H&E Equipment Services

H&E Equipment Services Employer Reviews

Very into CYA type of management.
Territory Sales (Current Employee), Western USMay 20, 2014
Pros: get to wear jeans to work.
Cons: management, benefits, overall culture.
If I had gotten any of this vibe from them in the interview process, ?I would have run for cover. Other negatives have been the double talk from upper management leading employees to be unable to make certain decisions that in other companies in the same industry weren't even thought through, just made. Benefits have become a joke since the new plans – more... rolled out for 2014. – less
good company
Account manager for mining operations (Former Employee), United StatesMay 17, 2014
Pros: travel and employees
Cons: no room for advancement
When I was hired at H&E they wanted to focus on the mining operations . They asked me to head up that task by identifying customers , mines and assign them territories .
del. driver
DRIVER - Delivery (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 25, 2014
Pros: on the road alot
Cons: no set hours
loved the work. learned how to tie down equipment and other things in and on trucks. also traveled the state del. equipment
Looks like a rewarding company to work for.
Technical Services Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 1, 2014
Pros: constant learning expierence
Cons: working long hours
Responsible for technical training to technicians. in charge of the technician classification and evaluation programs. in change of computer program on statics. Technical assistance to the technicians. The most enjoyable part is working with the technical in whatever capacity they need me.
The hardest part of the job is setting up the training room, – more... supplies, lunches, for technicians in training. – less
na
Equipment Salesman (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2014
*no comment - unable to respond at this time
would not to comment at this time
management was inconsistent
co-workers were not easy to get along with
SHIPPING AND RECIEVING
Excellent hand-eye coordination (Current Employee), KENNER,LAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: learn abilities
Cons: a little hot during summer months
SAP,TEAM WORK,MY CO WORKERS ARE GREAT WE GET OVERTIME,ITS A GREAT JOB TO HAVE ,EVERYONE GETS ALONE WITH ONE ANOTHER AND IT S JUST GREAT
Family like environment
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee), Reno-Stead, NVJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
H&E in Reno, NV was a good place to work. They took care of you like they were your family and with the fast pace environment that we worked in, there was still time to have fun.
One of the best places I have ever worked.
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: i got free lunch on a regular basis.
Cons: sometimes i had to work through my lunch breaks.
I check the messages via phone and email for customer complaints, discrepancies, or satisfaction of delivery of equipment. I learned the difference in sizes of forklifts, scissor lifts and various equipment. The company has a great management team throughout all of the locations. Although I was the only female at this location, my co-workers treated – more... me awesome. Sometimes it was hard to get through the male customers, but overall I enjoyed working for the company. – less
Great company with great upper level management
Branch Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: management that understands the business. opportunity for growth. great health benefits.
H&E is ran by equipment people, not the standard 'number crunchers' you find with some of the other big-box corporate rental companies. They are rapidly growing and working their way up the RER rankings. Big things to come from this company! If you are looking for growth, this is the company to sign on with!
Work environment fun and professional
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Billings, MTDecember 21, 2013
Pros: learning environment, intelligent staff, and there was always something to do
Cons: lack of communication
A typical day at work fell between eight to ten hours a day. Work involved anything from simple fixes to lengthy, sometimes complicated projects. I learned different diagnostic methods working with my co-workers. My superiors weren't involved with how I conducted my work. They were happy when the customers were satisfied with how I worked on their equipment. – more... The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lack of communication between the different departments of the office. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn different things about diagnosing and fixing equipment. – less
Input warranty data into various vendor systems
Warranty Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 19, 2013
Input warranty data into various vendor systems. See no room for advancement within the company.
standard work enviroment
dupont fleet equipment maintence supervisor (Former Employee), Orange, TXJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: 75 plus hours per week
i was responsible for overseeing junior mechanics and there safety
Ok if you only want entry level
Branch Mgr (Former Employee), formerMay 3, 2013
Pros: zero expectations from corporate
Cons: lack of leadership
They are a company that don't know who they want to be. Rental company, crane dealership or heavy equipment dealer. Top Management doesn't have any hands on experience and it shows. They DO NOT care about theie employees unless you live in work in Baton Rouge.
H & E
Parts Associate and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jessup, MDApril 24, 2013
Pros: easy, quiet
Cons: benefits expensive
This was a small store that was quiet. Staff was great, management changed often.
Service Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: company values/morals
Drive and maneuver equipment
Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary.
Learn, – more... follow, and promote all safety regulations of H&E Equipment and its customers
communicate clearly, listen and understand information through spoken words and sentences to ensure full comprehension of job duties, safety regulations, and other situations – less
Growing company with odd dynamic
rental coordinator (Current Employee), vaJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: good staff at branch level.
Cons: corporate structure
A rental focus with a dealer structure makes for difficult dealings at the top that flow all the way through to the branch level. It is a work in progress though and I feel that necessary changes are being made for growth.
GREAT COMPANY BUT MOVED TO VIRGINIA.
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great company to work for.
PARTS MANAGER, IN CHARGE OF INVENTORY, SALES GROWTH, SUPERVISING A DEPARTMENT OF FOUR PEOPLE. CREATING AND BALANCING PARTS SALES BUDGET. EDUCATION AN ALL VENDOR LINES AND CAPABLE OF COMMUNICATING WITH THE VARIOUS VENDORS.
Team
Territory Manager (Current Employee), USADecember 26, 2012
Pros: team
Cons: small footprint
All departments work together to achieve success. Each department communicates market changes with the Territory Managers.
Equipment rental company branch with a small staff
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2012
Pros: good creative and hard working staff
Cons: location and corporate performance pounding
Corporate managed branch resulting in predictably pressured staff. Probably not a long term assignment.
Rental equipment company working to compete with national competition.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2012
Great co-workers who are knowledgable and driven. Upper management out of touch with local markets.

About H&E Equipment Services

H&E Equipment Services, Inc. is an integrated equipment services company in the United States focused on heavy construction – Read more

H&E Equipment Services Photos