Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

save lives with one case at a time
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 4, 2016
Get place to work for. I have grown so much in the past 10 years working there. Working in the Operating Room allowed me to experience something new everyday and learn so much from the Doctors who do a great job saving lives.
Excellent service
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my work is ensuring that patients feel comfortable.Putting a smile on their faces matters the most.The job is never difficult , it's a pleasure working with patients in the infusion room.
I have a very rewarding job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2016
Every shift at work is filled with new experiences, I get to see happiness and sorrow. Having to work with a great team of health care providers it has been a true blessing. Helping patients and families through difficult times is the most rewarded part of my job.
Great teamwork
Echocardiograph technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Outpatient clinic
9 studies a day on average
Wrote reports
Called patients with results
Called patients to confirm appts
Ordered supplies
Put up supplies
Pros
Always had educational meetings
Cons
New manager was bad
Enjoyed most years I was there.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with patients and their needs. A very busy environment and difficult doctors to work for. A lot of trauma experience
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
Stressful environment
friendly people
Lead Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the employers there, I learned a lot. The people I worked with were very friendly, I also enjoyed drawing blood from the patients they were very friendly. All of my co-workers really liked working with me
Pros
loved my hours
Cons
short breaks
Great volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
I volunteered here and it is perfect for anyone in High School or early in College. Lots of options and places to work and flexible hours. Meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Warm family like environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 8, 2016
Always new things to learn,ability to work other stations, able to give ideas on how to insure safe keeping of patients record management is excellent.
fast paced floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 9, 2017
fast paced floor with a lot of room for learning. Morale of staff is low but improving. High turnover rate on some units. Hardest part is nurse to patient ratio.
Was once a great place to work!!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  LawrencevilleApril 30, 2013
Worked here for 17 years in the most stressful and fast paced part of the hospital. Retired. Tried to go back 2 years later and was told I didn't have the qualifications after all the years I had been there.
Loved every minute I was there. The management and higher ups need to all be replaced now. This was once a family oriented place to work. Now it's strickly business. They don't care about their employees. No matter how dedicated you have been over the years and how hard you have worked they will not think twice about letting you go, just to save a few bucks and making sure they get their bonuses at the end of the year.
My co-workers were the best. Most of whom have left because it is such a horribe plae to work now.
Pros
Good benefits. Great co-workers.
Cons
Lousy management. Too much politics.
One of my very best experiences....
Imaging Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 25, 2012
On a typical day working at Gwinnett Medical you may encounter things that will shock the average person. Gunshot wounds, car accidents, people dying, sick or in need of help formed a part of my regular routine. It was at Gwinnett Medical were i learned to be empathetic with people & to make decisions while managing to work at a constant pace. The hardest part of my job was confronting emotional tragedies such as seeing someone dying right in front of your eyes, but they people I worked with at Gwinnett embraced you like a family. One of the most enjoyable things about the job was leaving every shift with a great feeling of satisfaction because you knew deep down inside you made a difference in the world.
Pros
room for advancement, profesional & supportive staff, great benefits, compensation based on merit, healthy food options.
Cons
management very disconected & uncaring of most of the problems their employes have.
Felt comfortable in my position
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working in a hospital environment where I could interact with people truly in need. My duties included providing a safe place for staff to work, patients to receive care, family and visitors (feeling true anxiety) to interact with their patient. At times it was necessary to control situations by use of rip restraints on patients, requesting people to leave the property who no longer had business on the property.
Pros
good working staff
Cons
people loosing pespective
If you are not at least an RN do not work for GMC
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2015
Take it from a PCT who currently works at GMC in Lawrenceville. If like to be looked down upon because you're just a tech feel free to apply. Currently the Gwinnett Medical system gave all nurses and supervisors raises because they paid them so low they were leaving. As a tech you have peoples lives in your hands and no such raises were given. I've averaged not quite .10 a year in raises which they only start you at minimum pay which is 11.10/hr. The only duty you will not perform that nurses who make 30+/hr is give medications. The other part of the time the nurses are sitting in front of computers "charting". You can start at a rate with most retail or restaurant jobs that will take you 10 years of service with Gwinnett Medical Center. Yes most people are amazing there, but if you liked to be lied to by supervisors it's an excellent opportunity for that. Was promised in a face to face conversation with 2 supervisor myself and all techs were getting raises for 2 months. This did not occur. Now they are not giving techs annual raise because they spent too much money on giving all nurses and supervisors raises. This is why i'm currently on indeed looking for employment now so I can leave were they use and abuse you as a human because you don't have a degree.
Pros
Cons
Management treats you like scum on the bottom of their feet
great place to work
Cardiac Monitor Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2016
You have to be careful about how you are perceived to your coworkers. Policies are not applied to everybody. But if you want to be apart of the team go ahead just make sure that once your on the team you stay on the team. Never deviate from how the team wants it to be done.
Pros
Close to home, friendly staff
Cons
Policies only apply to certain people
Nice work enviroment.Veryproffessional.
Patient Liaison Transition Unit, pre-op (Former Employee) –  Lawrencenville, GAMay 28, 2015
Checking in patients for surgery they can enter pre-op. The families are given pagers to reach them if the go to their car or the cafeteria and doctor wants to see them. The people were the best part of the position.

