Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Very fun and productive work place
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 29, 2017
Team work makes the dream work, thats what i loved most about working here. Everyone is very friendly. My manager always offers us starbucks. The team is always so helpful.
Productive and great workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 29, 2017
Typical day at work is to open the store make sure merchandise is looking presentable and there is enough stock on the sales floor for the customers. Make sure the deposit is taken to the bank before opening. The hardest part of the job was not given enough hours to cover the sales floor there were moments where it was only the manager in the store by themselves and if a customer needed a size from the back it was not possible to leave the sales floor to look for it. What I enjoyed about this job was the team we had everyone worked great together.
Pros
employee discount on the products
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing experience
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 28, 2017
I've met alot of amazing mom's and children.. I ever had a hard time helping a costumer out.. the best part was seeing the same people coming back to the store from time to time.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2017
Depending on the location it can be very past pace. There is great opportunity for advancement and I learned a lot from my managers as developing with in is their culture. As a store manager I was able to develop a great team with 0 turn around. It was fun and it never felt like we were working.
Pros
Great product fashions and discounts
Cons
Single person coverages was challenging at times
This job barely had any business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 24, 2017
At this position I helped customers purchase clothing for their loved ones. There was a lot of cash handling mostly, I assisted customers on the work floor, and helped them with whatever was necessary
Sales Lead
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Mall Del NorteMarch 23, 2017
Greet Customers
Audit
Closing and opening of the store.
Answering phones
checks
delivery of deposit
No life
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 22, 2017
They want you to have open availability for part time hours. No life. Will call you in at last minute on your day off to come in to work. If you refuse they hold it against you.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 20, 2017
great work place ,management is always there , team players ,fun kid friendly place ,customer service is a really big deal at Gymboree great place to work
Perfect job for first time customer service experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 19, 2017
I worked at two different Gymboree locations, and both were amazing. The members of corporate, management, and fellow employees were all equally friendly and accepting. This is a great job to gain experience in customer service. You are continuously learning, encouraged to grow, and are recognized when you do so. I would recommend working for this company to anyone who asks.
Pros
Friendly, giving recognition, team work.
Cons
Lack of hours.
Very unreliable schedule
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2017
some points you will have 2 hours, and that's usually from 7-9p.m-and then other days you'll be on call for 7-9pm. Promised position(s) you won't get.
Pros
flexible hours, easy tasks
Cons
promised things you prob. won't get, and unprofessional mgrs.
Productive work enviornment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 15, 2017
Gymboree is a great place to work, however it isn't the greatest wih supplying many hours to employees for example one week I wokred one shift and for two weeks after that I didn't have any hours. There also aren't any benefits unless your a manager.
Pros
Small store, not a lot of clutter
Cons
No breaks unless working over 5 hours
Inviting Atmosphere
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work involved replenishment of the entire store to ensure that there was enough product to be sold.I learned how to deliver quality customer service, to anyone who walked in. Management was average in terms of keeping the store and a team together. The job was fairly easy, the only hard part I experienced was becoming familiar with the product.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
The pay, no opportunities to grow.
Gymboree
Sales Associate/Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 11, 2017
If you like interacting with children and mothers, then Gymboree is a place to apply. Not a very busy store but you are always being productive in many ways.
Pros
Long lunch, perfect part-time job
Cons
Short breaks
Individual stores are great (some)
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 8, 2017
Love the store and people I worked with their work ethic is great and pleasant. District Management and higher is not as supportive and helping as should be. Management does not follow through on concerns or issues in the individual stores.
Fun Job
Art Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here in my early years. It was a good experience, especially to get comfortable working and communicating with others. The weekend parties were a nice plus to make some extra money.
Great retail environment
PT-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMarch 7, 2017
It was a great place to work, surrounded by strong, independent women with and without families. Everyone I worked with had past retail experience and were knowledgeable about their job.
I learned a lot about dealing with customers, figuring out what they may need, helping them accessorize what they've got already. The hardest part of the job was learning exactly what people were looking. The easiest part was learning the register and taking care of the people who came in to the store.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Hours could be cut last minute
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2017
part time job, wasn't too stressful, cute collections and the customers are pretty nice. the store was small so clean up wasn't terrible
My store ended up closing due to higher end rent
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company; however, the DM at the time would allow for other Store Mangers to bring their underage children to work and allow for them to do specific tasks in store
Fun and flexible hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 2, 2017
Work was slow most nights, it was my first job so I learned a lot. Hardest part was getting used to working while in school. I enjoyed working with co workers, very nice people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very little hours
Enjoyable work day
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJFebruary 28, 2017
It was busy some days and not other days. The kids brought joy and made things fun and exciting every time I worked. It is was a fast paced job, it kept me moving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.