Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Happy and Fun place to work
Teaching Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INNovember 18, 2015
As I walk into the door, a smile appears on my face.
Children come in many different ways. No one child is the same.
I am energetic, caring, compassionate with my families and what each child needs maybe.
I am able to manage work with and without leadership. I am in charge of my floor I conduct my classes in a professional manner, I entertain my families as the play and learn side by side in a fun learning facility.
I work well with co-workers, I am a great team worker.
When a child cries they don't want to leave or may get injured.
Being able to interact with children and teach them a new way to play and learn at the same time.
Pros
Having fun while working, great hours, good pay.
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2016
Management staff was great to work with i learned a lot until business closed down. I was able to grow with this company from a sales associate till a sales lead (key holder). This company allowed me to my career in sales, which I have fell in love with!
Pros
leadership
Cons
business closing due to business
Worst Company Ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 16, 2016
I started in June, expecting to make decent hours since it's a part time job, not at all. My first two weeks I was given only 2 shifts per week, which was fine since I was just starting. Sadly this continued, and I now average only 8 hours per week, which isnt even enough to cover my gas expenses from my house to the job. I was just recently informed that they have to hire more associates, cutting every sales associates hours down to one 3 hour shift per week. Safe to say I am looking for new and more reliable employment.
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
short shifts not enough hours low pay
Normal
Lead Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 11, 2016
I had a good time working as part of the management staff at Gymboree. My job consisted of,, making orders, opening, closing the store, counting the money and doing bank deposits. Greeting the customers, changing the store when a new line is coming, being in charge of putting signs out and coordinating sales, training the sales associate and resolving conflicts regarding unhappy customers.
The hardest part is assigning everyone s role when its time to change up the store and move older things to the sale section, you have to go based on everyone's strongest point, you assign the positions based on how fast one can be in putting shoes out versus how much faster someone is when it comes to unpacking boxes etc etc.
Pros
kid related stuff and i get to see lots of kids
Cons
healthcare
Great Culture
Project Manager, Store Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2016
Gymboree has a great culture and promotes a great work/life balance. They make time for fun while still focusing on the goals that need to be achieved in order to be successful.
Very low pay even if u r a manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Worked for Gymboree for almost a year in the Cypress Outlet. Business busy always something to do. District manager lousy, hr even worse. Employees were great to work with customers were great.
Gymboree DOES NOT prosecute shoplifting at all period unless it's a internal employee so there was major shoplifting everyday all we did was write a report. Not a good company to work for or grow with. If your looking for a pt job with low pay and a generous discount then Gymboree is for you.
Pros
Great customers prices on clothing great
Cons
Lousy district manager and HR even worse
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 1, 2016
Great company to work for has awesome benefits and it is a loyal company. Has awesome clothes for kids and they are at an affordable price.
Taught me a lot of valuable lessons
Teacher/Birthday Leader/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2016
Working for Gymboree was one of the most educational and fulfilling experiences of my life. I really felt like I was helping people in a major way and that made me feel really good about what I was doing. There were some challenges with the high turn around rate of employees and constant changes in management made for a chaotic work environment. All of the teachers were good at their jobs and made such a substantial impact on the lives of the families they encountered.
Pros
Got to sing and dance. Fun atmosphere. Cute kids. Nice families. Educational curriculum.
Cons
Deplorable management.
Excellent Career with Friendly Staff and Customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 17, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this position. I was able to experience and socialize with many different types of people. I was able to learn and grow into the employee I am today based on the wonderful staff I was surrounded with. I am incredibly grateful for the work experience that I had at Gymboree.
Pros
Atmosphere, Staff, Learning Experience
Cons
Not enough hours offered
Helping out cosumers and cleaning up the store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 21, 2016
It is an okay part time job. But, you don't make enough to be full time for what you do. You don't get a lot of promotions at just being a part time employer.
Good job for someone staying home with their parents or as a part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 30, 2016
The management was cool. Holidays were busy. The store was always clean. The customers were always nice and friendly. There was no drama or beef between any workers and I worked with a lot of females.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay
Evolving Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 21, 2016
At the time that I worked for Gymboree Corporation the were going through several changes within the brand. Thus, the work life balance wasn't the best fit.
fast paced small work space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 16, 2015
The typical day at work was exhausting. At one point in time management weren't in agreement with one another, Then there was selective enforcement on the company's policies like, dress code, phone restrictions, etc. Then our compensation didn't properly correspond with our job demands. As well as not receiving "time and a half" on holidays or raises. Our turn over ratio seemed to be quite high because there were always new employees at our location. The hardest part about my job would have to be the replenishment at the en of the night, but the part i most enjoyed was the customer service. While at gymboree i learned how to manage my time effectively and how to give and overall great customer service experience,
Great company
General store manager (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 27, 2016
Wonderful company that believes in its mission to be the protector of childhood. Special connection to the guests enable a salesperson to live the mission to its fullest. Hours in store are based on mall requirements. The job of a manager are to uphold company policies and be a brand ambassador.
Direct Supervisor
BUSINESS LICENSE SPECIALIST (CONTRACT POSITION) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2016
Position was promised during contract period and then told on last day of contract term that my final paycheck was ready. Completely mishandled by direct supervisor.
Cons
Direct Supervisor not well trained in HR management
fun environment to work in with employees
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MASeptember 2, 2016
helping customers and picking out and helping them pick out outfits for their kids is a very fun job, matching all the clothes and accessories.
visualizing merchandise was my favorite part, putting together outfits and designing the wall to make it look shop worthy.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
short breaks, pay not fair
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 25, 2016
Gymboree is an awesome company to work for! The company cares about their people! on a typical day, you start off doing paper work and opening the system! Once you have the store open its all about having fun with the customers! Kids are a fun to shop for, suggest your favorite looks after finding out what they are looking for and your store will be a success!
Fun, productive, fast paced atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 27, 2016
I learned the true meaning of customer service. I learned that excellent customer service is going the extra mile by actively seeking customers on the floor, cross selling products, having knowledge of products and with all these qualities or skills you can be successful in building relationships with customers as well as strengthening interpersonal skills
Love my coworkers, not so much the hierarchy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 1, 2016
I used to love my job. Now it's constant corporate rules and guidelines. If you don't fall in line, watch out. The plus side? I've met some amazing people.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
They don't take into consideration that people have lives outside of work
"Legendary" Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAOctober 1, 2015
Great company to work for, that strives to provide "quality" of both their merchandise as well as their staff and work environment. By keeping this as a primary focus, the company has grown and maintained a loyal following of customers for 30+ years.
Pros
Call center is professional but laid-back, great benefits
Cons
Limited languages spoken for International calls

2.9