Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast pace, never a dull moment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 5, 2017
What I enjoyed most about working at Gwinnett Medical Center was getting to know the different patients. Conversing with individuals who are not in the best of health and providing supportive and kind words. As a Patient Access Specialist the patient comes to you to be checked in in the ER. Once checked in and triaged collection of information including; name, address, telephone #, emergency contact, and insurance information is processed. Co-pays are (if any) are collected as well.
Pros
Helpful co-workers
Cons
Low compensation
Management is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2016
You have to be careful about how you are perceived to your coworkers. Policies are not applied to everybody. But if you want to be apart of the team go ahead just make sure that once your on the team you stay on the team. Never deviate from how the team wants it to be done.
Pros
Policies only apply to certain people
Cons
Benefits and the pay rate only on the night shift
When initially hired working relationships were important but office politics, expansion and turnover of personnel have changed the work environment.
Security (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 24, 2016
Lack of communication between rank and file with management except for those favored continues to get in the way of cohesive working relationships and a more productive atmosphere in some departments.
Pros
Medical and supporting staff at GMC-Duluth and Glancy create decent work atmosphere, many employees at GMC-Lawrenceville are good people who care about the workplace.
Cons
Short breaks, training and advancement made available only for those subservient to Dept management, untrustworthyness created by certain ambitious coworkers, family life and interests outside the workplace not given its due importance.
close-knit staff and friendly work enviornment
Patient Care Technician/Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 9, 2016
I have worked the night shift at GMC-Duluth, in the ICU/IMCU, for almost 4 years now and have truly enjoyed my time here. The staff is awesome to work with and are very team oriented. This place is also ideal for new graduates, I believe you can learn a lot from the hands-on experience as well as our seasoned staff. Things can get hectic and it may seem that 12 hours just isn't enough time, but again with the well trained staff and help from management we survive. I honestly believe the nurses here make GMC-D what it is.
Staff Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 24, 2016
• Pre and Post-op care on trauma unit, surgical patient care, medication management in a surgical/trauma unit
• Identified potential patient safety issues and assisted in developing initiatives that increased safety.
• Demonstrated initiative and a commitment to quality patient care by independently completing an advanced stroke assessment and management (NIH)
• Demonstrate aptitude for developing new skills, readily developing rapport with patients, families, staff and other healthcare professionals
good place to work, not on a night shift.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  lawnrenceville,gaDecember 21, 2016
i worked for gmc for six months. I'm very capable and willing however there are many there who have other ways of treating people other than politely. i learned a lot, i got along with EVERYONE from EVERY dept. however the hours began to be strenuous and the management was not very people friendly. i didn't like the way they treated others around them including me.
Pros
able to move around instead of being in one place
Cons
unable to voice concerns without being shot down
Great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 29, 2016
I work as a medical assistant with a cardilogy office. I work front and back office. I am a lead medical assistant, and help oversee 15 other medical assistants. I enjoy my job, and love spending time with my patients. It gets hard with the long hours I work and going to school
Pros
Awsome managar
Cons
Histology technician, ASCPCM (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Gwinnett Medical Center's pathology lab is a fast paced busy anatomical pathology lab. The equipment is advanced and the turn around time is impressive. I am also pleased with the culture of providing the best patient care possible.
save lives with one case at a time
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 4, 2016
Get place to work for. I have grown so much in the past 10 years working there. Working in the Operating Room allowed me to experience something new everyday and learn so much from the Doctors who do a great job saving lives.
I have a very rewarding job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2016
Every shift at work is filled with new experiences, I get to see happiness and sorrow. Having to work with a great team of health care providers it has been a true blessing. Helping patients and families through difficult times is the most rewarded part of my job.
friendly people
Lead Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the employers there, I learned a lot. The people I worked with were very friendly, I also enjoyed drawing blood from the patients they were very friendly. All of my co-workers really liked working with me
Pros
loved my hours
Cons
short breaks
If you are not at least an RN do not work for GMC
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2015
Take it from a PCT who currently works at GMC in Lawrenceville. If like to be looked down upon because you're just a tech feel free to apply. Currently the Gwinnett Medical system gave all nurses and supervisors raises because they paid them so low they were leaving. As a tech you have peoples lives in your hands and no such raises were given. I've averaged not quite .10 a year in raises which they only start you at minimum pay which is 11.10/hr. The only duty you will not perform that nurses who make 30+/hr is give medications. The other part of the time the nurses are sitting in front of computers "charting". You can start at a rate with most retail or restaurant jobs that will take you 10 years of service with Gwinnett Medical Center. Yes most people are amazing there, but if you liked to be lied to by supervisors it's an excellent opportunity for that. Was promised in a face to face conversation with 2 supervisor myself and all techs were getting raises for 2 months. This did not occur. Now they are not giving techs annual raise because they spent too much money on giving all nurses and supervisors raises. This is why i'm currently on indeed looking for employment now so I can leave were they use and abuse you as a human because you don't have a degree.
Pros
Cons
Management treats you like scum on the bottom of their feet
Warm family like environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 8, 2016
Always new things to learn,ability to work other stations, able to give ideas on how to insure safe keeping of patients record management is excellent.
Felt comfortable in my position
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working in a hospital environment where I could interact with people truly in need. My duties included providing a safe place for staff to work, patients to receive care, family and visitors (feeling true anxiety) to interact with their patient. At times it was necessary to control situations by use of rip restraints on patients, requesting people to leave the property who no longer had business on the property.
Pros
good working staff
Cons
people loosing pespective
fast paced floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 9, 2017
fast paced floor with a lot of room for learning. Morale of staff is low but improving. High turnover rate on some units. Hardest part is nurse to patient ratio.
One of my very best experiences....
Imaging Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 25, 2012
On a typical day working at Gwinnett Medical you may encounter things that will shock the average person. Gunshot wounds, car accidents, people dying, sick or in need of help formed a part of my regular routine. It was at Gwinnett Medical were i learned to be empathetic with people & to make decisions while managing to work at a constant pace. The hardest part of my job was confronting emotional tragedies such as seeing someone dying right in front of your eyes, but they people I worked with at Gwinnett embraced you like a family. One of the most enjoyable things about the job was leaving every shift with a great feeling of satisfaction because you knew deep down inside you made a difference in the world.
Pros
room for advancement, profesional & supportive staff, great benefits, compensation based on merit, healthy food options.
Cons
management very disconected & uncaring of most of the problems their employes have.
Was once a great place to work!!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  LawrencevilleApril 30, 2013
Worked here for 17 years in the most stressful and fast paced part of the hospital. Retired. Tried to go back 2 years later and was told I didn't have the qualifications after all the years I had been there.
Loved every minute I was there. The management and higher ups need to all be replaced now. This was once a family oriented place to work. Now it's strickly business. They don't care about their employees. No matter how dedicated you have been over the years and how hard you have worked they will not think twice about letting you go, just to save a few bucks and making sure they get their bonuses at the end of the year.
My co-workers were the best. Most of whom have left because it is such a horribe plae to work now.
Pros
Good benefits. Great co-workers.
Cons
Lousy management. Too much politics.
great place to work
Cardiac Monitor Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2016
Pros
Close to home, friendly staff
Cons
Policies only apply to certain people
???
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits and support from the staff and management. Looking for a full time position in nursing.
Horrible place to work for
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2015
Looked down on you if you got sick, wanted you to take constant verbal abuse from associates and compared to other hospital HR departments, very disorganized!!!
Pros
regular hours
Cons
high schoolish, gossiping, non supportive management and terrible benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location