Gwinnett County Employee Reviews in United States

difficult place to thrive
customer service associate dwr (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 19, 2015
There was no consistency. Lots of favoritism & politics. No raises for several years due to budget constraints. Not many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Everything else
Management gone wild
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 12, 2015
After giving 8 years of my work life, I lost my job due to a few willy nilly managers/director who decided, for reasons I do not know, that I did not belong. I was an exceptional employee earning every certification I could get my hands on, I'm a CPA and am hardworking and dedicated. No pay raise for 5 years (economy). I was dismissed by a Director who did not even know me or the successes I had accomplished, who didn't even know what her own job entailed. She had been with the county for 5 months. It was unfair and all I can say is that karma always circles back around.
Pros
Close to home, short commute
Cons
No advancement opportunity for some people
Elections Poll Manager- Elections Official (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 28, 2015
Fun place to work, this organization thats their workers with dignity and respect when you are there. Decent amount of hierarchical constraints. Given every opportunity to gain training for advancement. Very detailed oriented individuals that I work with. Most enjoyable part was gaining recognition and becoming a manager. Wish I could gain more hours on a yearly basis with the organization that coincides with my career endeavors. Hopefully, the organization begins to see my efforts.
Swim and Community Service
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 2, 2013
Working the front desk and collecting money was a typical day at Bethesda Park. There were always children even during school because outings were sometimes scheduled for smimming or a birthday party. Management was the greatest - co-workers were always friendly and helpful to me and customers. There was nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable was interacting with the people. I loved the senior citizens that came in for aerobics early morning.
Pros
children and senior citizens are a joy to be around
Cons
salary should be increased
Low Morale, low pay, and low advancement opportunities
Analyst (Former Employee) –  A Lawrenceville locationJanuary 30, 2015
Average place to work when it comes to work/life balance. Outside of being on-call, there really isn't a feeling of work impeding on your personal life.

The work side (in office) is terrible. Very low pay for the type of work they expect from you. You get hired in a "certain position" then they want you to do the work for "another position" that is paid higher than your "current position" while still doing your "current position".

All jobs have this type of situation, but typically its when the "other position" is VACANT!!! Not while someone else is in that "other position" getting paid more than you are in "your current" position.

It is very lopsided when it comes to fairness and equality. The lower leveled employees are suppressed and dumped on, watched like a hawk on your comings and goings, while the higher level employees (exempt) leave early, take extended lunches, come in late, while expecting you to do the same level of work they do without the perks or pay.
Pros
lots of holidays
Cons
pretty much everything else
It's work but not good pay.
Process Control Associate/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  6557 Plant Drive Norcross, GAJuly 27, 2014
Work is hindered by politics of operational procedures and antiquated equipment.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
pay
hard place to work
Park Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 24, 2012
very hard place to work, too many levels of management, no respect from management.
Pros
great group of co-workers, good benefits, fun job
Cons
poor pay, low morale
Individuals in charge aren't concerned about fairness nor rank & file employees
firefighter/emt (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, gaDecember 31, 2014
This department is a great place thats been absolutely RUINED by poor decision making by leadership. The ideals of what being a firefighter mean no longer exist here, instead its now run like a sloppily led business, with focus only on the short term irrelevant of longterm consequences nor further damage. There's no promotional system, individuals are picked to be promoted based off who likes them, not off education, testing or competency.Department is constantly having to keep hiring new personnel because valuable firefighters are leaving for other fire departments that actually care about there firefighters, and being replaced by weak individuals that lack what it takes, so quit or are fired shortly after hiring. Until all the leadership making poor decisions is replaced this department will continue to have poor morale & constant loss of good employees.
Pros
helping people
Cons
favoritism & poor decision making run rampant
Student and teacher Oriented
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Hoschton, GAMay 17, 2015
You will work with about 135 students a day. You collaborate with your content groups so you do not have to plan instruction alone. Student data is used in order to provide effective instruction. There is continually training that supports effective instructional strategies. I enjoyed working with the students and staff the most.
Pros
Free training
I personal give the sheriff department a decent review
SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT DEPUTY JAILER I (Former Employee) –  LAWRENCEVILLE,GEORGIAApril 18, 2015
Gwinnett sgeriff department is a very nice place to work, you can get as much overtime as you may need. The traing you receive from there decent.
Pros
THE PRO ARE, YOU GET A LOT OF OVERTIME
Cons
THE CONS ARE YOU WORK CRAZY HOURS, BUT OVER ALL IT'S A NICE PLACE TO WORK
Experienced supervisor with a management style that motivates staff productivity
Clerk of Court (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 10, 2015
Highly organized and efficient in fast-paced multitasking environments; able to prioritize effectively to accomplish objectives with creativity, enthusiasm and humor.
Great Place to Learn
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  GeorgisFebruary 27, 2015
Great atmosphere. Offers opportunity for training. Contract position. A typical day is very busy, so you must be prepared for due diligence, with no exceptions.
Helping kids learn
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 6, 2014
When I was called to substitute for a teacher the class could change from day to day. I was usually called for a core group of teachers and taught mainly History, English, Science. Other classes included shop, computer and math.

I loved working with the kids and helping them to learn. The hardest part was when I would teach a class for the first time and the kids didn't know me and would try to get away with a lot of things.

The other teachers were always there if you got into a situation where you needed help.
Pros
helping kids learn
Cons
not a constant job
Each day brought something new to learn or try.
Educator, SST Coordinator & Grade Level Co-Chair (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with children. Long 12 hour days and often worked weekends. "Light bulb" moments were the best. You learn to work with all kinds of people. It was very stressful and time consuming.
Pros
something new each day.
Cons
work many hours
Law enforcement
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 17, 2014
I learned various skills in the maintenance department. From landscaping to food preparation.
The company invest in it's staff.
Pros
they provided meals
Cons
they need to take interest in there staff.
is a great company to work for
Lifeguard Manager (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 6, 2012
Supervise part time and seasonal staff and delegate responsibilities accordingly. Maintain weekly staff assignments and scheduling.
Interact with, assist, inform, assess needs and interest of user groups and accommodate facility users.
Pros
part-time job after summer is over
Cons
full time seasonal summer job
Amc
Booth (Former Employee) –  GwinnettAugust 3, 2012
Its a great place to work. Management will help you out if need. Co-workers are great
Pros
free movies
Cons
no breaks
Large government entity. Professional people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 2, 2014
Large government entity. Professional people. I enjoyed my time there.
Great Place to work
Communications Officer I (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, gaJuly 6, 2014
Computer and telephone work, and filing papers. You learn a lot of codes and proceedures, work with a lot of confidential information.
Stable company
Systems Admin (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 4, 2012
I have become the "go to guy" for this company. Hardest part of the job is working with people who are not competent.