GXS Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 5, 2016
Very good work life balance, my boss does not micro manage, very understanding and family oriented. Nothing bad to say.
Pros
Very good work life balance
Cons
n/a+
Nice money but at what cost?
Witheld (Former Employee) –  WitheldMarch 13, 2014
US Employees have to do 3 times the work due to the flawed "cost cutting" business model to outsource almost all non executive/management jobs. While I understand company's wish to save money by outsourcing, when your turn over rate for those outsourced employees is high and you constantly have to retrain staff and even when you do give training, they do not seem to be able to handle the issues efficiently, at some point you have to realize your cost savings are actually costing you business, credibility and talent, which therefore causes you to lose contracts and money. The US workforce is being burnt out. I realize that you can not employee a full US staff these days and stay competitive, however The new company needs to retain more Skilled staff somehow or you will continue to have more and more competition take away your business due to the support and lack of knowledge.
Pros
they really do pay very well. also for some non established professionals, it could be a great learning place for you to gain lots of hands on experience.
Cons
major off-shoring/outsourcing of work, lack of skilled workers make the ones that are left burn out.
Good place to gain experience but not advancement
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2013
In the Inovis days, we had a fairly autonomous office with all the team-members in house. We were productive and could try out a few new things on a regular basis. It was a fairly relaxed environment.

After the merger with GXS, we were inundated with more and more processes which served no apparent function and seemed to slow down productivity and innovation. While I enjoyed working with everyone in the office, working some of the other teams was frustrating and slow. Due to the new processes imposed, the environment grew to be such that if there was an issue we had to address, it quickly escalated into multi-hour calls and having meetings about the issue with people who didn't understand the problems.

All in all I did gain a lot of good experience working on my team and I am thankful for lessons learned from my piers.
GXS is now OpenText
OpenText Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2015
4 years as QA, 1.5 as BA...GXS is now OpenText Started as Inovis, before being acquired by GXS in 2010, then OpenText in 2014.
Provides essential technologies and support of e-commerce businesses.
Client Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 7, 2013
Dynamic environment. I worked with the technology customer services professionals helping to improve messaging and set up procedures.

Employees are empowered to do their best, and the engineering and technology professionals are impressive -- in their knowledge and their 24-hrs-a-day committment to clients.

I enjoyed working on both the intranet and internet which has evolved over time.
Pros
cutting edge technology
Cons
Over all I did not enjoy working for this company
Production Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 30, 2014
I was a support engineer for GXS. Meaning when a EDI transaction did not go through I was tasked with troubleshooting.
Pros
when i started i had a great director.
Cons
they hired a new vp and he fired my director.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 4, 2014
Very family oriented, and flexible. Provides the balance of family and work life.....
Great Opportunity
Helpdesk Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 19, 2014
The job is great when starting your new career and the team of help desk are outstanding. They never say no and always there to help.
Pros
communication
Corporate Development, M&A, financial planning and analysis, product management, private equity
Senior Associate, Global Corporate Development (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2012
Get Included, Or Get Out
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 10, 2012
Worked with some good folks while here, but there seems to be an ongoing exodus now. Integration of Inovis was handled poorly, as most M&A activities are. If you're not in the inner circle, get out; your days are numbered.
Pros
remote work possible
Cons
opportunities not distributed fairly, silo effect very prevalent

Comment – August 20, 2013

Lot of the top folks have said toodles, as the management continues to bumble and stumble. The Inovis acquisition should have resulted in grabbing more market share, at a stable cost per customer. Instead, because GXS brought all the Inovis SCs over, there wasn't enough work to go around. Basic M&A blocking and tackling, but not within the grasp of GXS senior leadership.

Great place to work for
Test Automation Engineer, Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Great team spirit, lots of experienced team members and encourage growth.
Great learning environment
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2013
Learned the majority of my technical skills and work experience with GXS/INOVIS/QRS.
Strong well balanced company.
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MdMarch 8, 2012
Company grew from GE Information Services. Is one of the leading B2B companies in the world.