Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun workplace (work with kids and their parents)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIJuly 26, 2017
I loved working for Gymboree, although the hours were not what I liked and the management was really rude, she didn't acknowledge my hard work and dedication; instead pointed out my flaws.
great place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 25, 2017
fun place to work if you love kids, and like helping dress kids, it a very busy hands on place. i love working there its a very fun place i love the relationship that i have with my customers and their children
Terrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 23, 2017
Greedy corporate, tons of merchandise, not enough sellers, not enough space in the stores. A lot of shrink in every store. High expectations, low pay.
Gymboree was my second home and l loved it!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALJuly 23, 2017
I loved working at Gymboree.l always felt like l could go to my D.M.I felt as though it was a big family,and right at home.I always felt like everyone at Gymboree pulled together for a common goal,and we seemed to reach it every time.l will forever miss Gymboree and my family.
Pros
Great management, very organized
Cons
High turnover
Not many hours, low pay, but great work enviornment.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 22, 2017
I love working for this corporation. I normal just keep the store tidy and work the register, while also answering the phone and assisting customers. I've learned not to be afraid to ask for help. The management is okay. The store manager is nice and overall effective to the company, but she doesn't always stick to what she tells you. The assistant managers are useful and they work well with me. The work environment is laid back, but everyone knows how to do their individual jobs. The hardest part of working this job is defiantly the random hours and dealing with the customers that are certain that we are closing just because the company is going bankrupt. The most enjoyable parts are always when the customers and their children are happy.
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Great company to work for and I learned so much as a manager there. I really grew there as a manager and learned from some of the best. I would recommend people to apply there.
Fun place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER/ SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
I learned a lot on how to attend to customers. The flow of the job is very relaxed yet structered when it came to getting tasks accomplished. Hardest part of the job would be getting customers to apply for the Visa the store offers. Most enjoyable is interacting with parents and kids.
Pros
discount on clothing for my son
Cons
part- time meant no health benefits
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 19, 2017
I liked working at gymboree, I worked there not long. The only thing I wished for was more hours and better pay. The hard work is not worth it when you get paid $8.00/hour.
Great customers, fun environment!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2017
I've worked for this company for 6 years, mostly in a store manager roll. Communication from higher up can sometimes be confusing and unorganized. The customers are great, but unfortunately the comoany has made some bad decisions over the last few years and have had to file bankrutcy and close over 350 stores.
Pros
Fun customer base, work life balance, great discount
Cons
Unorganized cimmunication from Home Office, high DM turnover
It was a decent company to work for when I was there.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 15, 2017
When I worked for the company it was a decent company to work for. They had amazing product and services. I have been gone for 6 years an am not aware of the current situation.
typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 14, 2017
Represent brand model with complete integrity.
Maintain awareness of customer traffic to best display products for sale.
Inform supervisor of strategies, and trends to increase productivity.
Good work place but bankruptcy and store closure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 12, 2017
Company filed bankruptcy, very short notice was given and all of the information on possible store closures was kept very secretive until stores closures were initiated.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Store closures
laid back compamy
Assistant Store Manager/ Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 12, 2017
excellent company to work for! they are fun, caring, and laid to work for. They are not stressful. There managment takes care of you and have resources to help you out.
Fun place to work at. Little notice to changes. Not enough payroll . No raises.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 11, 2017
Fun place to work at. Little notice to changes. Not enough payroll . No raises. Quality has gone down. Prices are better. Good discount. Peers are friendly. Need new registers systems .
Ok if you like long hours
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 11, 2017
Long hours and not information ahead of time to confirm days off. Which gives you no time to plan anything with your family. And a very hot warehouse.
Productive and fun to see children.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
I sold merchandise to customers and did go backs almost the entire shift. I learned about the first new collection being placed on display for a great deal. I managed Stock Display in the backroom. Workplace culture was minor. There was nothing hard about working at Gymboree. Listening to the T.V. cartons for the kids was interesting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short 15 min breaks.
I enjoyed my time with Gymboree.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Gymboree during the time I served in the community. The most enjoyable part of the position I held was my direct contact with the families that shopped our brand and specifically the store I worked in. I also enjoyed building a successful team, developing their skills and the continued growth of the team and our store location.
My experience working at this company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 9, 2017
Very low entry level job. Harsh working conditions. Temperature is hot. Depending on demands of products the hours weren't consistent. I feel like this company will hire anyone with arms and legs. No real skills needed. Pretty straight forward and easy. Not challenging. Not enough growth to move up. But if you're looking for something easy to get to time going, go for it.
Pros
Team members are easy to get along with
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, warehouse temperature, time off and sick leave are all in one pot.
Gymboree
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2017
Checking customers out,helping shop.What i learned is you always want to great your customers at the door or it could change their whole out look on purchasing items there.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the little kids messing the store up (Really wasn't anything to bad.The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the kids.
Awesome place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 7, 2017
The girls that work here are incredibly fun and entertaining to work with. All are really hard workers and are very supportive of one another. The manager here is also amazing!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Fun Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval