Gwinnnett Medical Center

Gwinnnett Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It is inspiring to work as a volunteer. The patients are cheerful to have someone visit them and attend to their needs. Typical day at work transport and discharge patients, sanitize iv pumps, receive and direct phone calls, pick up medical supplies and deliver medical records.
Great hospital system
Volunteer (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time spent at GMC.The staff was friendly and they were really concerned about the patients' care. It was an excellent working environment.
People work really well together as a team
Registered Staff Nurse, Center for Neuroscience (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: can be very stressful
People come together to work well as a team for the benefit of the patient.
Stability but lots of changes occurring
Pro-Fee Coder (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay rate is great
Cons: not family friendly, lacking moral and lots of negativity.
Originally I loved my job. There started to become a lot of favortism and changes happening, which were not always for the best. This created a lot of tension and very hostile environment. There is no room for advancement unless your favored regardless of qualifications.
Interesting Place to Work
Nutritional Services Hostess (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement; poor management
Good place to work however, not much room for advancement and the management was not very good.
553 Bed Hospital, Medical Staff Administration
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 29, 2014
Office includes Credentialing services, Chief Medical Officer, and VP of Physician Services.
Labor and Delivery
Labor & Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: constantly learning
Cons: weekend shift
Though the weekend shift, enjoyed learning new things everyday. Not one situation was ever the same.
Worked Nights.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 8, 2014
I was nice and comfortable place to work. Everyone helped out. Management was sometimes understanding of your situation other than that no issues with GMC.
Great job no room to move up
Unknown (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: the benefits are great
Cons: little room for advancement
I currently work for someone without a college degree. The job is made for a person to have at least a nursing or bachelors degree. My boss has neither. I have worked in the healthcare field for 13yrs in the same field. Sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. Well in my case, here at work, that is the case. Overall Gwinnett medical is great – more... job. I have nothing bad to say about my job. I just wish I had a chance to move up. – less
Looking for suitable opportunity to lead a team of professionals, where I can show my skill-sets, and customers, professional and efficient services.
EVS Supervisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Most enjoyable part of my job is making sur ethat patients are having surgery and recovering in the cleanest rooms in any hospital.
EXCELLENT STAFF, FAMILY ENVIRONMENT BETWEEN THE STAFF
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 22, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: may not get a break because of work load, but its okay still
MY DAYS AT GWINNETT WERE GREAT, TEAM WORK WAS A IMPORTANT PART OF OUR ROLE. MANAGEMENT MADE SURE THAT WE ALL PLAYED A PART AS THE TEAM. WE HAD MONTHLY MEETINGS AS WELL AS DAILY ROUNDING WITH STAFF ON THE UNIT TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNEW WHAT THE DAILY WORK LOAD WOULD BE LIKE IF THERE WAS SPECIAL PROCEDURES THAT WOULD BE COMPLETED WITH PATIENTS. I LOVED – more... MY JOB HERE BECAUSE EVERYBODY DIDNT MIND HELPING AND BEING A TEAM PLAYER. I WAS ALS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO MOVE UP AS A UNIT SECRETARY BEFORE I HAD TO RELOCATE TO FLORIDA. EXCELLING IN THE COMPANY WAS EASY IF YOU WORKED HARD,POSITIVE AND ENJOYED WHAT YOU DONE. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WELL..... I CAN'T REALLY SAY IT WAS HARD BECAUSE BEING A CARE GIVER IS HARD WITHIN ITS SELF. BUT ENJOYABLE AT THE SAME TIME. WHEN YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO NOTHING IS HARD, JUST CHALLENGING. – less
it was a very nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 18, 2013
A typical day was twelve hours long. The patients were typically friendly and enjoyable to be around. I learned how do do specific procedures that will help me in my nursing career. I never really saw management to much due to the fact that I worked nights. The hardest part of the day was the intense amount of time one was on their feet. The most enjoyable – more... part was the patients knowing they had someone who cared for them, and to see them smile. – less
5 Stars
PAS (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits, stability, professionalism
Cons: short breaks
I love working with GMC. My employers saw potential in me and hired me, without experience and without the preferred educational background. I am very thankful for my position with this company and with the professionalism of their procedures; I am thankful to have work at all and, moreover, work that I do not resent.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with great opportunities to learn
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 8, 2013
Typical work day includes 20+ cases spread between 3-4 Labs

Gained experience with equipment such as IMPELLA and CSI

Coworkers are fun and knowledgeable

Management is knowledgeable and approachable
great plece to work
Supply Distribution Warehouse - Supply Technician (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 18, 2013
great plece to work, I learned a lot there in the year's I worked here
so far so good.
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 3, 2013
I am currently doing my clinicals there and they are awesome. no complaints.
Best team I have been apart of.
Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 24, 2013
Cons: short breaks, holiday requirements
A genuine caring staff. Staff works together as a team and help those in need. Patient satisfaction and care is priority.
GMC
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: scheduling
Excellent company to work for. Based upon the department that you work in, no two days are ever the same. You meet and encounter a myriad of people. Co workers are great as well.
structured and rigorous
Radiology Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: many shifts
Cons: short breaks, senority, management not stable
on the job training was easy accessible and was rather easy to understand and apply on a daily basis.
Great training experience
Training Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: educational
My time at Gwinnett Medical I was earning my clinical hours to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. All of the staff there is cooperative, and they were willing to help myself along with the other Maxwell High School students.

1 2 3