Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Very fast pace with detail customer service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2016
Being available to work peak hours to maximize customer service thru conversion. Work quickly to process shipment, Marketing and markdowns.Use of tools to establish daily business focus. Coach in the moment and lead by example.
Pros
abiltiy to lead my team and business as needed
Cons
Technical support is challenging
Family Religious Good Store
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 3, 2016
This position gave me extensive knowledge of customer service. They are wonderful with their customers and go above and beyond to make the customer's experience wonderful.
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 1, 2016
Great company to work for has awesome benefits and it is a loyal company. Has awesome clothes for kids and they are at an affordable price.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Fun place to work, helping customers, sample new product
floorsets and changing all new displays working until 4am sometimes when new season or new product came in
Pros
hours
Cons
healthcare
Get with the 21 Century
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Love the customers!!! Upper Management likes to micromanage you and make expectations they themselves do not hold each other accountable for. The lack of organization from upper managements goals to how they are executed on the store level are so far from each other it is frustrating. The upper management likes to make threats about discipline and when you need their help they are no where to be found. Typical do as I say not as I do attitude.
Pros
Awesome Customers
Cons
Pay, benefits and being treated with no respect from the Corporate Office
Best place I've worked at so far!
Play and Learn Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Gymboree very much! Everyday I got to come and work with wonderful children, help them learn through singing and dancing which are some of my favorite things to do! My manager and coworkers were very helpful when I first started and I caught on pretty quickly with their help. Workplace was kept clean at all times so it made my job a lot easier.
Pros
Having fun teaching children
Cons
Misunderstandings with some parents
Cheap Company
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 15, 2016
Gymboree is the most low paying, high standard company!! No raise after two years minimum hours when store gets hours expect to drop your life for them. Gymboree wants there managers to work alone even at night.
Pros
Friendship you build with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no hours, no raises
Not for everyone
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 15, 2016
Gymboree has good values, but the stores themselves are struggling. Visually, financially, etc. Gymboree is for a beginning manager.
Amazing Team!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty enjoyable I love the customers that come in and their children are always a hoot to watch when they find things that they want. I learned more about myself as a new manager and what I can handle and what opportunities that I can take on to learn even more. My store-manager is pretty awesome she helps make it a more relaxed atmosphere and genuinely cares for her entire team same as the other managers including myself. Our team is pretty cohesive considering we are all female haven't had any cat fights or problems!
Pros
customers, team, discount, cute clothing
Cons
none what-so-ever
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 10, 2016
You were always doing something and the coworkers were always very friendly. Management was always on top of things and were very friendly. It was easy to catch on and I never dreaded going to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Prices were high, Didn't pay enough for everything they had you doing
I LOVE working for Gymboree
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at any Gymboree Corporation Store (Crazy 8) can be sumed up in a few words..fun, energetic, and productive. We strive to provide sutomers with our very best legendary service. Sometimes that means keeping the kids busy so mom can shop.My team is more like my family. We work together to solve problems, try new ideas to make our service structure better, learn and grow together. This has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
Working with parents and children
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Passionate about our brands and selling our products.Providing legendary service to our customers. Smiling as children run throughout the store looking for clothes that their parents will buy them.
good place to work
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 2, 2016
overall a good company to work for. easy going fast pace, and selling incentives. management is good about working with you on your schedule
Pros
employee discount
Fun workplace, but sometimes disorganized
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Gymboree was a fun place to work. The company itself seemed well organized, but how plans were implemented in stores seemed chaotic at times. Also, the turnover rate for employees was very high. Overall, a fun environment to work in. A great place to start in retail with many opportunities for advancement at the beginning levels.
Pros
25% off discount, flexible hours.
Cons
High turnover rate, low pay
Great Work Environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working here. It's easy to advance if you work hard and are quick paced. The management is great at teaching you exactly what needs to be done and.They provide you with examples and give you one on one training.
Enjoyable, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Work days at Gymboree were always looked forward too. The staff that I worked with was always respectful, and always there to lend a helping hand when you needed it. There were tough times as there is at every job, but none that weren't manageable. Sometimes customers got a little out of hand and wanted to blame you for things that were completely out of hand, but using my amazing customer service skills I was always able to solve the problem by myself or with the help of my manager. I enjoyed going to work every day because I always got to make at least one persons day. I had the pleasure of helping people put an outfit together or giving my advice of what piece would make their outfit complete. I thoroughly enjoy working with people.
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
short breaks
back room a mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 14, 2016
the hardest part of the job had to be keeping the clothing organized and resetting up the room when we received new merchandise.
fun place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2016
Its a fun p, to work but the pay is so little, not enough payroll, and management does not appreciate the hard work you put into the company
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
pay
Resonable and outstanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 11, 2016
Productive environment with reasonable and respectful Co- Workers. This company was only a seasonal job that I experience but working there has taught me much about being a Sales Associate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, and less hours
very fun workplace,very organized and friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2016
a typical day at work involved A LOT of babies. The hardest part of the job was tax free weekend/black Friday. Making sure everyone LEFT SATISFIED and that the store was kept up and organized. I had an amazing team and with the help of all of us,we always met goal for sales.the most enjoyable part of the job was being around children of all ages,I love kids. It was so rewarding seeing all the smiles and being apart of all the laughs.
Pros
being around babies and lots of SMILES.
Cons
n/a

2.9