H&M
1,021 reviews

H&M Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, Consistent Schdeule
Cons: Short Breaks
It's a nice place, sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced. Threes always something to do and most of your co-workers are pretty cool.
Fast paced, fun work environment with relateable people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westminster, COMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Birthday was a paid day off!
Cons: Inconsistent hours from week to week.
I loved H&M. I loved the fast pace, the pay, the people, the benefits. It's an excellent, rapidly growing company that really does care about its employees and wants to provide the best shopping experience possible for the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with the customers and it was so fulfilling to know you helped somebody add a well-made, fashionable item to their wardrobe. We as co-workers had great communication and were always there for each other if something came up and somebody needed to swap shifts. The managers believed in me and were always rooting for me and teaching me new skills so I could get better at the job. I learned how to operate a cash register, how to float, how to move quickly in the fitting room and not get overwhelmed when it got very busy and how to process items that we had just received from the truck and make sure the place looked nice and presentable to encourage shoppers to buy.
fun, informative work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fashion foward, great staff, travel, friendly enviornment
H&M was a great place to work for because they gave you so much knowledge when it came to new fashions and trends. Management was great because they were willing to listen to yout goals and where you wanted to go with the company.
Fashion Meets Fun
Associate/Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
If you have a passion for fashion and you are looking to build on your interpersonal skills, then this is the position for you.
H&M Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newark, DEMarch 23, 2015
Pros: proper communication.
Cons: when there is no commincation
A typical day working at H&M is always fast paced, There is always a lot of traffic; customers coming In and out but management and staff maintain the proper communication to keep a steady flow and keep the store in order. When there is no communication present the store itself goes downhill. Amongst the staff we have our own frustrations but we work together as a team.
Productive work place
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management have lack of intrest to employee concearns
Challenging work place that pushes your creativity. The company have sale goals that we enjoy trying to reach each and everyday.
Fast Paced, and rapidly expanding multimillion dollar company.
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 23, 2015
You dont know what fast paced is until you work for this company. This company thrives on efficiency, so an a manager or even as an associate, you're juggling many things that normally would require a few people or even a set team would do.

H&M teaches you that there are different styles of managing people and people respond to these different types of managers.

The best part of the job is not the great benefits, but the job culture. H&M thrives as a company when it comes to world events and makes sure its employees know about it. The people are amazing and theyre usually the ones that keep you sane in the crazy work hours you put in.

Hardest part of the job is trying to please everyone while juggling your own development as a person. Ive learned that i can never please everyone i communicate with but as long as im doing my job and being true to myself, then thats all that matters at the end of the day.
early morning, heavy lifting , repetitive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 30 min break
Cons: no health plan, stagnant, no room to grow
unload trucks, stock shelves, inventory, greet customer with a warm demeanor and a flyer. merchandise shelving and maintain the stores appearance until close
Good company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great pay for retail.
Cons: not many hours or overtime, even during the holiday season. the pay does make up for it though.
Over all a great company. They really care about their employees. They pay really well for retail, even negotiable if you have experience. But even for beginners the pay is awesome. Employees and managers are nice. Great time working here.
Great place to grow
Help Desk Representative (Current Employee), North Arlington, NJMarch 18, 2015
H&M seems less like a job, and more like an experience. Every day is filled with new situations where I have the liberty to approach them with my own ideas for resolution. The company, on my level of work, is always open to new ideas and suggestions to improve; it's a great place for someone like me to get creative to see what works best.

There are no solid lines separating each department within Logistics. Everybody works together, and because of this, it's possible to learn about every side of what makes the company run. My favorite part of the job is that they are open minded when hiring for new positions. You don't have to have an extensive history in transportation or benefits or even IT. They are a company who likes to hire within and they will give ever person a chance.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Hanover, MDMarch 15, 2015
management is great
employee discount is cool
i like all my co workers
great pay
a lot of opportunity to move up in company
i love the clothes
great hours
Great industry opportunity
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2015
Great perks. This company embodies the European work culture. Excellent opportunity for advancement if you take advantage of it.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), new yorkMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits entry level posotions
Cons: more emphasis on training new hires.
I liked working for h&M. the staff was friendly and as a shopper the clothes were cute. Especially the employee discount is cool....there is a loose dress code, the management request that you dress stylishly and trendy...
great place to be!!!!!!!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 12, 2015
it was a great job to break into retail with i would gladly tell anyone this is a great job with great cloths and theres always room for advancement with the company
benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: lots of vacation time
Cons: not having the right people in the right positions
The company has amazing benefits, hard for any company to match. However you earn everything. H&M is all about pushing the efficiency. Lots of politics when it comes to growth.
Great company, horrible management.
Full Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: bonuses, free lunches, open dress code
Cons: late nights, cliques and politics
If you like working amongst a group of young, immature "professionals" this is the place for you. The store manager is great but one of the department managers and most of the full timers love hearing the sound of their own voices. They hold a major sense of entitlement in a store where their success is due to those around them. The company itself is an AMAZING company to work for. They care for their employees and you get many opportunities to meet fellow H&M employees from other locations. They really take care of you.
Stressful customer service position
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 25% discount card
Cons: during the winter season, the hours slow down to about 4 hours a week
It' s a stress induced position. The position is usually understaffed and you are required to do a lot of work for the little pay.
Productive & fun work place
Inventory (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing, long breaks
Cons: not enough hours
love the style & everything about it. working here was perfect people laughing , making you welcome & getting to know you.
A place to learn new life lessons
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Cross County Yonkers, NYMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be multi-tasking all the way with a smile on my face. The hardest part of my job would be denying the help of a customer.
Learned alot about management and cash office responsibilities
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
At H&M I have learned how NOT to manage people and how to motive people to get the job done. Co-workers are always fun and after a while they become your work family. Hardest part of the job is when people don't work together efficiently when you know they can. my most enjoyable part is learning and growing accomplishing things you didn't think you could!

1 2 3 4 5

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more

H&M Salaries