H&M

1.2K reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

Fun place to be
Visual/Sales (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 28, 2015
Lots of work to do, fun co workers, great times. Lots of customers, so you never miss an opportunity to engage with guest.
Productive, and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Care about your well being as an employee, a hour break, and two 15 depending on day
Cons: communication between all staff
Depending on the day, and customer traffic the day goes by pretty quickly. I learned how important customer service is to increase sales. Managers are helpful, and attentive once you communicate your needs and expectations. Co-workers demonstrate the importance of teamwork. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone on the same page to work toward the same goal. The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting customers from all over the world.
Great place to be yourself
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, growth opportunities
Cons: time consuming, hard physical work
H&M hired me when no one else would because of my gap in work history. I was never asked to change anything about my physical appearance. There are many opportunities for growth here if taken advantage of. I would recommend anyone wanting to work in the fashion retail industry to obtain a job here.
Amazing Place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), New york NYJuly 25, 2015
one of the best companies that ive worked for. the benefits are amazing and the company truly cares for their employees.
Great company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, growth, team
Cons: none
Great company to work for with great benefits and potential for growth. Good hours considering it's retail. Awesome opportunaties for growth, expansion and success. Full health care and fair regulations.
A career in which I got to express myself, with work
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits and health care
Cons: In order to move up further with company you had to relocate
I was able to express my creativity and visual esthetics, while working. Overall I had a great time with H&M ,traveled and got to meet some of the best people. I showed my leadership skills and was able to make executive decisions and coach my co workers.
.m ;efjgiu2erguernvfj dfj ndfj n fjvnjd
unit per transactions and average dollar sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
nhfhf ffhghgjg ngngjgjgjg gjgjgjfhf gjgjgkjg ngjgjgg gjggg jgjghg gjgg gjgg gjggng ghgngng gjgjgjg gjgjg gjgjghvfkdhcjv fjfhgkg fjfgg gjghfghfm g gjgng j ng g g g g g g g g g g g g g g
great place to work
sales advisor (Former Employee), roanoke virginiaJuly 20, 2015
great place to work, cares about employees, great systems for getting things accomplished. my experience here was overall outstanding the only reason I currently do not work here is because I moved.
Good company to work for
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Understanding company
Cons: Management has poor communication
They understand family issues management has poor communication skills with their staff but over all a good company to work for
weddings are fun
General Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: none
Manage and conduct training and product educational seminars, in-store human resources, corporate marketing and communications functions, overseeing store operations of a $6 million dollar store;60-member team. Direct brand management, recruitment, PR, media relations, corporate positioning, product launches, sales collateral and tradeshow marketing. As well as driving daily sales goals, creating sales schedules, balancing payroll and training all new staff. Daily data analysis & excellence in customer service management. Excellence in associate supervision and running sales floor
(Open)1 honor or award
A decent job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 15, 2015
It is a decent job that pays well. You can get bonuses each month as well, but rarely do.

The staff is decent and usually knowledgeable.
Very educational job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
This job has taught me a lot about customer service, selling, and marketing. Here, it is easy to gain skills that you want to add to your roster. H&M is open to giving opportunities if you work for it. Nothing comes easy.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Sales Lead/MIT (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2015
The day would begin by walking the floor, and checking Store Shop Information. This would included any changed in activities or campaigns, career growth opportunities, and where certain products should be placed. The management communicated will with employees, and co-worked enjoyed having the freedom to take their own initiative while following store policies. The hardest part of this job was that H&M is usually understaffed and which requires each employee to take multiple task at once. Such as watching fitting room, ringing on register, running racks, and greeting customers all at the same time in smaller stores. Which transformed me to a very powerful employee and taught me how to accomplish many different task at once. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing how to perform many different roles, and being held responsible for important store standards.
busy amd productive work place
sales advisor (Current Employee), cambridge,maJuly 13, 2015
Pros: benefitf and pay
Cons: long shifts
busy
co workers work well together
long shifts
management was sometimes unorganized

the company cared abut the health and wellness of the employees
Very Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The Pay and Discount
Cons: Closing the Store
A regular day consisted of folding clothes and picking up clothes. I learned about patience when dealing with 50 customers at once. Management was just okay, nothing more nothing less and the coworkers were very welcoming. the hardest part of the job was definitely closing the store .
H&M
Stocker as well as excellent customer service (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 11, 2015
The atmosphere here is amazing. Great managers and friendly facility. There fast paced environment helped me develop better skills and much greater communication skills following with a bit of sales associate.
Exciting, fashion driven, fast paced environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits plan, locations
Cons: District team
H&M was a great company, I enjoyed each and every one of my co-workers we were a little family. Through H&M I learned the understanding of true team work.

A typical day at H&M was fast paced, task after task but it was made easy by doing our weekly planning meetings four weeks in advance.

a great company for inner development of skills and opportunities, District team was a bit dis organized
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJuly 6, 2015
On a typical day at work I would work cash register and help out the customers with their purchases. I would work the cash register and I would also take care of all the go-backs.
productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2015
this company is the best. though it is still retail, I will always go back to this company and work for them. They have top customer service and pay top of the line. Not only that, they really care about their employees.
A fun job with a great environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Bronx, New YorkJuly 1, 2015
Pros: providing customer service
Cons: not many growth opportunties
Providing customer service, handling card and cash transactions,, working as a team and independently, working in a diverse work setting, being able to put a smile on a customer's face
Headquarters