Gwinnett County Employee Reviews

I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 3, 2017
After spending over several disciplinary free years with this department, I was let go for something I did not do. The management does not seem to have the back of their employees.
alright place to work
Safety, Security and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It's OK place to work, there is a lot of turn over and breakdown. Management could have been more hands on nothing to write home about . Need to have a stronger safety culture
very nice place to work
Building Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 26, 2016
work is challenging but it rewarding to work for the people of Gwinnett County. it also is very rewarding Gwinnett prides itself in making sure its employees are well trained.
room for growth and customer service oriented
Economic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 23, 2016
If you like numbers this is the job for you; there is also customer service involved and complicated scenarios but if you are up for the challenge it can be very rewarding
Pros
Room for growth; a sense of unity
Great place to train and work. We did relay for life.
Bus Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  All of Gwinnett CountyJune 14, 2016
Gwinnett County is one of the top 3rd in the country for training and safely with excellent paid training. I'm passionate about kids and Sped has a special place in my heart! Wonderful supportive management. My immediate Supervisor and Team Leaders were organized and always helpful. I Enjoyed driving my bus all day when in between a.m. and p.m.routes I would drive special needs to or from SKILLS and/or STRIVE.I learned so much about the school transportation system, managing students and many different special needs of students and how to handle them. My co-workers were supportive, fun, and knowledgeable We were one big team. Hardest part of the job would be if I had a code 5 or breakdown with students on board. I truly enjoyed every aspect of my job!.
Pros
Free breakfast, coffee and driver appreciation week
Cons
When off for holiday or summer breaks wages went down too far
High Turn Over
Legal Associate I (Former Employee) –  Solicitors OfficeJune 7, 2016
This office has a high turn over rate, due to certain "supervisors" playing favorites. Training is minimal, and you get thrown to the wolves, and are expected to keep up. "Intake Manager/Supervisor" loves to talk about employees to other employees. The co-workers were awesome, but the management was lacking.
Pros
helping the public
Cons
favoritism
Great place for starting career
Comercial building technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to assist the public and others with their requests and ability to utilize my prior experience.

I have learned many different aspects of the job as well as cross-trades experience. I have been able to learn and certify in many different trades continuing education
difficult place to thrive
customer service associate dwr (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 19, 2015
There was no consistency. Lots of favoritism & politics. No raises for several years due to budget constraints. Not many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Everything else
Elections Poll Manager- Elections Official (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 28, 2015
Fun place to work, this organization thats their workers with dignity and respect when you are there. Decent amount of hierarchical constraints. Given every opportunity to gain training for advancement. Very detailed oriented individuals that I work with. Most enjoyable part was gaining recognition and becoming a manager. Wish I could gain more hours on a yearly basis with the organization that coincides with my career endeavors. Hopefully, the organization begins to see my efforts.
Student and teacher Oriented
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Hoschton, GAMay 17, 2015
You will work with about 135 students a day. You collaborate with your content groups so you do not have to plan instruction alone. Student data is used in order to provide effective instruction. There is continually training that supports effective instructional strategies. I enjoyed working with the students and staff the most.
Pros
Free training
Management gone wild
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 12, 2015
After giving 8 years of my work life, I lost my job due to a few willy nilly managers/director who decided, for reasons I do not know, that I did not belong. I was an exceptional employee earning every certification I could get my hands on, I'm a CPA and am hardworking and dedicated. No pay raise for 5 years (economy). I was dismissed by a Director who did not even know me or the successes I had accomplished, who didn't even know what her own job entailed. She had been with the county for 5 months. It was unfair and all I can say is that karma always circles back around.
Pros
Close to home, short commute
Cons
No advancement opportunity for some people
I personal give the sheriff department a decent review
SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT DEPUTY JAILER I (Former Employee) –  LAWRENCEVILLE,GEORGIAApril 18, 2015
Gwinnett sgeriff department is a very nice place to work, you can get as much overtime as you may need. The traing you receive from there decent.
Pros
THE PRO ARE, YOU GET A LOT OF OVERTIME
Cons
THE CONS ARE YOU WORK CRAZY HOURS, BUT OVER ALL IT'S A NICE PLACE TO WORK
Experienced supervisor with a management style that motivates staff productivity
Clerk of Court (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 10, 2015
Highly organized and efficient in fast-paced multitasking environments; able to prioritize effectively to accomplish objectives with creativity, enthusiasm and humor.
Great Place to Learn
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  GeorgisFebruary 27, 2015
Great atmosphere. Offers opportunity for training. Contract position. A typical day is very busy, so you must be prepared for due diligence, with no exceptions.
Low Morale, low pay, and low advancement opportunities
Analyst (Former Employee) –  A Lawrenceville locationJanuary 30, 2015
Average place to work when it comes to work/life balance. Outside of being on-call, there really isn't a feeling of work impeding on your personal life.

The work side (in office) is terrible. Very low pay for the type of work they expect from you. You get hired in a "certain position" then they want you to do the work for "another position" that is paid higher than your "current position" while still doing your "current position".

All jobs have this type of situation, but typically its when the "other position" is VACANT!!! Not while someone else is in that "other position" getting paid more than you are in "your current" position.

It is very lopsided when it comes to fairness and equality. The lower leveled employees are suppressed and dumped on, watched like a hawk on your comings and goings, while the higher level employees (exempt) leave early, take extended lunches, come in late, while expecting you to do the same level of work they do without the perks or pay.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Individuals in charge aren't concerned about fairness nor rank & file employees
firefighter/emt (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, gaDecember 31, 2014
This department is a great place thats been absolutely RUINED by poor decision making by leadership. The ideals of what being a firefighter mean no longer exist here, instead its now run like a sloppily led business, with focus only on the short term irrelevant of longterm consequences nor further damage. There's no promotional system, individuals are picked to be promoted based off who likes them, not off education, testing or competency.Department is constantly having to keep hiring new personnel because valuable firefighters are leaving for other fire departments that actually care about there firefighters, and being replaced by weak individuals that lack what it takes, so quit or are fired shortly after hiring. Until all the leadership making poor decisions is replaced this department will continue to have poor morale & constant loss of good employees.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Favoritism & poor decision making run rampant
Law enforcement
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 17, 2014
I learned various skills in the maintenance department. From landscaping to food preparation.
The company invest in it's staff.
Pros
They provided meals
Cons
They need to take interest in there staff.
Large government entity. Professional people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 2, 2014
Large government entity. Professional people. I enjoyed my time there.
It's work but not good pay.
Process Control Associate/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  6557 Plant Drive Norcross, GAJuly 27, 2014
Work is hindered by politics of operational procedures and antiquated equipment.
Pros
OK benefits
Cons
Pay
Great Place to work
Communications Officer I (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, gaJuly 6, 2014
Computer and telephone work, and filing papers. You learn a lot of codes and proceedures, work with a lot of confidential information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett County. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7