Management was easy to work with and provided classes in Word or other skills that would be beneficial in the workforce. Making sure the schedule was updated and necessary information was provided to the families.

The hardest part of the job was looking for advancement. The position you were in was where you remained. Taking classes to improve skills necessary in the workforce did not necessarily get used.
Pros
Nice clean work envrionment. Positive co-workers.
Cons
Advancemnt opportinities
Gmc
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Daily checked in with patients and athletes to give adequate medical attention when needed.

I learned that although I love Athletic Training I do not want to pursue the traditional setting as a forever career.

The hours are demanding for a young mother who wants to be apart of any type of family life.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working in close relation with others and getting to communicate everyday with people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
odd hours (evening shift)
Ok Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  LawrencevilleJanuary 6, 2015
Gwinnett medical is not a bad hospital. There needs be more leadership of various other racial groups. I do find the company does not promote employees properly. There have been cases where position have been handed without interviews or proper protocol. This has brought the spirit of some employees feeling not appreciated.

Overall the work and compensation is great. I just wish, what you know would get you a job promotion, not who know.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No diversity within leadership departments.
???
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits and support from the staff and management. Looking for a full time position in nursing.
Horrible place to work for
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2015
Looked down on you if you got sick, wanted you to take constant verbal abuse from associates and compared to other hospital HR departments, very disorganized!!!
Pros
regular hours
Cons
high schoolish, gossiping, non supportive management and terrible benefits
Never slow, always busy hospital that keeps expanding by renovating and adding additional rooms/buildings!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 9, 2015
From the beginning to the end of shift, I was always going at a fast pace. There was hardly ever a slow, laid back moment to relax except if I was working 3rd shift (which were my normal hours) from about 3am to around 5-6am (Not every night) or your lunch break in which you only got 30min and that was about the time it took to get downstairs to the cafeteria, order, pay, and go back upstairs in your department to eat (if you didnt eat in cafeteria). You barely had time to actually eat your lunch unless it was between patients or scarfing the food down your throat! I felt like most of the employees at the hospital HATED their jobs and were always in a bad mood, complaining, swearing under their breath, gossiping about patients or other employees, and just counting down the hours until their shift ended. I met maybe a handful of employees that were fun to be around and made me like going to work, because I noticed that being around the negative ones made me dread coming to work daily. Management was pretty much the same way. They had their "favorites" employees and I felt like most did not care about the employees they were managing, all we were to them was another number. Management did not do their jobs efficiently (well, in Radiology department I can say) because they were always going Over Budget bc they didnt plan and keep up with the plan accordingly. And bc of that, they cut the employees hours, making us suffer in less work which meant less pay. And we would get written up for clocking in and out 1-5 early/late!! The hardest part of the job was working with Doctors and  more... Radiologist's that were Rude and thought we (X-Ray Techs/personnel) and pretty much everyone else who weren't doctors were beneath them. Also, there were alot of difficult patients to deal with and it was hard sometimes when the nurses could be nowhere to be found, because once they saw a department coming to transport their patient's somewhere, they always seemed to disappear on us. I enjoyed the friends I did make while working at Gwinnett Medical Center. We were close and did activities outside of work together. I also enjoyed the pay and benefits. That's the one thing the hospital did right! And I also learned alot from other employees/Doctors/Radiologists/etc. that actually liked to teach new employees/students who just graduated new things. I learned many different techniques to use so that I could take X-Rays faster and still get the same quality images. It also felt good to help others in need and that were sick/injured and felt good to have the patients praise you and thank you for helping them. That always made me feel better and reminded me of why I went into the Healthcare/patient care field in the 1st place, because the other negative employees/managers/and rude doctors/Radiologist sometimes would cloud my mind of that. In the future, I would NOT go back to work there. The job is highly stressful, fast paced and will burn you out quickly! Also, I don't really want to go back to working with the type of people that are employed there. The patient care and bedside manor of doctors and other employees are unacceptable to me and if I ever need to go to the hospital for some reason in the future, it will NOT be Gwinnett Medical, the Lawrenceville location and I DO NOT recommend anyone to go there whenever someone asks me to this day!  less
Pros
Great pay, benefits and job stability/advancement
Cons
Short lunches, Negative Staff, always rushed at job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location