. Other activities that I handled daily were payroll, security, and the school email newsletter. I learned a lot about education as well as the daily operations of running an effective and state ranked school. I got along famously with my co-workers. I always had lots of laughs and good times. I still get told that I'm missed at the school and they wish I'd come back. Hardest part of the job was when I couldn't find a sub for a classroom. I would have to do some juggling to make sure we always had a class covered. I enjoyed everything about my job. If it paid more, I would still be there.
Professional and educated pool of teachers to collaborate and share ideas.
8Th Grade Accelerated Physical Science Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: location, people, vacation time, benefits, professionalism, freedom to create
Cons: pay structure, lack of schedule flexibility
Teach 8th grade students high school Physical Science course with highly engaged learning environment.

I learned how to collaborate and lead a team of teachers to accomplish a common goal.

Management is respectful of professional decisions while maintaining integrity and reputation of Gwinnett County Public Schools.

My co-worker learn and assist each other in making our jobs easier while providing the best Science education to our 8th grade students.

The hardest part of my job is balancing my personal financial goals with the pay structure of my chosen profession.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with people and plan how I will create an engaging environment for my students to learn Science.
Top Notch!
Administrative Intern, Meadowcreek ES (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: support at all levels
Gwinnett is an incredibly supportive county that focuses on the education of the whole child. All stakeholders are involved in the core focus of teaching and learning.
Professional environment, daily impact made and courteous staff
Teacher (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: plethora of resources, high parent participation
Cons: short breaks, limited large group space
This company offers opportunities to grow as you get to effectively impact youth on a daily basis. I have learned how to productively work in a professional learning community, disaggregate data and make informed decisions with the data as well as share ideas for the greater good of the whole community. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to be as productive as you would like in the time allotted.
I enjoy my job
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: other staff and students
Cons: salary
I enjoy working in education. I love my students but the time has come I go back into the medical to help my family financially.
It is an educational environment
Transportation Team Leader (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 26, 2015
This is a job that has full time benefits, but not full time salary. I only work 9 months out of the year. I have dedicated myself to the position and am learning so much. My ideal goal is to find a full time career that I will work all year and receive benefits. I enjoy working with the school staff and students. The hardest part of this job is when you see a student in need or that has been mistreated. I work with some outstanding people.