Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

very good patient care,patient are first and foremost
Monitor tech/ unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 17, 2017
very good place to work.need to step-up like most hospital .ex:week-end diff.need better for on night shift,everything is fried,because there is no decent food to eat on nights.
Pros
pay role deductable for full time employees
Cons
no weekend diff, no good food on night shift
Challenging daily patient care , co- workers that care and understand family needs .
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GASeptember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my Job was the patient care , the job did allow me to expand my Knowledge daily . This is something that I need for me to feel challenged. The workload was difficult at times but it also made the day seem to fly by . Never a boring moment !
But most of all I was blessed to feel part of something so big and growing.
Pros
Cons
HealthCare
Okay to work at for individual roles
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 29, 2017
The work place was nice if everyone worked hard at the job. However, this was not always the case, and others would have to pick up the slack for the ones who chose not to put the work in. Management was lenient toward some but harsh on others. The staffing was almost always off, and some would choose to slack off yet again despite short staff.
Pros
Discounted lunch items and many benefits
Cons
Not many food options for all diets and difficult coworkers
I love to work at gwinnett hospital.
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 28, 2017
Gwinnett hospital is a great place to work .the management team are great.I been working for gwinnett medical center for 10 years.I never face anything wrong with the branch.
Fun place to work and learn
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 22, 2017
Vital'
blood sugar
ROM
bathing
feeding
Day to day is very different, you may have anywhere from 10-15 patients depending on the hospital's census.
I work on Med surgical so you will have all types of patients.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Long days
Great environment for a medical profession
Imaging tech assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 19, 2017
I have worked for Gwinnett Medical center for 3 years. And I enjoy the environment. Its a great opportunity to work at this hospital because you learn a lot and will grow as an employee with new knowledge
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Less pay than deserved
Opportunity Galore
Patient Access/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 15, 2017
Opportunity Galore at Gwinnett Medical Center!!!!!!! Great place for career advancement. Many non healthcare fields to choose from within the Hospital
Pros
All Benefits are available to you depending on how many hours you work, regardless of PRN, or part time status
Cons
Medical coverage has high premium, high deductible, high out of pocket, and high coinsurance
Pretty good company to work for
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 9, 2017
The only issue I have with GMC in the area I work in, there isn't much room for advancement. The supervisors pick favorites instead of taking into account the abilities of the employees. The rest of the work though, is great.
Productive, encouraging, motivated work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 8, 2017
Gwinnett Medical center is very inclusive and friendly environment. Everyone is willing to help the other in order to succeed for the greater good of the patients.
Productive / Fun Working Environment
Security/Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 4, 2017
Undergoing structure with the department, but overall a Great place to work.

Patrol floors, deescalate situations when needed, Primarily a deterrence with presence.
Pros
Flexible Schedules / PTO
Cons
Co-workers can be unprofessional.
Solid environment to work.
Clinical Decision Unit Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2017
Large, growing facility.
Many opportunities available.
Many areas to learn from, good educational programs available.
Good place to work, close to home.
12 hour shifts are not conducive to a safe work environment
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2017
Many nurses would prefer to return to 8 hr shifts but this is not a possibility at this time. Patient-nurse rations are too high which puts both nurses and patients at risk.
Its a pretty good place to work considering all the other hospitals.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 20, 2017
Considering all the other hospitals in ATL, Gwinnett is pretty fair with compensation, very diverse...a really great place to work!!!
I would definitely work there again if offered!!!
Nice work environment
Rn staff nurse, day surgery pacu (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 19, 2017
Worked outpatient PACU for 1 1/2 yrs, people were nice. Management helpful.
8 hour shifts occasional call
Taking Call was the hardest, had small children at home
The staff was great, helpful and supportive
Managers abuse their authority
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2017
In the beginning, being a PAS was cool, because of what I did not know. Eventually, I started to see the managers' true colors and how they managed their staff. They have no remorse or sympathy for their employees, and they treat you like the children that you aren't. The turnover rate in the department is unbelievable.
Pros
Clinical staff was awesome
Cons
Patient Access department will never change
clinical manager
CLINICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work. I have been here for over 21 years. I have held several positions. The hospital continues to grow, because the community is growing. We now offer open heart surgery, so our patient no longer have to go to Atlanta for this procedure.
Summary of work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 11, 2017
Your day varies from day to day due to it is a hospital, however no two days are the same. Some micro management depending on who shift you work on. I learned some leadership skills that were valuable to me in conducting my job. I like the fact it gave me opportunity to help people in need of crisis, I loved the job but the atmosphere had changed.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, you get necessary training often
Cons
High turn over rate, new system set up for raises
Great coworkers!!
Cardiology, Noninvasive Testing, Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2017
I have worked at Gwinnett Medical Center and have formed lasting friendships, which has been one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. I was able to flex my hours and complete my MSN while employed at GMC.
Fun place to work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2017
Enjoy working at GMC. We have busy days at time, but that cool. have been here since 2014. I love my schedule, it works well with my life style. Come join the team on our floor.
High Turnover on 6 south
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 16, 2017
This floor has poor management. There's not a diverse staff. Nurses are overworked. There's high turnover, which speaks volume. Too many negative vibes on the floor.
Pros
Cons
high turnover, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gwinnett Medical Center Reviews by Location