Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great coworkers!!
Cardiology, Noninvasive Testing, Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2017
I have worked at Gwinnett Medical Center and have formed lasting friendships, which has been one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. I was able to flex my hours and complete my MSN while employed at GMC.
Fun place to work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2017
Enjoy working at GMC. We have busy days at time, but that cool. have been here since 2014. I love my schedule, it works well with my life style. Come join the team on our floor.
High Turnover on 6 south
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 16, 2017
This floor has poor management. There's not a diverse staff. Nurses are overworked. There's high turnover, which speaks volume. Too many negative vibes on the floor.
Pros
Cons
high turnover, poor management
Amazing place
NICU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2017
Wonderful work environment. cater to their employees need. need to work more on benefits and should allow workers to have overtime if needed. to be terse, every company has it pros and cons and i won't choose anywhere else to work.
Great Culture!!!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 14, 2017
Gwinnett Medical Center is the best kept secret in healthcare in the Atlanta market!

I've worked for Children's, Piedmont and HCA and, hands-down, Gwinnett Medical Center is the BEST when it comes to feeling like you are part of a "family". The people here take great pride in serving this wonderful community...and it shows!
Pros
Nicest people, easy commute.
Enjoyable place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Gwinnett Medical Center. I have a great group of people in my department. We are always there to help each other. We work well as a team.

There are a lot of friendly people throughout the hospital system. It's a big family.

We also have occasional get together's which 99% of the time involves food. Yay.

I have learned sometime new every day. I enjoy the satisfaction of hiring a person into a position and seeing them succeed in the position.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I help all the managers fill their positions in a timely manner. When working with many at one time it can be balancing act.

I have a strong work ethic so I do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Pros
flexible work schedule
What a great organization
Associate (Current Employee) –  GMC-LJune 14, 2017
Cannot say enough good things about the folks that work at this organization they really care about the patients and the service they provide. I am truly fortunate to be part of this organization.
Pros
Caring genuine culture
Cons
Open cafe at night.
Work Life Balance
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 14, 2017
I loved working for this company and the company culture made it very relaxed. They really embrace work life balance and I always enjoyed going into work. I also was never micro managed which was one the reasons why I left my previous employer to work for GWC
Pros
Work life balance, Management
Cons
N/a
Trying to make it
Nutrition Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 12, 2017
Over-worked and under-paid. Try to go to different departments but they keep you from excelling, with made-up rules and in house relationships. Considering going to a different hospital
Best hospital in Gwinnett County
Ob/GYN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 6, 2017
I resigned from GMC in 2015. I loved working at this hospital. The facility was cleaned and well maintained. The staff was professional and provided great care to the patients.
Cons
A healthcare system dedicated to providing optimal healthcare to the public and encouraging their employees to obtain higher levels of learning.
STAFF RN-PRE OP/PHASE II RECOVERY (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
I have worked almost every region of America and have been in the medical field long enough, to witness many dramatic changes to it's approach on providing treatment to the public. I have been fortunate to witness one of the biggest changes in healthcare and it was to teach the doctors, nurses, therapist and other ancillary staff about caring for the patient and understanding their cultural/religious and economic levels. At Gwinnett Medical Center, they have mastered this treatment of care on all levels. They do not only provide their public with this consideration, but treat their staff with the same considerations. This hospital multi cultural staff and the nurturing atmosphere is very conducive to providing the upmost, update medical care in the world. They encourage the staff to better themselves through education, their own health and well being. I believe this foundation helps their staff, in being more motivated and in tune to the medical care they provide the public.
Pros
Employee education and incentives
Cons
Their medical plan for employees.
Better Management
Patient Acct Rep/ Follow-up (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 4, 2017
Love my job but I just wish we had better management! The workplace culture is no talking to your co workers unless it's at lunchtime. Just found out that we will not have a job in Sept due to the pratices are leaving, hopefully the hosp find jobs to place employees! I don't think ALL of the departments are like this!
Cons
No breaks
Real Chaplain are born or burnt out here
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Imagine working a 24 or 16 hour shift with various intense situations, getting little to no sleep or downtime. They work you like a work horse and give you less than 24 hours to recover before coming back to work another 8 hours. Its a broken system for Interns and residents, that will make or break the individual.
Pros
Good experience dealing with trauma
Cons
24 and 16 hour shifts without adequate recovery
I have a meaningful job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 29, 2017
The hours are very long. Especially on night shift. Mandatory classes are always on day shift so it seems like my hours are backwards from the rest of the world. Benefits are good.
Productive and fun place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 28, 2017
Good environment to work in. I love working there. The people are friendly. It is good for me because of the experience that I had. I love the management
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 25, 2017
Well integrated with the staff members.
Enjoyed working here and learned a lot with administrative assistance.
The hardest part of the job is scheduling at times.
Pros
Growth and development
Cons
Heavy work load at times
This hospital is not organized.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 24, 2017
I come to work with a positive attitude daily, but management seems to always make you feel non important, which makes an unpleasant work place. I am not happy.
Excellent workplace
Nurse Practitioner, Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 17, 2017
Excellent Cardiologists, excellent peers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team. It is unfortunate that the contract between the Hospital and the Cardiology Department did not go through as expected.
Great work environment with reasonable pay.
Patient Care Tech. March2013-Present (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 14, 2017
My day consist of constant moving from patient care to picking up supplies or transporting patients to and from procedures. I learn a lot from the nurses I work with and from the patients I take care of.They teach me out to be humble and compassionate. They culture is pretty good lots of teamwork more like a family because we generally care about each other. The hardest part of the job is when you see young teens come in from tragic accidents and what the parents have to go through. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the recovery process of your patients.
Pros
I live 8 minutes away from the workplace.
Cons
Healthcare benefits are not so good.
They aren't fair.
Patient Access Specialist In ER (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 12, 2017
The have a lot of favoritism and they are very shady. They let their favorites do what they want while everybody else has to follow the rules! I don't think that's fair! Makes you want to quit almost every day!
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Boss was awful and very fake and unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location