Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), labor and deliveryAugust 7, 2015
They have great benefits for their employees. The environment is safe to work in as well. The pay rate is also better at this hospital.
A wounderful place to work at.
parking (Current Employee), lawrencevilleAugust 3, 2015
Pros: we have good customer service.
Cons: the pay is less.
i love helping our customers. i learn how to manage busy day and i develop a customer service skill a lot. i love working with teams and we do a good job on helping our customers.
Poorest management with the poorest integrity overall. Byllying encouraged.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2015
The work is reasonable but the management plays so many games it is difficult to do anything.

They are constantly changing requirements and punishing when you cannot read their minds. The environment is toxic and it goes all the way to the top. Run
enjoyable
PATIENT SERVICE AND GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: spending time with great people
Cons: none
There was no typical day. I helped where ever they needed me in the hospital
I learned to be flexible with my skills
The management team were fun and helpful
The people I volunteered with were caring and passionate
There was no hard part of this service
The most enjoyable part of this was volunteering with such good people
Very fast paced learning.
Sitter (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 5, 2015
They treat you with respect and they make sure you understand everything before you're put on the floor. The work environment is a clean and very friendly.
great place to work
Registered Nurse on Medical/telemetry Floor (Current Employee), dultuhJuly 1, 2015
A place where everyday is different, a place you learn new skills everyday. Helps you grow in your field. All co-workers and managment are always there to help you out and work as a team to take care of patients.
Neurophysiology Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 22, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful people to work with. Excellent care given to patients and their family. Physician's were excellent with great bedside manners. Provided training necessary to perform my job.
Nice work enviroment.Veryproffessional.
Patient Liaison Transition Unit, pre-op (Former Employee), Lawrencenville, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Nice clean work envrionment. Positive co-workers.
Cons: Advancemnt opportinities
Checking in patients for surgery they can enter pre-op. The families are given pagers to reach them if the go to their car or the cafeteria and doctor wants to see them. The people were the best part of the position.

Management was easy to work with and provided classes in Word or other skills that would be beneficial in the workforce. Making sure the schedule was updated and necessary information was provided to the families.

The hardest part of the job was looking for advancement. The position you were in was where you remained. Taking classes to improve skills necessary in the workforce did not necessarily get used.
productive work environment
Nutrition Service (Current Employee), (Basement ) ground floorMay 23, 2015
Pros: very friendly work place
Cons: the right skin color you will advance quickly no experience necessary.
It's a great place to work. It can be stressful at times and the schedule is all over the place. But it still a nice place to work over all.
Hospital cafeteria
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 19, 2015
Worked in the hospital cafeteria. Friendly co-workers and management was very professional and fair. Busy during lunch while serving staff and client's families.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, gaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Love the doctors.
Cons: no lunch breaks.
Great place to work. Staff was very welcoming. Doctors are really easy going. Sometimes very long hours depending on doctors schedule.
When I first started it was good. The more I worked with other supervisors I saw different attitudes. Supervisors aren't able to answer questions.
Pateint Access (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Co workers are great and will help when needed; ok benefits; wide range of schedules
Cons: too much faviortism
The patients and the job itself is not hard. Micromanaging the team is the down fall. Put people in the job that can do the job and stop treating them like kids.
Work together as a team player and professional
Cardiovascular Technician (Current Employee), Lawerenceville GaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 40 hour weeks insurance, 401k
Cons: no lunch break
I work several hours a day until my job is finished no matter how long that may take. Everyday there is always something knew to learn. I work well with others and I am a team player. The hardest part of my job is when the out come is negative, The most enjoyable part is a good outcome.
Great place to work with a family atmosphere
EVS Lead Tech (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: family oriented
I love my co-workers. The job is not hard because we work together as a team, and with teamwork, anythings possible.Providing quality patient care with a smile.
GMC
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: odd hours (evening shift)
Daily checked in with patients and athletes to give adequate medical attention when needed.

I learned that although I love Athletic Training I do not want to pursue the traditional setting as a forever career.

The hours are demanding for a young mother who wants to be apart of any type of family life.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working in close relation with others and getting to communicate everyday with people.
Great hospital
Manager, Cardiac Catheterization (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home
Great hospital. Manager of cardiac cath lab prior to opening interventional department. Growing hospital with good relationsip with community.
Great place to work as long as you never want to advance
Admin. (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay, large amount of vacation time given.
Cons: no internal consideration for employees wanting to succeed.
The people are great and everyone here is nice and helpful. However, if you ever want to move up into a more advanced position just be warned that it is next to impossible. Our corporate recrutiers will actually tell you that they don't want to have to train someone and that if you want a better job you should leave the company.
Ok Place to work
Employee (Current Employee), LawrencevilleJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: no diversity within leadership departments.
Gwinnett medical is not a bad hospital. There needs be more leadership of various other racial groups. I do find the company does not promote employees properly. There have been cases where position have been handed without interviews or proper protocol. This has brought the spirit of some employees feeling not appreciated.

Overall the work and compensation is great. I just wish, what you know would get you a job promotion, not who know.
Learning experience
Operating Room Scrub Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: learning of different types of operations
Cons: long hours and on call hours
I was able to assist some of the best doctors in the operating rooms and learn all types of different procedures.
Exciting place to work and make own decisions quickly.
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: a good way to pay the bills.
Cons: not the career path i wanted after college.
Greet everybody hello and clock in on time. Ask for new changes and other communication requirements for the day ahead. Get to support customer needs at once. Answer phone calls and prepare and complete customer requests. Manage priorities in order to satisfy customer needs. Support other staff members as needed in order to meet customer demand. Float to other areas of the organization as needed. Sometimes work load can be stressful when different customers need different services at the same time. However, at the end of the day when all customers are happy and satisfied, I breath a sense of relief and relaxation.
Headquarters