Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Learning intership
Gwinnett Medical Explorers (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 28, 2017
In this facility I was able to learn about different jobs within the hospital. With many different buildings, we were able to shadow many doctors and understand why they chose that path.
Pros
clean and amazing experience
Cons
not enough time
Gmc ER Tech
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 27, 2017
I truly enjoyed working here and have thought about returning, this is a level 2 trauma center. Loved with both adults and children. love the payroll deduction for the cafeteria
Pros
payroll deduction for cafeteria
Cons
short lunchs
Great workplace with great people
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 21, 2017
I work three 12 hour shifts. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the medical staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see patient getting better and being able to discharge them home.
Pros
Great staff
family atmosphere
Nursing Shift Supervisor/staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 20, 2017
Challenging and fun at the same time. Great team work and family atmosphere. We bond with all our families and babies. Learning new things, practices, medical advancements daily. I love my job and my coworker family.
Pros
infant going home
Cons
deceleartion of care
No perks, long hours, difficult to advance
Staff Nurse, Maternal/Infant Department (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 17, 2017
Overall, I did not enjoy working for this hospital. There are no perks, the hours are long and advancement is difficult. The facility is new and the care is good, however.
Pros
new facility, good care
Cons
no perks, difficult to advance
its a good work place
Medical Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 26, 2017
great place to learn and gain experience. I have had a great opportunity to advance however there are some improvement needed for the CBO management team. I think there should be more training for new billing managers and CEOs.
Love the culture at this hospital.
Public Safety Officer II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046March 14, 2017
I totally enjoyed working at GMC. The staff is great, and the security department I was working for was exceptional. The job is very much rewarding, you feel like a difference maker. The shifts are 12 hour, aside from that... great, great, great! Take GOOD care of their employees.
Pros
Great Staff, Excellent Pay, Room for advancement
Cons
NORTHSIDE IS TAKING OVER!
Recruiter
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 10, 2017
An overall great place to work. Experienced several veteran staff that were completely rude and less than helpful from day one. Other new hires at the time expressed the same issues in their department. I love healthcare so again, it's overall great place to work.
This medical facility was a very friendly, and culturally diverse organization. They offered competitive wages and benefits.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 3, 2017
It was a joy to come to work each day. The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help you in any way. I learned so much through every day work, but also in the further education classes they offered. The management in my department were wonderful, and so helpful. The hardest part of the job was that my patients were sick children.The most enjoyable part was the patients recovering, and going home. The friendly staff also made the work enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff, great work environment, great benefits.
Cons
N/A
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to learn medical knowledge and skills to further interest in a medical career path
Able to work in a field of passion
Enjoyed most years I was there.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with patients and their needs. A very busy environment and difficult doctors to work for. A lot of trauma experience
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
Stressful environment
Workplace Culture
Nurse Extern/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The culture of good effective team work is stellar. l learn to prioritize and manage time wisely. A typical day at work is going in and taking report, then prioritizing which patient to see first.
Pros
When status of patient remain and or get better
Cons
The abrupt declining changes in patient's health status
Great volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
I volunteered here and it is perfect for anyone in High School or early in College. Lots of options and places to work and flexible hours. Meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Improvement needed in various areas of management
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 21, 2017
The organization has a lot of potential once it recognizes its most important resource, its employees. A day in the life at Gwinnett Medical Center involves various issues with outdated instrumentation and various Managerial/Training/Communication issues.
Pros
My co-workers are wonderful in spite the various issues cited.
Cons
Various Managerial/Training/Communication Issues plague the Department
A warm and professional environment that is dedicated to quality and safe practice
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 11, 2017
Leadership is dedicated to the professional growth of the employees. There is team work among the staff and patient care is promoted though research and evidenced based practices along with compassion and customer service.
Gwinnett Medical Center
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Its a nice place to work at but unless you know someone it is hard to move to another department, sometimes it feels like you're stuck in one location.
Pros
Convient
Cons
Limited opportunity
Excellent service
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my work is ensuring that patients feel comfortable.Putting a smile on their faces matters the most.The job is never difficult , it's a pleasure working with patients in the infusion room.
productive work place
Nutrition Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 1, 2017
While working for Gwinnett Medical I meet some nice patients. It pushed me to get a degree in the medical field. The overall staff was awesome. Its a small hospital, and everyone was like family. Everyone worked really hard to get patients in and out the hospital.
Pros
beneifits, team work, great work place
Implementation Leader
Integration - Information Services (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJanuary 23, 2017
The hospital was out of federal HIPAA compliance, and were antiquated in EMR systems. They were still using paper trail for patients. Management was lacking and leadership did not exist. New C-suite is needed and new managers are needed. Clean HOUSE!
Great teamwork
Echocardiograph technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Outpatient clinic
9 studies a day on average
Wrote reports
Called patients with results
Called patients to confirm appts
Ordered supplies
Put up supplies
Pros
Always had educational meetings
Cons
New manager was bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location