Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Fun enviroment
LEAD SALES ASSOSIATE (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Love working here, just wished the point of sale system was updated and markdowns would be consistent with product descriptions. Love interacting with the customers and building re pore with them.
a serious place to work
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: the company did offer alot of assentives
Cons: the company was converting to a none smoking facilitie
A typical day at work picking and packing online orders meeting hourly quotas , I learned computer skills the picking and packing process, the management was great co workers were fun to work with every one got along and worked together the job didn't really have a hard part the most enjoyable part of the job to me was the packing of the orders
Fun place to work.
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 2, 2015
Company allows and encourages you to provide a personal experience for every customer. Work schedule is flexible and co-workers are pleasant.
Management was horrible, rude and very lazy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: it's fun to work with kids. discounts
Cons: no breaks. too much work for the pay. no appreciation.
It was a very fun place and great team, then everything changed and it was a very bad experience. Managers were awfull. They were very lazy and disrespectful. Upper management was even worse. They treat you very bad and don't even recognize your hard work.

You'll be working by yourself for long periods of hours; you won't have a break and then they'll repremend you for not having one or calling around other stores to come and cover your break. If you help others for the same reasons, you'll get in trouble. The harder you work the less they appreciate it. If they don't like you or if you're not in the 'favorite group' you won't grow. They'll never give you the opportunity. They rather find someone from the outside.

Don't work here unless you're desperate like them. They'll be super nice at first and then stab you in the back and team up to make your life a nightmare.
NICE PART TIME
OFFICE / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no benefits
GYMBOREE PLAY AND MUSIC IS A NICE PLACE TO WORK HOWEVER THERE ARE TO MANY WOMEN HERE AND IT CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING AT TIMES. i THINK THIS A GOOD PART TIME JOB FOR WOMEN WITH CHILDREN WHO NEEDS SOMEWHERE FLEXIBLE TO WORK. i LOVE SEEING THE KIDS EVERYDAY i LOVE SEEING THE PARENT AND REALLY BEING ABLE TO TALK TO THEM. BUT I'M LOOKING TO GROW.
Lots of customer service and fun place to work
Sales Lead, Northgate Mall (Former Employee), Hixson, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: rapport with customers
Cons: management issues and no breaks
Great place to work if you like working alone for many hours covering an entire store without any help. Management was disorganized and shady. The good part of this job is the rapport with the customers.
Loved it here!
Store Lead (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2015
I loved working here. We had an amazing group of committed clientele and our team worked very well together.
Amazing Company
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Very effective workplace. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Always things to accomplish during a day. Great management including Assistant management,District, and cooperate.
rather not say
Cashier & Sales (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 27, 2015
Enjoyment of the job really depends on the atmosphere. Many people/customers would treat you like dirt and thought they were better than you. I was discriminated against by other workers and they were lazy and would push all duties on me so they could relax. I would rather work for a company who values hard workers and equality.
Cashier (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: i loved the discount for the employees.
Cons: nothing
This is the ideal place to meet some awesome people. A typical day at work was so pleasant because the customers were very friendly and helping them with their selection was the fun in my time there. I did not have any trouble with working at Gymboree Corporation.
not much leadership and unclear direction
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORJanuary 21, 2015
I had fun working here for a time because of the customers and some of my co-workers. They made the job worthwhile.

However, it was frustrating that there was not clear direction on what needed to be accomplished for our individual sales goals. I feel the business would have benefited from that.
Hard Work for Low Pay
Teacher: School Skills, Art, Play & Music (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Absolutely adored working with the children and acting as a positive role model during their critical years of development. Extremely high energy out-put for little appreciation and pay began to wear me down.
gymboree review summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work starts with getting filled in about the previous day. Then we help customers and use the cash register. I learned to work the cash register and was able to lead my fellow employees.
Management is great, we have the best boss. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
the kids are great but...
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Ardmore, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Lack of organization and accountability leading to many last minute scheduling
Upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAJanuary 16, 2015
I loved working at Gymboree. The management was great along with the coworkers that I got to interact with each and every day.
Fun place to work with great employees and managers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXJanuary 14, 2015
On a typical day at work I would assist customers locate articles of clothing that they could not find and cashing out customers at the register when they were done shopping. Working at Gymboree I learned the lingo that went into children apparel retail. The co-workers that I had were amazing, fun, hard-working, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was repricing the markdowns. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers.
Lots of work little pay
Sales Lead / Closing Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I loved my job here, but it is a lot of work for little pay. I had little life outside of work but at least I had a job and majority of the time I worked with great people. I wouldnt recommend to some one with kids. I feel like the district managers and above actually make good money.
A great starter job
Assistant Manager/ Sales Lead (Former Employee), Nashville, INJanuary 9, 2015
I learned so much from my time at Gymboree. I learned how to effectively manage other employees, collaborate with other members of the management team to solve problems, and how to help customers have a great shopping experience. I adored my coworkers and fellow managers, but after working with the company for four years and not being eligible for benefits, I decided it was time to move on.
Fun job, no room for growth
Teacher (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discount for my daughter's classes
Cons: low pay. little room for creativity
Although I loved working with families and children at Gymboree, I felt restricted and unfulfilled as a teacher. I would much rather work in a collaborative team and get to express ideas freely and creativity is honored more. I also need to be able to provide a decent living for my daughter and I.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 5, 2015
Everyone who works at this location is great, I've never had a problem with a single employee. Managers are helpful and understanding. Hardest part of the job is difficult customers, but overall it's pretty low-stress.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more

Gymboree Corporation Salaries