GXS

GXS Employer Reviews

Great place to work for
Test Automation Engineer, Internship (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Great team spirit, lots of experienced team members and encourage growth.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 4, 2014
Very family oriented, and flexible. Provides the balance of family and work life.....
Great Opportunity
Helpdesk Support Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 19, 2014
Pros: communication
The job is great when starting your new career and the team of help desk are outstanding. They never say no and always there to help.
Nice money but at what cost?
Witheld (Former Employee), WitheldMarch 13, 2014
Pros: they really do pay very well. also for some non established professionals, it could be a great learning place for you to gain lots of hands on experience.
Cons: major off-shoring/outsourcing of work, lack of skilled workers make the ones that are left burn out.
US Employees have to do 3 times the work due to the flawed "cost cutting" business model to outsource almost all non executive/management jobs. While I understand company's wish to save money by outsourcing, when your turn over rate for those outsourced employees is high and you constantly have to retrain staff and even when you do give training, they – more... do not seem to be able to handle the issues efficiently, at some point you have to realize your cost savings are actually costing you business, credibility and talent, which therefore causes you to lose contracts and money. The US workforce is being burnt out. I realize that you can not employee a full US staff these days and stay competitive, however The new company needs to retain more Skilled staff somehow or you will continue to have more and more competition take away your business due to the support and lack of knowledge. – less
Provides essential technologies and support of e-commerce businesses.
Client Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDNovember 7, 2013
Pros: cutting edge technology
Cons: -
Dynamic environment. I worked with the technology customer services professionals helping to improve messaging and set up procedures.

Employees are empowered to do their best, and the engineering and technology professionals are impressive -- in their knowledge and their 24-hrs-a-day committment to clients.

I enjoyed working on both the intranet and – more... internet which has evolved over time. – less
Great learning environment
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2013
Learned the majority of my technical skills and work experience with GXS/INOVIS/QRS.
Good place to gain experience but not advancement
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 31, 2013
In the Inovis days, we had a fairly autonomous office with all the team-members in house. We were productive and could try out a few new things on a regular basis. It was a fairly relaxed environment.

After the merger with GXS, we were inundated with more and more processes which served no apparent function and seemed to slow down productivity and – more... innovation. While I enjoyed working with everyone in the office, working some of the other teams was frustrating and slow. Due to the new processes imposed, the environment grew to be such that if there was an issue we had to address, it quickly escalated into multi-hour calls and having meetings about the issue with people who didn't understand the problems.

All in all I did gain a lot of good experience working on my team and I am thankful for lessons learned from my piers. – less
Corporate Development, M&A, financial planning and analysis, product management, private equity
Senior Associate, Global Corporate Development (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2012
Get Included, Or Get Out
Solution Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteMay 10, 2012
Pros: remote work possible
Cons: opportunities not distributed fairly, silo effect very prevalent
Worked with some good folks while here, but there seems to be an ongoing exodus now. Integration of Inovis was handled poorly, as most M&A activities are. If you're not in the inner circle, get out; your days are numbered.

August 20, 2013

Lot of the top folks have said toodles, as the management continues to bumble and stumble. The Inovis acquisition should have resulted in grabbing more market share, at a stable cost per customer. Instead, because GXS brought all the Inovis SCs over, there wasn't enough work to go around. Basic M&A blocking and tackling, but not within the grasp of GXS senior leadership.

Strong well balanced company.
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MdMarch 8, 2012
Company grew from GE Information Services. Is one of the leading B2B companies in the world.
First job, a-ok.
Application Support (Former Employee), Makati, P00March 11, 2014
During my short time working at GXS. I have a lot of fun. It was a mixture of work and play. We do our work correctly and yet we still have some time to joke around, talk to other employees.

I learned a lot of things on my short stay. I was able to experience handling the UNIX environment. Read and understand EDI programming.

Management was awesome. – more... Not that much strict and not that much loose. Just on the balance side. The management are just like ordinary employees who bond with other employees. Co-workers, nothing bad to say. Everyone was very approachable. – less