Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A Nice Place to Work
ACTING STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of working at Gymboree other than some of the district management. On a day to day basis, however, it was a fun store to work in.
Coworkers are great, but the Company sucks!
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 27, 2017
The company claims to care about the welfare of their employees, however that is a lie! They do not show any appreciation for the hardwork of their employees, giving them almost no time to complete ridiculous tasks in a short amount of time. They lack in protection of their employees when it comes to external theft and points fingers to blame it as internal. The customers are rude, they talk down to you, ignore you, or throw a huge fit if you do not have a size, but offer to online order the item. No matter how nice you are or how much you try to extend a helping hand, they still will be incredibly rude and have no control over their children making cleaning up an absolute nightmare. You learn a lot as far as making decisions and public speaking and knowing when to take the initiative. however, the only thing great about the job is the people you work with and the discounts you get on top of the great sale they have at the time
long hours, no flexibility, not family friendly shifts.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJune 27, 2017
the money was cool.
long hours they only offer 3 different shifts
if you have a family its really hard to balance.
when i worked there we had to pick up the slack from day shift on top of hitting our own goals.
there was a lot of favoritism.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long non flexible shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 26, 2017
The best manager ever, the coworkers are very friendly and we help each other all the time, when you have a problem the manager is there to help, very nice place to work.
Very productive family based business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 23, 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company. Very relaxed but they know what their doing. No benefits but that's okay. I loved how close everyone was with each other
Hard Place to work at times, but enjoyable
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2017
I think this company has a long way to go with how they treat employees and give far benefits to all fulltime employees. They do so well with customer service, just not the best with employee friendly.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits, no full time positions
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 20, 2017
Working at Gymboree is what you would expect from any retail store. Your day will mostly consist of customer service. Weekdays are very slow compared to weekends.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 20, 2017
great place to work at, management is great, very supportive team. fast paced but easy going at times. only problem would be the hours but that's something that they don't control
Cons
not enough hours
Good place for exposure
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJune 20, 2017
typical work day is sometimes you don't know if you'll get you full * hours. Its a steady job but the management lacks communication.
Most season employees don't really care about that, I DO, I believe communication is a huge part t work.
I loved it
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 19, 2017
I loved working for Gymboree, I would work there again. Awesome discounts, great customer base, super cute clothes, great sales, pretty easy job. Thank You.
Active and Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 19, 2017
I loved my manager and the dynamics between all of us employees. Both slow and busy days allowed for opportunities with customers and employees. Children's clothing is a fascinating and heart-melting industry.
Fun
Sales, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 18, 2017
I enjoy working! It's a fun environment to be in never a dull moment when working! The kid's are lovely when they come into the store wearing the clothes from the store.
Job History
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 16, 2017
Job was very easy to learn and everyone was easy to get along with and friendly. Hours and days where very straight forward and easy. Management is very good if a problem they are there to help and take care of it.
Pros
Breaks, Easy hours
Very friendly enviroment, and encourging team mates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 15, 2017
I this job was everything when I needed it. The women I worked with were supportive and great people to be around. The clients were super lovely and made working there worth wild.
Good job if you have the right management
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2017
I had an outstanding store manager and assistant manager during my time at Gymboree. When they left was when the company started going down hill and I followed them. Gymboree is no longer a job opportunity as it has gone bankrupt.
job was not challenging enough
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 14, 2017
the management team was very supportive and the job was overall a great environment. However, it did not pay enough and some days were not enjoyable due to the slow traffic and unfriendly customers.
Pros
working with children
Cons
pay and benefits
Fun staff, poor hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 14, 2017
It is a wonderful work environment with fun and friendly staff. The hours, however, are very poor, and the pay is just above minimum wage. Good for a part, part-time job,
Pros
Great staff, fun management
Cons
poor hours, poor pay
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 13, 2017
Sale children clothing. It was a good job while I was in college and needed the extra money. Christmas was the busiest time of the year. There wasn't really a hard part about the job.
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2017
Fun place to start off as a first job to gain experience in the retail industry & customer service . I was 18 years old when my store manager hired me
Cons
10 min break if its a 5hrs or less 30min lunch 6hr or more
understanding managers
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
The managers are accommodating to life situations of employees -such as school or family. fun place to work. nice employee discount. great part-time job.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay not so good. but works well for a part-time position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.