Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

not fun
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 30, 2016
not fun job, boring and all we do is clean all day. not a good job as far as advancing because the company is so big its hard to get noticed unless you are a manager
Energetic and rewarding
Early Childhood Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 13, 2016
The hardest part of the job was keeping the attention of multiple toddlers and babies. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the kids learn and take away from the lessons they have been taught.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 20, 2016
Part time work and pay was good, surrounded by nice people and located in a nice part of the outlet mall. I learned a lot about being a fast, clear and concise cashier, as well as perfecting my customer service skills and abilities to help others.
Cons
No breaks.
Seasonal Job at a Baby Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 27, 2016
Overall nice experience, coworkers were exceptional, I loved interacting and meeting new customers and selling add-ons with confidence.
Pros
Letting customers leave happy
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Excellent Customer Service
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2016
A staff team that's number one goal for success is Customer Service. Going u and beyond to meet each and everyone needs and wants. While providing excellent customer service - preventing loss prevention.
Pros
Excellent staff members
Cons
Not enough hours per week
Evolving Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 21, 2016
At the time that I worked for Gymboree Corporation the were going through several changes within the brand. Thus, the work life balance wasn't the best fit.
All worked together but seemed to be competitave about hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAMarch 7, 2016
they were all nice and did there job mostly but when i started working there, after i got trained they would be in the back room for quite a long time doing what ever they did, and left me out on the floor for most of my shift.
Pros
Sometimes co-workers would bring in something for us all
Cons
there were only girls, when they hired one man didn't give him enough hours and thought he was too slow.
love this company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 20, 2016
this is a great company to work for whenever i am in need of a job i go here, they are so flexible and you really can find some great deals just by working on the inside!
Pros
great people, great business over all
Cons
its not a forever job unless you can go up
Great vibes
Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 16, 2016
Learning to give great costumer service.
The management was a little unorganized my first 5 months there but now it is great.
Co-workers are great.
Hardest per of the job is keeping my cool while a costumer gets frustrated but I have gotten better at it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer walk out with a smile.
Pros
team work and very flexible hours
love working in a fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 3, 2016
love working at gymboree. the people are friendly and love the energy of the store. My boss is super sweet and caring, also takes her job very seriously. love everyone that works there.
Get with the 21 Century
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Love the customers!!! Upper Management likes to micromanage you and make expectations they themselves do not hold each other accountable for. The lack of organization from upper managements goals to how they are executed on the store level are so far from each other it is frustrating. The upper management likes to make threats about discipline and when you need their help they are no where to be found. Typical do as I say not as I do attitude.
Pros
Awesome Customers
Cons
Pay, benefits and being treated with no respect from the Corporate Office
Best place I've worked at so far!
Play and Learn Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Gymboree very much! Everyday I got to come and work with wonderful children, help them learn through singing and dancing which are some of my favorite things to do! My manager and coworkers were very helpful when I first started and I caught on pretty quickly with their help. Workplace was kept clean at all times so it made my job a lot easier.
Pros
Having fun teaching children
Cons
Misunderstandings with some parents
hard place to work if you want to advance.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJune 26, 2016
I did not trust any of the management. It was a "Good old boy" network and they were all shady. If one didn't like you, none did.
Pros
no pros
Cons
manditory overtime.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working in this environment. Overall, there was a great work environment. While here, I gained more knowledge on customer service and dealing with different situations.
Overall great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHMay 14, 2016
Great family\work life. Only had a few issues with upper management not knowing area\market. Great benefits. Works on a great payroll system. The customers are great and working around children was always fun.
Amazing Team!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty enjoyable I love the customers that come in and their children are always a hoot to watch when they find things that they want. I learned more about myself as a new manager and what I can handle and what opportunities that I can take on to learn even more. My store-manager is pretty awesome she helps make it a more relaxed atmosphere and genuinely cares for her entire team same as the other managers including myself. Our team is pretty cohesive considering we are all female haven't had any cat fights or problems!
Pros
customers, team, discount, cute clothing
Cons
none what-so-ever
Easy Going
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2016
easy going job, only about 20 hours but it isn't too bad for a part time school job. Some weird 3 hour shifts, the store is pretty slow you don't have to do too much
Did not like my experience there
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
They hardly ever give their employees raises. Has a high turn over rate. Company does not appreciate their employees and their hard work.
Very fast pace with detail customer service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2016
Being available to work peak hours to maximize customer service thru conversion. Work quickly to process shipment, Marketing and markdowns.Use of tools to establish daily business focus. Coach in the moment and lead by example.
Pros
abiltiy to lead my team and business as needed
Cons
Technical support is challenging
cheap company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 8, 2016
they over work you and you barely make minimum wage. the managers try and they have a high turnover. they work you to death.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9