Gwinnett Technical College Employee Reviews

Overall Workplace Enviornment
Asset Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 4, 2017
Overall GTC is a great place to work. The employees are great. Compensation can be improved for what you do. I work in Asset Management which handles all the capital and non-capital assets for the college.
Pros
many different aspects of my job which keeps it interesting
Cons
Getting some departments to follow policies and guidelines
not applicable
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 6, 2017
This is not applicable to me. I am an adjunct instructor, so I don't feel that I know enough information to answer these types of questions honestly and thoroughly.
Na
Welding Program Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my position at GTC. Management was easy to work for as long as you did your job, as it should be. Anyone that thinks a teaching position is easy...try that shoe on and walk with it. There is more paperwork than you could imaging. With that being said,,, would I go back? Yes, I still receive calls from students thanking me for what they had been able to achieve with their career choice. That is the best
Nursing Insturctor
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2017
I teach both practical nursing and registered nursing students. I have a lot especially how to improve my public speaking. I feel the headrest part of the job is that we are understaffed.
Learning experience daily working with students
Career Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 5, 2017
Assisting student with resume writing, job and internship searches. Teamwork was huge aspect of the job. I learned to respect people for who they are
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No benefits
Great Workplace
Veterans Resource Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2017
I began my employment at Gwinnett Technical College in 2015; best decision I've made. All staff and faculty are friendly...definitely a cool work environment,
Convenient Place to work
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 27, 2017
Gwinnett Technical College is the second largest technical in the state of Georgia. I have learned about accounting related jobs and techniques. The staff are very helpful and cooperative.
part time job
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 27, 2017
A project is temporary in that it has a defined beginning and end in time, and therefore defined scope and resources.

And a project is unique in that it is not a routine operation, but a specific set of operations designed to accomplish a singular goal. So a project team often includes people who don’t usually work together – sometimes from different organizations and across multiple geographies.

The development of software for an improved business process, the construction of a building or bridge, the relief effort after a natural disaster, the expansion of sales into a new geographic market — all are projects.

And all must be expertly managed to deliver the on-time, on-budget results, learning and integration that organizations need.

Project management, then, is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements.
I was a student there
Student (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Quality education for the price. Knowledgeable instructors. Would recommend. Offer many courses of study for reasonable tuition. Good career counselors.
Pros
Quality education for a good price
Cons
Long drive for where I lived
Fun Place to work
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 24, 2016
I love teaching the students and sharing my skills and abilities. Its nice to fill like I am giving back in helping students who want to excel in this career.
Pros
Free to teach class the way I want
Cons

Want to know more about Gwinnett Technical College?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work!
Full-Time Instructor, Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 28, 2016
The environment at GTC is positive among the faculty, staff, and the students. The college is growing with ample opportunities.
Great Place
Shipping & Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 17, 2016
Great place to work, nice people as long as you keep to yourself. Some days were slow depending on what area you worked in. pretty much got along with the co-workers. Hardest part about this job was not able to take a day off because i did not have anyone to cover my area.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management, want you do delivery(do all the work) and not be paid for it.
challenging and learning environment
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed everyday to make the college web site beautiful and add code to improve functionality of the applications.

I had to update content information daily. Also answer any question from customers and request details.
Organization
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 29, 2016
It is good place to work but very limited in training opportunities and growth. The is it friendly and family culture and the faculty and staff are great to work with overall.
Pros
The staff are great to work and since this is a educational institution, you can learn a lot in other trades and take their programs as well.
Cons
Limited are very little training opportunities. Advancement opportunities are limited
Treat people with respect and we honor our promises.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 2, 2016
Everyone is devoted to the job, and are accountable to the students, the peers and the leaders. Gwinnett Technical College embraces diversity and are resilient in the goal is to serve an all-inclusive audience. In the financial aid department everyone helps each other on and main goal is to service the student.
Pros
We are a team working together
Gwinnet Tech
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAMay 25, 2016
A wonderful working environment and with every student that enters you have a chance to impart your knowledge in a learning environment.
Pros
Flexible and Exciting
Excellent place to work
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Every day I learn something new about information technology at GTC and computer programming.

It is a technical college, so I am always exposed to emerging trends in technology.
Growing career-based institution
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Gwinnett Technical College is a career-based institution that is growing tremendously. It is a great institution to work and the management and co-workers are much like family. I enjoy the flexibility in my job the most and the people that I work with.
Gwinnett Technical College
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 29, 2015
This is a great college to work and experience the world of teaching, especially if you've never taught before. The faculty all love their job and truly care about their students. The campus facilities are all very up-to-date and worth every penny.The classes are also worthy of a challenge. No matter what path you choose to go towards in your career pursuits, this technical college will offer you a great foundation through its challenging classes and labs.
Nice place to work
Lead Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 31, 2015
I like to work at GTC since it is challenging work at times while learning new things every day. This job give opportunity to learn about students issues and solutions.
Pros
Learning lot