Gwinnnett Medical Center

Gwinnnett Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great Place to be
Specialty tech (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: near home
Working with 12-15 patients, shifts of at least 12 hours, easy to get extra shifts
Great Place to Work, Although Needs to Focus on Bedside Nursing Care Staffing
RN (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 4, 2013
I enjoyed working here, although management should place more focus on staffing in the clinical areas, which does not seem to be a priority.

New nurse advancement program will help recruit better nursing staff.
Productive,fast paced learning environment
therapist (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: discounted meals in cafeteria, professional co-workers
Cons: sometimes short staffed
There is no "typical day at work",every day brings new challenges and adventures in treating a varied patient population for orthopedic,neurological and trauma issues. Management is approachable,professional and polite to all staff.
NA
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: management is really helpful
Cons: it is repetitive and my position is prn
Every day is the same, and it is hard to move anywhere or learn anything new; regardless of the fact that I have a Masters degree
Contractor
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Lawerenceville GA 30046July 9, 2013
Not to sure about Management. I am a contractor.

Nice place to work employees are ok
I worked as a Chaplain under supervision while attending Graduate School.
Chaplain (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GeorgiaJuly 8, 2013
Pros: work environment, a place to regroup after attending to a death situaiton, the calm of the team's reassurance.
Cons: none identifiable.
The work was rewarding and the Hospital I rate a nine on a scale of one to ten. I experienced team work, a professional and caring atmosphere, facilities that were clean and organized for patients and employees, and resources available to provide great service to patients and colleagues.

A typical day was the pager on and off constantly and unpredictably. – more... The team responded to the pager by going to the emergency room. The team consisted of the chaplain, security, doctor, nurses, police and staff assistants. We moved immediately into our respective responsibilities to provide the best quality assistance to our patients and the team and the family of the crisis victims. The hardest part of the job was not knowing the turn out of the victim and keeping the family assured that the doctors and nurses were doing all they could for their loved ones. Some responded in a calmer fashion than others; but with other members of the team helping to provide reassurance, it made the task easier. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was the satisfaction of helping with the family, the patient and working as a team with the staff. Knowing that I did my best to help the family move on, whether it was on to the waiting area, on to contacting funeral home, on through the initial shock of the death of a loved one to the initial acceptance of a loved on, on to a place of acceptance of life situations, and into the safe surrounding of family and friends and staff. – less
Review
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 5, 2013
ok place to work, excellent coworkers and schedule and area
Great work environment with friendly colleagues
Clinical Intern (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2013
Very busy work environment but a real team atmosphere. Everyone willing to help each other and supportive of one another.
Was once a great place to work!!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), LawrencevilleApril 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits. great co-workers.
Cons: lousy management. too much politics.
Worked here for 17 years in the most stressful and fast paced part of the hospital. Retired. Tried to go back 2 years later and was told I didn't have the qualifications after all the years I had been there.
Loved every minute I was there. The management and higher ups need to all be replaced now. This was once a family oriented place to work. Now it's – more... strickly business. They don't care about their employees. No matter how dedicated you have been over the years and how hard you have worked they will not think twice about letting you go, just to save a few bucks and making sure they get their bonuses at the end of the year.
My co-workers were the best. Most of whom have left because it is such a horribe plae to work now. – less
Excellent teaching hospital, superior cardiovascular department.
Echo Tech Intern (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 28, 2013
Pros: able to perform exams on multiple variety of patients for out-patient, in-patient, pre- and post-surgery.
Cons: none.
Fantastic group of professionals to work for and along side. Hoping to become gainfully employed by this fine facility.
New administration is totally concerned with the bottom line.No job security what so ever
Electrician & General Maintenance (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 9, 2013
Pros: you feel good about being a part of helping people in need
Cons: you never know what the next thing administration will do to save a dollar
Never missed a days work last three years.New management took over control and new supervisor of 3 weeks and which I had casually talked to twice, at lunch time informed me we had a meeting in HR to talk about a promotion , didn't they tell me ? Upon the beginning of the meeting with the HR director, I was told my position was eliminated .Not sure HR – more... director knew what the supervisor had discussed with me.This was blind siding me, a 24 year employee with absolutely exemplary work history and numerous written accolades from peers and department heads in my file and no disciplinary actions in 24 years! I WAS STUNNED BEYOND BEING ABLE TO RESPOND. I did receive a severance package , and was offered to apply for a new position ,but after such a lie was perpetuated on me ,I was sick of the place. .Employees of this amount of seniority and work experience should be offered a new position ,not told to hunt one up and apply for it. You tell me ? – less
Fast pace environment full of compassionate people
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 18, 2013
It is a very fast pace environment but the people are friendly and compassionate
FUN WORKING PLACE
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 8, 2013
GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK, THE PRODUCTIVE IS ALSO FINE. THE MANAGEMENT, AND ASSOCIATES ARE VERY FRIENDLY PEOPLE.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 30, 2013
spend a great deal of the day working with patients and visitors. Answering questions and billing inquiries.
a good place to work
LPN/ IV Tech (Current Employee), lawrenceville georgiaJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
The people at the hospital is like your second family there are friendly helpful and fun to be around. Every one at the hospital does an exceptional job in their work environment we take pride and care deeply about the patients we take care of. It is a pleasure to have such a good outstanding hospital in the community
nice
LPN (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 15, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
excellent place to work. ive work at 4 different areas in the system and they have all been great places to work.
my overall summary is that my coworkers are like family.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 10, 2012
Pros: my clinical intervention is immediately seen.
Cons: very stressful & emotionally draining.
My job is rewarding I have a chance to impact patients during the worst times in there lives.
Okay work environment, good company to work for, weak management in public safety
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), LawrencevilleNovember 18, 2012
Pros: it's a job
Cons: management, opportunity for a few to advance.
Former employee
Organization is great.
Department management is sub par and detached from the ranks.
Only advancement is offered to those that are subservient to management.
the job was simple once you understand the task, the management is average. The job's schedule runs a tight shift, very flexible
Linen Tech (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 3, 2012
A job one has to give most of thier time of the day throughout the week.
Wonderful place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 28, 2012
Working with a wonderful group of nurses and doctors. A hospital that appreciated their employees and showed them that they were with many appreciation days.