Gwinnett Medical Center

Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Warm family like environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 8, 2016
Always new things to learn,ability to work other stations, able to give ideas on how to insure safe keeping of patients record management is excellent.
Great team to work with, great work flow, fluid work environment
CT Technologist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working at Gwinnett Medical center. The employees get along like a family, and even though the workload is heavy at times, that fact fades into the background because of the way we all work together to get the job done
Pros
Teamwork, wages, shift availability, great management
Cons
I don't live in town
great place to work
Cardiac Monitor Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2016
You have to be careful about how you are perceived to your coworkers. Policies are not applied to everybody. But if you want to be apart of the team go ahead just make sure that once your on the team you stay on the team. Never deviate from how the team wants it to be done.
Pros
Close to home, friendly staff
Cons
Policies only apply to certain people
Management is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2016
Pros
Policies only apply to certain people
Cons
Benefits and the pay rate only on the night shift
Felt comfortable in my position
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working in a hospital environment where I could interact with people truly in need. My duties included providing a safe place for staff to work, patients to receive care, family and visitors (feeling true anxiety) to interact with their patient. At times it was necessary to control situations by use of rip restraints on patients, requesting people to leave the property who no longer had business on the property.
Pros
good working staff
Cons
people loosing pespective
applied several times work in hospital for 2 years never hire
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 5, 2016
this company only hires people they know and never gives anyone else a chance they will always be hire people because you will never get good quality people
busy and fun
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 15, 2016
Supportive staff, flexible and willing to listen and work as a team. Provide good opportunity for learning and expanding skills.
busy workplace
Financial Counselor - Preauthorization Call Center (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 23, 2016
busy workplace, phones ringing all of the time, emails coming through constantly, can be a busy work environment but quiet sometimes
Unknown
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Good place to work in general. The work week is about 37.5 hours so employee won't go into overtime. Thirty minute lunches. No organized breaks. Just get to run to the restroom when you have a minute. Very stringent legal policies due to privacy issues.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 14, 2015
Had to leave for personal reasons. Nurses were Fantastic. Staff was Wonderful to work with. Co-workers were Friendly and fun to work with always helpful.
Pros
Great Workers
Cons
Never slow, always busy hospital that keeps expanding by renovating and adding additional rooms/buildings!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 9, 2015
From the beginning to the end of shift, I was always going at a fast pace. There was hardly ever a slow, laid back moment to relax except if I was working 3rd shift (which were my normal hours) from about 3am to around 5-6am (Not every night) or your lunch break in which you only got 30min and that was about the time it took to get downstairs to the cafeteria, order, pay, and go back upstairs in your department to eat (if you didnt eat in cafeteria). You barely had time to actually eat your lunch unless it was between patients or scarfing the food down your throat! I felt like most of the employees at the hospital HATED their jobs and were always in a bad mood, complaining, swearing under their breath, gossiping about patients or other employees, and just counting down the hours until their shift ended. I met maybe a handful of employees that were fun to be around and made me like going to work, because I noticed that being around the negative ones made me dread coming to work daily. Management was pretty much the same way. They had their "favorites" employees and I felt like most did not care about the employees they were managing, all we were to them was another number. Management did not do their jobs efficiently (well, in Radiology department I can say) because they were always going Over Budget bc they didnt plan and keep up with the plan accordingly. And bc of that, they cut the employees hours, making us suffer in less work which meant less pay. And we would get written up for clocking in and out 1-5 early/late!! The hardest part of the job was working with Doctors and  more... Radiologist's that were Rude and thought we (X-Ray Techs/personnel) and pretty much everyone else who weren't doctors were beneath them. Also, there were alot of difficult patients to deal with and it was hard sometimes when the nurses could be nowhere to be found, because once they saw a department coming to transport their patient's somewhere, they always seemed to disappear on us. I