Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 25, 2016
Gymboree is an awesome company to work for! The company cares about their people! on a typical day, you start off doing paper work and opening the system! Once you have the store open its all about having fun with the customers! Kids are a fun to shop for, suggest your favorite looks after finding out what they are looking for and your store will be a success!
Evolving Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 21, 2016
At the time that I worked for Gymboree Corporation the were going through several changes within the brand. Thus, the work life balance wasn't the best fit.
Good College Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 18, 2016
They were willing to work with my crazy college schedule and allowed me to take off weeks at a time for finals and projects. They really allowed me to pick a schedule that fit best for me for school and were very understanding
Worst Company Ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 16, 2016
I started in June, expecting to make decent hours since it's a part time job, not at all. My first two weeks I was given only 2 shifts per week, which was fine since I was just starting. Sadly this continued, and I now average only 8 hours per week, which isnt even enough to cover my gas expenses from my house to the job. I was just recently informed that they have to hire more associates, cutting every sales associates hours down to one 3 hour shift per week. Safe to say I am looking for new and more reliable employment.
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
short shifts not enough hours low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 15, 2016
I love absolutely everything about my job. From the co-workers to the setting.Everyone that works there are so friendly and are always happy to be at work. makes coming to work fun and enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2016
Management staff was great to work with i learned a lot until business closed down. I was able to grow with this company from a sales associate till a sales lead (key holder). This company allowed me to my career in sales, which I have fell in love with!
Pros
leadership
Cons
business closing due to business
cheap company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 8, 2016
they over work you and you barely make minimum wage. the managers try and they have a high turnover. they work you to death.
Worked there for nineteen years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Board man , ohioJuly 30, 2016
Started out as assistant mgr , promoted to mgr in 4 years . Learned a lot about all aspects of store management . A little behind as far as techiology , but catching up .
Pros
40% discount benefits for store mgr only. Bonus
Cons
NO payroll frequently worked alone .
Fun productive work place
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 29, 2016
Gymboree I got my first start into adult life. I learned a lot about customer service and was eventually promoted into a lead position where I learned a great deal from my bosses and cowoker.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Short breaks
Professional and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2016
I loved working here, being around the customers, a lot of fun, good co-workers, good sales. Good working environment. They have a lot of cute accessories and very colorful clothes for kids.
Pros
25% discount on the kids clothes.
Fun, productive, fast paced atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 27, 2016
I learned the true meaning of customer service. I learned that excellent customer service is going the extra mile by actively seeking customers on the floor, cross selling products, having knowledge of products and with all these qualities or skills you can be successful in building relationships with customers as well as strengthening interpersonal skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 27, 2016
helping moms choose outfits for their children or customers out shopping for gifts.
I learned how to be a team leader, deal with employee issues
I worked with some of the nicest people
The hardest part of the job was the physical labor that needed to be completed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Easy Going
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2016
easy going job, only about 20 hours but it isn't too bad for a part time school job. Some weird 3 hour shifts, the store is pretty slow you don't have to do too much
Good Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA.July 15, 2016
For student who don't need much money. Great staff there, I love this job but my life style calls for more money. They work with you on just about anything you have wrong. No problems when you request days off as long as it isn't new line
fun work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
a typical day at my job is greeting each other in the morning and preparing for our classes. Cleaning up the site making sure our customers are comfortable. As well as giving our best performance during each class.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
not enough hours and no health care
Not the worst, but no where near the best.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 11, 2016
Your normal day to day experience will vary greatly depending on the employees at your location. On the plus side there usually aren't too many employees so it can feel like a very close knit family environment, but if people butt heads that can make it difficult. The customers are usually great, most of them have been shopping with Gymboree for years however you will have some that expect you do cater to their every desire and whim. It's no different than any other retail experience. The company in general seems very unorganized and very out of touch with what works "in the trenches" and what doesn't. For example, sending four winter collections full of sweaters and fleece-lined items to a store in South Texas where winter isn't a season, but a few weeks if we're lucky, resulting in backrooms stuffed full of product we can't sell. New lines are sent down with barely any notice, and while we scramble to reset the entire store, they expect us to keep up with impossible sales and conversion goals and also do markdowns with a laughable amount of payroll. Our sales associates get 6-12 hours a week if they're lucky, and as such it's nearly impossible to hold on to employees in general, let alone keep someone long enough to promote them to sales lead if there's suddenly a vacancy we need to fill.

If you already have a full time job, or only need something a few days to keep you from getting bored, Gymboree can be a great place to work, but if you're looking make a retail career, you'll be lucky if you're able to work your way up at Gymboree. Use it as a stepping stone to get supervisory
  more... experience and then move on.  less
Pros
Great customers
best experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 8, 2016
Glad I had the chance to work under this corporation. Your leads are awesome. Need more water dispensers throughout warehouse.
Pros
Fans on the warehouse floors when it's hot!
Cons
Needed longer breaks due to walk time to leave warehouse to break rooms.
the job was great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 8, 2016
The job was great. Great work environment and loved my co workers. Really felt like the company cared about their employees
horrible work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 4, 2016
one of the worst jobs i have ever had...
they hire a lot of employees when its busy after that they look for any reason to fire you when the season is over almost 95% of the employees they hired got fired.
you get treated like a slave or a machine and break rooms are so far away that you need 5 minutes of your 15 minutes break just to walk to the break room and when you work overtime you don't get a third break they just extend the period of working hours before you get your breaks and they make sure you take the a day off after working over time so you don't exceed the 40 hours a week limit.

they promised their employees one dollar raise every year but they didn't get anything in 2015. there is so many things wrong with this company that i need hours to write about it.
Cons
modern slavery
Mid Pace, Good for first time jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 3, 2016
Everyday I would make sure that all the clothing was stocked and folded neatly, interact with customers to make sure they could find everything that they were looking for or get them sizes that they needed.

Gymboree Corporation Reviews by Location