Gwinnnett Medical Center

Gwinnnett Medical Center Employer Reviews

Learning experience
Operating Room Scrub Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: learning of different types of operations
Cons: long hours and on call hours
I was able to assist some of the best doctors in the operating rooms and learn all types of different procedures.
Exciting place to work and make own decisions quickly.
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: a good way to pay the bills.
Cons: not the career path i wanted after college.
Greet everybody hello and clock in on time. Ask for new changes and other communication requirements for the day ahead. Get to support customer needs at once. Answer phone calls and prepare and complete customer requests. Manage priorities in order to satisfy customer needs. Support other staff members as needed in order to meet customer demand. Float – more... to other areas of the organization as needed. Sometimes work load can be stressful when different customers need different services at the same time. However, at the end of the day when all customers are happy and satisfied, I breath a sense of relief and relaxation. – less
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 24, 2014
Fast, paced job but company has great teamwork and benefits. I feel like management cares about your success as a nurse. Great resources such as continuing eduaction classes and a medical library. Hospital is full of great doctors who are experts in their field and care about their patients.
GMC
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), GMCOctober 27, 2014
poor management lazy employees no fair shakes at full time supervisors played favorites
Nutrition Technican
Nutrition Services Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: pushing around large 100-200 lbs serving boxes
Helping create diet specific meals for some patients. Completing menu choices for patient requests. Helping cooks create entrees for the the cafeteria. Delivering meals to patients on the different floors of the hospital. Keeping the kitchens and cooking areas clean
Great team to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great team to work with and excellent managment
Cons: understaffed...but we make up for it as a team!
I work on an Acute/Intermediate/Critical Care Unit focusing on patients with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. This is the third hospital I have worked for and by far, the BEST. The staff is extremely supportive and encouraging. We all help each other and never leave another staff member to do difficult work alone. The hardest part of this job – more... is the same as anywhere else: some of our patients can be....a little nutty! But, considering that that is the nature of our job, providing the best possible nursing care to others when they are sick, it is the best place I know of to work! – less
externship
Cardiovascular Extern (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: was too far from home.
Learned a lot and had a very good supervisor to critic my work.
Best Job
Imaging Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: fast paced
Learned a lot of medical terminology. Enjoyed the fast paced environment of the hospital. One on one with patients and doctors.
Worked with awesome nurses
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good job satisfaction
Cons: hours 4pm to 1am
Truly enjoyed taking care of patients who were experiencing problems with their pregnancy.
Very productive/ Great Place to work
CARDIOLOGY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), LawrencevilleSeptember 8, 2014
Most professional and great place to work. They really care about all associates.
Very Competent Team.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: more diverse than other companies.
Overall a nice place to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the team I work with, Everyone pitches in and makes the day go well, for the patient, and the staff.
Good Hospital
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: availability to work from home when needed
Cons: bad management in my department
Gwinnett Medical Center is a great place to work. Most of the people are friendly and caring. I spent most of my time putting out fires and trying new ways of doing things. Some worked. Some didn't. The hardest part of the job was when I was transferred to a department with a manager who had no idea what I did. Other challenges I would consider fun – more... but not this one. My co-workers were very supportive and helpful at all times. The best part of the job was seeing great people every day. – less
Productive and Great work place
Nutrition Service Technician (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: work with awsome staff members, very positive energy throughout the work place
Cons: healthcare
co workers are very respectful with one another. Management is very straight forward, they set goals and achieve them. The hardest part of this job is seeing sick patients. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help patients when they need assisting.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 28, 2014
Hardest part of the job was the workload. It was a great place to learn. Therapist were allowed to put in a-lines, intubate and manage ventilators.
Productive Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It is inspiring to work as a volunteer. The patients are cheerful to have someone visit them and attend to their needs. Typical day at work transport and discharge patients, sanitize iv pumps, receive and direct phone calls, pick up medical supplies and deliver medical records.
Great hospital system
Volunteer (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time spent at GMC.The staff was friendly and they were really concerned about the patients' care. It was an excellent working environment.
People work really well together as a team
Registered Staff Nurse, Center for Neuroscience (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: can be very stressful
People come together to work well as a team for the benefit of the patient.
Stability but lots of changes occurring
Pro-Fee Coder (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay rate is great
Cons: not family friendly, lacking moral and lots of negativity.
Originally I loved my job. There started to become a lot of favortism and changes happening, which were not always for the best. This created a lot of tension and very hostile environment. There is no room for advancement unless your favored regardless of qualifications.
Interesting Place to Work
Nutritional Services Hostess (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement; poor management
Good place to work however, not much room for advancement and the management was not very good.
553 Bed Hospital, Medical Staff Administration
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 29, 2014
Office includes Credentialing services, Chief Medical Officer, and VP of Physician Services.

1 2 3 4