Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Good work place but bankruptcy and store closure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 12, 2017
Company filed bankruptcy, very short notice was given and all of the information on possible store closures was kept very secretive until stores closures were initiated.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Store closures
laid back compamy
Assistant Store Manager/ Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 12, 2017
excellent company to work for! they are fun, caring, and laid to work for. They are not stressful. There managment takes care of you and have resources to help you out.
Fun place to work at. Little notice to changes. Not enough payroll . No raises.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 11, 2017
Fun place to work at. Little notice to changes. Not enough payroll . No raises. Quality has gone down. Prices are better. Good discount. Peers are friendly. Need new registers systems .
Ok if you like long hours
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 11, 2017
Long hours and not information ahead of time to confirm days off. Which gives you no time to plan anything with your family. And a very hot warehouse.
Productive and fun to see children.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
I sold merchandise to customers and did go backs almost the entire shift. I learned about the first new collection being placed on display for a great deal. I managed Stock Display in the backroom. Workplace culture was minor. There was nothing hard about working at Gymboree. Listening to the T.V. cartons for the kids was interesting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short 15 min breaks.
I enjoyed my time with Gymboree.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Gymboree during the time I served in the community. The most enjoyable part of the position I held was my direct contact with the families that shopped our brand and specifically the store I worked in. I also enjoyed building a successful team, developing their skills and the continued growth of the team and our store location.
My experience working at this company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJuly 9, 2017
Very low entry level job. Harsh working conditions. Temperature is hot. Depending on demands of products the hours weren't consistent. I feel like this company will hire anyone with arms and legs. No real skills needed. Pretty straight forward and easy. Not challenging. Not enough growth to move up. But if you're looking for something easy to get to time going, go for it.
Pros
Team members are easy to get along with
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, warehouse temperature, time off and sick leave are all in one pot.
Gymboree
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2017
Checking customers out,helping shop.What i learned is you always want to great your customers at the door or it could change their whole out look on purchasing items there.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the little kids messing the store up (Really wasn't anything to bad.The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the kids.
Awesome place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 7, 2017
The girls that work here are incredibly fun and entertaining to work with. All are really hard workers and are very supportive of one another. The manager here is also amazing!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Fun Environment
normal day
SALES ASSOCIATE/SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 7, 2017
most days where really slow , no hours , management was rude , and no communication , saturdays where the busy .always short handed every other week someone quit
Pros
laid back enviorment
Cons
no hours
Productive work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 6, 2017
Typical day of work was putting new freight out or making room to put more product on the floor. maintaining a clean environment, hanging and folding clothes. Ringing up customers, answering phone calls.
Pros
Cute children clothes, fun cultue
Good place to work if you are looking for a part time job
Part Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 6, 2017
Small stores so its easy to manage with one associate. Very time management task. Management is trust worthly, fun to work with, understanding. Hardest part are not getting weekends off, minimal hours given to sales associates. Overall, if you have a good store mangement team it will be a great place to work at.
Good experience
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 5, 2017
Working for Gymboree was a great experience, I learned to work at the register and greet customers . The employees were very polite , they're willing to teach the new people everything they know. Overall great experience and great job .
Great, Fun and Stress free place to work.
Lead Teacher/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 5, 2017
Gymboree is an amazing place to work at. Great work/life balance. The job itself was fun and rewarding knowing I was going home everyday after helping to teach kids new things.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2017
Sad that they are filing for bankruptcy. The company had made a good name for themselves. Customers love the product. And they love all the sales. Decent place to work. But still sad.
Sinking ship
Director Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2017
Gymboree has struggled in the market for many years. They recently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Budgets continue to get cut and layoffs prevail year after year. Partial bonuses have been paid once in last 5 years. Turnover is very high as the top contributes are jumping ship. The remaining associates are left with all the work and little motivation as career growth is limited and salary increases non existent.
Pros
Fun people, good product
Cons
Poor management decisions, financial instability
A Nice Place to Work
ACTING STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of working at Gymboree other than some of the district management. On a day to day basis, however, it was a fun store to work in.
Coworkers are great, but the Company sucks!
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 27, 2017
The company claims to care about the welfare of their employees, however that is a lie! They do not show any appreciation for the hardwork of their employees, giving them almost no time to complete ridiculous tasks in a short amount of time. They lack in protection of their employees when it comes to external theft and points fingers to blame it as internal. The customers are rude, they talk down to you, ignore you, or throw a huge fit if you do not have a size, but offer to online order the item. No matter how nice you are or how much you try to extend a helping hand, they still will be incredibly rude and have no control over their children making cleaning up an absolute nightmare. You learn a lot as far as making decisions and public speaking and knowing when to take the initiative. however, the only thing great about the job is the people you work with and the discounts you get on top of the great sale they have at the time
long hours, no flexibility, not family friendly shifts.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJune 27, 2017
the money was cool.
long hours they only offer 3 different shifts
if you have a family its really hard to balance.
when i worked there we had to pick up the slack from day shift on top of hitting our own goals.
there was a lot of favoritism.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long non flexible shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 26, 2017
The best manager ever, the coworkers are very friendly and we help each other all the time, when you have a problem the manager is there to help, very nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.