Position Summary Benefits Supplemental Questions
To perform a variety of clerical support tasks; to provide information to other departments, citizens and the general public; to receive and direct telephone calls and visitors; to receive, route and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; to maintain a variety of files and records; and to perform a variety of administrative duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
This is an administrative clerk position that works a 9:30 am until 5:30 pm schedule with alternate Fridays off.
Salary: $15.35 - $16.50 Hourly
The following duties are typical of an administrative assistant and/or clerk. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible and confidential duties for an assigned department; relieve supervisor of more routine administrative work.
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence and statistical charts; type from rough draft, verbal instruction or transcribing machine; compose routine correspondence related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Answer multi-line telephone and route calls to appropriate personnel; provide requested information as required; maintain record of customer inquiries.
- Provide front counter assistance; screen office visitors and provide information within area of assignment; respond to requests for information and distribute appropriate documents; accept client registrations and payments.
- Screen office and telephone callers; respond to complaints and requests for information on regulations, procedures, systems and precedents relating to assigned responsibilities.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence; copy and distribute as requested; respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain a calendar of activities, meetings and various events for assigned staff; coordinate assigned activities with affiliate agencies; process staff travel arrangements.
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; enter data, maintain and generate reports from a database or network system; create documents using word processing software.
- Verify and review materials, applications, records and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; apply applicable policies and procedures in collecting and processing appropriate information for inbound clients.
- Prepare and compile various agendas and documents for meetings; type, copy, collate and bind documents; attend a variety of meetings as assigned; take, transcribe and disseminate minutes and information as appropriate.
- Compile information and data for statistical and financial reports and special projects; collect and assemble data and background materials for a variety of reports.
- Maintain department filing systems and records; modify systems as appropriate.
- Receive time cards and other personnel information; review information for accuracy and completeness; maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and records for assigned areas; monitor various logs, accounts and files for current and accurate information.
- Maintain inventory of forms, office and other general supplies for assigned department; order supplies as needed.
- Enter data into a computer from various sources including accounting, statistical and related documents; input corrections and updates; verify data for accuracy and completeness; assist in the compilation of reports.
- Collect and process over-the-counter or phone-in new client registrations, or other forms as assigned for various campaigns; enter program information into automated system; compile class rosters; issue transfers and refunds; maintain a system of registration forms.
- Perform routine clerical accounting duties supporting management in processing of payroll, update and balance accounts; monitor petty cash funds.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a typewriter, calculator, switchboard, copier, facsimile machine, adding machine, cash register or computer.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- High School Diploma or Equiv.
- Internet skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills; can prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good judgment and accuracy; can follow detailed instructions
- Positive, enthusiastic outlook; proactive and solution oriented
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify appropriate solutions
- Passion for technology
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
Position is for immediate hire.
Qualified candidates only.
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 5 months ago