GWU Employee Reviews

Excellent labs, excellent professors, get in there!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Collegial environment, freedom to work with minimal supervision, lab parties
I worked in two Biology labs at GWU as an undergraduate. The first "job" I wasn't paid, but instead got research credit (counting toward my Biology degree). The second job I was compensated pretty well, considering that labs have limited funding and have to decide whether to pay for more equipment or more helping hands.

Getting into the labs isn't hard--just talk to your professors! If you're interested in their research, volunteer or work for research credit in their lab for a semester. If you like it, you can often design your own research project and apply for extra funding, making you a real researcher rather than "merely" an assistant.
Nice working environment after graduation
Senior Lab Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2013
Learned about the practical implementation of the concepts which I learned during my course work.
Great University
Audio Auto-Login iPhone Project (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 20, 2013
Good place to work.
Great professors.
A lot of opportunities.
Internship during Grad work (MS)
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2012
 Analysing the Comcast provisioning databases and logs and provide appropriate data/reports.
 Writing Perl Scripts for extracting business specific data from Cisco CMTS which would be used for System Analysis.
 Gaining hands on experience on Unix shell scripting, Perl, Cisco Devices like CMTS and Switches, SSL certificates, the databases of Comcast GDS and application server Weblogic and Web server Apache.
An exciting and challenging work place.
Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2012
Great benefits and opportunities for advancement! It depends in which department you work, but you will always find supportive colleagues throughout GW and can have a great experience working for the university.
productive
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 2, 2012
enjoyed this very much
gw community is very welcoming and this review process is both strict and unnecessary. See stars above
Docketing, managing files, updating client conflict information
Intern, The Jacob Burns Community Legal Clinics (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2012
Very productive work place wherein I gained interpersonal skills, multitasking and work in team environment.
employment here short, but very supportive staff and co-workers
Principal duties (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 18, 2012
Pros: excellent work experience because it is a learning hospital, my personal experience was not overall very pleasant
Cons: no benefits ( i was working through an agency at the time), almost vindictive management.
Departemnt I worked for was faced paced, excellent opportunity to learn, beautiful co-workers very supportive, but the work environment there turned quite non-productive when hospital administratoin clashed with the staff of doctors who ran the unit. The doctors eventually walked out adn formed their own practice asking me to work for them. Administrative supervisor there stated that upon my leaving, because GW considered this a traitorous act I could never be employed there again. My experience after was overall not good.