Gwinnett County Public Schools

Gwinnett County Public Schools United States Employee Reviews

Gwinnett County School
Currently a First Grade Teacher (Former Employee), GAMarch 31, 2015
My fellow colleagues were a true team. They were willing to help and collaborate a great deal. They cared about the students. The administrative team tend to change and alter expectations without notice.
Good place to sub
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: devloped online and call in system for subs teachers leave very good details for the school day
Cons: No cons really
I have been Substitute Teaching for about 4 years and I love it. They pay more than other districts. I am able to work this and another job to make ends meet. There are some really good schools here.
GCPS is an excellent school system that seeks to provide excellence in education.
Third Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent professional development.
Cons: Large class sizes and frequent testing which impacts instructional time.
GCPS has been an excellent employer. I have been working in a positive environment and provided excellent professional development throughout my employment.
Very Challenging and Fullfilling Educator Position
Substitute teacher (Current Employee), GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility on hours and location, cheap lunches
Cons: no benfits, low pay, challenging students
Very flexible hours, Challenging and fulfilling job to be an educator. Self managing job system. The days go by quickly an easily depending on the students. The most enjoyable part is actually getting to pass on lessons that you know will help these young men and women later in society.
Fun and relaxed environment
CLERK III (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: days off, seeing kids every day, hours worked, talking with parents
Cons: lack of money
I was in charge of coordinating the substitutes when teachers or other staff members were out. I also worked closely with the principal and both assistant principals. Other activities that I handled daily were payroll, security, and the school email newsletter. I learned a lot about education as well as the daily operations of running an effective and state ranked school. I got along famously with my co-workers. I always had lots of laughs and good times. I still get told that I'm missed at the school and they wish I'd come back. Hardest part of the job was when I couldn't find a sub for a classroom. I would have to do some juggling to make sure we always had a class covered. I enjoyed everything about my job. If it paid more, I would still be there.
Professional and educated pool of teachers to collaborate and share ideas.
8Th Grade Accelerated Physical Science Teacher (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: location, people, vacation time, benefits, professionalism, freedom to create
Cons: pay structure, lack of schedule flexibility
Teach 8th grade students high school Physical Science course with highly engaged learning environment.

I learned how to collaborate and lead a team of teachers to accomplish a common goal.

Management is respectful of professional decisions while maintaining integrity and reputation of Gwinnett County Public Schools.

My co-worker learn and assist each other in making our jobs easier while providing the best Science education to our 8th grade students.

The hardest part of my job is balancing my personal financial goals with the pay structure of my chosen profession.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with people and plan how I will create an engaging environment for my students to learn Science.
Top Notch!
Administrative Intern, Meadowcreek ES (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: support at all levels
Gwinnett is an incredibly supportive county that focuses on the education of the whole child. All stakeholders are involved in the core focus of teaching and learning.
Professional environment, daily impact made and courteous staff
Teacher (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: plethora of resources, high parent participation
Cons: short breaks, limited large group space
This company offers opportunities to grow as you get to effectively impact youth on a daily basis. I have learned how to productively work in a professional learning community, disaggregate data and make informed decisions with the data as well as share ideas for the greater good of the whole community. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to be as productive as you would like in the time allotted.
I enjoy my job
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: other staff and students
Cons: salary
I enjoy working in education. I love my students but the time has come I go back into the medical to help my family financially.
It is an educational environment
Transportation Team Leader (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 26, 2015
This is a job that has full time benefits, but not full time salary. I only work 9 months out of the year. I have dedicated myself to the position and am learning so much. My ideal goal is to find a full time career that I will work all year and receive benefits. I enjoy working with the school staff and students. The hardest part of this job is when you see a student in need or that has been mistreated. I work with some outstanding people.
Worked me until there was nothing left
Classroom teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: sweet children
Cons: principal was moody, low compensation, pay freeze for 5 years
I was asked to taech afterschool, Saturday school and taught over the summers. The pay did not make the difference for me to stay for long. I was tired and burned out after six long years of coming in early and staying late each day.
I loved working with special needs children and their parents.
Bus Monitor (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: children
Cons: pay
I was responsible for special needs children to and from school every day. The schools I was assigned to was difficult schools. One was for the very sick and extremely handicapped and the other was for somewhat violent students. I was hit, cursed at and spit on daily, but I would not have changed schools for nothing. I had good working relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the sick children, it broke my heart, they were also the most enjoyable part of my job. I won bus monitor of the year in 2005, that was a great honor.
Productive, fun, fast paced work place
Cafeteria Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, able to inter act with the children and faculty
Cons: was considered part time
Very fast paced feeding 1500 students breakfast and lunch, order inventory, Ordered product, entered employee hours, assisted with nutritional classes for each individual class through out the year.
Great Staff and students
Educator (Former Employee), GeorgiaOctober 14, 2014
Ongoing professional development
Support staff
Training
Great to work for
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee), Lilburn, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great to work for
Great to work for and would work there again.
This is all you need to know.
early start in East Gwinnett(Suwanee, east Lawrenceville)
Bus Manager (Current Employee), SuwaneeSeptember 27, 2014
It is challenging, but I enjoy helping those kids with special needs; some kids are medically fragile and you have to be very careful with them
Hours work good
Bus Manager - Zone 063 (Current Employee), Lawrenceville,gaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: time off
I like the schedules except for haveing to get up at 4.00 am. Time off is good when School is closed yu are off too.
Worked mostly with women who were supportive. Worked with volunteers and the elderly. Great job.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great agency
I managed the Volunteer program at the YWCA for the Elderly.
Very rewarding job. Great volunteers that really cared. Loved working with the Elderly
Very fun place to be at and work at.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 18, 2014
I loved working here as I love children. It was something different everyday. Great teacher and other staff members at this school. The bad of doing this job is that the hours are not consistent and the pay was very low!
Structured
Teacher Support Specialist (Former Employee), Grayson, GAAugust 21, 2014
This position was extremely beneficial for student learning.

1 2 3 4