GYN Employee Reviews in United States

Small office, one physician practice
Office Assistant/Insurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 9, 2015
I moved and advanced from 3 positions while there. I started as Front Office, worked Medical Records and then went to billing. That's where I decided I really loved the billing area of a medial practice but since there wasn't any advancement opportunities I decided to find something full time. I absolutely love the OB/GYN Specialty and continue to love learning. Most of the time the co-workers got along but there was some tension at times. The hardest part of the job was being micromanaged...I feel no need for that if you feel you have competent employees working for you. The most favorable part of the job was learning the billing codes and filing correctly to meeting the patients, learning their problems and helping the physicians with minor procedures.
Pros
Free Drug Respresentative lunches
Cons
The raises could have been better, and recognizations of skills learned would have been nice to hear.
Difficult environment
RN for St. Louis Associate (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 27, 2015
Office manager very dificult to work with. 43employees left within 5yr period. 11 within 2yr period. Job itself was very rewarding and enjoyable. MD very pleasant and easy to work with. Manager is sister to owner of practice and sister in law to MD so unable to discuss her issues with anyone. Unable to advance and no direction. After breaking my leg before I returned she replaced me an offered me to work front office for half pay,which I did do. Worked only one month but did learn all front office repsonsibilities.
Pros
MD I had worked with previously in L&D
Cons
no benefits ie health ins, disability pay FMLA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 21, 2015
Work has its advantages the clinical experience and being patient with patient is all what makes working in the medical field exuberant. Having a purpose to showcase your gratitude to a healthcare profession means giving your total all to making worth its while.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place with alot of stress
Central Ohio OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 14, 2015
i was a float so i did everything from front office, clinical, and central scheduling. it became very stress full because of the traveling and not knowing where i was going to be on a daily basis and it was low pay. i loved my job, and i loved all the doctors that worked in the practice.
Pros
good team, benefits.
productive and exciting
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2015
a typical day includes many patients of different backgrounds, always a learning opportunity involved. I learned many different things regarding female care and pregnancy care. the coworkers were friendly it was a family atmosphere.
Productive and great learning experience
Front office Administrator/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 5, 2013
Working with Dr. Shamsah Amersi was great work experience. Dr. Amersi just opened her own private practice in January 2013. I got the opportunity to start with her in the exciting experience and I was able learn more about the OB/GYN specialty. It was always an exciting day at Dr. Amersi's office. I worked primarily in the back office assisting Dr. Amersi with vital signs, tray set ups, phlebotomy & and prenatal screening. I became her office manager in a short period of time. Managing her front and back office. Her patients were lovely and always had a great experience at her office. The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the OB patients with their prenatal visits and getting the chance to see them with their babies for their post partum appointments. The hardest part of the job was having to leave the practice for other job opportunities.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no benefits, no room for advancement
Amazing workplace environment.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 26, 2015
With this job, I was able to explore my career intentions in the future and I stuck with my original goal to become a registered nurse in the future.
Productive and a wonderful company to work for
M.D. OB (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
I love what I do working with different patient everyday and being able to communicate with my co-workers and and great understanding of one another. The hardest part of my job is having to inform a patient of abnormal results depending on what the results maybe.
Productive learned alot
Northwestern Medical Faculty Fnd (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
My day started at 7am to 6pm 10 hours four day work week Friday's off. Epic users begin in the WQ high dollars to low; by payer working the denial why the claim denied what is missing; reviewing Medicare, BCBS policy or using Passport or Availity to check claim status; if the claims has to be appealed; appeal the claim follow in 15 days via deferring the claims to pop up in the WQ. The Medicare policies like the back of hand. Managment was fair and very open door policy and would assist when needed. The hardest part of the job was the waiting on the appeals to clear to see if your appeal was overturned. The enjoyable part knowing every week I had a three day weekend.
Pros
FOUR DAY WORK WEEK
Cons
NEED FREE PARKING
Very Busy, you learn something new everyday
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carroll, MDJuly 9, 2015
A typical work day could vary, it could consist of all or some of the following:
Vitals
procedures
Blood draw
Prescription refills
Prior auth.
Triage
taking a health history

Want to know more about GYN?

Ask a question
Productive Ob/Gyn office.
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the customers.
I have a great relationship with all my co-workers and we try to make it a family setting.
A typical work day for me is making sure that all aspects of patient care are attained.
productive, fast paced facility
Jen-kway Shen MD OB (Current Employee) –  hacienda heights, caAugust 15, 2013
i like my job as a medical assistant, but know i want to change the routine i would like to learn more skills and new things, the dr. that i work for he is easygoing, i like that i have learn a lot of things but there is no way that i can can advance or succeed in my career because almost everyday is the same thing. i like working with my co- workers.. a typical day at work is taking pt vitals, urinalysis, draw blood, answer phones, make appointments, check insurance, help Dr. with any small procedure. label specimen, take specimen to the lab box, fill up the request forms.
A day on the job
East Cooper OB (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCApril 27, 2015
Fun and exciting atmosphere, always learning new things. Friendly staff and loving patients. Working for this company was a great learning experiences,I learned so many thing from hands on training.
Serving our U.S Military, Veterans and their Dependents
Lead Secretary for the Dept of OB (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 4, 2015
High paced, well organized, team players. Helping the patients and customers to feel satisfaction and safe in a place of home away from home.
overall it was fun working with mother and baby
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jubilee memorial mission hospital Kerala IndiaMarch 12, 2013
conducting deliveries caring for the newborns and mothers. learned many new challenges in maternity and child care . we had great management and co-workers were very helpful each other . The most enjoyable part is to see the gratitude of the mother after seeing her newborn
Pros
spiritual and happy atmosphere
Cons
developing countries don't have the advanced facility
Excellent
Surgical Assist Of Georgia (Current Employee) –  Conyers GAMarch 1, 2015
Meet and greet each patient. Review chart for patient history and labs. Assist with operation room preparation. Assist surgeon intraoperatively. Assist with escort to PACU. Follow up with patient first day post-op.
Pros
i can never to do too much for my patients
Cons
n/a
productive
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2014
a typical day at work is make sure that all the doctors are organized, all the chart are file back, make sure that the doctors have the first pile of results for the morning and then again in the afternoon. When short staff i help out with scheduling patients, answering phone calls, and also making sure that my schedule that i pull for the doctors are done every Monday for two weeks in advance. i learned alot at my job for example i learn to be time sensitive when something need to be done it gets done. i also learn to get along with different personality of people so that there is no conflict between us. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to see women with there babies, hear the heart beat of their child or children.
Pros
meet people new everyday
Cons
short breaks
Big experience and great team
Medical Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
very busy office with minimum staff - everybody is high trained and experienced worker.
We are a very good team and work hard to keep it this way.
The hardest part of this job is that I have to do multiple tasks plus oversees medical billing process, sometimes in a light speed.
best college job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT EASTERN SHORE OB (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALMarch 10, 2015
It was very easy to work here as I was also in school full time. they are closed down now, but if they were still open I'd still visit
Great Learning Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2012
The position was great I gained alot of experience. I liked working with the expecting mothers. I enjoyed seeing the little babies when the mothers came in for there post partum visit.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
management not able to organize well