enjoyed the friends I did make while working at Gwinnett Medical Center. We were close and did activities outside of work together. I also enjoyed the pay and benefits. That's the one thing the hospital did right! And I also learned alot from other employees/Doctors/Radiologists/etc. that actually liked to teach new employees/students who just graduated new things. I learned many different techniques to use so that I could take X-Rays faster and still get the same quality images. It also felt good to help others in need and that were sick/injured and felt good to have the patients praise you and thank you for helping them. That always made me feel better and reminded me of why I went into the Healthcare/patient care field in the 1st place, because the other negative employees/managers/and rude doctors/Radiologist sometimes would cloud my mind of that. In the future, I would NOT go back to work there. The job is highly stressful, fast paced and will burn you out quickly! Also, I don't really want to go back to working with the type of people that are employed there. The patient care and bedside manor of doctors and other employees are unacceptable to me and if I ever need to go to the hospital for some reason in the future, it will NOT be Gwinnett Medical, the Lawrenceville location and I DO NOT recommend anyone to go there whenever someone asks me to this day!  less
Pros
Great pay, benefits and job stability/advancement
Cons
Short lunches, Negative Staff, always rushed at job
Great Place To Work
Lead Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 26, 2015
A typical day has many scheduled surgeries and inductions of labor. The high census keeps the staff busy and eager for more. The compassion for the population exceeds its reputation
???
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits and support from the staff and management. Looking for a full time position in nursing.
Great locations
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 15, 2015
Great place to work if you live in Gwinnett County.
Many locations throughout the county.
Does tend to have downsizing of positions every 5 years.
Pros
Cons
pay
Love my job , the environment is toxic
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 31, 2015
Like the job but the environment is toxic! six associates in my dept has quit!!! numerous complaints were made to hr, nothing done about it. We were punished for making complaints, no more breaks, no wearing jeans on Fridays , just for making complaints! Im hoping things will change when Northside merges. I would like to transfer to another dept, I don't think the whole hospital is like this.
Pros
compensation
Cons
toxic environment
very great place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed working at Gwinnett Medical Center! The patients were great. It was a very demanding job as I worked in the Emergency room. It was also very rewarding. to be able to help someone live or just fell better, it had its rewards every day.
Pros
got to work with a lot of different type of people.
Cons
very stressful
Cozy work atmosphere and great location
PeriAnesthesia Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 22, 2015
Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth is a smaller version of its location in Lawrenceville.
I enjoyed the smaller environment of being able to get to know co-workers in other departments.
Location is great!
bad
PRN Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 18, 2015
not a good place to work or to be treated as a pt.
Done,done, done, done,done, done, done.
nothing more to say, done
They treat pts bad and they treat nurses bad.
a great place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 14, 2015
i love my job i am seeking a part time poistion at a different place just make make extra money. Its is a fun place to work but we are very productive
If you are not at least an RN do not work for GMC
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2015
Take it from a PCT who currently works at GMC in Lawrenceville. If like to be looked down upon because you're just a tech feel free to apply. Currently the Gwinnett Medical system gave all nurses and supervisors raises because they paid them so low they were leaving. As a tech you have peoples lives in your hands and no such raises were given. I've averaged not quite .10 a year in raises which they only start you at minimum pay which is 11.10/hr. The only duty you will not perform that nurses who make 30+/hr is give medications. The other part of the time the nurses are sitting in front of computers "charting". You can start at a rate with most retail or restaurant jobs that will take you 10 years of service with Gwinnett Medical Center. Yes most people are amazing there, but if you liked to be lied to by supervisors it's an excellent opportunity for that. Was promised in a face to face conversation with 2 supervisor myself and all techs were getting raises for 2 months. This did not occur. Now they are not giving techs annual raise because they spent too much money on giving all nurses and supervisors raises. This is why i'm currently on indeed looking for employment now so I can leave were they use and abuse you as a human because you don't have a degree.
Pros
Cons
Management treats you like scum on the bottom of their feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location