H&M Employee Reviews

Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Great PLace to work
Great benefits
Better with Union
Full time/management vs part time
Competitive pay
Great discount/ employee deals
So much room for growth, good pay, great benefits
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2016
This is one of the first companies I can really say I'm proud to work for. Management inevests alot into developing employees and there are great oppourtunities for growth if you are willing to work for them. H&M takes alot of initiative on social and environmental issues and employees an extremely diverse range of people. Everyone works as one team and it is such a supportive environment.
Pros
Great pay, room for advancement, work life balance, benefits
Gptw
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2016
great place to work, the work asked is fairly compensated, good work life balance. it is typical of any retailer areas, stores, districts play favorites but doing your job and asking questions is the best thing to do.
fun atmosphere but annoying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Acres, NYSeptember 23, 2016
get good discounts but short hours no pay and it wasnt even worth my time when i can always get a better job just had this job as a emeregency thing so i wasnt worth it
Pros
Cons
BAD JOB
cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
cool fun place i love it , would work there again if i had choice , great team place they care about their workers , its clean
Pros
cool
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2016
Good Company. Sustainable , Good Pay. Good benefits. Great fashion destination. Good discount, good prices. It can be a challenge at times. Like most retail , Payroll can be a challenge.
Fast Pace
Safety & Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Arlington, NJSeptember 19, 2016
typical day was 8 hrs., enjoyable, ability to grow.

Opportunity to stablish the Health & Safety Department from bottom up.

Co-workers - a great place for Team work

Hardest part of my job dealing with backstabbing and unprofessionalism on upper management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the employees
Pros
Training a Safety Culture
Cons
Union
Fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Sales Associates had to rotate every 2 hours or so on the floor to perform different duties throughout the shift. Everyone was either on register, fitting room or on the department to keep the store organized. We processed clothes and made sure every garment was properly censored, so it could be ready for customers to buy. During the 2 years I worked at H&M, I learned how to talk to customers and try to give a great customer experience. I learned how to work well with others even during our busiest days at the store.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
The store gets busy that we need more sales associate on the floor.
Awesome environment
Customer Service /Clerical/Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Working here was the best times of my life, i made good money and made great connection. and the company appreciated me for me. for who i am, i also enjoyed my co workers because they made the day go by Great
Horrible Work Space
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2016
The job wasn't really how they explained it. The problem I had was the bad attitudes with the management. They always had an attitude with me every time I came to work.
comparably easy job however little chance for advancement or self sufficiency.
H&M sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 14, 2016
Be aware that when you begin working for h&m as a sales advisor you will most likely start off with around 10 hours a week until you "prove" yourself. You will be promised fast advancement and boundless opportunity to move up into your preferred role in a short amount of time...promise after promise will be told to you while you will most generally have to work here for a minimum of 2 years before you are able to move up. Veteran associates are often passed up for much less qualified external hires causing mass frustration.
Pros
part time benefits including vacation and sick pay as well as maternity leave.
Cons
minimal advancement opportunities
Productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 14, 2016
Best thing other than great co-workers is that everyone learns everything there is to do. No one is left clueless on any part of the process and it really helps with overall understanding of how the store runs on a day to day basis.
Tolerable Work Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Typically busy by 11:00am and still busy by 1:00am which is the hour we closed. I definitely learned how to be quick on my feet as I've never worked in such a fast paced environment before. My co-workers were the ones who definitely made my job enjoyable. The characters I have met, I will miss more than anything working on Times Square.
Nice aesthetic and comfortable work environment
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2016
co-workers are easy to work with and will learn something new everday on the job. The work environment is comfortable and it is easy to learn the floor set.
Great Company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 11, 2016
I really enjoy being a manager for this company. Great benefits, work life balance. Great diversity within the company. Lots of chances to travel and train others.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 8, 2016
They are a company that wants too move people up .................

Great place too shop & work friendly .. Would recommend for someone who enjoys doing retail .
Great place to develop your career. Fun and Challenging!
Senior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 6, 2016
Alshaya H&M was a valuable and rewarding experience. Most of my experience within fashion & retail came from working there.
It is a fast paced and friendly workplace that allowed me to grow independently and professionally. It also helped me build up my leadership skills which influenced not only the way I worked but also my efficiency.

Overall, working there with important brands like COS and H&M was a pleasure and helped me build the necessary fundamentals required to be a Senior Merchandiser and better understand the consumers want and how to sell it.
Pros
great culture, hard working &fast paced, challenging environment
Cons
Not for lazy, long working hours
Fast moving work environment
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Extremely busy work environment that teaches you how to multitask. There are many managers and for the most part they do what is needed of them. Friendly co-workers. The hardest part is getting out at 4am and the best part is the work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Late hours
Good Company/Childish Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 31, 2016
Fast pace environment, lots of multitasking, good company but management lack support and discipline on immature employers. Very competitive, the particular store was not in favor of team work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 30, 2016
Throughout my years working at H&M, I had a great time with my managers and co-workers. I worked as a part-time. Work schedule was flexible for students like me. Also, growth opportunities are available. I would love to work for H&M again after college.
Pros
Great culture, Seasonal Family & Friends Discount, Growth Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.