Gwinnett County

Gwinnett County Employer Reviews

Each day brought something new to learn or try.
Educator, SST Coordinator & Grade Level Co-Chair (Former Employee), Dacula, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: something new each day.
Cons: work many hours
I enjoyed working with children. Long 12 hour days and often worked weekends. "Light bulb" moments were the best. You learn to work with all kinds of people. It was very stressful and time consuming.
Helping kids learn
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: helping kids learn
Cons: not a constant job
When I was called to substitute for a teacher the class could change from day to day. I was usually called for a core group of teachers and taught mainly History, English, Science. Other classes included shop, computer and math.

I loved working with the kids and helping them to learn. The hardest part was when I would teach a class for the first time – more... and the kids didn't know me and would try to get away with a lot of things.

The other teachers were always there if you got into a situation where you needed help. – less
Swim and Community Service
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: children and senior citizens are a joy to be around
Cons: salary should be increased
Working the front desk and collecting money was a typical day at Bethesda Park. There were always children even during school because outings were sometimes scheduled for smimming or a birthday party. Management was the greatest - co-workers were always friendly and helpful to me and customers. There was nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable – more... was interacting with the people. I loved the senior citizens that came in for aerobics early morning. – less
****
Interim Airport Director (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 21, 2012
Worked during the boom years in the 90's. Massive road construction program.
hard place to work
Park Foreman (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: great group of co-workers, good benefits, fun job
Cons: poor pay, low morale
very hard place to work, too many levels of management, no respect from management.
is a great company to work for
Lifeguard Manager (Current Employee), GAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: part-time job after summer is over
Cons: full time seasonal summer job
Supervise part time and seasonal staff and delegate responsibilities accordingly. Maintain weekly staff assignments and scheduling.
Interact with, assist, inform, assess needs and interest of user groups and accommodate facility users.
Amc
Booth (Former Employee), GwinnettAugust 3, 2012
Pros: free movies
Cons: no breaks
Its a great place to work. Management will help you out if need. Co-workers are great
Stable company
Systems Admin (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 4, 2012
I have become the "go to guy" for this company. Hardest part of the job is working with people who are not competent.

About Gwinnett County

Gwinnett County Public Schools, located in the metro Atlanta area, is the largest school system in Georgia and continues to grow. – Read more