Gwinnett County Public Schools Employee Reviews

I love what I do!
special education teacher (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2016
I am considered and respected as a professional. I focus on building positive relationships with children and their families. I collaborate effectively with colleagues and I can depend and seek support from the administration. The rest is preparation, organization, implementation and reflection. I can adapt teaching based on each child learning style. I focus on strengths to improve and overcome weaknesses. I believe that all children can learn. I adjust and differentiate teaching in order to engage and challenge. It is a extremely rewarding career. I encourage parents to partner with me on this. Teaching and learning to the highest potential is the ultimate goal!
Pros
It's VERY rewarding when you see children engaged and learning.
Cons
Compensation can be low at times.
Very productive and secured employer
Central Office Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 30, 2015
I work with a great group of people. The job is very family oriented to me. We all seem to work well together by helping and covering for one another when need. The hardest part of the day is only when we are very short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a hard working person such as yourself.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
2nd shift only
Proud to be employed at Gwinnett CPS
Middle School Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 24, 2015
GCPS is culturally diverse, student-focused, and academically-challenging for all students. The district consistently has high-performing schools that rank in the top 10 for the state of Georgia.
Awesome place to work
Material Handler/Lead and Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 14, 2015
A typical day would be to meet with my co-workers to explain what needed to be done that day, keep up with the logistics, help pick, process, receive, ship, and make sure inventory was correct, communicate with government employees, and lead a department. I learned that the harder you worked the farther you would go. Management was great, the best I ever had; as long as you did your job then you would be fine. Co-workers were also great, I couldn't have asked for better ones. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled people that had a mistake on an order. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I did my best and managed people that I respected and they respected me, and our worked positively reflected that.
Pros
Great compensation and great benefits
fasted paced work enviroment
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 11, 2015
prepare foods for teachers and students, cashier, clean. I learned how to make sure we met all safety requirements when preparing foods and while serving it. We worked as a team and I met a lot of nice people. At the end of the day trying to get the milk order done while trying to get my other chores done. The most enjoyable part was working with the children.
Very fun place to work. Love being able to help the children!
SCHOOL CLINIC NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 30, 2015
I really enjoy working at the school, but it does get boring at times. It is not fast paced enough for me at times. I love working with the students when they are sick and or hurt. I do get to spend a lot of time with the special education students ( which I really enjoy). The only down fall to this posistion is that it is not fast paced enough for me. I like to be doing a job that is demanding most of my day if not all of it. I enjoy being in an environment that you don't know what might walk through the front door at any given time.
Pros
get to help the students
Cons
not fast paced enough for me.
Love my job, great people to work with
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 22, 2015
enjoyed my time at GCPS, the people was to amazing to work with. Never a dull day at work. Always learning something new about myself and others drivers.
Great and compassionate staff
Para-professional/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakland Meadow, Winn Holt and Hooper RenwickOctober 21, 2015
Tough working environment, but staff very supportive. Did data collection, behavior management, taught some classes, and tried to encourage everyone.
hhh
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 17, 2015
kkkkkklkllmnlkmn kkiikooikjkkjmfgm ;gfkgmkgimg njjjgjbjn nkfkigkmbimg kjbikbk,gmwww.
he first step for anyone coming to America is to get permanent resident status — or a green card. That can happen through sponsorship by a spouse, family member or employer, by getting asylum or refugee status, or through a couple of other ways like the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. That’s run by the State Department, which randomly selects about 50,000 individuals a year to receive immigrant visas from countries with low immigration rates to the U.S.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Large schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 6, 2015
Gwinnette Public Schools is a great place to work with it's such diverse population. The students are very respectful unlike Atlanta inner-city students.
Pros
Gas for car is cheaper than Atlanta
Cons
35+ miles to work
Goal-oriented workplace
EBD Itinerant Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 27, 2015
I have found a job I enjoy and am challenged by within the field of behavior. I love that I am able to travel and serve a new school every few weeks. This nomadic job allows me to keep my head free from politics. I enjoy being able to set and/or implement plans for a child that the school staff is unable to handle on their own and witness the morphing of behaviors as a result of the correct plan being carried out. Many of the children I deal with on a day-to-day basis have tragic histories, are misunderstood by their peers, family and even by themselves when their mental illness overpowers their ability to control their emotions or behaviors.

Each new case I work on teaches me a little more about humans, cognition, emotions and behavior as I work with children with different manifestations of various disabilities. I am able to establish a personal connection with each child as I become the person they can trust because I am non-judgmental towards what others view as what separates them from the rest of the students.

The most difficult part of my job is trying to get other people to see what I see in each child I work with or sending a child back to an environment that I know is not conducive towards their mental health well-being.
Pros
Travel, Politic-free, My boss trusts me, Learn about new conditions, Positive reflection in school and home behaviors
Cons
No breaks, Salary compensation, Train staff that are paid more than me, Life-threatening and dangerous
A Great Place to Work
Bus Driver/Manager (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 22, 2015
You will find that a typical day is different everyday here, it is fast paced, but you are able to be a good influence on children day to day. Co-workers are helpful and kind.
Pros
holidays and weekends off, with pay
Teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 21, 2015
I spent 30+ years in the school system at various elementary, middle, and secondary schools. I was able to explore many teaching methods across a number of fields and was able to contribute effectively to scores of students.
Great workplace and friendly people
CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 19, 2015
I love this work environment. The stuff is real friendly. Everyone is very helpful. This is a great job they try and help each other daily.
safe and caring school system
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 12, 2015
Administrators and staff were always available and supportive of the substitute staff. Teachers were very informative and helpful with classes that I substituted.
Pros
able to work will my children were in school
Cons
no benefits
It is fun job getting to know the students,
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 8, 2015
The company is great to work for with many benefits. You get the advantage of learning the city along with bonding with the students. it is a job where everyone pull together and help out. The support meetings among the new and advance drivers helps out with how to cope with certain situations. There are many fun activities plan throughout the year to get co-works engaging with one another, and getting to share different ideas that one may need, and I find that to be helping as well. There are room for growth in the company for anyone to desire to move forward up and take with they know to the next level. The training is very helping for a person coming into that particular work environment and do not have any experience in the field.
Pros
off days
Cons
working in the heat, with no air conditioning on the buses
free lunch
Asst. Manager SN (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 7, 2015
Great place to work if you want part time employment, busy from beginning to end of day. Lots of locations, fun and great co-workers.
School Nutrition Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 27, 2015
I would come in at 6 am and start prep for morning breakfast. Worked in a fast-pace work space and area. We would start serving breakfast at 6:45 am - 7:30 am for the students and staff.
After that, we would take a 15-20 mini-break to eat breakfast ourselves.
Then we would prep for the lunch menu for that day. I would gather the items I need to be at the station to make my portion for the day. Lunch started at 10:40 am - 1:10 pm.
We served about 3500 students and 140 staff.
Pros
eat free lunch
Cons
having to do all those dishes
loved working with the children
Bus Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 24, 2015
Working with children was a excellent experience for me in learning something different every day about the children. The pay isn't very good but the child were great
Pros
field trips to earn extra money
Cons
no raises, not very good health care.
Adminsitrative Assistant /Bus Manager
Administrative Assistant/Bus Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 5, 2015
I have learned alot these past 8 years with Gwinnett County Public schools. Great work enviroment with friendly people. Their was no hard part to this job but their was challenges. What is a job without challenges.. That is alway welcome to me.
Pros
Number of days worked.

4.2