H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

Positive workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Westlake, OhioOctober 20, 2014
Working a H&M is more than just a career. It is a family that supports and builds one another. Working at H&M is enjoyable and exciting.
Productive and nice place to work.
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be me in the stockroom adjusting clothes and certain H&M items. I've become more of a fashionable person. Co-workers were there if needed. The hardest part of the job is being isolated from the wonderful customers. Dealing with fashion is something I enjoy to do.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 19, 2014
Great place to work. very enjoyable working with great coworkers, and meeting fun and excited customers. I learned some many great skills when it comes to customer servicing and merchandising.
productive work palce
picking and packing (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 17, 2014
my day consists of cooking, cleaning, bathing .Great jobs for cna.
great place to work
Sales Associate/Stock/Cashier (Current Employee), soho new yorkOctober 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, great exposure to new trends
Cons: time management, reducing work hours
it is overall a good place to work at, you learn the in's and out's of retail and what works and what doesnt. very hands on and great for advancing.
great place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee), Massillon, OHOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: dirty work
Very rewarding.
Endless learning. Working with great people.
Figuring out exactly why a vehicle behaves the way it does.
When we get the job done.
workplace
Sales Supervisor/Coach (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: place of opportunities
Cons: just have to keep on top of your own development
this company is over all a great company to work for. There are many opportunities as long as you feel retail is for you. There is many opportunities with this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), whiteplains nyOctober 11, 2014
Replenishing stock onto sales floor
learning how to run sales floor
Management need to learn now to lead
Co-worker are respectful and have great work ethic
the hardest part of the job would be customer
the most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
A great place to work but i just feel i'm not getting paid enough.
Good at first
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: discount, benefits, clothes
Cons: management, fraternization, lazy employees
It started out great but once you are there for a few years you start to see the cracks. The biggest issue was favortism and fraternization, the first place they look for employment is the friends/family members of other employees, Which in turn makes pretty lazy people even more ineffective because all their friends work with them. Its pretty sad everyone – more... is just there for their paycheck and the people who love their job just have to deal with those personalities. The company itself is one of the best in my opinion as far as retailers go with pay and benefits but thats about it. To me it just was not worth the flat out unfair treatment from higher ups to their friends. District team members were friends out side of work with certain people and would just completely disregard anyone else while visits were conducted, it was such a joke! Its a great place to work if you have nothing going for you in your life, but if you want more this is not the place. Know your worth and respect yourself get out of retail in the end they are ALL the same! – less
H&M Review
Sales Advisor, Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2014
my typical day to day was always based on what time of the day I was scheduled to come in. I learned that beauty is whatever gives joy and to be able to make a difference in someone day regardless of what I've might of been going through was priceless for me, management had it days depending on the mood of how they were personally feeling. specific – more... people were a target and it was a lot of favoritism within the store. but all in all things were fine. my co-worker differed in many ways. they were awesome. nothing was hard about my job. I love everything about it. – less
Fast Paced and Family-like Environment.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), ColoradoOctober 8, 2014
Pros: discount, benefits, hour lunch breaks, hours aren't too bad.
Cons: retail, not enough time to do everything, customers treat you like you're beneath them at times.
A typical day at work includes running garments back on the floor from the fitting room or truck. Working on the cash register, doing moves, merchandising, cleaning, all while customer servicing. We are very 'we are one team' orientated and for the most part everyone feels that way. The hardest part is multitasking and time management but you learn. – more... The job overall is awesome, but it's retail! – less
Get Company but bad upper management.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2014
Pros: compensation, discounts, training
Cons: unprofessionalism, doesn't treat employees like human beings.
Worked in the Denver Market and I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism from store management. The company has great core values but in the Denver market talked about them but never delivered them. The District Staff was just as bad. I felt like I was in High School again with the cliquness, which made it very difficult to do my job.
Was always – more... treated like my best was not good enough. – less
sales associate
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 1, 2014
unloyal company to associates, minimum wage pay no job advancement
Job where I really shined
Part time sales associate (Current Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: not enough communication or a sense of team
I love my job at H&M, but I'm in a place at my life where I feel like I should be in a job that I want to make my career. I do not want to be in retail for the rest of my life.
Retail
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), OregonSeptember 27, 2014
Great place to work, flexible hours! Great place to advance up if that is your goal in the fashion industry. You get birthdays off, and paid!
Busy and upscale work environment with opportunity to grow.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: paid time and a half on holidays and birthdays.
Cons: finding a good place to get healthy for lunch in the area.
A typical day at work includes clocking in, support on register and answer phone calls accordingly while processing transactions from customers. It also includes sorting clothes and garments, clearing the stock area and supporting co workers.
I have learned responsibility and maintaining a fast pace throughout the day.
Management handles the store openings, – more... daily goals, and truck.
My coworkers keeps the store clean and handles all customer service questions.
The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for up to 8-10 hours a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, and putting out the new products, also store meetings and creating problem solutions. – less
JOB EXPERIENCE
Responsible-Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CASeptember 16, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS MAKING SURE YOU MEET EVERY CUSTOMERS NEEDS. BY WORKING IN RETAIL AND SERVING IVE LEARNED THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT SERVING THE CUSTOMER ITS ABOUT MAKING SURE YOUR CUSTOMER HAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE AND THEM WANTING TO COME BACK TO YOUR ESTABLISHMENT. THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB IS TO FOLLOW THE COMPANIES – more... GUIDELINES AND STILL PLEASE THE CUSTOMERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART ABOUT THE JOB IS SEEING YOU CUSTOMER/CLIENT SMILE, IT LETS ME KNOW IM DOING MY JOB! EVERY COMPANY IVE WORKED AT IVE MADE IT MY DUTY TO GET ALONG WITH EVERY CUSTOMER, CO-WORKER, AND MANAGER. I ALSO FOLLOW AND GIVE DIRECTION WELL. EVERYONE IS THERE TO HELP EACHOTHER AND WORK AS A TEAM!!!! – less
Exciting Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Overall my experience here was joyous. Everyone got alone and the environment was very inviting. Training was great, we did training for four weeks and when we were done, we were well knowledgable of procedures and policies.
Great store with great staff and style
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: alot of tourist, meeting new and different people
Cons: very fast environment.
I loved this job, I love being around clothing and fun people. Everyone in this job was very friendly the staff and customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more