Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 30, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working with the clientele and helping them make create awesome and fun wardrobes for their children. Also loved my staff and district manager who wanted the. Eat for her people
Very Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2017
The company is not organized. As store manager it was hard to keep a staff with no payroll hours with extreme tasking and shipment It was hard for me to do my job in a busy mall with no extra payroll hours. Hours should've been based on last years sale
Great Crew, But Stressful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 28, 2017
Had a great team to work with, but it is a retail store and so it got stressful at any given moment. Management was poor, but not unbearable. Required to work on Thanksgiving which was absurd.
Don't Come Here Unless You are Desperate
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 25, 2017
They just cut the base hours for all stores and yet increased the amount of product given in a store. They want you to be super human for little pay and no benefits. Work somewhere else.
Pros
I left.
Cons
No repercussions for bad management.
It was an okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 24, 2017
The job was okay. It was a small store and it was inside the mall. The break room was too tiny and cluttered. Not enough space. The break and lunches were short
Pros
Discount on baby clothes
Cons
Short lunches and break. Small room
Not Organized
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Stressful and unorganized job to work for. customers are very rude they want to much things to be done in a little time and do too much visual display changes with out giving enough hours
It could be a great place to work if upper managment actually worked.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 23, 2017
Our District Manager was constantly working from "the road" so she could attend her kid's events and was rarely available. Managers are expected to do everything pretty much on their own.
Pros
You get to play with babies
Cons
disconnected upper management
Nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Howell, MichiganAugust 23, 2017
Overall, the environment was positive and relaxed while still consistently achieving daily goals. Management was great at all levels; everybody worked as a team from within the store to between other locations across the region. The company is sales and progress-driven, however provides decent incentives and maintains a happy and motivating environment. From my personal observations, it does seem like Gymboree maintains an effort to protect and reward its employees. I was happy to go into work most days.

Honestly, my only issue with the company was the fact that I listened to Yo Gabba Gabba in the background so many times that I started to dream about it. Other than that, general stresses of retail work come with the territory but did not overshadow the work environment.
Pros
Positive environment, flexible schedule, teamwork attitude, 25% discount
Cons
minimum wage (although not unreasonable for my position)
Best company I have ever worked for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2017
Great company. Be ready to learn and take on new challenges! Family friendly store and your clientle turns into your family. Easy if you ready to work.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Nothing.
Great staff... Terrible corporate support
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Gymboree's product is immaculate and the best fashionable clothes for kids. However, there is little to none corporate support when it comes to pay, pay raises, or overtime. The employees are almost force to work over the time for free to make the store appear up to company standard and they are penalized if caught doing so or not being able to do so...catch 22. This company is ran by prejudice red necks that want to horde all the money that truthfully belongs to the employees that always make them look good as a company. They have no camera security or store security which is why they are constantly shoplifted and they have the nerve to try push you to patrol the place when it's almost impossible on busy work days.
Basically, they all of their success to the people at the bottom.
Pros
Great clothes and great employees to work with.
Cons
Corporate sucks all the way around.

Want to know more about Gymboree Corporation?

Ask a question
Good
Sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 17, 2017
It was a great place to work temporarily. Management was not bad and coworkers were nice. Hours did not work with my personal needs, though. Customer service is a tough job.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 17, 2017
I like to work there because it wasnt to hard n it was fun. I enjoyed it as well as my shift leaders.i know it wad alot of work but it wad laid back. Im gonna misd that jon very much.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
loved this job working in a child like environment
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 15, 2017
intventory, setting up new clothing lines, payroll, asst manager duties, markdowns, returns, running register, employees, opening and closing store. interacting with customers, shoppping for customers
Poor management
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2017
Advancement opportunities are few and far between because the people that get promoted are the ones the store manager favors. The company would rather seek outside promotions rather than promoting from within, job security is nothing. The store manager was crazy. It's no wonder this company is failing.
Pros
Discount
minimal hours, minimal pay
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
The most hours I worked when I was there was about 6 hours. I was there for years and they never wanted to move me up after I worked very hard for this company. There were always problems between managers and coworkers; such as talking about each other behind their back. It was a very uncomfortable, unprofessional work environment.
Pros
i really enjoyed doing shippment
Cons
drama, minimal hours, minimal pay, "on call" shifts
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 14, 2017
The company and clients were fun to work with. Overall i had a great experience during my time there. i would recommend this company to anyone who is considering
Excellent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2017
Gymboree corporation is an excellent condition workplace, includes inventory , restocking, and working with time. Discounts are given to employees at any moment.
Great work place
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 13, 2017
Gymboree is a really fantastic place to work. With the right team members with great attitudes you can fall in love with working for this company. It is really great for people in the retail business who want to go from an associate to an introductory management role as a sales lead. It is a nice evenly paced work environment with slow down time and busy times.
Pros
customer relationships
Cons
hard to advance
I did not like this job at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 13, 2017
The management was very horrible and the workplace overall was very unorganized.None of the employees did any of their jobs and everyone kind of just ran the whole place.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 10, 2017
Working at Gymboree was fun, relaxed place to work. All of the fellow staff members were friendly and helpful and it was fun to see all the little cute ones come into the store. Unfortunately not enough hours or money.
Pros
Fun, relaxed place to work
Cons
not enough hours or money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.