Gwinnett County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Not for everyone
Technology Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I support technology within the schools. The job itself is not bad but the way issues are handled by management makes the job less favorable. I feel that it does offer future advancement but I'm not sure of the route that needs to be taken to get there. I'm sure it's a great place to retire from but it's not for everyone and nothing is wrong with moving forward and on
room for advancement
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
This job was fun and rewarding. i worked with special needs children and learned about their disabilities and took cpr classes. was a rewarding job but i wish they paid more.
Learning something new
Educator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 14, 2017
This is a huge school district in the state of Georgia. There are an array of diverse cultures, languages and ideas available for employers to utilize in their working environments. There is support for advancement in one's career.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Political at times.
Exciting and new experiences everyday
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJanuary 8, 2017
I was a substitute teacher. I always had a different classroom with different students almost every day. I did get a few long term positions, and it was wonderful to see the students I worked with grow and learn.
Hard job / good work enviornment
SNP worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Must be willing to work hard. Hours are great especially if you have a family, and the pay is decent. Benefits are good. Coworkers are fun and easy to get along with as long as you pull your own weight. Management for the most part is great, although training and communication can be improved. The hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time to complete many tasks and not enough employees working. This job is not for lazy people. Lifting, pushing, pulling and stocking take it's toll on your body. The best part of the job is the flexibility. You can create your own hours for the most part, and you have the same days off as your children that are in K-12th grade.
Pros
students, hours, pay, and benefits. Payday is every Friday through the temp agency
Cons
hard demanding work, payday is once a month with county
families and meeting new people each day
School Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 3, 2017
My position at Gwinnett County Schools allows plenty of interaction with students, faculty and staff. Greeting parents enhances the way I interact with others as well.
nice place to work.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 19, 2016
Gwinnett county public schools is a great place to work for people who love to educate students of various ages. good atmosphere.
Bbbb
Georgia (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GADecember 14, 2016
It's, OK to live by. The salary show be higher, because all employees are very well educated. This is one of the biggest reason why people walk away from teaching. Salary show gets better.
Multiple Opportunities
Teacher - Rockbridge Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 2, 2016
Gwinnett County Public Schools is a district constantly growing to prepare better students for college and beyond. Despite the success of the district, not all schools are lead by effective administration and families. Overall, colleagues develop strong bonds and make a difference in the lives of students everyday,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Divisive
Enjoyable Place to be at
Stellar Teacher/Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 28, 2016
The reward feeling when teaching students and the appreciation shown by other teachers and Administration on a job well done. The smiles on the students faces was a reward in itself.
Pros
Huge support for teachers and Administration
Cons
difficult parents
Enjoyed being office support
Bus Manager and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working in the office doing payroll and being office support for my Supervisor and Team Leaders daily. I also liked being able to aid other members in our zone by supplying them with materials and information to make their job easier.
Pros
Not working on holidays or weekends
Great work environment! Plenty of support!
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 5, 2016
This district offers its employees plenty of support via Human Resources personnel, local school administration, and central office representatives. The culture is phenomenal!
its work
Peachtree Elementary/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAOctober 3, 2016
could raise pay for custodians. you really hard every minute of your schedule. I do a lot of work outside of my job description.
Great working environment
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAAugust 21, 2016
Makes it super easy to work as a full time parent. You can take your kids to work with you! Then you bring them home with you at the end of the day! Wish the compensation was higher.
Pros
Great for "stay home moms"
Cons
Not great pay
I Love it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 21, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work for been doing it for a long time .I have taking classess to improve myself that the company has provided we have monthly meetings we provide good nutrition food the the children.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
monthly pay
GCPS Substitute
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 2, 2016
I love working as a substitute and feel it is very flexible with a current work schedule and you can accept your own jobs that work around your life style. Great way to get your foot in the door at a school.
good county good school and good benefits
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 26, 2016
do pre / post trip on bus according to county and federal guidelines
be on time at each stop, make such that all students are sitting properly.

the hardest part to me is when your route changes and your students
ask you why and if they did you wrong.

getting to each bus stop and seen the smiling faces of your students.
Pros
good county to work for
Cons
good benefits
Learning Opportunity
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 12, 2016
I appreciate the learning opportunity my time at Gwinnett County Schools afforded me. I learned how much I can do under extreme circumstances.
Everything is fault of teacher.
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJune 1, 2016
The only people that seem to be held accountable are the teachers, NOT the administrators, not the parents, and not the students.
Pros
pay
Cons
Administration
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 12, 2016
CGPS provides ample opportunity for student teachers to gain a clearer understanding of what to expect once they become teachers.
benefits
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett County Public Schools Reviews by Location