Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

inflexible scheduling
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 25, 2015
i was still in school when i was at this job. they knew of my college schedule before hiring and i was very adamant about telling them right away if anything changed. they still scheduled me during my class times and then docked me if i did not show up (school before work) and it eventually got to the point where i quit because they refused to work around my previously known and set in concrete schedule
Great place to work at!
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Customer friendships, happy kids
Cons: Some drama, rude customers
I absolutely love working in retail and I feel retail and customer service is my true calling. I am an extremely personable person so it made it easy to connect with customers! While I worked at Gymboree, I was a sales lead, which is technically a management position. I was responsible for performing opening and closing til funds, leading associates in required customer service techniques, meeting and exceeding sales per hour requirements and restocking inventory. I cant say enough good things about my coworkers and management team. Although unfortunate that I don't work there anymore, I feel confident that I have established lifelong friendships with them and that's what I liked most about my job was feeling like we were not only friends, but family. I will surely miss it!
Good job for a student
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 18, 2015
My Sales Lead position at Janie and Jack was perfect for the schedule requirements I had at Foundation Institute.

A typical day included learning about where the store was for goals-- metrics and tasks-- and keeping it on track during my shift.

I learned a lot about multi-tasking and positively correcting others.

I had the best management who cared a lot about their stores.

My co-workers were amiable and easy to get along with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers!
why am I still here?
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMay 15, 2015
Gymboree was my first job out of high school... I have been through 5 years of college and tried to leave to pursue an early childhood profession. Realizing that retail was my only option for flexibility throughout college, back to gymboree I went. They expect SO much out of their employees, with little respect and pay in return. I enjoyed it for the first two years, but then realizing that there is absolutely no balance in life outside of gymboree, I got sick of it. No matter how hard you work to prevent theft, the company allows the shoplifters to get away with it. There's nothing we can do, and there's not enough security. Now that I have graduated college, I honestly can't wait to get out and find a work/life balance and have my weekends back.
Great Company
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), ‘Aiea, HIMay 15, 2015
Pros: You can move up in the company.
Cons: hours are a bit of the struggle
I started from the bottom as an associate and worked my way to sales lead within 4 months or so working there. I stayed in that position for few more months and worked my way up to assistant manager. This company will help you gain more experiences and help guide you to become a better employee. The hardest part of the job is hours. The store doesn't get much hours on a weekly. The struggle is real when it comes down to hours, but when your at work you gain more experiences. The most enjoyable part about working for the company is the ability to make customers come back. You may have a few bad customers, but the better you service the customers the more regulars you see. I have a few regulars that they know me by my first name and I know them by name and even their children. It truly is an awesome feeling when they walk in and tell you hi.
Fun place if you like kids
Teacher (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Don't have to wear shoes!, adorable kids, no late hours
Cons: management, tiring, working multiple locations
This job was fun most of the time but it is very tiring and the owner showed major favoritism. You also deal with snooty moms a lot which is annoying and you are expected to do a lot of work by yourself. The hours aren't always stable either.
Good Corporation Franchise can be hard to deal with.
Site Manager, Sr. Site Manager (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDMay 13, 2015
Pros: Loved working with staff and kids.
Cons: Little pay for lot of work!
Corporate is great. Franchised out and some franchisees are better than others. Enjoyed working at center however, lot of work for little pay. Management at site level great, owners lack direction.
Fun, family oriented workplace with great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: treated each other with respect
Everyone is friendly, outgoing, and have wonderful personalities. I enjoyed working there every single day. I loved coming into work and seeing everyone smiling and cheerful.
worked for 5 hours in a day
ESL Teacher (Former Employee), Linyi ChinaMay 10, 2015
I love to teach kids. the are very funny and always make my day brighter. I do learn alot from them. how they are lovely and think.
Fun and freindly place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCMay 4, 2015
My co- workers are always nice and fun to work with they are helpful and kind. I have learned how to work the register and how to price the clothes.
Its ok
Sales Lead (Current Employee), in the mall athens, gaMay 1, 2015
its a small store and shouldn't be compared to other gymborees due to the location. Its a small store with not much potential due to its location ultimately.
Friendly's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 28, 2015
I learned how to greet adults/children with a smile. Seat them in the approiate section. All of my co workers were very respectful and nice. Always got help when I needed assistance.
Sales and assisitng customers
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working with kids
Cons: Working late evenings and holidays
I enjoyed this job as well as working with the smaller kids and there parents to dress there kids in wonderful clothing. I enjoyed the different clothing lines we received ever week and the different color themes.
Styling young minds
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
A typical day at work included doing inventory, styling children, and reaching sales quotas. I learned how to merchandise a children's store I love my managers , and my co=workers were like family. The hardest part about my job would have been the shop lifters. My most enjoyable part was styling children and helping their parents pick out outfits
productive, fun, energetic work place
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INApril 2, 2015
I loved working for this company. if it wasnt for the restructuring of positions i would probably still be with this company. loved the staff and customers and the product. i loved how every line that was out was mix and match. overall love the company and would love to work for them again.
Mixed Opinion
Sales Leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 28, 2015
The Store Manager I had sat back while everyone else ran the store for her. She broke LP policies, Left early all the time, and never closed. When this issue was brought up to the DM she basically didn't care. They need to update their systems as well.

The company however does expect nothing but the best when it comes to customer experience and it is where I learned everything I know about how to treat a customers thanks to my first SM.
great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 24, 2015
Gymboree is a great company to work for.They are very supportive of there employees, also the clothing is very reasonable andt he quality of the clothes is outstanding
my first job
Lead on duty/ Keyholder (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: only part time
this was my favorite job okay pay but great atmosphere great people and the best manager ever Corbin Novotny he was such a great guy always trying to help you better yourself thank you Gymboree for letting me meet corbin my favorite boss
I enjoy working with kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CAMarch 23, 2015
My typical day at work would be helping couples or new couples with brand new babies; finding them clothes and other accessories. I learned all about the different sizes from babies to toddlers and older. The management was good there always there if I had a question about what my customer needed or how to do something. My co-workers were very sociable and great to learn from. The hardest part about my job was getting all of the store needs done while attending to the customers needs. We were always short staff; which made it a bit difficult at times. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the sweet, adorable little kids that would come in. They made my job that much better!
Fun and exciting places to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Henderson, NevadaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: an hour and 30 minute break, flexiable teaching style
Everyday gets better! The challenges of the working at Gymboree are on going, which I love, it keeps me on my toes, and it's a never ending, never boring, 9-5 job. My co-workers a long with the members are the best, very loving, caring, and respectful. The most challenging part of the job would be memorization, which gets easier with practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing little ones grow and develope the learning skills they will later use in preschool taught at Gymboree.

1 2 3 4 5

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more

Gymboree Corporation Salaries