The position will work with the Mine Manager and the COO, to help identify and validate costs, cycle times, mineral analysis, cost per ton performance improvement opportunities, and general administrative duties. You will be using analytical and statistical tools and continuous improvement methodologies. You will work collaboratively with operating teams at the Blue Diamond Mine site and Corporate departments in Las Vegas in executing analysis and providing occasional oversight to the implementation of initiatives. You will help actively develop and facilitate best practices at the mine site.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
I. Provide analytic support to the Mine Manager and COO, as well as corporate functions (Equipment, Operations Strategy, Strategic Business Planning, Sales and Marketing, Finance, etc) to help improve mine performance and realize corporate goals.
II. Assist in analyzing and interpreting data to identify cost savings or efficiency opportunities. Develop recommendations and action plans for improvement, and where applicable assistance in tracking and monitoring progress.
III. Provide ‘at the mine’ analytical, project management, and technical support for the mining team on an as needed basis.
IV. Compile and prepare regular progress reports for the COO and senior management.
V. Assist in the ongoing development of Blue Diamond Mine procedures, guidelines and best practices and provide analytical and mine-site support in the implementation of these initiatives.
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mining, chemical, or metallurgical engineering.
- Formal Lean or Lean Sigma training and experience would be an asset
- Excellent computer skill set. Microsoft Office suite especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skill set (ability to perform Logistical Regression, Modeling, etc)
- Familiarity with the use of a statistical analysis program (Minitab, etc) an asset
- Ability to extract data from a variety of platforms and use in Excel, Access and/or Minitab for analysis
- Create presentations to be used in summaries of findings, specific updates and monthly meetings
- Strong understanding of financial statements and mining concepts
- Proven team leadership skills and/or project management ability
Additional Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- 3+ years mining or heavy manufacturing experience performing data analysis and/or supporting or leading technical or improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Well organized, works well independently and in team settings
- Possesses good time-management skills, and is able to work effectively under pressure
Gypsum Resources, LLC owns and operates the 2,600 acre gypsum mine at Blue Diamond Hill in Las Vegas, Nevada. The property has over 75 years of gypsum mining history. Gypsum Resources strategic focus is to maximize net asset value and cash flow through a four-point plan built on: delivering mine and financial performance; attracting and retaining the best people in the industry; achieving operating excellence through application of best practices; and delivering value through profitable sales opportunities.
Engineering, Finance, Consulting
Mining & Metals