GYN Employee Reviews

Great doctors and some really great staff
Front Desk Receptionist / Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work was answering multi-line phones, scheduling appointments for all 3 of our offices, scanning documents into electronic charts, process and complete medical records requests.
Front Office SchedulerVery busy multi physician ob/gyn office
Associated Women's Specialist OB (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2017
Very fast paced office with 2 satellite offices. Excellent physicians to work with and outstanding support staff. Great working atmosphere and hours
Pros
Very nice pleasant offie environment
Cons
Pay could have been higher
Fast Paced Enviroment
Samantha Han MD Ob (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 24, 2017
Great office. fast paced environment. Being bilingual helps alot. The management needs work. a typical day consist of answering phone calling in patients for their scheduled appt. the office is clean and sanitary.
great practice
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 10, 2017
scheduled procedures, verified insurances, instructed patients on pre & post protocol. The hardest part of the job was discussing fetal anomalies and going over options that the doctor discussed with the patient. Seeing the joy on the parents faces when they find out they are pregnant and then when they have a healthy baby.
Flexibility when it comes to family & health. Calm work enviroment for the staff.
OB (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDNovember 26, 2016
My job was the most interesting because I was able to be hands on in helping the patients with there exams & assisting the doctors with exams as well as preparing lab orders, lab specimens. I was also able to communicate with labs, hospitals, radiology facilities to schedule test & procedures with doctors orders. My job was not limited to doing clinical back office, I also filled in and assisted with the front desk in scheduling appointments, greeting patients, verifying insurance, collecting co-payments, preparing chart in EMR system using Athena HealthNet, answered phones, called in prescriptions to pharmacy, posted payments and prepared claims as well as followed up on insurance claims to see if the insurance has paid bill.
Pros
2 Week paid vacations every year, able to grow in office.
Cons
No benefit package.
amazing job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Best job ever, challenging , never a dull moment. Lots of surgeries, so if you are into that, you will learn a lot and work with the most amazing, dedicated dr ever
luncheons to learn new procedures and meds
NURSE AT GREER OB (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 23, 2016
Very professional office.. Took Calls for 10 doctors on weekends. Enlightening and educational. almost 18 years
experience.Over 18 years many patients were repeat patients, enjoy seeing them out with children who have grown up and sometimes see their children as patients. Long term relationships with team players.
Benefits
Cons
Salary reached Maximum and frozen
Small office, one physician practice
Office Assistant/Insurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 9, 2015
I moved and advanced from 3 positions while there. I started as Front Office, worked Medical Records and then went to billing. That's where I decided I really loved the billing area of a medial practice but since there wasn't any advancement opportunities I decided to find something full time. I absolutely love the OB/GYN Specialty and continue to love learning. Most of the time the co-workers got along but there was some tension at times. The hardest part of the job was being micromanaged...I feel no need for that if you feel you have competent employees working for you. The most favorable part of the job was learning the billing codes and filing correctly to meeting the patients, learning their problems and helping the physicians with minor procedures.
Pros
Free Drug Respresentative lunches
Cons
The raises could have been better, and recognizations of skills learned would have been nice to hear.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 21, 2015
Work has its advantages the clinical experience and being patient with patient is all what makes working in the medical field exuberant. Having a purpose to showcase your gratitude to a healthcare profession means giving your total all to making worth its while.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Difficult environment
RN for St. Louis Associate (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 27, 2015
Office manager very dificult to work with. 43employees left within 5yr period. 11 within 2yr period. Job itself was very rewarding and enjoyable. MD very pleasant and easy to work with. Manager is sister to owner of practice and sister in law to MD so unable to discuss her issues with anyone. Unable to advance and no direction. After breaking my leg before I returned she replaced me an offered me to work front office for half pay,which I did do. Worked only one month but did learn all front office repsonsibilities.
Pros
MD I had worked with previously in L&D
Cons
no benefits ie health ins, disability pay FMLA
productive and exciting
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2015
a typical day includes many patients of different backgrounds, always a learning opportunity involved. I learned many different things regarding female care and pregnancy care. the coworkers were friendly it was a family atmosphere.
Productive and a wonderful company to work for
M.D. OB (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
I love what I do working with different patient everyday and being able to communicate with my co-workers and and great understanding of one another. The hardest part of my job is having to inform a patient of abnormal results depending on what the results maybe.
fun work place with alot of stress
Central Ohio OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 14, 2015
i was a float so i did everything from front office, clinical, and central scheduling. it became very stress full because of the traveling and not knowing where i was going to be on a daily basis and it was low pay. i loved my job, and i loved all the doctors that worked in the practice.
Pros
good team, benefits.
Very Busy, you learn something new everyday
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carroll, MDJuly 9, 2015
A typical work day could vary, it could consist of all or some of the following:
Vitals
Triage
taking a health history
Amazing workplace environment.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 26, 2015
With this job, I was able to explore my career intentions in the future and I stuck with my original goal to become a registered nurse in the future.
Productive Ob/Gyn office.
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the customers.
I have a great relationship with all my co-workers and we try to make it a family setting.
A typical work day for me is making sure that all aspects of patient care are attained.
Serving our U.S Military, Veterans and their Dependents
Lead Secretary for the Dept of OB (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 4, 2015
High paced, well organized, team players. Helping the patients and customers to feel satisfaction and safe in a place of home away from home.
A day on the job
East Cooper OB (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCApril 27, 2015
Fun and exciting atmosphere, always learning new things. Friendly staff and loving patients. Working for this company was a great learning experiences,I learned so many thing from hands on training.
Productive learned alot
Northwestern Medical Faculty Fnd (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
My day started at 7am to 6pm 10 hours four day work week Friday's off. Epic users begin in the WQ high dollars to low; by payer working the denial why the claim denied what is missing; reviewing Medicare, BCBS policy or using Passport or Availity to check claim status; if the claims has to be appealed; appeal the claim follow in 15 days via deferring the claims to pop up in the WQ. The Medicare policies like the back of hand. Managment was fair and very open door policy and would assist when needed. The hardest part of the job was the waiting on the appeals to clear to see if your appeal was overturned. The enjoyable part knowing every week I had a three day weekend.
Pros
FOUR DAY WORK WEEK
Cons
NEED FREE PARKING
best college job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT EASTERN SHORE OB (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALMarch 10, 2015
It was very easy to work here as I was also in school full time. they are closed down now, but if they were still open I'd still visit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GYN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2