Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy and very productive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2017
work days are very busy, PCTs have a lot on their plates. Some days are better than others depending on the nurses working. Overall the job is okay. Night shift is less busy.
GMC workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neurosurgery and spine.October 19, 2017
There was an excellent team dynamic at GMC. I was very pleased at the level of patient care provided, by the providers.The back office staff worked well with the front office and all the team members were willing to help anyone who was behind. Patient care was the number one priority. Management was very easy to talk to if you ever had a problem, and very flexible with needing time to do things for your kids or family. All around it was an excellent and good spirited place to work.The providers genuinely cared about their patients. Providers never made people feel like they had to do any kind of procedure unless it was an absolute necessity. They were very good about trying non invasive methods first. The providers and office staff went out of the way to make sure patients were comfortable and completely understood their plan of care.The Neurosurgery department had a very high success rate and excellent bed side manor, the patients really did love the staff. If I did not have to move so far away I would loved to have stayed.
Pros
upbeat coworkers and an excellent level of patient care.
Cons
sometimes monday through friday can be difficult to get things done outside of work, durng buisness hours, but managment let you take extra time at lunch to do so
The most caring place to work
Charge/Staff Nurse in L&D and HRPNU (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 18, 2017
The best place I have ever worked. They pride themselves in giving the best care to their member. I felt very loved and valued. The upper management really cared about the input of the staff
Productive, Caring and Respectable.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work businesslike, workplace culture are wonderful. Work and do your job and not one will bother you. Very respectable place to work. Keep worker and patient information private.
Fun place to work
Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 8, 2017
Management was great, co workers were great. Typical day was helping patients with their bills and talking about charges that had been posted to their accounts.
no educational advancement
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 4, 2017
Educational advancement is not the culture at GMC. Compared to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, I feel they do not care if to advance your career or not
A great stepping stone
Nutritional Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 4, 2017
This job taught me a lot as far the way hospital operate. However, it also taught me a lot about myself. This is a very fast paced job, but it also gave me an appreciation for the job.
productive
Food Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work, great health benefits, working keeps you on your toes to be aware of dietary restrictions at all times, shifts are flexible and helpful to be able to spend time with you family
Pros
great cafeteria, great health benefits
Cons
always being around sickly people
Productuctive and fun place to work.
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2017
Working at Gwinnett Medical Center was a fun place to work as far as relationship with your co-workers. They were like your second family. The hardest part of the job was that most days we were short staffed
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Thirty Minute Breaks too short
Nice
Unit Secretary/Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Labor & Delivery department as well as the NICU as well. Needing a better nursey for all the sick babies that we receive in the nurse. A better area for parents to privately visiting their babies.
Pros
Longer days off
Cons
Didn't like 12 hour days
Productive and fun place to work.
Registered Nurse Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 19, 2017
9/10 Thank you! Spent over 10 years thanks to you! Hope to work or continue to work there. Management AND staff were understanding and great to work with.
very good patient care,patient are first and foremost
Monitor tech/ unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 17, 2017
very good place to work.need to step-up like most hospital .ex:week-end diff.need better for on night shift,everything is fried,because there is no decent food to eat on nights.
Pros
pay role deductable for full time employees
Cons
no weekend diff, no good food on night shift
Challenging daily patient care , co- workers that care and understand family needs .
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GASeptember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my Job was the patient care , the job did allow me to expand my Knowledge daily . This is something that I need for me to feel challenged. The workload was difficult at times but it also made the day seem to fly by . Never a boring moment !
But most of all I was blessed to feel part of something so big and growing.
Pros
Cons
HealthCare
Okay to work at for individual roles
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 29, 2017
The work place was nice if everyone worked hard at the job. However, this was not always the case, and others would have to pick up the slack for the ones who chose not to put the work in. Management was lenient toward some but harsh on others. The staffing was almost always off, and some would choose to slack off yet again despite short staff.
Pros
Discounted lunch items and many benefits
Cons
Not many food options for all diets and difficult coworkers
I love to work at gwinnett hospital.
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 28, 2017
Gwinnett hospital is a great place to work .the management team are great.I been working for gwinnett medical center for 10 years.I never face anything wrong with the branch.
Fun place to work and learn
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 22, 2017
Vital'
blood sugar
ROM
bathing
feeding
Day to day is very different, you may have anywhere from 10-15 patients depending on the hospital's census.
I work on Med surgical so you will have all types of patients.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Long days
Great environment for a medical profession
Imaging tech assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 19, 2017
I have worked for Gwinnett Medical center for 3 years. And I enjoy the environment. Its a great opportunity to work at this hospital because you learn a lot and will grow as an employee with new knowledge
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Less pay than deserved
Opportunity Galore
Patient Access/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 15, 2017
Opportunity Galore at Gwinnett Medical Center!!!!!!! Great place for career advancement. Many non healthcare fields to choose from within the Hospital
Pros
All Benefits are available to you depending on how many hours you work, regardless of PRN, or part time status
Cons
Medical coverage has high premium, high deductible, high out of pocket, and high coinsurance
Pretty good company to work for
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 9, 2017
The only issue I have with GMC in the area I work in, there isn't much room for advancement. The supervisors pick favorites instead of taking into account the abilities of the employees. The rest of the work though, is great.
Productive, encouraging, motivated work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 8, 2017
Gwinnett Medical center is very inclusive and friendly environment. Everyone is willing to help the other in order to succeed for the greater good of the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location