Gwinnett Medical Center

Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work
Registered Nurse on Medical/telemetry Floor (Current Employee) –  dultuhJuly 1, 2015
A place where everyday is different, a place you learn new skills everyday. Helps you grow in your field. All co-workers and managment are always there to help you out and work as a team to take care of patients.
Neurophysiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 22, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful people to work with. Excellent care given to patients and their family. Physician's were excellent with great bedside manners. Provided training necessary to perform my job.
Nice work enviroment.Veryproffessional.
Patient Liaison Transition Unit, pre-op (Former Employee) –  Lawrencenville, GAMay 28, 2015
Checking in patients for surgery they can enter pre-op. The families are given pagers to reach them if the go to their car or the cafeteria and doctor wants to see them. The people were the best part of the position.

Management was easy to work with and provided classes in Word or other skills that would be beneficial in the workforce. Making sure the schedule was updated and necessary information was provided to the families.

The hardest part of the job was looking for advancement. The position you were in was where you remained. Taking classes to improve skills necessary in the workforce did not necessarily get used.
Pros
Nice clean work envrionment. Positive co-workers.
Cons
Advancemnt opportinities
productive work environment
Nutrition Service (Current Employee) –  (Basement ) ground floorMay 23, 2015
It's a great place to work. It can be stressful at times and the schedule is all over the place. But it still a nice place to work over all.
Pros
very friendly work place
Cons
the right skin color you will advance quickly no experience necessary.
Hospital cafeteria
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 19, 2015
Worked in the hospital cafeteria. Friendly co-workers and management was very professional and fair. Busy during lunch while serving staff and client's families.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, gaApril 12, 2015
Great place to work. Staff was very welcoming. Doctors are really easy going. Sometimes very long hours depending on doctors schedule.
Pros
Love the doctors.
Cons
no lunch breaks.
When I first started it was good. The more I worked with other supervisors I saw different attitudes. Supervisors aren't able to answer questions.
Pateint Access (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2015
The patients and the job itself is not hard. Micromanaging the team is the down fall. Put people in the job that can do the job and stop treating them like kids.
Pros
Co workers are great and will help when needed; ok benefits; wide range of schedules
Cons
too much faviortism
Work together as a team player and professional
Cardiovascular Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawerenceville GaMarch 1, 2015
I work several hours a day until my job is finished no matter how long that may take. Everyday there is always something knew to learn. I work well with others and I am a team player. The hardest part of my job is when the out come is negative, The most enjoyable part is a good outcome.
Pros
40 hour weeks insurance, 401k
Cons
no lunch break
Great place to work with a family atmosphere
EVS Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 26, 2015
I love my co-workers. The job is not hard because we work together as a team, and with teamwork, anythings possible.Providing quality patient care with a smile.
Pros
family oriented
GMC
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Daily checked in with patients and athletes to give adequate medical attention when needed.

I learned that although I love Athletic Training I do not want to pursue the traditional setting as a forever career.

The hours are demanding for a young mother who wants to be apart of any type of family life.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working in close relation with others and getting to communicate everyday with people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
odd hours (evening shift)
Great hospital
Manager, Cardiac Catheterization (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Great hospital. Manager of cardiac cath lab prior to opening interventional department. Growing hospital with good relationsip with community.
Pros
close to home
Great place to work as long as you never want to advance
Admin. (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 15, 2015
The people are great and everyone here is nice and helpful. However, if you ever want to move up into a more advanced position just be warned that it is next to impossible. Our corporate recrutiers will actually tell you that they don't want to have to train someone and that if you want a better job you should leave the company.
Pros
good pay, large amount of vacation time given.
Cons
no internal consideration for employees wanting to succeed.
Ok Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  LawrencevilleJanuary 6, 2015
Gwinnett medical is not a bad hospital. There needs be more leadership of various other racial groups. I do find the company does not promote employees properly. There have been cases where position have been handed without interviews or proper protocol. This has brought the spirit of some employees feeling not appreciated.

Overall the work and compensation is great. I just wish, what you know would get you a job promotion, not who know.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
no diversity within leadership departments.
Learning experience
Operating Room Scrub Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 17, 2014
I was able to assist some of the best doctors in the operating rooms and learn all types of different procedures.
Pros
learning of different types of operations
Cons
long hours and on call hours
Exciting place to work and make own decisions quickly.
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 29, 2014
Greet everybody hello and clock in on time. Ask for new changes and other communication requirements for the day ahead. Get to support customer needs at once. Answer phone calls and prepare and complete customer requests. Manage priorities in order to satisfy customer needs. Support other staff members as needed in order to meet customer demand. Float to other areas of the organization as needed. Sometimes work load can be stressful when different customers need different services at the same time. However, at the end of the day when all customers are happy and satisfied, I breath a sense of relief and relaxation.
Pros
a good way to pay the bills.
Cons
not the career path i wanted after college.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 24, 2014
Fast, paced job but company has great teamwork and benefits. I feel like management cares about your success as a nurse. Great resources such as continuing eduaction classes and a medical library. Hospital is full of great doctors who are experts in their field and care about their patients.
GMC
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  GMCOctober 27, 2014
poor management lazy employees no fair shakes at full time supervisors played favorites
Nutrition Technican
Nutrition Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2014
Helping create diet specific meals for some patients. Completing menu choices for patient requests. Helping cooks create entrees for the the cafeteria. Delivering meals to patients on the different floors of the hospital. Keeping the kitchens and cooking areas clean
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
pushing around large 100-200 lbs serving boxes
Great team to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2014
I work on an Acute/Intermediate/Critical Care Unit focusing on patients with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. This is the third hospital I have worked for and by far, the BEST. The staff is extremely supportive and encouraging. We all help each other and never leave another staff member to do difficult work alone. The hardest part of this job is the same as anywhere else: some of our patients can be....a little nutty! But, considering that that is the nature of our job, providing the best possible nursing care to others when they are sick, it is the best place I know of to work!
Pros
great team to work with and excellent managment
Cons
understaffed...but we make up for it as a team!
externship
Cardiovascular Extern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 14, 2014
Learned a lot and had a very good supervisor to critic my work.
Pros
great experience
Cons
was too far from home.