H&M
1,143 reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

Fun workplace.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJJune 26, 2015
Pros: Clothing Discounts
Cons: Driving distance at 17/18
I loved all of my co-workers, as I also loved learning all about the fashion industry and keeping up with what was "in" during that time period.
Learning new things while being a family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Working at H&M was a great place to work. Everyday I was able to learn something new whether it was a new obstacle or how to a new obstacle in a different more efficient way. At H&M the floor a person is assigned is like a family, where there is some teasing and there is always someone there if someone else needs help, which comes in handy when short staffed.
fun
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), mesquite txJune 19, 2015
few hours
retail hours depends on business
good environment
friendly people
good benefits
get your birthday off considered a holiday
starting pay is not bad
Did not enjoy my time there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else
It has been several years, so this may not apply now. Management was horrible. No communication at all. One manager would tell you to do something, another would chastise you for doing it. Was not a great environment to work in.
Scored 1-10 I would give a 5.5
Custer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
Pros: Individuality
Cons: Strict Policies and No work-life balance
Great environment to work

petty management

40 hrs but a crazy fluctuating work schedule. You may close one day getting of at midnight and come in as early as 10 a.m. the next day.

Absolutely NO work/ life balance NONE! Which is the reason I'm leaving.

Very strict attendance policy.

Downtown commute

$14.00/hr pay
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Okemos, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation, travel, promotions
Cons: work/life balance
I love working for the company. The culture and benefits are great. The only downfall is work/life balance. The higher you go, the more demanding the job becomes.
Customer Service/Sales
Sales Associate/Personal Shopper (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: great place to learn new skills and interact with different people
Cons: hours
great company to be a part of, great energy and environment. the atmosphere is friendly. I was able to show my talents while working with a dedicated group of people
Good
SALES ADVISOR, H&M (Former Employee), 51st and 5th aveJune 9, 2015
Pros: Awesome employee discounts & benefits.
Cons: all depends on the store you work at.
It's a fast pace working environment. Not a boring job at all. You always have to be attentive. It also depend on the H&M you work at, the one I worked at was very good. I worked at 51st and 5th, it closed. But overall I enjoyed working at H&M, I would return if I could.
Good Starting Point
Department Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Discounted Merchandise
Cons: Possibly Long Shifts
I began H&M as a sales Associate and quickly rose to a Department Manager. There is an opportunity to grow within the company to advance your career and experience in retail.
Management.
Manager (Store, Department, and Expansion Manager) (Former Employee), Various locationsJune 7, 2015
Hard work - but rewarding.
Benefits outstanding.
Time off generous.
Room for advancement.
Good leadership/management group.
Fast paced work environment.
Overall this was a very fun and interactive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2015
As a sales associate Learned how to multi task and also how to deal with stressful situations. At H&M I would have to hang vast amounts of garments in a set period of time while having the ability to assist the customers walking in the store. In retail everything is fast paced but I accepted the challenge and fulfilled my work requirements everyday. What I enjoyed most of this job was the fact that myself along with my co-workers all worked as one which lead the store to be one of the highest in sales in the district.
H&M-SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: great staff, good benefits, flexible
Cons: short breaks, slow growth
The staff and management are made up of many great personalities. Working at H&M is fast-paced, fun, and creative. It is very team oriented and everyone is there to help one another out. No matter what you need help with, you can go to anyone on the management team. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast paced environment while doing multiple tasks and making sure you are efficient. However, that it was makes it fun as well. You get to help many different customers in an environment the is ever changing. There will never be a dull day.
face pace
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), usJune 1, 2015
Long hours, great benefits. Meet great people
Face pace environment never a dull moment
Management teams strive for one common goals
great environment with many personalities.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: discounts, advancement opportunites
Cons: temporary
The most enjoyable time at my job was meeting new people as well as being around many different fashions that kept me up to date and in the Know.
productive at my work place
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
ive worked retail since i was a teenager and im looking forward to clerical work now but i do well in retail ive learned how to train new employees maintain a tidy work area just be focused with my work how to work along in team work and have the ability to be promoted to new levels
Company has great potential but lacks consistency.
Store Logistics Training & Development Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, PTO Benefits, Adequate break/meal times
Cons: Values displayed are not consistent throughout each store/team.
H&M has really good benefits and promotes work/life balance with good time off benefits and healthcare benefits. Staff is diverse and promotes good team spirit and leadership with the ability to be rewarded in growth opportunities for effort put in. Upper management team however needs improvement with consistency in follow-up and support for staff members.
Great Benefits
Department manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2015
Great place to get managerial experience from. It is a very demanding job, you are required at least 30 hours or week. Being flexible is a plus.
Expect change
Sales Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2015
Cons: Management
Unlike the founders in Sweden, management and corporate may not support or nourish your drive to advance. Other than that, it is like any other retail job. There are your hard workers, just enough-ers, and slackers.
Lowes /greeter& customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus pay out paid holidays
Cons: not having a set schedule
A typical work day Process paper work for lost product, keep customers on file for theft and any suspicious actions, validate receipts for purchase date and time, Customer service rep. bill payments and handling front desk duties. From working at Lowe's i learned a great amount of things the store policy how to handle customers when they are upset and computer skills and training refunds returns and also payment processing. Management is pretty good helpful with learning new things and also allowing you to learn new things in the in case a new position come up. My coworkers are very hands on and helpful and we work together as a team to satisfy customers on a daily basis. I wouldn't say no part of the job was hard with the proper training. The most enjoyable thing about the job would be learning new things since it’s a big store and we sale a wide verity of things you learn about product daily and every day you get to deal with customer’s hands on which is a good leaning experience
My Experience
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, development, values
Cons: policies, red tape
I loved working for the company because every day brought a new challenge and every day was an opportunity to learn and grow. The atmosphere among the team was like a family. We supported one another and got along. The hardest part of the job would probably be the fast pace. Sometimes it was easy to get a little overwhelmed with things. Overall, the job was great and the company offered great benefits. H&M really cares about the individuals that work for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more

H&M Salaries