H&M

1.2K reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Would walk into work, And do what they asked me to whether it be to restock the floor or clean it up, or to just go to the dressing room and put anything customers werent buying on a rack. that was pretty much it
Fast Pace Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAAugust 22, 2015
STAY ON YOUR FEET. The employee's were great, you can really be yourself. But just expect a few rude customers. Overall, I loved the atmosphere and the people you get to meet on a daily. A ton of skills have been given to me from this job.
Alright Place
Customer service and sales assistance (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 21, 2015
Everything depends on the district and on the location within the district that you are working in. Not every store is the same as far as management and team members is concerned
Fun environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Great and exciting place to work for. Enjoyed the variety of customers that shopped daily. Great environment and staff who helped make working and shopping fun
fun place to work
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 19, 2015
company has a great open door policy and is straightforward with teams. Lots of opportunity for growth and relocation. great company!
good place to start
Supervisor (Former Employee), saint louisAugust 17, 2015
The people are great, the job is stressful. There are opportunities for growth and traveling. The benefits are wonderful!
Okay place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Employee Discount
Cons: A lot of confusion amongst management
The most enjoyable part of your job will be your co-workers and the great relationships you will create with them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers who often contradict each other and do not work together to complete daily task. If you do not enjoy retail this may not be the job for you.
Overall Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, Health Benefits for Full Time, Pension Plan, Relocation Opportunites, Company Exclusives
Cons: Shaky Management, Lost of Hours
The environment of H&M was always a good one I enjoyed working with the previous and incoming collections, assisting customers with outfit choices, and using my wonderful discounts. Where things went wrong for me personally was the neglect of certain things from management and the extensive lost of hours I commute from New Jersey so a job with hours is important to me and I didn't feel my work ethic was appreciated, but overall H&M is a pretty good company to work for.
Fun and intense workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), 4 Times SquareAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work can range from hectic to fun. Working in the middle of Times Square is never a walk in the park but it is fun. I come in receive any information i need to know then head to the sales floor to relieve the lead before me. I set up my associates and goals depending on the strengths and weaknesses of my team to help things run as smooth as possible. I constantly check the hourly – more... sales and set goals and make changes as needed. Then i'll set clearly goals and time frames for each team member to improve efficiency for themselves and the entire team. I've learned a lot with this company but mostly how to improve efficiency, communication and coach my team. The hardest part of my job is dealing with co-workers sometimes. There are always going to be certain co-workers who are difficult and as a supervisor you need to stay professional and reasonable at all times. There are times you may be upset or feel disrespected but you have to keep your composer. Those are times I'll take a step back , breathe and ask my fellow management team for advice and then proceed. It may be contradicting but the most enjoyable part of my job is the people, co-workers and customers. I honestly enjoy working with my team and customer interactions. It feels good to be productive and helpful. – less
Great Place For Amazing Growth
Full Time Department Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Bonuses, mechandising, making goal, having successful closes.
My Experience with H&M has definintely developed my love for retail. My typical work day involves opening the store, cash routines, making breakdown to organize staff functions for the day, closing routines ensuring staff closes out store to compant standards.
I learned how to be very observant and I learned the professionalism to work with staff and customers to react to any situation accordingly.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with making sure the cusomters are satisified.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the work I have put into my staff and department flourish. Watching the development of the staff can really show through the look and atmosphere of the store's environment.
Could do worse
Store Logistics Responsible/Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2015
It's retail. Not bad overall. Crazy expectations, not enough hours. Opportunities for advancement are sometimes hit and miss.
Great retail company to work for
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 7, 2015
Everyday is fast paced which I enjoy. I've learned so much for working with H&M. I've been able to sharpen my multi-tasking skills. The management team is awesome and my co-workers are the best. The hardest part about the job is the aftermath once we close the store. I really enjoy our relationship as a team.
A fun company with great emphasis on team-work and customer service.
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
working in an environment that caters to every customers needs. maintaining the sales floor and the flow of customers at the register. making sure that all employees are in their assigned department.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Not enough hours are given
Very high paced work place. Hands on and you work with the public. A typical day consist of rotation between fitting room, stock room,sales floor and cash register. Very lively and lots of high energy.
great workplace with good benefits
Retail Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
Was only 16 and an intern at the time of working at the place but i can say that the management and coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Great workplace
Great Company
Shipping Admin (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 5, 2015
I loved working for H&M, it was like the whole team was a family. We helped each other through it all and highly succeeded with our production.
fast pace
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: hours
I learned time management in a fast pace environment . I also learned how to take responsibility of my department. My co workers made it a fun environment to work at. The hardest part of the job was the closes. The most enjoyable part was processing new production.
Overall great fast pace company for work for.
Responsible (Former Employee), NorthWest DCAugust 4, 2015
There are no typical days at H&M, everyday is different and there are always new challenges to over come. The best part is being able to help people giving them the great customer service to make them want to shop again.
great working environment
Visual Merchandiser/Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 29, 2015
company is expanding quickly so opportunity is definitely their to go and grow just display your talent and they will put you to the test!
Fun place to be
Visual/Sales (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 28, 2015
Lots of work to do, fun co workers, great times. Lots of customers, so you never miss an opportunity to engage with guest.
Headquarters