Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

I love the people I work with.
Clinical RN Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 18, 2018
Very hectic and fast pasted. Not supported by managements and find it difficult to work with. Decision making in the unit is not always correct and is made on a knee jerk reaction. Causes confusion and appears that management does not know what they are doing.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
Management and their decision making skills
inviting culture and friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046February 15, 2018
fast paced and competitive environment. learning environment, room for career advancement. approachable management and open door policy. health insurance can be better.
Productive Work Place
Nutrition Service Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day at work is serving patients and employees and making sure everyone is happy with the service we offer. I have learned discipline on time and attendance and how it is important to be on time if you want to have a productive day. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of everyone in the hospital's diet that Doctors have ordered for them. I love helping patients when they are having trouble with ordering and assisting them with choices.
Okay place to work
LMSW Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 11, 2018
It is an okay place to work. Alot of work. You have to completed IA, fax pt. out to SNF and HHC. You have a social worker and a case manager per floor.
RNs work much harder than our patients think
Maternal Infant RN (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Being a floor nurse on a busy unit is stressful, yet rewarding. I have learned so much during my time as a floor nurse, preceptor and relief charge nurse and would not change my experiences for anything. I am happy to have met some wonderful nurses along the way, but the nurses on the unit I am on are more closed off with friendship than I would like.
Absolutely love working here!
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046January 31, 2018
The management is amazing and very transparent. It helps us understand why there are changes and reasons behind what is being changed. Amazing work environment and the manager does a wonderful job of hiring staff that will not only get along with each other, but genuine, humble employees that are willing to help one another.

There is so much help that is offered from the charge nurse, fellow nurses, clinician and the manager herself. She does not portray herself as above any one of us and is super humble. She is very understanding and does whatever she can to help with work/life balance. What more could I ask for?

Nursing will always be stressful, but this floor does a wonderful job of trying to help make it a little more worth the stress!
Pros
wonderful teamwork, Great management, humble and helpful staff, interdisciplinary teamwork, work/life balance, advancement opportunities, flexibility, opportunities for additional shifts
Cons
computer system, which will be updated this year!
Gwinnett Medical Center
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046January 28, 2018
I had a very god boss, however the call got to be ongoing, and the possibility for advancement wasn't given, therefore there was no other options but to explore other opportunities
Pros
Co-workers became like family, helping patients help
Cons
Call and no avenues for advancement
great
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 18, 2018
It has been wonderful working in such a great place like Gwinnett medical with great staff, i recevied award of recognition from my manager, hospital management and patient for great job even before my probation period .
it was cool
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 14, 2018
I joined Gwinnett Medical Center in 2015 as an EVS Technician, and the environment as well as the experience was very beneficial to me considering my soon to be a career as anurse.
Job Place to start
Patient Care Technician / Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 14, 2018
Loved coworker and management was understanding to school and life.Good place to work.I would say you will make more with experience plus degree but that with any job.So this would a ok place to start.
Informatics
Nursing Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Functioning as the lead informaticist on the CPOE project with the challenges of evaluating workflow and benefits of designing clinical electronic documentation tools that improve provider satisfaction and hold patient safety at the heart of every project.
LOVED thi job.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 12, 2018
There was nothing better than helping someone when they are down, I loved this job, The only reason I gave it up was so I could raise my children not a daycare.
Gwinnett
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 11, 2018
For me a typical day consisted of showing off a great smile and
giving customers a warm welcome. Also a lot of running to and from the parking lot to the front and the ticket booth.
Patient Care is number 1
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Excellent ERs that are supported by management. 1 to 3 RN ratio in the ER. Benefits are lacking compared to other hospitals in the area. You do have mandatory overtime as an RN in the ER. Room for advancement for RNS but they do not do anything to keep techs who have gone on to RN school. Most leave after their 2 year RN contract is up because they can get paid better elsewhere.
Fast- paced production environment. Required to obtain 100% monthly productivity.
Financial Counselor Pre-Authorization (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 30, 2017
Log into all systems first in the morning to get prepared for the day. Check emails to make sure that there were no add-ons to the schedule. If there are add-ons review based on priority and obtain authorization. Sort AEOS worklist according to current date. Sort based on Specialty i,e, Cardiology, MRI's, CT's, Ultrasounds, Verify insurance information, Obtain price estimate through Rev Runner to determine the estimated out of pocket for patient. Speak with patients to explain the out of pocket. Answer any questions regarding authorization, price quotes, and assist with all other inquiries regarding the scheduled procedure.
Learned to manage time wisely. Became more proficient with obtaining authorizations.
Workplace culture was team oriented and it felt like a family.
The hardest part about the job was trying to make sure that all authorizations were obtained with limited access to certain websites, tools, and not enough training. The AEOS worklist was not accurate in tracking the accounts that were touched and this affected the productivity. It took time away from working the accounts because of tracking the accounts manually.
I worked with some amazing women and have cultivated new friendships.
Pros
All- Hands meetings to voice Staff concerns. Management was approachable
See previous statement
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 27, 2017
Cut and paste previous review here.....it was a great first position and the opportunity to build long lasting RD friendships and contacts that I still maintain to this day.
I love working at GMC
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at GMC Lawrenceville. I work three 12 hour shifts a week so, I have time to spend with family or pick up a part time job. I love working with patients
CPE training
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 17, 2017
CPE training involved providing chaplaincy services in an assigned area of the hospital and a one-day-per-week 24 hour on-call rotation. On-call meant staying at the hospital for the 24 hours involved and carrying the pager. Most pages were either to the Emergency Department or to the ICU Department. Most Emergency Department calls were due to trauma cases. (Gwinnett Medical Center is a Level 2 Trauma Center.)
Pros
Working as part of a care team, helping families whentrauma or death entered their lives
Cons
challenges of helping families when trauma or death entered their lives
Level III Staff Registered Nurse, NICU (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 15, 2017
Gwinnett Medical Center is a great place to work. Wonderful coworkers and management with a learning culture in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Offers a nurse advancement program.
Diversity
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 8, 2017
Gwinnett Medical Center is very diverse. I enjoy working with many different ethnicity of patients and co-workers and have learnt so much from so many different cultures.
Pros
Free parking & employee perks like discounted movie tickets
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location